• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cospirators Say- 4th Generation is the LAST GENERATION- Opinions

People have begun to realize that HAL/Nintendo is beginning to run out of ideas- for Pokemon and more. They've created the God of Pokemon (Arceus), the maintain...ers of time and space, and the mediator (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina), and the three embodiments of human spirit (Mespirit, Uxie and Azelf)...

Get my point? What else is there to do? They're running out of ideas.

However... That is what the conspirators say. I say...

I have created 70+ Pokemon, and the legendaries to base the games, too! It's not difficult. And people think Nintendo can't put their heads together and make more? I don't think that 4th Generation = Last Generation. :)

I guess the point of this topic is to discuss wether or not you think 4th Gen is the last Generation or not. I would also like if you would state WHY you think it is/not.

And, please, no flaming. Because, as you know, all toasters toast toast.

-AL

D=

I don't think so. >>

They can have more than one pokemon be the ruler of space/time, as observed by the region or whatnot.

They could also set it up on a different planet and do stories there or whatnot, because it never mentions pokemon being Confined to one planet. They do refer to it as the 'Pokemon Universe' after all in the movies. Deoxys coming from space elaborates on the idea there's more than one planet with pokemon.

More than one pokemon can be on a planet or something, I dunno.

If they do make 4th Genreation the last generation, I think Nintendo is going to have some very mad people yelling at them =3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely not. This is their biggest and perhaps best-selling franchise aside from the likes of Mario and Wii Sports/Fit. I think Diamond is still the best selling DS game of all time - or very close to it. They are massive, massive cash cows, even now - and there's no way Nintendo will ever stop milking them until they are completely dry.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Even if a fifth generation isn't born, there is still so much that can be done with the already existing regions and Pokemon. You have the Mystery Dungeon series, the Ranger series, and Nintendo just announced Pokemon Melee. Not to mention they can still go on with Stadium/Collussium/XD type of games. The possibilities are endless.

4th Generation is sooooo not the last. Like Shado said, they did say it was the Pokemon Universe, which could lead to begin basing Pokemon off of alien species of god-knows what tv shows, movies, anime, etc.

Just as easily, Nintendo could just go to most Pokemon fan sites and see what all fakemon they've created and try to get ideas either off of those or use the actual ones. There's just way to much Nintendo can use for Pokemon ideas, and they've limited themselves by using animals, imo.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gotta agree with Data there. :3

Though they may be running out of ideas, they're still running, see? They're not completely out of ideas yet.

Stills, I wanna see what they can think of that's more, how do you put it... more powerful or something than Arceus or Dialga and Palkia and Giratina. Seriously, though, they had weather dieties or something, then they have Pokemon that can totally mess up reality. What's next? Well, they do have a whole bunch of creative peoples, who created a lot of interesting Pokemon. I just won't believe they're totally out of ideas until they say they are, and as there has been no official announcement that Pokemon is done forever, I say that Pokemon will live on for at least a few more years.

Kinda dunno where I'm going with my argument, though. I have everything in my brain but I just can't seem to form my thoughts into words.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Pffft. Are you kidding? As long as Nintendo can milk THAT Cash Cow, it'll NEVER die.

They'll just have to stop mass producing pointless fucking legendaries and all will be fine.

Elysydeon, this is where I disagree with you They will always keep making "pointless fucking legendaries" to give the games some sort of Objective after completing the main story so people will keep buying the games that is really the only reason they are there

I highly doubt that 4th Gen is the last, but I just wish they'd stop making so many legendaries (considering how many 4th Gen alone has, and then add all of the previous Gens). There's got to be over thirty by now. That's practically an army, when you consider their power.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
kirk+KHAN!.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

... I'm sorry, I've been DYING to make that reference ever since you started posting.

Anyway.

1 - Is it really so hard to copypaste "Elsydeon"? For that matter, is it so hard to use punctuation, not to mention proper grammer?

2 - You seem to misunderstand. A few legendaries is fine - every region needs a bit of mythology. But Sinnoh, for example, has REALLY pushed it too far. I mean, Remember the days when all PokeMon had was Five legendaries and that was enough?

I don't mind a few legends, what I do mind is the way they get too stupidly epic and dramatic and the entire damned plot is legendary-driven. First and second gens didn't have legendary-based plotlines, mostly, and it's about time the franchise returned to that formula. I've had it with all those EPIC GODS OF EARTH, WATER, SKY, SPACE, TIME AND PLASTIC. >>;

Hahaha!! i was hoping someone would do that

1. sorry about that didn't think to copy and paste

2. I fully agree Sinnoh went waaaaay too far with the legends I personally think two or three legends is a perfect number per region

Hahaha plastic, but yes I was thinking this when they introduced Arceus. The God Pokemon, looks like it`s not going to be a 5th Generation game. What will they find diffferen forms, or out of the question baby forms, and stretching this thought into like something more powerful than Arceus? We all though Mewtwo was the all powerful with Mew. But then the generations keep going to announce a `God Pokemon` ?

