• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

cool Pokemon you didn't use

personally i've always been a fan of ditto. in the original series there is an episode called ditto's mysterious mansion. was my favorite episode as a kid.
IL037_9.jpg

in game however i never really used him because he is limited to the move transform which can only be used 10-16 times.

do you have any favorite Pokemon you never bothered to use?

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Umbreon, my favourite Eeveelution, I've not actually used in a Pokemon game though I really want to, I don't know why I've pushed it aside in favour of Sylveon/Jolteon, other than possibly because the later two are of my favourite types, but its still my favourite because it looks cool and would make a great nightlight~

A Pokemon that I've loved but never used is... Well, I can't really decide, I just like a lot of Pokemon I like. Here's a list of some of the Pokemon I love but never have used: Hypno, Espeon, Gardevior, Meowstic, Ambipom, Heliolisk, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Emolga, Cacturne, Lickylicky, Tangrowth, Froslass, Leavanny, Mimikyu, Chincino, Garbodor, Weezing, Ampharos, Furret, Noctowl, Unfeazant, Quagsire, Absol, Weavile, Domphan, Lanturn, Alomamola, Ferrothorn, Emboar, Sawsbuck, Garchomp, Milotic, Goodra, Purugly, Alolan Persian, Lycanroc (Midnight Form), Sylveon, Flareon, Beedrill, Fearow, Lapres, Chatot, Luminion, Dusknoir, Gliscor, Farfetch'd ( Pre Gen 8 ), Maractus, Roserade, Clawitzer, Mandibuzz, Stoutland, Alolan Raichu, & Simisage. Also, this goes for their pre-evolutions aswell. I just realized how many Pokemon I put in that list dear lord.

Scyther & Arcanine. I've built a Scyther for competitive use though I've never actually used it. I've always favored Arcanine over Ninetales for aesthetic reasons, but never really got around to using one. Dunno why. I have a Ninetales on my competitive singles team though. :blush:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I train basically everything that I even remotely like - except most legendaries. I've never raised a Giratina in-game, for example, but I absolutely love the thing. The only legendaries I tend to raise are the lesser ones, like Latios, Suicune, Victini/Mew/Shaymin, etc. But beyond Mewtwo and maybe Lugia (can't clearly remember), I've trained very few of the uber legendaries competitively or otherwise.

Hmmm i think this is Cofagrigus in all 5 gen. I never play with him because i rare see him in wild area and i rare play with ghost type pokemon this is my sin(

I have never used a Lumineon on my team in a Pokemon game yet. I personally do not mind Lumineon's design and complexion, as it is fairly pertinent for a water-type Pokemon. Lumineon's cry sounds mystifying as well. However, I can understand that Lumineon is not particularly known for being a strong Pokemon, and could be classified as one of those forgettable Pokemon from Generation IV.

Up until a recent playthrough of Platinum, I'd never used a Flareon or a Garchomp before. The former being my favorite Eeveelution, but I tend to struggle to fit one onto my newer teams. (I used a Sylveon in X, and didn't want two Eeveelutions for the sake of diversity; I chose the Fire-type starters in Y, Sun, and Sword, so that element was already filled in). And Garchomp, I usually end up passing over for every post-Sinnoh region's native Dragon-types instead.
Speaking of which, I love Haxorus, but have never trained one either -- something I'll probably fix in my Sword journey.

In every Pokemon Game I tend to do one or more of the challenges, so I tend to have a lot of exposure to strange Pokemon that a lot of other people would never dream of using. For example, in Pokemon Sword and Shield I decided to torture myself with the Female Nuzlocke B-Button League Combination Challenge - I could capture only the first female Pokemon I encountered in each zone, and when a Pokemon died than the Pokemon was dead for good. You could only heal a Pokemon between battles, never during the battle. The B-Button addition meant I could only use first form Pokemon, and this was by far the most brutal - to beat final champion I had to go in with all Level 80-90s...

From this I have found Fairy Types have a unique near and dear role in my heart, as do Water Types such as Maril and otherwise. ... If I had to choose one Pokemon that I have never used competitively but should have, this would be Ditto.... I have been told it is quite useful but most games by time you find one, you have already decided on your team for the game... maybe I should MAX one in Pokemon Go and try it out?