Flash Challenges, for those of you who have forgotten what those entail (or were not around for the last ones to know what those entail in the first place) are freeform artistic prompts centered around a particular theme, meant to inspire creative works for whomever wishes to take them on.
This once-proud Pokécharms tradition was started in order to further promote the creative side of the Pokémon fandom - and then, for reasons outside our control, it died for what turned out to be over a year.
What better season, then, for it to rise from its grave and walk among the living yet again?
Members, Beware, You're in For a Dare!
The ChallengeCreate a written work, artwork, or trainer card related to Halloween.
These may be the more traditional Halloween fare, revolving around "spooky" or "creepy" Pokémon (Ghost and Dark types are often popular choices for such, but not exclusively) or situations - or roll around on one of the other aspects of the holiday, such as disguises, trick-or-treating, pumpkin/turnip/whatever fruit/vegetable carving you may be doing out there - as long as it can be tied to Halloween, the sky is the limit!
- You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that they've made previously. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
- Entries do not necessarily have to feature Pokémon characters or locations, or be set in a Pokémon universe. We observe that most works here do feature one or more of these, however.
- There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun
- The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse, or even subvert it entirely - it's up to you!
- Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
- The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
How to EnterThe process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:
Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should tag your work with the tags flash challenge and halloween 2018. It's also helpful to post a link to the work in the comments for this article. And of course, if you do not mind us featuring an entry you've submitted to the Flash Challenge on our social media profiles - be sure to tag it with the Pokecharms-Social tag as well!
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.
Good luck, everyone!