It's February, which means we're getting close to Valentine's Day. So, spin up your best friendship speeches and break out the chocolate, it's time for the pink and fluffy Flash Challenge...
The ChallengeCreate a written work, artwork, or trainer card featuring love or friendship.
You're welcome to play the love straight, but the more cynical of you might want to twist this and make it funny or dark...
Full details are below the cut as always - click "Continue Reading" to read more!
- You must have an active Pokécharms account to enter. "Active" means an account that is not restricted by read-only status, and has not been banned.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Entries do not necessarily have to be original - creators can upload works that already exist elsewhere. That said, we'd love to see what new works you come up with!
- Entries do not necessarily have to feature Pokémon characters or locations, or be set in a Pokémon universe. We observe that most works here do feature one or more of these, however.
- There will be no declared winner and no prizes - this is just for fun
- The theme is up to interpretation if you wish - follow it strictly, or use it as a bouncing-off point for something more diverse, or even subvert it entirely - it's up to you!
- Due to the lack of judging or prizes, Pokécharms staff are permitted to submit works for the challenge.
- The rules for the Creative Corner must be observed when taking this challenge.
- The challenge will end on February 15th
How to EnterThe process is slightly different for different kinds of entries:
Visual and written works (artwork, stories, articles)
Most works will be submitted via the Creative Corner in the usual manner. In order to mark your entry as a Flash Challenge entry, you should put the hashtag #flashchallenge in your work. In order for it to be searchable, you should place the hashtag in the summary of a written work (in other words, not the work itself), or the description of a visual work. It's also helpful to post a link to the work in the comments for this article.
To submit trainer cards, just link to them in the comments for this article. If you're not sure how to do this, there is a guide here.
And finally, an apology - the Flash Challenges kinda disappeared due to a whole bunch of real life hitting me at once towards the end of last year. In order to keep the challenges going clearly, I'll be updating them on a fixed schedule now - each challenge will run for approximately two weeks. So, as mentioned above, I'll be ending this challenge and posting a new one on February 15th.
As always, best of luck!