• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

Ryker is purely the lovable idiot. He brings a bunch of superhero comics to read, instead of paying attention in a class where he learns to be a superhero.

Everyone else is just gonna come back to this RP with a bunch of sobbing characters because they have horrible childhoods/experiences

Kinda hard to have a happy childhood when you have uncontrollable powers that accidently hurt people so you lock yourself up and spend like a year being sad

yeah... we have horrible horrible backstories

Eh, of anything, Ryker's horrible backstory, molds his upbeat, lovable idiot trope. So sobby backgrounds aren't that bad. I don't know if Ryker's would be considered a sad, horrible backstory, cause he didn't really break down or anything. He kinda didn't really care.

Think it'd be funny if there were a superhero story with no tragedy. No dead loved ones, no horrible side effects, no destroyed social lives. Hero just has powers and kicks butt with them. Going home to a loving family, lots of friends and successful career.

Aquaman maybe? His life seems pretty chill after work. He rules a underwater kingdom.

Also, I'm gonna hit the hay. Peace out and other such phrases to imply that I am shouting down for the night.

Sky will be on tomorrow morning because he is in my time zone for like a week, which is when we will continue with Sky and Rio... although it is probably unlikely.
I got family coming over tomorrow.

So don't expect a lot of activity, and for the sake of plot again I'm just going to request ya'll stop posting for a little bit to avoid you just doing a punch of waffle posts and growing bored because the Plot Masters ain't online.

And also for backstory... I don't know who could take the cake but...

Rio had two moms, one died from cancer and the other became abusive. She ran away from home and was homeless for like 5 years before taking legal custody of her sister only for said sister to be murdered shortly afterwords. She has a high body count and went on a rage induced murder spree, spent 50 years regarded as a villain, shot and clawed and bitten and cut numerous times, outlived all her family, and also had to recently watch her students get dissolved/killed/murdered.

Rio got a tough life man.

Some of my OCs have interesting backstories. Like Catboy/The Black Cat for example. Watching your parents fall to their deaths from a sabotaged trapeze is not a fun experience.