• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Conversations: Are they broken?

I have sent off messages twice recently using the conversations option. Both the recipients ( @Teapot [sent May 8th] and @Psycho Monkey [sent May 24th]) have been seen on the Forums earlier today, but both have not replied. Is the conversation option broken?
Any help?

Thanks!
-Wild Jr

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
What was the subject line of the PC you sent me? I've sent literally dozens of conversation messages this month already.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Not sure if related, but it's a conversation thing too I guess. Anyways, I tried sending a message to @NyanCatJinx but I keep getting this error:

e6dtmq.png

I know that I am on her following list, but when I go to the information tab on her profile I can't find a "start conversation" button either. I can't find a privacy setting which would do this, so I'm assuming it's a glitch somewhere? Happens on every browser I have on this computer (IE, Chrome, FireFox) so I don't think that's the problem.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if related, but it's a conversation thing too I guess. Anyways, I tried sending a message to @NyanCatJinx but I keep getting this error:

e6dtmq.png

I know that I am on her following list, but when I go to the information tab on her profile I can't find a "start conversation" button either. I can't find a privacy setting which would do this, so I'm assuming it's a glitch somewhere? Happens on every browser I have on this computer (IE, Chrome, FireFox) so I don't think that's the problem.
There is a "Start Conversations With You" option in the Privacy settings. Maybe she has that turned off?

What was the subject line of the PC you sent me? I've sent literally dozens of conversation messages this month already.

It's named "General Questions and Stuff", although the latest message I sent was unrelated to the subject (I was re-using an old convo rather than starting a new one)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's named "General Questions and Stuff", although the latest message I sent was unrelated to the subject (I was re-using an old convo rather than starting a new one)
Yeah, it was sent on the 7th so I got a bit confused. I just never managed to reply to that one.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, conversations are confirmed working, I've sent a couple in the last 24 hours already and it looks like your PCs got through.

Given that the reported issue is not a technical problem, I'm going to ask that if there are any issues with conversations to report, please post a new thread with them. :)