• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Coral High: A Pokemon School RP

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
(Signups here! https://pokecharms.com/threads/coral-high-applications-a-pokemon-school-rp-discussion.20236/)

Dawn and Dusk both arrived at the school, waving away to their parents.
"I can't wait to make new friends here! What about you, Dusk?" She asked her twin. Dusk shrugged and walked inside. Dawn sighed and quickly followed behind him.
"Hello, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked Dusk.
"I would like to know my dorm and who I'm sharing it with." He replied. "Sure! Okay, your roommate is... Mewni the Dunsparce and your dorm is 02." The Gothitelle said. "A Dunsparce? Great, a lame roommate." Dusk thought before he received his room key. He then explored around and quickly found his dorm. Meanwhile, with Dawn, she has found out that her roommate is named Daniel and is a Ditto, and her room is 01. She thanked the receptionist as she got her key, and skipped happily away to her dorm.

Last edited:
After collecting his dorm key, and saying bye to his parents, Mewni headed to his room, and opened the door. He was happy to see his roommate had already arrived. He said
"Ah! So you must be Dusk! I'm your roommate, Mewni. Nice to meet you!" He smiled.

Once Zack arrived at school, he sighed lightly as he looked at the building. "Well... time for me to hopefully make friends... or waste another year to earn qualifications for a job I may hate..." He said to himself before he walked inside and over to the Gothitelle at the counter. "Hello there, how can I help you?" The woman asked. "Sup, I'm here for my dorm and to find out who I'm sharing it with." Zack said as he looked around. "Ah, Zack... I think you're somewhere- ah, here we go. You're in room five with a female Vulpix by the name of Serenity." She said as she gave Zack his key.

"Alright, thanks." Zack said as he took his key and his bag before he started to walk down to said room, he span is key around his finger whilst he whistled a calming tune. "Who knows... maybe I'll get lucky and find my soulmate here... a guy can dream." He thought as he made it to his room and walked inside.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Nice to meet you too, I guess," Dusk said blandly. "So, any ideas about what we should do with the dorm? Maybe decorate or something?" He asked his new roommate. "We have all day anyway, we get a day off to "bond with our roommates"." Dusk added on, saying bonding with quotation marks.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Wow, this place is big.” Nia did a swift nod, and walked in the school. She walked up to the receptionist. “Hello, can I have my dorm key?” The receptionist nodded, and grabbed a key. “Yes, you have dorm 6, you are sharing it with a Froakie named Shade.” Nia quickly grabbed the key, and ran off. “Thank you!” Nia called out as she ran. Soon, she was in front of her dorm. Nia put the key in, and it opened with a quiet click. Nia’s antennas twitched with curiousity, and she smiled. The room was an average size, and it had two beds inside it, along with other stuff. Nia hopped onto her bed, and closed her eyes.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
After grabbing her room key, Serenity was then going to her room. She was partnered with this Mariel named Zack. She walked around for a little outside and then arrived at her dorm, which was room number five. She had walked into her dorm and then saw Zack over there.

She then sat on a chair in the room, reading a book, An Eevee and a Pikachu.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade hopped into the school building and jumped up to the desk, "Hello, my name is Shade. I'm here for my dorm number" The Gothitelle looked at a list before saying "ah Shade, dorm 6, you are sharing it with a Venipede called Nia". Shade thanked her and walked to his dorm to find Nia there, he entered and said "Hi, there my name is Shade" as he hopped onto his bed.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia sprang up, and fell off the bed when someone spoke. “Oops, um, hello Shade, I’m Nia.” Nia picked herself up, she didn’t want to embarrass herself. So she hopped back on the bed, and looked at Shade. Nia then saw her bag, and picked it up. Soon after digging through the small bag, she pulled out a Oran berry. Nia took a bite out of the berry, and sat down.

Daniel made his way towards the academy after he gave a slight nod and wave towards his guardian. The tiny turtle Pokémon made his way into the school. He approached the receptionist, as he stated, “K- key, f- for ro- room...”’

“Oh, you mean the dorm? Before I can give you the key, just need to ask who you are since I haven’t you around in the list before,” The receptionist replied.

“D- dan... iel, t- the c- changing o- one... uhh, trans... form I- I th- think,” Daniel answered while giving his best at his feigned cowardice.

“Oh, Daniel... I think you’re with Dawn, the Kirlia in room one. I hope you two will get along,” The receptionist said before she handed over the key to the little Pokémon.

