• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

Me neither. One walks in on the other beating up a tree or something?
bit in bad taste considering the tree girl but yeah
*cough cough*

Stella doesn't practice hand to hand combat though, and I don't really see why Sky would lol.

Oh, I plan to put the test into motion starting today, so the students will travel in the evening to the test location, where they'll set up camp. The test will begin the next day.

I was thinking more terms of Sky decimating an earth spirit, sorta like my version of a dryad. But I guess I can leave that 'til after the exam.

You gonna be the one to kick off the text, or should I?

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
So... this is still open, right?

Name: Isa Grant ("Isa" is short for "Isabella," and Isa has always hated that name)
Year/Grade: Year Nine
Appearance: Isa is about average height - wise and has long, thick brown - black hair. Her eyes are light brown and she has an olive complexion. She usually wears a casual dress - skirt and black leggings, along with brown combat boots.
Personality: Isa is stubborn and often acts before she thinks. She also has a problem with controlling her anger, which often results in losing control of her power (see below). She hates following orders. Sometimes, she can get caught up in a fight and actually to real damage to someone, and this causes most people to avoid her.
Powers: Animal - transformation. She cannot turn into a different human, but she can shift to any animal she needs, but only if she can imagine the features of the creature in her mind perfectly. Her control issues often result in her turning into a bear or a tiger and roaring at the top of her lungs. She sometimes enjoys running around the zoo as a monkey and scaring people.
Bio: As a child, Isa had no control over her powers. She would lock herself in her room and get mad at herself. Isolation caused the sweet, harmless child to change to an angry, desolate teen. She was home - schooled because of her uncanny "gift."
Current Guardian: She lives with her father, Angus Grant, and her younger sister, Dan.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
So I've never actually done an RP before but this one looks cool. It's open for anyone to join right? is there anything I need to know if I want to join?

So I've never actually done an RP before but this one looks cool. It's open for anyone to join right? is there anything I need to know if I want to join?
We're a very slow moving RP (most of the time)

and yes, we're open for anyone to join.

You'll need to submit a Character Bios (the template is on the first page.)

The only things you'll need to know are;

1) Follow the Pokecharm rules. > http://pokecharms.com/threads/general-role-play-rules.123/
2) The students are currently preparing to take an exam.

I'll explain the exam to you in-depth after your character gets accepted.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Name: Liam Goodson
Year/Grade: 9
Appearance: bright green hair and blue eyes. About 5 ft tall. Wears jeans and a t-shirt most of the time. Caucasian. Hair comes down to about his shoulders. Is often mistaken for a girl due to his androgynous appearance.

Personality: Liam is a shy guy, but really kind and sweet if you get to know him. He is often self-conscious, and he doesn't feel like he belongs at the school because he believes his powers are sub-par and they have no offensive capabilities. He also hates being mistaken for a girl because of his non-muscular short build and long hair but he refuses to cut his hair for some reason

Powers: Has the ability to morph skin into a slimy substance. In this form, he is bright green throughout his entire body and can fit through any space no matter how small. He is also able to easily dodge attacks.

Bio: When he was about 7, he was riding with his parents when they got in a terrible car accident with a huge tanker carrying an unknown substance, His parents died, but the substance got all over Liam and allowed him to survive. He idolized his parents and the day they died, his mom had complimented the way his hair looked. He has worn it that way ever since.

Current Guardian: Lives with his older sister Mandy, who was a freshman in college when the accident happened. Cares greatly about her younger brother and is very overprotective. Age: 25

Last edited:
Cool! Is there anything I need to know before I jump in?
You're about to take a practical exam.

Each student got a bronze bell.

Teachers have silver bells

The headmaster has a golden bell.

Roaming monsters will have Iron bells.

Bronze bells are 1 point
Silver bells 5 points
Gold bells 100 points
Iron bells 1/3 a point

You need 3 points to pass, so that means 3 bronze bells or 1 silver or gold bell.

Only 3 iron bells allowed, and they'll make up 1 point together.

You'll be sent to a remote island for roughly a week, and food and shelter will be on you.

Starving or being too injured to continue will result in failure of the exam.

You're currently camping out on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

Think... That's about it??

jade421

Previously Sarah316
The tents were a good idea. Kudos to that.

I'd just clarify one more time that the exams won't be held on the main island. So you'll need to travel to the island the exams will be held on.

Let's just assume that Victoria moved over to the right island for my post to make sense XD