• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals More New Pokémon & Alola Forms

Not really liking the Alola forms. I feel like the Pokémon Company is getting a little too carried away with changing things about old Pokémon. Alola Marowak was a disappointment to me because I was hoping they'd make it mega with Ground/Ghost typing. Also Meowth didn't really need an Alolan form they could've just changed the typing to normal/dark or even just dark.

Also they make Ash-Greninja in the anime but haven't released it as Mega Greninja in the game which makes me mad because Greninja is really cool and deserves a mega. Okay I'm done now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so are we all in agreement, gen 7 is now the gimmick generation.

But you know what, the Aloha forms are a great concept. that once again can be traced all the way back to the orange islands in the anime, having tropical island colouration of pokémon (notably vileplume) taking the concept further only makes logical sense when you consider pokémon as a global phenomenon, and that small changes in physiology, in this case colour, could in fact have a profound change e.g. a white meowth is normal, a grey meowth is dark. See types analogous to breeds like with cats and suddenly it makes sense, any pokémon potentially can be another type, but they need the right environment to do so.

I hope that every single pokémon has an aloha form but I know I'm not going to be so lucky :p

There is a cucumber pokemon in that same corocoro issue too
namakobushi.jpg

okay lets see meowth and marowak have they aloha form so is possible the persian becomes a dark type like meowth and cubone a ghost/fire type like marowak:?
ps when the trailer of this news of pokemon sun and moon is realease becase im really want to know about it:8B:

I've written down my thoughts on each Pokemon and given them a score out of 10. Most of this batch was good and there were only a few that I didn't like. I've also included the new Pokemon and Alola forms leaked a few hours ago.
---
Yowashi
- Love it. The designs are awesome for both forms and I really like the idea behind them as well. Can't wait to see this one in-game. 6/10 - Win
Nuikoguma - Bewear is one of my favourite Alola Pokemon so far, so it is no surprise that I love this little guy as well. I mean, c'mon it's adorable. So far this batch of new mons has been great. 8/10 - Win
Sunaba - Strange idea for a Pokemon, but I really dig (pun intended) the design for this one. I love how they have made it look a bit like a ghost to fit in with it's Ghost typing. 7/10 - Win
Shirodesuna - No, just no. Unlike Sunaba, I do not like the design for Shirodesuna at all. I find it's face to be really weird looking for some reason, and there are a few other things that really bug me about the design but I I'm not sure exactly what they are. 2/10 - Fail
Pyukumuku - An adorable Sea Cucumber that spews out it's guts and fights with them? Sign me up! 6/10 - Win
Morelull - Damn Game Freak you're doing great with these Gen 7 Pokemon designs so far. I love this one as well, and I like the typing they have given it. 7/10 - Win
Alolan Marowak - I wanted to like this one, I really did guys, but something about it's design I can't stand. I think it's the fact that they have made it's body look so scrawny that it looks out of proportion with it's head. I also feel like this is another one of those 'SUPER EDGY!!' Pokemon, like Mega Charizard X. I do like the typing and the green-blue flames though. 3/10 - Fail. To much Edge.
Alolan Meowth - I like this one, even if it doesn't change to much in design from regular Meowth. I like the choice of grey colouring and the Dark typing as well. Oh, and it's smug expression as well, how could I forget that? I love smug Pokemon. 6/10 - Win
Alolan Raichu - Upon first glance I really didn't like it since I thought it just looked like a rounded Raichu, but after seeing it's typing and the surfing idea behind it I like it a lot more now. I don't really have anything else to say about Alolan Raichu other than I can't wait to see it in-game. 5/10 - Mixed (mostly a win though).

They're throwing caution to the wind with these new designs aren't they? I was iffy on Alola Pokemon when I first saw them, but you know what? They're growing on me and I do appreciate that Game Freak is changing it up (even though we're only seeing Alolan forms of Gen I pokes). Sure a lot of the Pokemon look hilarious, but it oddly works. As RLRL said, the Orange Island vibe continues.

I'm seriously looking forward to Sun and Moon now. The Pokemon certain look different, but I want to see if they switched up any more of the gameplay.

Team skull, I guess they would use cubone and marowak, or vulaby and evolved vulaby, cuz they have bones and skulls, so I mean, bones could also mean fossils idk, it's a theory, a GAME THEORY XD

dragonite was in the trailer he might get mega and he'd be a good flying type. Also maybe oricorio that new bird thinh that changes type. Or pickapeck's evolutions if it gets any

dragonite was in the trailer he might get mega and he'd be a good flying type. Also maybe oricorio that new bird thinh that changes type. Or pickapeck's evolutions if it gets any
Dragonite is a Dragon/Flying already, and I dont think there's gonna be any mega evolution in this game.

Holy crap, that Fire/ Ghost-type Marowak looks amazing, though I am curious about the typing. I mean, I can understand the Fire-type because it's supposed to be a fire dancer, but how does the Aloha Region allow Ghost-typing to come into it? Hopefully the Pokedex entry will shed some light on this.

Edit: WAIT! I just realized, the new Marowak is part Ghost-type right? What if THIS is what happens to a Cubones mother when she dies and can't find peace or refuses to move on? If that's the lore they're going with, then I am totally down for that.

Makes sense considering they hinted at this already during Pokemon Origins. ;). I didn't think they'd make these alolan forms, but they are looking great~

Alolan Raichu?PSYCHIC TYPE?!?!?

i expected fairy with that face :p

Why did some alolan pokemon are Ice type if Hawaii is a island and not some type of pole? :V it will be ingenious if they was Fire (heat) or Water (A island,in the ocean,huh,obvious) :/

Why did some alolan pokemon are Ice type if Hawaii is a island and not some type of pole? :V it will be ingenious if they was Fire (heat) or Water (A island,in the ocean,huh,obvious) :/

The peaks of many Hawaiin Islands are very cold and covered in snow. Weird to think about considering what we normally associate with Hawaii, I know, but there you go.

I have agreed with you as well but, maybe it's psychic because it can float on it's tail, so don't argue about this ok?