“Also, I think you have to go a brief appointment with the nurse,” The receptionist added, before Daniel’s fear soon turned into a reality.

“W- wa- wa- wait... w- wha?” Daniel replied, before he turned towards the hallway.

“Oh hi, I guess he’s here already. Alright, come on over Daniel,” An Audino calmly said, as Daniel’s long, curly tail twitched.

“Umm... u- uh- uhh... w- we- we- well... u- umm,” Daniel babbled, as he discreetly gathered some energy in his body.

“Come on ya little turtle! It’s just going to take a minute, then you’ll be free to do what you want until homeroom time!” The Audino exclaimed, as she made a quicker pace towards the young turtle.

“A- alright... the gap under her looks big enough. Better hope this works!” Daniel thought, as he swept his right foot for a right moment. Suddenly, he withdrew into his shell and propelled himself past the Audino!

“H- hey! Stop that right now! I have to make sure you’re alright and not having anything that could w- well... yeah!” The Audino shouted, as it gave pursuit the fleeing turtle in the hallway!

“If you don’t comply, I’m gonna be forced to give you the shocker!” The Audino yelled, as Daniel focused most of the energy in his hands.

“Alright, I warned you! Don’t say I didn’t!” The Audino shouted, as she launched a powerful bolt of yellow electricity at Daniel!

The turtle immediately turned towards the Audino, as his body became surrounded by a white, glowing barrier of mystical light! The bolt suddenly changed directions, as it was now headed for the Audino!

“A- ahhhhh! Urf! EEEEEKKKK!” The Audino shrieked, as a loud thud followed soon after!

“Ack... I think I might have tried too hard at that. I better find my room and maybe keep my head down for a bit,” Daniel thought, as he headed straight for his dorm.

“M- maybe I- I sh- should have post... poned t- th- that,” The Audino faintly said to herself, as she struggled to move her body seconds later.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Sure, why not?" He said. "Ready to go when you are," Dusk said as he stood next to the door, throwing his luggage onto his bed.

Meanwhile, Dawn saw someone enter the dorm. "Hi there! I'm Dawn, nice to meet you!" She greeted him. "I thought my roommate is a Ditto... Oh, right, I forgot that Dittos can transform into different Pokemon! I wonder if it can turn into something like Wailord..." Dawn pondered on her bed.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia’s antennas perked up as she heard a faint noise, Hmm, probably nothing . . . She relaxed, and finished off the Oran berry. Nia sighed and reached for her bag, and got hold of it. She pulled out some paper, a few pencils, a sharpener, and coloring pencils. Nia placed them on her small nightstand that was next to her bed. Her antennas twitched with wonder, and Nia started to draw.

Daniel slammed the door shut upon entering the dorm, as he gave no regard to the Kirlia’s greeting. The little turtle thought, “Augh! What do I do... what do I do?! They’re gonna probably send security or something even worse!”

The little Pokémon placed down his bag near a nightstand and got onto his bed. He withdrew himself into his shell, as some tears could be seen on the head hole upon closer inspection.

Mewni smiled, and headed to the door, he opened it, and said
"Ready!" He walked out of the door, and began to explore the school a bit. First, he focused on finding out where all of the classrooms were. He smiled as he found each of them, and he used his tail to scribble some notes down on his notepad. He went back to exploring.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Okay...then? I'm not even going to ask..." Dawn thought before picking up a book, that was called "The Adventure of Pikachu and Friends."

With Dusk, he followed Mewni, until he found the final classroom. He then got distracted and found where other places are. For example, the cafeteria, the garden, the arena for battle class, even the city. "I should've asked for his Pokepod or Pokegear or whatever number..." Dusk said, running back inside. Finding Mewni, he asked, "We should probably exchange numbers..." Dusk panted.

Zack began to unpack his stuff into his room and turned his head to the Vulpix with a smile and a nod. "I'm guessing you're my roommate from now on huh. Sup." Zack said as he continued to unpack. Once he was done putting his stuff where he wanted to put it, he turned back to the Vulpix as he sat on his bed. "I'm guessing you already know my name as well thanks to the receptionist, but just in case, name's Zack. If I'm also being honest, you look different from the Vulpixes I've seen before." Zack said in the hopes of befriending his roommate.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Found a couple of things," Dusk said, copying and giving Mewni his number. "Did find the cafeteria. Want to go eat something?" He asked Mewni. "This Dunsparce isn't exactly lame, he's actually pretty cool." He thought before walking in. A few students were eating. "Maybe I should check up on Dawn later. Besides, we only have about a hour left until curfew." He thought before ordering a Soda Pop and a Gold and Olive Pokeblock.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Um.. hi!” Serenity replied, quite promptly after Zack said so. She also dropped her book to her chair after saying it.