Meh, I doubt it.

They'll keep going, even if the next Legendary set celebrates "things you find in your hamper". I'm a little weary about Sockii, protector of socks, but hey, even that one will find its way into the community's heart. I mean, Rotom's doing pretty good, and it's all about "appliances you find in your kitchen/laundry room".

That being said, there are still tons of animals they have yet to make into Pokemon. They won't run out of ideas any time soon. And, with the community STILL on the rise thanks to younger generations discovering the newer games, I doubt they'll just stop at generation 4.

They don't have to make, as Elsydeon put it, "[glow=red,2,300]EPIC GODS[/glow]", they could just do a Poke-Guardian of a region, and some random bad Pokemon to threaten it and the region. No time, no space, earth, water, fire, OR plastic. :D And no 15 legendaries in one game. Please? Platinum clocked a record-breaking 15+ available legendaries, not including the event Pokemon Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin.

Plus, they don't have to leave "PokEarth"at all. Do what Sinnoh did and give life to bells and stuff!

-AL

I wouldn't mind if Generation 4 is the last. But, that's just me.
It all comes down to how much longer pokemon will keep raking in the dough, and that appears as if it will be for many more years. (hence, another generation approaching)

It's not like they just stuck aimless legends into DPPl, though. Every legend in there had a purpose. (At least mythology-wise) I'm thinking next, we'll have legendaries representing the seasons and human conditions like :'disease', 'reason', and 'haste'. Which would seem both logical and marketable.

Do what Sinnoh did and give life to bells and stuff!
I want my digital camera pokemon. Right. Now.

Rotom's doing pretty good, and it's all about "appliances you find in your kitchen/laundry room".
That's because Rotom is divine, godly, sheer epic to the tenth degree.
Homicidal Kitchen Appliances > Space Goats

The big question is what comes after the DS? The Generations have always been separated by the "next" advancement in hand held gaming. Gen I was the Game Boy, Gen II was the Game Boy Colour, Gen III was the Game Boy Advanced, and Gen IV is the DS.
By the looks of things Nintendo seems to think the DS can last as the primary hand held gaming device for a while. And that may not be incorrect. It's DESTROYED the technologically superior PSP in the market, and sales continue to rise. They've even introduced a new DS, the DSi, which as far as I can tell is marketed to the same "casual gamer" audience the Wii is being marketed to. From where I'm sitting Nintendo seems content to develop technology for the DS rather then developing the next system. Which isn't neccecarily a bad thing, BTW.

So if that is indeed the case, what does that say for Pokemon? Sure, Gen IV's been expanded to include Platinum and much needed remakes of Gold and Silver, but what happens when those games run their course? Are there still options for Gen IV to explore beyond what has already, or what will, be utilized?
I thought about the possibility to Gen V also being a DS based game, but realistically that wouldn't happen. You'd end up with a situation where you have two Gens on one system that only have one-way conectivity, more or less. I mean it's possible that they could introduce Gen V to the DS and then force the fading out of the five Gen IV games, but that seems unlikely.

So back to the real question. If Nintendo is committed to developing technology for the DS rather than a whole new system, what does that mean for Pokemon?

I don't really think Gen 4 is the last.

There should be more games when a new console comes out. There are plenty more things to make into a pokemon, and if they're running out of ideas then they can still make more evos/babies of other pokemon. I agree there were way too many legendaries in gen 4, though.

HOWEVER, I also doubt that there will be a 5th gen soon, since gen 5 pokemon should be in the anime if there will be one soon.

I don't think that Nintendo will stop "milking the cash cow". But i wish they would! Pokemon is getting ridiculous! First generation was good, second was even better, third was only good because of the legendaries, fourth just added on to other evolution lines or copied previous pokemon.

Also, even if the fifth generation pokemon are original, how is the storyline to go? There isn't much past keeping three "God Pokemon" from ripping apart the very fabric of time and space.

I love Pokemon as much as you guys do, and it pains me to say this, but Nintendo needs to stop before they really embarrass themselves.

Story line? The idea of your character saving the world everytime gets a little bit boring; granted, it would be harder to programme in the possibilities of actually being a trainer or co-oridinator (or whichever profession you choose), but I suspect that might be something 'they' are looking into. It would be nice to have more autonomy in game progression, rather than being dragged about a linear route from one gym to the next, with the occasional 'bad guy' fight in-between.

I agree the Legendaries are getting beyond ridiculous now, what's left is the 'dark side' to personify (if that's even the correct term to use) but that seems unlikely to happen given how 'happy' the games (and anime) are.

