• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Corrupt Arena Discussion

Copying my character from another roleplay, with changes to team. Her main pokemon, Mawile, remains the same and her mega evolution has been approved.

Name:
Nyx Navi
Appearance: Nyx is of native-american descent. A coastal girl, born and raised, her time spend on the beach shows in the sun-kissed color of her tan skin and her wind-swept beach hair. Standing at a short 5’ 1”, Nyx is still waiting (hoping) for a last growth spurt to kick in; it’s difficult to be taken seriously with short stature and a wiry build. But what she lacks in appearance, she makes up for with nerve, shown in the numerous scars. One particularly nasty scar stretches from the base of her right ear to her collar bone, drawing wandering eyes to the pale line of healed skin. Nyx has bright, hazel green eyes that match her mother’s and her father’s strong jaw-line. She would normally be able to say she shared her father’s hair color as well, but she has taken to dyeing her hair the past couple years to a platinum silver. Only the few short inches closest to her scalp retain her natural color, creating a fading ombre effect through her hair length. To combat the heat, she usually wears a good portion of her heavy hair up in a high ponytail. A thin headband woven from leather holds the majority of her hair out of her eyes. The excess of the headband is tied with a clasp at her left temple, where her treasured key stone gleams, and at either end of the dangling strings are feathers from a Togekiss.
Achievements: Defeated the Kalos elite Four and claimed a temporary reign as Champion before she opted for exploration over the stationary position. Over the next few years in Alola, she found a new passion for intricate battle strategies and began to earn her a reputation there as well.
Personality: Nyx has always had an insatiable thirst for knowledge, a focus primarily set on the pokemon inhabitants of the world. While she has no great issues with people, Nyx holds a cynical view of humanity as a whole, believing most of them to be too lazy and self-serving to achieve anything of value. It is for this reason that she pushes so vehemently to achieve her own aspirations, determined to prove her own self-worth. Perhaps because of this, Nyx radiates an aura of self-confidence and independence. There is no challenge Nyx will accept as unachievable with enough strength of will, but there might be tasks she deems unequal to the effort needed to achieve it.
All of this talent and confidence comes at the cost of perception though. Nyx often comes off as arrogant, judgemental and overly analytical. And while she might have full confidence in her areas of study, the intricacies of social contracts often allude her. She has managed to tackle the other aspects of her life as though moving through a chess board, constantly shifting goals and tasks with careful consideration and long-term strategy; but humans aren’t so easily manipulated. People tend to be overly emotional and unpredictable, and their white lies and small talk downright frustrating.
Clothing: She wears dark blue denim jean shorts with a leather belt, waist bag and thigh strap (resembles a thigh holster) that is fixed to her right side. On her left side, a long, tan colored cloth hangs down the length of her leg. Her top consists of layered tank tops; the under tank of which is blue-ish gray in color with an attached hood, while the tank worn over top is white with a couple small Togepi-style triangles on the back.
Pokémon:
Midna (Mawile), Lv. 100
Ability: Intimidate; Item: Mawilite
- Baton Pass
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
Ganon (Scolipede), Lv. 100
Ability: Speed Boost ; Item: Mental Herb
- Iron Defense
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
Zelda (Espeon), Lv. 100
Ability: Magic Bounce; Item: Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass
Saria (Eevee), Lv. 100
Ability: Anticipation; Item: Eevium Z
- Last Resort
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Sing
Mipha (Vaporeon {Shiny}), Lv. 100
Ability: Water Absorb ; Item: Leftovers
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
Dangoro (Pangoro), Lv. 100
Ability: Scrappy; Item: Life Orb
- Power Trip
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Updated: Nevermind, revamped to a more 'casual' version of the team, as the original would have been OP for this setting

Last edited:
I am going to give Krookodile Knock Off instead of Foul Play and It appears that I forgot to mention the fact that my Zebstrika carries a Life Orb carried over. Whoops.

lol I suck at dealing with baton pass teams

We can either rp this battle or use Pokemon Showdown to determine the winner. I prefer the Showdown route

Whoa, I would have opted for a battle at any time during the past 6 hours had I seen this.... I hate when PokeCharms decides you don't need notifications. And I far prefer the showdown option as well, less time consuming.

I am available now if you'd like. I can jump on showdown real quick; my name is BabsFox

EDIT: Well, I have to go for the night. I should be available tomorrow around 7pm EST

Last edited:
Are we holding off on the battle considering the potential escape in progress or should we go ahead and battle?

@Toramaru I'm ready whenever you are, if need be. My team is already prepped on Showdown

Sorry, I had a late night last night. You should go ahead and battle anyways, just in case we fail.
Also, if I break people out, but they still want to battle, then they can say that they were caught by guards and failed to escape.
And, my character is speaking to @The Kitsune in the last post. I didn’t think it was clear enough.

I'm deciding on whether Lloyd gets out and helps out or stays for his battle... or escapes, gets caught and put back. I feel like it'd be lazy if I pick option 1 but that's honestly where I'm leaning toward (slightly). Which is why I'd like other people's suggestions if they feel like giving them.