• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If you're going to credit me, you don't HAVE to link back to me, but whatever, if you want to XD I'm not a real big stickler about credit - but if you want to credit me as Kosheh, or Kosheh of Custom Wars forums.
[Custom Wars is a Java-based PC remake of Advance Wars with custom content, in case you were wondering about the forum's name - it's the development forum]

It's just helpful to have a context to go with the name, a site or whatever to tie you with makes the name mean something imo. I feel the credit's worth it for the quality of the work alone if anything.

Expect to see the new template up soon.

sup i joined

Anyway, while I was playing around with the template for D/P, I couldn't help but to notice that when I used certain trainers the card seemed wildly off-centre. That's not so much your fault though, dude. XD That's a flaw on my part - because on the Trainer Card it's expected the two main trainer sprites will fit easily/nicely into the Trainer profile. However, the D/P trainers are all different sizes, so there has to be some sort of agreeable length-width of that box if you want the trainer card to work properly...or so I've noticed.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
All the trainer sprites are 80x80 and are centered at the bottom (middle would probably be ideal for this purpose, but all the D/P Trainer sprites are ripped directly from the games, no modifications, so without manually editing every single one they're stuck that way), when they're inserted onto the Trainer Card, the program takes their top-left most pixel (0x0 as far as x/y goes) and places them at the location I specify from that way down.

Basically, it's almost impossible for all the trainers to be centred both horizontally and vertically, because the sprites aren't all identically located within their 80x80 space.

I noticed (a bit late, lol) that what centred the male hero sprite in the box in your template made the larger trainers like Makishi or the Psychic Elite go half out of the box or wildly off side. So basically, that template is designed to work best with the larger trainers - and the smaller trainers kinda veer off centre a little.

It's a bit of a pain, but not too bad. Ideally, the trainer box could be a little wider to give there more room to centre - though there's not really a lot of room there thanks to the Pokemon taking up most of that space.

I think maybe it'd be best to avoid boxes for Trainer locations in the future, just to keep things more loose. But, meh, live and learn eh?

Man, Dr. Oak - you're probably one of the quickest-replying admins I've ever seen on a forum.

Anyway, if you want - IF YOU WANT, I'm not holding you to it, I just made a copy of the template without the box. You can give it a spin first to see if it looks any better - it probably will - I'm just concerned that some of the characters' red clothing will clash into the red background and the mishmash will cause some users' eyes to bleed.

trainerdptempkz8.png

I even added the watermark for you. XD

FELLOW TRAINERS OUT THERE OR SOMEONE, UH
Just give it a spin, see how it looks. If it looks nicer, feel free to replace it on the server (just change the name of this file, lol) or if you're concerned about the clashing too, just gimme a ring - I don't mind fixing it, it only takes a few seconds to change. So uh
yeah, whatever lol
I'll probably contribute some more Trainer Cards once I get some more free time.
Papers, papers, papers D:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
a3d32384e72971dcb049bb74fea198d0.png

Yeah, that really does work out quite a lot better. Though, one request if you do continue making templates - don't put in the Pokemon boxes. It's fine on this one 'cos the positions are the same as on the other two templates, but it might not always be that way and they could clash with the actual Pokemon box images on other designs. It's better without them, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I'm too lazy to do it ATM, maybe in like 5 minutes

I'll edit the card ONE MORE TIME, just to take the boxes out because I just noticed how weird it looks compared to the other two. _>

trainerdptempev5.png

Okay, right now I have these four to submit to you.

Ash
Ash.png

Doctor Gary Oak
DoctorOak.png

Lance of the Elite Four
Lance.png

Claire of Blackthorn City
Claire.png

My apologies on the non-transparent backgrounds.

trainerbg.png

i made this shell, its not pkmn based (its ff vii) but it still looks good.
note*i cant set the background to invisible so i made it pink so feel free to edit and i couldnt make the url at the bottom fit.
heres the link.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/mdrntrct/trainerbg.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Love the template, a bloody genius idea, lol.

It'll be up tommorow, so major thanks for providing it (I had to do a tiny bit of editing to it though). Here's a preview until tommorow:

97589c4f95520966e923c3736245531f.png

Z

Ziro

0c633bab2083a3c16c2f6aa12bac3777.png

So i have to admit. i'm no good at making my own icons. (they look... funny...) But I do take great pride in changing the colors around. ;D

I have made a Trainer Card template as well. Here it is, but it isn't as good as the others.
3zq7drb.png

I based the colors off of D/P and R/S/E, but I can change any of the colors you want me to.

Love the template, a bloody genius idea, lol.

It'll be up tommorow, so major thanks for providing it (I had to do a tiny bit of editing to it though). Here's a preview until tommorow:

97589c4f95520966e923c3736245531f.png

no problem i was acctualy hoping that someone would edit it cause i dont got the proper pic edditing programs at my dads house.