Think about it this way.

Pokémon is a big franchise. Nintendo and Game Freak have many more things to do in it, as, like mentioned, there are still more animals to be used. If Generation 4 would be last, or the "End to All of Pokémon Game", everyone would walk away. The games would probably be leaving the next generation of children, and be lost forever. I mean, seriously. Sonic may have died, however, Pokémon still has it's "feeling". I don't think it'll happen too soon.

But if it does happen, Mario will probably die off too in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, why is everyone saying Arceus is a sign that there won't be a next generation? I'm really getting tired of that argument...and not just because I dislike Arceus as a Pokemon.

As I said in another topic, who says that the next generation's legendaries will be as epic? And there is no way they're running out of ideas. They've used only one format for the main series! (Starting off as a trainer, battle through gyms, etc) Running out of ideas would imply that they've done all sorts of stuff for the main series and they haven't. There likely will be fifth generation because there doesn't seem to be any sign, certainly not (lol) Arceus, that there shouldn't be. Besides, I still want a dark/fighting Pokemon....

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... My opinion on this topic?

People said they were running out of ideas in gen 3. They probably also said gen 3 would be the last generation of games until Bonsly/Lucario/etc. popped up :)

Ugh, why is everyone saying Arceus is a sign that there won't be a next generation? I'm really getting tired of that argument...and not just because I dislike Arceus as a Pokemon.

What she said. So much. That and the whole "they're running out of ideas" argument makes me want to stab people in the eyes with spoons. ^^

I really don't have much to add that I haven't said in the past - or that others have already in this thread. Cash cow. Tons of animals and mythology left to use. Cash cow. It's not slowing down anytime soon.

I have something else to say, arceus may be the 'God' pokemon but they can still make some more. They don't need to make legendaries more powerful than the last generation. You could just have 7 or 8 legendaries; 2 special to a certain game (e.g. dialga and palkia/groudon and kyogre), one to be in both games (e.g. rayquaza, giratina) obviously the legendary trio (I don't need to give examples for this since you know what I mean) and maybe one or two ubers (e.g. jirachi and deoxys).

Gen 5 could just be simple like that and not be better with stacks of legendaries.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My opinion on this is "how in Arceus's name does said Arceus suddenly mean Pokemon is over?" Yes, he's the god of Pokemon. No, there's nothing more to it. Seriously.

My basic response to the whole "Gen IV is the last generation" thing is this: If Gen IV is supposed to be the last one, why on earth would Nintendo continue to market and advertise Pokemon as much as they have been? Also, why on earth would Nintendo kill off their second-most successful franchise, and the second-most successful game series in existence right now? Unless of course, Nintendo's big master plan is to make LESS money - because that makes total sense.

The odds of Gen IV being the last generation are around the same as the odds that Meta Knight will stop raping competitive Brawl....which will never happen.

Gen 5 could just be simple like that and not be better with stacks of legendaries.

I object to the idea of a game needing Lengendaries; they are merely a vague crux on which the 'evil guys' plan usually rests on. Why not have the opposing ideaology of the game, that is the 'bad guys', have a different style? Couldn't you be fighting an evil mega-corp that's exploiting Pokemon on the contest circut, for instance? That could be quite a fun thing; training your critters to be both battlers and contestants; having a campionship disrupted half way though and the lark.

The one thing that all conspirators must think of is:

If all of Pokecharms (Ranging in age from 10 to... probably 30 or so) come up with multiple storylines, how could Nintendo not? I, at age thriteen, can come up with and agree with multiple possible work-off ofs. I have invented 70+ Pokemon, and so have many of the 'Charmsians.

See my point? Plus, if Japan really is smarter than the U.S. and just about everyone on the planet, how come... you ge the idea.

-AL

I object to the idea of a game needing Lengendaries; they are merely a vague crux on which the 'evil guys' plan usually rests on.
Actually, I believe Legendaries are created as far more than a motivation for the region's villans. I love legendaries, and a generation without them would be devoid of the mythology and substance that the other generations incorporate.
And, you know, lots of minor legends are great. It helps flesh out the mythology of a region. Every legendary has a purpose, whether it's an obvious one or a more clouded one.

I've also seen a lot of people (not so much here, but all over in general) saying:
"OH HAI I MADE A NEW GEN W/ KEWL PKMN AND STUFF ALL BY MYSELF AND IT SHOULD BE AN OFFICIAL REGION AND GAMEFREAK SHOULD USE FANMADE POKEMON FOR A GENERATION." :o

First of all, no adult on Earth capable of rational thought would let children submit designs for a massive franchise like pokemon.
Second, almost all the fakemon look like Spectrobes.

Arceus is not poke'god, btw. He's the figurative creation concept rolled into the form of a large farm animal from outer space.