• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

Name: Zack Zakkory
Year/Grade: 9
Appearance: Zack is tall, 6 feet 3 inches to be exact, with messy brown hair and many of his other features being a mystery as he often wears things to or that block them. The most distinguished part of what he wears is often the white mask with a face (refer to profile picture for face) that appears to be made of wood, he appears to never take off the mask. He always is seen wearing black gloves and shoes switching between two outfits, one is a black hoodie with black jeans the other one is a black suit (tuxedo) with a red tie.

Personality: He appears to play with his personality, using it as a sort of game that freaks out the people around him, he does this by appearing to switch personalities, despite this people have noted that he only switches to certain personalities three to be exact. First he can sometimes be found quiet, ridiculing those that try to get him to talk or make friends with him, second is a much more playful but equally mean personality usually using sarcasm and humor to his advantage to again ridicule people, lastly is a crazy, madman type personality, wild and often seen breaking acceptable norms while spewing out nonsensical gibberish. (I made him this way to create the starting path for people to try and discover the "true Zack" if the idea of multiple personalities is something you'd rather not have than I have a backup personality).

Powers: Zack has three powers, first is Matter Manipulation this allows him to move matter in unnatural ways, such as granite being moved fluidly through tight spaces, however the more compact or complex a molecular structure is the more his effect on the object lessens, the distance also has a play in this, for example a block of *insert powerful material here* on the other side of the room would be harder to manipulate than some water nearby (I feel this power might be a bit OP so I'm willing to take suggestions). Second is Nocturnal this allows for him to go through nights without feeling the need to sleep (Again if this a bit too powerful or exploitable by itself I do have a drawback that I could edit in). Lastly is Extreme Athletics this power allows for him jump great distances and climb without hassle, this power does not affect jump height, meaning he can jump across a long ravine but he can't jump over a large wall as well, and he still is affected by regular obstacles when jumping and climbing, for example jumping across that ravine will be easier without some kind of forest goo trapping his leg, and climbing up a wall with no slope or places to grab onto won't be climbed too well if at all.

Bio: Zack was born in a faraway city to a super powered parents, they both died when Zack was 10, the cause was labeled unknown. Feeling as if he was at least partly responsible for the deaths he fled before he could be taken to an orphanage, he spent 1 year hitchhiking and finding other free rides until he finally found a home and job with a junk yard owner at 11, he would have stayed working there had he not gotten a letter, at 13, giving clues to who may have killed his parents, with this he asked the owner if he could go to study and become a super hero.
Current Guardian: Junk Yard Owner/Joe Runner

Also, if there's any sort of important information that should be known that was said at some point in the almost 50 pages of discussion or RP it would be nice to know it (assuming I'm supposed to). In addition or if there's nothing I should know from either than I would like to know what is going on right now, basically I just need some information to write up where/how my character appears. (I am planning to read some of the latest pages, but I seem to get confused with the current events so I usually end up asking anyways).

PIE

Hmmm, Matter manipulation is quite an exploitable power... though in a sense it's just a specific form of telekinesis. I've thought up a few nerfs for this one, and I'm gonna have to create a convo with you to explain all my reasoning.

The second one, welp, no issues, easily nerfed. He can go without sleep, but he'll accumulate fatigue.

As for the third one? Errrr. In my opinion, it'd be better for it to be completely removed. There's no need for it when you've got an ability like matter manipulation. You could easily just levitate a platform, or something if you need to travel.

Anyway, Accepted. We'll just have to work out some limiters.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Wait he has the same name as my character xD

Ok yea this is basically just telekenises. If it was REAL matter manipulation then you could essentially due anything to anything. This character is sort of like the opposite of my character, mostly affecting other things than himself. Oh and I agree with kyu on the last power

Wait he has the same name as my character xD

Ok yea this is basically just telekenises. If it was REAL matter manipulation then you could essentially due anything to anything. This character is sort of like the opposite of my character, mostly affecting other things than himself. Oh and I agree with kyu on the last power
I consider Telekinesis to be above matter manipulation since it's more comprehensive. Almost everything that matter manipulation can do can be replicated in some way with Telekinesis, just depends on how you think about it.

