• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Creepiest Audio

As the title explains, what was the creepiest audio that jumped out at you while playing the Pokemon games?
For me, it was Regigas's voice, there were a couple others but I just can't seem to remember them right now, hopefully it come back to me later tonight

Creepy audio in the PokeMon franchise? The Nr. 1 would of course be Lavender Town in FR/LG. Now there's a spooky theme, but it's pretty awesome in its own right as well~

Also, Regirock's voice in Lucario and The Mystery of Mew. Imagine laying in your bed at night and hearing; *Electronic noise* KOM KOM KOM KOM

...Okay, yeah, that doesn't sound that scary x3

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember back when i was playing yellow for the first time and made it into lavender town...Every time since in the first gen games, I'd turn the music off the second I made it to that town. But going back, its actually kind of catchy now. I actually find that old simple tune that used to scare me pretty and kind of cool now XD. The music that creeps me out the most now would be when your in the Ruins Of Alph and you turn on the radio. That just bothers me for some reason, not sure why though.

The original Red/Blue Lavender Town music. When I was a kid, I would literally turn the volume off every time I went into that town. There was just something unnerving about the music. Then again, I was a weird little kid |D

Like other people have already said, I'm going to have to give it to the original RBY Lavender Town and Pokemon Tower music. Funny thing is, I didn't think it was creepy at the time, but going back to it is liek o.o FrLg Lavender Town is also pretty unsettling but not to the same extent as the originals--it's more hauntingly pretty instead. The music that played during the drought in Ruby is pretty creepy too and it's almost a throwback to Lavender Town.

Mismagius's cry gets an honorable mention for me.

Along with the obligatory Lavendar Town and Pokemon Tower, Silph Co. is pretty creepy too. I really like it though. The music doesn't really fit the environment though, except for Team Rocket being there.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
My favorite is the Lavender Town reversed that Dre linked too, but the best is when you play the forwards at the same time. It just sounds so beautifully eerie. :>

A

Anonymous

Jeez when I first heard Gothitelle's cry (at midnight with headphones on at full blast) I had jumped out of my chair!

While Lavender Town does get a vote for me, and while Gothitelle scares the you know what out of me, I would also have to vote for the opening sequence for when Lugiah appears in SS, and the battle music for Arceus.

Creepeist audio for me would be Turnback cave/Old chateau music with headphones in the dark.
Zekrom's cry at full blast on headphones in the dark is notable,but more shocking than scary.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I originally was a little disturbed by the Silph co. theme in red and blue, but recently, I've found the Old chateau theme to be one of the more haunting themes.

Musharna's, and Pachirsu's cries have always weirded me out....then city theme wise.....old school Lavender town scared me, but attracted me in the same way... :p

Lavender Town music definitely, Creeped the hell out of me everytime I heard it, and it's scarier in the original Red/Blue... But the Old Chateau music was a little unnerving as well... Especially during the occasional ghost event... Ooooh.... *shudders*

Last edited by a moderator: