1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon?

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by fred7601, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Crash Bandicoot or Spyro?

1. Crash Bandicoot

38.5%
  2. Spyro

61.5%
  1. fred7601

Friend Code:
    1160-9962-8734
    Because I grew up playing a PS1, I have always enjoyed playing these two franchises. However, I've always liked Spyro better mainly because of the fact that it has a wider variety of worlds, and cool graphics. Crash is pretty cool too, but I never really got used to the camera views in those games. What are your guys' opinions on the two franchises?

2. StarletHeaven

Friend Code:
    0490-5432-0707
    Nintendo Network:
    StarletHeaven
    PSN:
    crash-ngaru
    Crash Bandicoot! \o/ it's my childhood game xD Plus Crash is so adorable ♥

3. AzureEdge

AzureEdge ✧luzrov rulay✧

Friend Code:
    5000-3997-3556
    Nintendo Network:
    AzureEdge
    Steam:
    AzureEdge7
    Why must you make me decide!?!
    I'll have to go with crash and the gang, probably because of Aku Aku (Tiki dude).
    They should make a new crash game. Or rerelease it for some nostalgia.

4. I'm going with Spyro. He's one of those character's that is just cool to play as. A bad ass dragon going around and save his homeland, returning the orbs, and returning the baby dragons to the homeland. I thought that was pretty cool he went out of his way to do all that. I still love him till this day. Well, the classics anyways. I do like the "A Hero's Tail" Design for him.

5. fred7601

Friend Code:
    1160-9962-8734
    I also like the "A Hero's Tail" design, but I strongly dislike the Skylanders design for him. I think Spyro is such a legendary video game character, that he should deserve a better character design rather than a gremlin look-a-like.

6. Well, In Skylanders I don't see him as the Classic Spyro we know very well and since he's not significant due to many Characters being brought in so I don't see him as Classic Spyro Really. Every character in terms of gaming have changed(Besides Mario at the moment) which is sad. But we all gotta move on so that's why I continue to play the classic beauties. I will admit that Skylanders was innovated for its own series really, but hey, that's just me.

7. ignitusfire12

PSN:
    ignitusfire12
    Difficult question. I too started with a PS1, and have played both franchises. But I have to go with Spyro. I've loved dragons for my whole life. I've played the original, The Legend, and Skylanders series. But personally, I like the Legend series the best. I think it had the best voicing cast, and had a more emotional impact. But I do like Crash Bandicoot. I really like Tag Team Racing, which is one of the few racing games I play.

8. I have to go with Spyro, mainly because of nostalgia. When, I first played Spyro, I had know idea what was going on, but now when I play it, I feel nostalgia and happiness. But, I do also like Crash Bandicoot. It's definitely not one of my favorite franchises, but it's still fun. Anyway, my final answer is Spyro.

ignitusfire12 likes this.
  9. crash is my childhood hero

10. I choose Crash Bandicoot. I love both Crash and Spyro, but I´m counting all the games. The original Crash Trilogy on PS1 is extremely fun, CTR is an amazing kart-racing game, Wrath of Cortex and Of The Titans are super underrated, and the GBA games are cool too (Except Crash Purple). Also, The N. Sane Trilogy is one of the best PS4 games. The OST is pretty catchy and full of good songs. The Spyro games are awesome too, but The Legend of Spyro games are not that good, and are a little bit short for my liking (I´m not saying they are bad games, I mean, the story of the games are great, but Crash is way better than Spyro). If I had to choose between the PS1 games, I´d choose Spyro.

11. mhairigood

mhairigood Likes Trains

Steam:
    mhairigood
    I love both Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, however, I'm going to side with Crash on this one since I played his games the most. Whilst Spyro had a hella rad' dragon that was capable of flight and skateboarding, Crash and his sister just seemed to be more addictively fun for me. They're definitely both classics and I'd suggest both series of games to anyone who was interested in gaming. They're always worth an honourable mention.