We are indeed still accepting.

The school has gone through 2 villain attacks, the most dangerous of which resulted in the deaths of quite a few students and the Headmistress going into a coma. Naturally, a large portion of parents no longers considered the school safe and choose to withdraw their children, leaving the school with a rather diminished population. As a result, classes have been merged across year groups. In addition, during these events, several students (OCs) have taking it upon themselves to combat the villains, however, they were seen as troublemakers and showoffs and are being ostracized by some of the other students.

To wrap it all up, we're currently going through 'normal school activities', so we'll be having regular classes. The current class is First Aid I-III, and we're doing introductions as an Ice-breaker.

Of course, you don't have to take a class in First Aid if you don't want to. There's a list of courses in the first post, so you can look over that. FI you wish to do First Aid then you can hop right in and introduce your character, otherwise you can roam the school and interact with other OC's who are also free. There are at least 2 OC's on the School's roof and an OC's in the Nurse's Office.

Though, that is assuming you wish to become a student. If you want to make a Teacher's OC then it would be another story. You aren't limited to 1 OC btw, just ensure that they all get 'screentime'.

Name: Mathew (Mat) Dwirker
Year/Grade: Sophomore
Appearance: Mat is tall, standing 6 ft 2 inches, and often has messy black hair. His eyes are a striking silver colour, and wears a pair of sunglasses to provide something to hide his eyes. He wears a long coat and white dress shirt, along with long black pants as well.
Personality: Mat is a calm and relaxed kid, oftenly carefree about most things that happen around him. He has that feeling of trust many people look for, and follows the motive 'no man left behind' Mat almost never takes off his sunglasses, because his eyes are very sensitive to light. (Didnt know where to put that)
Powers: Mat can transform himself into monsters of his own imagination, but only if well thought out. It's not like he can come up with a usable monster instantly, but can see a monster or animal and copy it's appearance. This works on humans as well as animals.
Bio: Mat lived in a small town where everybody knew everyone. Because of that, when Mat learned about his powers, mainly when the billy goats gruff was read in kindergarten he turned into the troll, his family was shut out and forced to move. They traveled around most places looking for a place to live, but never found anywhere that accepted him. Soon enough, at the age 12, Mat ran away to live alone.
Current Guardian: Himself.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
so... many... shapeshifters XD

Man, it's hard to come up with anything not too op and original for this rp. Zach might as well be Ben 10 but he can turn into a shadow

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Zach: I'm a person. I can control of my body.
Normal people: So you can like... talk and walk and stuff?
Zach: (I hope I haven't fully revealed my power)
Normal people: Do you even have a power? Show it to us or die.
Zach: *turns into fire and burns them all*
Normal people: That's what he meant. OHHHHHH

If you do it on the molecular level then yea, you can. It's just a matter of messing with the atoms within a substance.
In theory, sure. But the amount of focus needed would be far more than any human could even fathom, to manipulate each individual atom simultaneously.

In theory, sure. But the amount of focus needed would be far more than any human could even fathom, to manipulate each individual atom simultaneously.
Good thing this is fantasy~

Besides, who said anything about human~? I'm actually more surprised we don't have more non-humans. Though for sure a world of magic and super powers would come fully equipped with elves and aliens. I'm still waitig for both of them.

How about these guys?
Name: Kira Janka
Appearance: Kira is a medium sized girl with long black hair and black eyes. She wears a black and silver shirt and black pants. The back of her shift bands the Yin Yang symbol, and sometimes wears a jacket embroidered with the symbol as well.
Personality: Kira is normally calm and relaxed. She doesn't mind breaking rules and takes revenge seriously. Kira follows a sense of honor and trust for her twin brother.
Powers: Yin of darkness: Kira can control the power of Yin's darkness, and their power is boosted with Yang of light.
Bio: Kira was born with black eyes, twin to her brother. The two were born into a normal country family, where they learned about balance in the environment. They joined school, always together because their powers were well hidden when together. Once on a family trip, the two got separated. Without the other to balance the power, the two gained tremendous power but was unable to control it.
Current Guardian: A country family who let them go to the school.