“It’s only because I am Vulpix’s other form, the Alolan Form. It’s... complicated..” she then answered then.

“Oh right... the roommate, I guess I shouldn’t leave them hanging. I don’t think I wanna look like this though,” Daniel thought, as he retracted from his shell and went under the bed. He took a quiet, lengthy breath and focused on shifting the form of his body for a painstaking minute.

Once the process was complete, he crawled out from under the bed. He slowly approached the mirror and took a brief glance at his tiny, pale yellow, rodent-like body that was a mere ten inches tall. He noted the big, triangular ears that had a black tip, along with his short, midnight black tail vaguely shaped like a bolt.

He took another breath to somewhat restore his composure, as his cheeks quietly sparked to let off some electricity.

“S- sorry... I- I... umm... uhh... w- well...” Daniel said, as his tone was noticeably higher than usual.

“I don’t think I wanna go back with that nurse, she’s really mean! I’d rather deal with my classes already!” Daniel thought, as his cheeks sparked again for a split second.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Lulani fluttered to her dorm, the key tightly clutched in her feet, she placed down the key once she had reached the dorm, “Wait, how am I supposed to use this key again? Do I just pick it up in my beak or do I have to use my feet to pick it up? Oh well, I guess it doesn’t hurt to try...” she mumbled to herself as she stared at the key. Lulani pecked at the key several times before she picked it up correctly, she fluttered up slightly whilst she opened the door. Lulani fluttered into the room, “I think I should rest a bit before lessons start for the day, I used a lot of energy flying here from Alola after all,” she chirped out a yawn as she spoke, she flew down to the floor for a little nap shortly after.

Zack nodded at Serenity's response. "Wanna continue our talk while we get something to eat? I for one could use a little something before we have to sit through the lessons." The Mawile said as he got off the bed and grabbed his key, before he opened the door, he looked back at the Vulpix to see if she felt like joining him for something to eat. "By the way, I understand we just met, but you can trust me." Zack said with a smile.

Felix had said goodbye to his parents, gotten room number four and now had found his dorm and after finding it open, he walked in seeing his new roomate, Lulani the pikipek, napping. He gave a giggle, trying to be quiet, before putting his small bag next to his bed, re-closing the door and then jumping up to his bed.
Might as well take a nap since she is, he thought, curling up on his bed, not taking long to get to sleep.

Roy sat on the bed in the dorm he shared with a member who had not yet arrived. "Nice... to... meet... chu..." He looked to be reading something, and he was. It was a book titled: "English for Dummies" and fortunately, Roy didn't know what dummies meant.

He had decided to grab his dorm key, and head into his dorm first thing, he didn't think he would come much earlier than his dormmate. Regardless, he made an effort to improve on his English, knowing full well the chances on his dormmate couldn't understand him if he spoke in incomplete sentences and stutters. Recollecting his thoughts, he went back to reading to the best of his ability. "Nice, to, meet, chu..."

"Alright, your roommate is... Roy the Riolu and your dorm is number 3. Your roommate is already in there, it appears."
Asa nodded politely as she took her room key. "Thank you."
'A fighting type' she thought, 'probably a great battling opponent.'

She felt the excitement build up in here. Here she was, a student at Coral High, about to meet her roommate.
Snapping out of her thoughts as she reached her room, she decided to let her roommate know that she was coming in.
"Hello?" she called as she knocked on the door. "It's your roommate, Asa."

Roy heard the voice of someone on the other side of the door, before getting up, putting down his book temporarily. He walked over to do the door, and opened it, without second thought as to who may be behind the door. He didn't really understand what "roommate" meant, so he was unaware she would be his new roommate. He looked down and spotted an Azuril.

"Kon'nichiwa," he smiled before flinching, realising he had spoken in his natve language by mistake. "I mean... Hello?" He wasn't entirely sure if he had said the right word or not, but didn't want to find out either, already feeling a bit embarrassed by his choice in words. He moved out of the way for her to walk in. "W-welcome to dorm..."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Um... sure.. why not..” Serenity replied quite shyly as she proceeded to follow Zack around.
She was a little nervous however as they barely had met before. The ice and fairy type Pokémon had a small bad feeling, but she soon didn’t give a care.