I left space at the bottom to put the made @ pokecharms if you chose to use it

BLANK
balank.png

E.G
balanknot.png

Sorry for not bothering with badges or the white border..its too late XD

lol @ people submitting all these trainercards after I did
I'M SUCH A PIONEER and uh
trainerbg.png

i made this shell, its not pkmn based (its ff vii) but it still looks good.
note*i cant set the background to invisible so i made it pink so feel free to edit and i couldnt make the url at the bottom fit.
heres the link.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/mdrntrct/trainerbg.png
So Trainer card templates based off other games are okay now?

I could totally make an Elite Beat Agents-inspired card then, right? :0 I TOTALLY COULD.
and at the bottom i could write that it's distributed by the Ministry of Soul XD

or something >_>

[quote author=Ultracow link=topic=1379.msg14364#msg14364 date=1175566816]
I left space at the bottom to put the made @ pokecharms if you chose to use it

balanknot.png

Sorry for not bothering with badges or the white border..its too late XD
[/quote]
FIRST OF ALL IT'S NEVER TOO LATE WHEN YOU'RE AN AWESOME SPRITER :0

Anyway, Ultracow, that's the back of the FR/LG trainer card, isn't it? I really liked that template TBH when it displayed game stats and stuff :3
My only suggestions is perhaps you could round off the sides of the field where your name goes.

N

N.R.Chey

My sister asked me to post her card.

A

A Guest

Sorry if this seems awkward, with my being a guest...but I'd like to make a small donation. A simple recolor and edit...not too difficult, and not all that great, I guess.

I apologize for the background-I was using it on a different site, so...

raefetrainerjf4.png

I could totally make an Elite Beat Agents-inspired card then, right? :0 I TOTALLY COULD.
and at the bottom i could write that it's distributed by the Ministry of Soul XD

You've intrigued me now. If you don't make an EBA card, I will be forced to find you and do something unspeakably horrible to your soul.

You've intrigued me now. If you don't make an EBA card, I will be forced to find you and do something unspeakably horrible to your soul.
THANKS, MAN. ESPECIALLY LIKE, SINCE I JUST MET YOU.
Here's a WIP preview of it [AGENT OAK HEEYUH~~!]
I made it a link to avoid potential spoilers (because I don't want like half the forum to see it because the end product will uh...look a lot better) I'm currently having trouble right now coming up with an idea of what to do for the trainer's name, but it...shouldn't take a whole lot of time to come up with something. I want to manage the EBA theme while at the same time not butchering the boxes.

FIRST OF ALL IT'S NEVER TOO LATE WHEN YOU'RE AN AWESOME SPRITER :0

I ment @ night....AHAHHA

[quote author=kosheh link=topic=1379.msg14390#msg14390 date=1175612907]
Anyway, Ultracow, that's the back of the FR/LG trainer card, isn't it? I really liked that template TBH when it displayed game stats and stuff :3
My only suggestions is perhaps you could round off the sides of the field where your name goes.

Arrr, almost done - here's what I have for my new EBA trainer card template.

ebatrainercardprevxe6.png

Just tell me first, Doctor Oak, if you even want to include the card XD

And secondly, do I need to fix anything before I can say it's done? I'm still having problems with the name-entry area as I still think it's hard to read, but if it's all right, whatever.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Again, another fantastic template. The only slight problem is the size of the name space (also, don't worry about not being able to see the font - I've made a new blacker font for cards like those). The character limit is 15 characters, so it has to be long enough to fit that. Other than that, great. The watermark isn't really a problem, if I need to I'll just bump the font size down by one.

What I think we need from future trainer cards, at least one of them anyway, is to swap the trainers and Pokemon around. Just for a bit of diversity - so if anyone is submitting any more new cards, that would be ideal to include.

Okey, done :]

Hypotenuse Man will be proud ;_; NOW IF ONLY I COULD INCLUDE THE MENU MUSIC TO PLAY WHEN THE CARD IS SHOWING.
i know, make it in flash lol

I have one (I know, im posting it again, but the last one I uploaded went to crap, so im gonna post it again)
figs.png

(Also, i cant figure out how to download GIMP, therfore cannot make it transparent without making it a Gif.)

(another Also, For the heck of it, im just gonna post a Gif one)
figs.gif

L

lenna_clube

:)This is my card, I hope you like it ;)but how can you put Gary like trainer? ???

05b1baf41e6f0886271764a78fd1be00.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A) This isn't the place to be asking that, this is: http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?topic=1231.0
B) You use image tags, just as you do on any other message board:

Code:
[img]http://www.whateversite.com/image.png[/img]

If you make a Trainer Card with the Trainer Card Maker, it provides the image tags for you along with the link for the card.

I should be updating tonight with the new batch of trainers and trainer card templates to choose from.

those are MSPaint colors, lol
Yep, I wasn't on the internet so I had to use Paint. But, oh well. Here is the nicer one I made because I am on the internet, and I had more time. And, now the upper part is for the Friend Code, while I added a name area. Colors are based on Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Giratina. Any recommendations are gladly accepted.
2czvpyd.png

Made my own ^.^

I gots to fix the fonts on it, make gyms into badges and stuff, but I can do that later I guess
dptr102ox8.png

Just basic so far but you get the idea ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.