Name: Randell (Ron) Janka
Appearance: Ron has silver eyes, with brown and blonde colored hair. He wears a light gray jacket over a white dress shirt. Ron also wears a pair of black jeans. Like his sister, Ron wears a symbol of Yin and Yang on his jacket.
Personality: Ron is a simple person, easy to understand. He does have a side that expresses the dark inside Yang, where he loses his calm and sometimes has a problem with anger. Ron stays relatively calm when with Kira.
Powers: Yang of light: Control of Yang's light. Power is boosted when joined with Yin of Darkness.
Bio: Same as Kira
Current Guardian: Same as Kira

I'm not going to lie, you've basically made a perfect replica of my two main characters. I love the idea though, so I'm all for more Yin-Yang users. I'd really love to see how other people use the Light-Dark aspect of Yin-Yang, so Accepted!

Edit:
Bio: Wyst belongs to a sparsely populated race who refer to themselves as The Dualities of Black and White, which is also the name of their hereditary power. Every member of this race is without exception born as a part of a pair of twins, with one twin containing talent in the aspect of White (light), and the other being talented in the Black (Shadow).

How about these guys?
Name: Kira Janka
Appearance: Kira is a medium sized girl with long black hair and black eyes. She wears a black and silver shirt and black pants. The back of her shift bands the Yin Yang symbol, and sometimes wears a jacket embroidered with the symbol as well.
Personality: Kira is normally calm and relaxed. She doesn't mind breaking rules and takes revenge seriously. Kira follows a sense of honor and trust for her twin brother.
Powers: Yin of darkness: Kira can control the power of Yin's darkness, and their power is boosted with Yang of light.
Bio: Kira was born with black eyes, twin to her brother. The two were born into a normal country family, where they learned about balance in the environment. They joined school, always together because their powers were well hidden when together. Once on a family trip, the two got separated. Without the other to balance the power, the two gained tremendous power but was unable to control it.
Current Guardian: A country family who let them go to the school.

Name: Randell (Ron) Janka
Appearance: Ron has silver eyes, with brown and blonde colored hair. He wears a light gray jacket over a white dress shirt. Ron also wears a pair of black jeans. Like his sister, Ron wears a symbol of Yin and Yang on his jacket.
Personality: Ron is a simple person, easy to understand. He does have a side that expresses the dark inside Yang, where he loses his calm and sometimes has a problem with anger. Ron stays relatively calm when with Kira.
Powers: Yang of light: Control of Yang's light. Power is boosted when joined with Yin of Darkness.
Bio: Same as Kira
Current Guardian: Same as Kira

One of my characters is named Ron! XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
My reason why I sort of felt like I had to make sort of op powers is basically Excalibur’s post XD no offense, melusine can probably beat half of our ocs because kyu is really good at figuring out weaknesses. Meanwhile... Zach is here like “yo these guys can like one shot me. Even the guy that basically has my name. Except for my last name.”

By the way, has everyone introduced their characters yet? or are we still waiting for some stragglers? If we're done then I'd start class, it'll be rather short since there isn't much to do as of yet.

My reason why I sort of felt like I had to make sort of op powers is basically Excalibur’s post XD no offense, melusine can probably beat half of our ocs because kyu is really good at figuring out weaknesses. Meanwhile... Zach is here like “yo these guys can like one shot me. Even the guy that basically has my name. Except for my last name.”

It really depends on how you use your characters. Melusine is meant to be a tricky battler, she's got a flexible body, her ability allows her to manipulate water -which is quite the flexible element, and she uses a whip -which is about as flexible as weapons go. Adding on her venom, then she's rather difficult to deal with in close range.