Asa pulled her bag into the dorm, tied to the focus sash around her tail. Dragging it to the bed opposite Roy's, she turned to Roy and smiled. She observed the Pokemon in front of her. He'd stumbled on his words a bit, spoke a bit of what she assumed was his first language. Eh, that was fine, he seemed nice enough.
"Hi," she said, "my name's Asa. You're Roy, right?."

Roy watched her get situated with the dorm room, watching quietly until she turned his way. He understood "Hi", and that was about it. "Uhm, yes, I Roy. Hi... Asa?" He took short pauses between speaking, "nice... To meet... Asa?" He still spoke as if he was still cofused as to what he was saying. He didn't want to make a bad first impression, but it felt like he was already failing at it. He looked over nervously, extending his paw out towards her, "nice to meet... chu."

Roy felt a bit foolish, shaking her tail with her having a lack of hands. He zoned in on her tail, a bit memorized by it. He almost completely ignored her, before being asked the question of having being around their area. He flinched, unsure of what she had actually said. "I... Uh, speak Nihonjin... O-Or Japanese," he stuttered, hoping that was the question she had asked of him, twidling his paws.

~Rinko~

Lulani turned onto her back; “OW!” she chirped somewhat angrily as stood up, “Why do I always squish my wings when I decide to take a nap?” She stretched her wings a little, “Anyways, I think I’ll get some Malasadas, definitely bitter, or ʻawaʻawa in Alolan, flavoured ones” she said as she turned towards the door and noticed a Phanpy on one of the beds, Lulani pecked the bed lightly before asking the Phanpy: “Do you want some Malasadas or something?” her purple eyes were slightly wider than usual as she spoke.

Felix was awoken, opening his eyes, barely hearing the question, "Malasadas?" he asked right before feeling a rumble from his stomache, "Sure, I could go for something," he added. After a second he bounced down to the floor, before looking up to the bird pokemon, "So I guess we`re roomates now?" he asked.

~Rinko~

Lulani smiled, “Yeah, I guess so,” she said as she landed on the floor, “What flavour Malasada would like? I’m sure I can help you get it really quickly, there are bitter, dry, sweet, sour and spicy flavoured Malasadas,” she asked whilst walking towards the door, “Oh! I didn’t ask what’s your name?” Lulani chirped out somewhat excitedly.

Zack smiled at Serenity as she began to follow him and began to make his way over to the cafeteria. He wondered if what he did seemed a bit forward in trying to befriend the Alolan Vulpix, but if they were going to be roommates, then it was only fair they trusted each other to a great extent... at least that's what he thought. Once they arrived, Zack had a look at the Malasadas on the shelves. "Those look good, so which one are you gonna go for? I'm gonna help myself to a sweet Malasada." Zack said as he picked one up and went to go and pay for it.

"Hmm," Felix said looking away thinking for a few seconds, "I think I`ll get dry," he said looking back to the pokemon "Wait no, sweet" he added quickly changing his mind. "I`m Felix by the way." he said pointing to himself with his short trunk "You?" he asked, pointing it to the bird pokemon.

Asa nodded. "Ok, that explains your english. Wait no, not like that. I meant-nevermind. I'm gonna unpack my stuff now."
Asa pulled her bag open and began to pull items out. Spare focus sash, couple berries, yep, everything was here. She popped a couple of her berries into her mouth, and sat on the side of her bed.

It was then that she realised how hungry she was, it'd been a pretty long trip to Coral.
"Hey Roy," she said, mouthful of berries. "Do you wanna go get something to eat from the Cafeteria?"

Roy breathed a sigh of relief. While Asa unpacked, he took this time to go back though his book, trying to find out what "food" meant. He fortunately was able to find the translation, and now Roy was practically watering out of the mouth. Roy muttered, not instead of learning English, he was thinking of what he was going to eat later on. An Oran Berry? Maybe a Pecha Berry, or even a Rawst Berry. Roy groaned, shaking himself away from his food fantasies.

Roy turned to Asa when his named was called, and thankfully, he understood what she said then because he nodded his head rapidly, which probably wasn't good for his brain, but he was hungry. "Yes, Please," he smiled.

~Rinko~

“I’m Lulani, it’s nice to meet you Felix,” Lulani chirped, “Say, you want a Lemonade or something like that as well? I don’t know about you, but I could really do with something like that as well as a Malasada,” she tilted her head as she spoke, before fluttering just outside the door.