• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals A Batch Of New Mega Pokémon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Mega-Gallade-278x400.png
This month's edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has started to leak and this month brings with it the reveal of three brand new Mega Pokémon to be introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

The first Mega to be revealed this month is a Mega Gallade. Mega Gardevoir was introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, so it seems fitting that Wally would find himself with a Mega Gallade. Nothing about the Mega Evolution is currently known.​
Mega-Sharpedo-400x378.png

Next up we have a Mega Sharpedo which has the ability Strong Jaw when Sharpedo Mega Evolves. Apparently all of the Pokémon's stats are boosted when it Mega Evolves.​

Mega-Camerupt-400x373.png

Lastly we have a Mega Camerupt. When Mega Evolved the Pokémon gets a drop in its Speed stat but everything else has been increased. Its ability becomes Sheer Force.

CoroCoro has also revealed that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon will have new abilities. Primal Groudon gets the new ability Land of Endings which will activate Strong Sunlight, while Primal Kyogre has the ability Sea of Beginnings which activates Strong Rain. Groudon is also confirmed to know a new move known as Cliff's Blade.

The magazine is still leaking so more information may yet be revealed, so keep checking back!

I HAVE SUCH A MIGHTY NEED FOR MEGA GALLADE AAAAA I was hoping it would get one for the Hoenn remakes and I was right! Those cape wings aaaaaaaa Just imagine how badass the shiny is!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Probably worth pointing out that you can quite clearly see that Camerupt and Sharpedo are pictured here alongside Teams Magma and Aqua - so they're pretty definitely Maxie and Archie's mega evolutions.

I'd figure that since everyone else is getting a mega evolution, your opposite gendered rival will now as well. I guess it'd just be the opposite starter (and thus a bit boring), but it's definitely nice to see more and more mega evolutions coming up in normal play. I could definitely see the next Kalos game, or whatever follows, putting in some mega evos with some normal trainers as well.

I wonder if the Elite 4 (beyond Steven) will also have some megas...

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Wally! I've been waiting for him to show up, probably my favorite rival. ^u^ And all the new megas look great, especially Mega Gallade.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wally my bby ;; he looks so cute ahhh~ and I'm ridiculously happy to see that Gallade got a mega. ♥

Also, Mega Camerupt is so amazingly silly, I love it XD Sharpedo, what's up with your nose?

I am now super excited for the games XD

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Wally probably doesn't have a gardevoir anymore...
But still, MEGA GALLADE!!! Love the design.
As for Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camurupt, they were obvious from the beginning. My last shard of hope for a Mega Mightyena flew away.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Yay! Wally got Gallade just as I hoped! Better yet, Gallade got a Mega just as I hoped! ^_^ I'm also not surprised to see Mega Sharpedo or Mega Camerupt since that was already a foregone conclusion when Mega Rings were seen on Archie and Maxie. I really like Sharpedo's Mega (it's a saw shark now ♥) but I can't help but laugh at Camerupt's Mega. There isn't really anything wrong with it, it's just dat face XD

With two months to go until the games come out, I'm left wondering if we've seen all the Megas it has in store for us or if there are a few more that they're keeping hush hush until release like the did with XY.

Mega Sharpedo :love: now that's what a mega needs to look like.
Mega Gallade looks like it could become fighting/fairy by having two capes or wings? :angel:
Mega Camerupt Its a shame it gets slower, design wise; looks awesome:halo:

Now I hope they don't do what they did with X&Y with having the Pokémon in one game but not the mega stone. Because if they do that, am pretty sure OR is going to get Sharpedo mega stone & AS is going to get Camerupt mega stone. Its one thing to have a Pokémon in one game but not in the another, but its whole another thing having a mega stone in one game but not the other. >=O

oh god, has the world become perfect? THESE ARE THE BEST MEGA DESIGNS SINCE MEGA ALTARIA!!! mega camerupt is the only one that i have a problem with in this batch as he looks like a perverted llama or alpaca with olympus mons growing on its back. sharpedo looks amazing and he seems like the true bully of the sea. he looks ready to kill something now. gallade looks really awsome to but i find the wings a little bit unnecessary, but i still love his design. now ive gone back to my less worried state about OR/AS but im still nervous about other things.

Eeee!!! Mega Gallade! I saw it coming, but glad to finally get the announcement. And with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre getting new abilities, we probably have continuous rain returning to and staying exclusive to ubers.

They went a bit overboard on Sharpedo's design but he has a good ability and can abuse his non-mega evolved speed boost before changing to the mega to wreck people so ill excuse it.

The other two look pretty good, I like Camerupt's design.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's not atrocious, but they could've done so much better. I would've liked a fighting type version of Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate.

I kinda feel the same way. While I can definitely see its uses within a VGC setting, Inner Focus just doesn't have quite the same punch as certain other Mega Pokemon's abilities. ;x

And since I haven't commented yet... I have no qualms with any of these new Mega Pokemon. Mega Gallade's cape is a nifty touch and Mega Sharpedo feels like an appropriate upgrade (I'm neutral on it, just as I've always been with Sharpedo itself). I'm a tad biased towards Mega Camerupt, though. It's just so fluffy. I want one. ♥

For Mega Sharpedo, there can be an interesting play for the game. You can have a Speed Boost+stall method for the first few turns, then mega evolve in a later turn. Of course it's kind of a gamble, considering he can be knocked out in a single strike, but I think it would be a good play under the right circumstances.