Though, that's only in close range. The first battle Melu went into she only won because Ryker over exhausted himself.

Edit:
Oh, btw. I don't think I'd mentioned it. But the Dualities of Light/Dark for Wystria and Amystella are a 'race', so I'm rather open to people choosing to create characters who are members of the race.

I mean, ive got that video game oc that I havent even touched yet. Not really sure what to do with him.

Note: Also a user of the duality of black and white. In worm/gravitational hole form. ;)

I'll be actually starting the class tomorrow afternoon, just giving everyone a heads-up. In addition, I'm also taking request for what exactly you want to learn in First Aid I-III otherwise I'll go with what I already have in mind.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Could There be a segment about medicines and drugs?Wait aren't medicines drugs? I would also like it if there were at least a supply of them in the classroom (doesn't need to be much of it, just a little since drugs. Otherwise, I don't really mind what happens.

(Incase you're wondering i'm planning to have Lucas steal some medicine for a little 'experiment' involving his powers. If you think that stealing medicine would make him get kicked out of the school or something like that, He can do it in the classroom if that is required)

Last edited:
Name: Corey falidis
Appearance: Tall, black hoodie, blue eyes, headphones, biker gloves, messy dirty blond hair, reeks of dirt (explained later)
Personality: feminist, edgy, but really a softie. Is actually really friendly, but depressed. (Also explained later)
Powers: The elemental embodiment. He can control the elements. He can't absorb the water in someone's body or anything, but, for example, he can control the water in a fountain.
Bio: When he was young, Corey's parents were killed. The day after, a n old friend of his parents, who were part of a secret evil-killing vigilante team. He was given the power of their leader, and has had the powers for the rest of his life.
Current Guardian: himself.
PIE
Name:Heather falidis
Appearance:similar to Corey's, but smells better.
Personality: feminist like her brother, fangirlish, depressed and friendly.
Powers: extreme hacking skills and energy manipulation. Can instantly hack something, or take electricity from a nearby power line. Born with powers.
Bio: exact same as Corey's, but didn't get powers from vigilante.

Last edited:
Well, me
Name: Corey falidis
Appearance: Tall, black hoodie, blue eyes, headphones, biker gloves, messy dirty blond hair, reeks of dirt (explained later)
Personality: feminist, edgy, but really a softie. Is actually really friendly, but depressed. (Also explained later)
Powers: The elemental embodiment. He can control the elements. He can't absorb the water in someone's body or anything, but, for example, he can control the water in a fountain.
Bio: When he was young, Corey's parents were killed. The day after, a n old friend of his parents, who were part of a secret evil-killing vigilante team. He was given the power of their leader, and has had the powers for the rest of his life.
Current Guardian: himself.
PIE
Name:Heather falidis
Appearance:similar to Corey's, but smells better.
Personality: feminist like her brother, fangirlish, depressed and friendly.
Powers: extreme hacking skills and energy manipulation. Can instantly hack something, or take electricity from a nearby power line. Born with powers.
Bio: exact same as Corey's, but didn't get powers from vigilante.

A bit... lacking in detail, and your powers are potentially very OP.

I don't mind the detail, but you might have to scale your powers or set some clearer boundaries. They're very strong abilities because they've got an extremely wide range of influence.

Accepted after you set some parameters for those powers.

Edit:

As long as you don't do anything WAY too over-the-top for a student, then you don't have to set parameters. We do have a lot of potentially OP powers, but so far they've been paced very nicely. If you do the same then we won't have a problem.

I guess that gives a better scope, but still pretty vague. Seeing as you've included every element in your abilities, I'm gonna need a limit with more detail than that. Like, perhaps something for all four of the elements. I kinda need detail in these things

Plus, you're apparently telling me that the leader of this vigilante killing group had multiple powers, which he can grant to other people, and both kids had exactly the same circumstances for gaining these powers. Again, more detail, about this group, this leader, all this stuff.