• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Contest Spectacular, A Dazzling Competition!

Chris knew what was like to be uncomfortable in social events, he made Flora go back to her pokeball. The male Meowstic just stared at her for a moment before walking to his trainer backpack and sat down next to it. The darker trainer gave her a goodbye wave before following his Pokemon.

Nara nodded in thanks. Her grip on her pokeball laxed some, but that other boy trainer was still here. "I wish I could just be here, alone with my pokemon, listening to music." She thought.
Blaze was disappointed. Why did the Maractus have to leave? She trotted back to her trainer and put her head on her lap, asking to be petted. For comfort.

"Nara are you excited for the battling part? I know Chomp is going to destroy all my opponents!" Tree Jr. came out of her pokeball and with Oinky, they started joining in with the music. "I guess my pokemon like what your playing!"

(2 people left and the competition will start!)

"Goodbye Allie! Good luck!" The boy said. He turned to Nara, "Hello!"

The Luxray chuckled a bit, and gently placed his paw back on the Shinx.

Nara nodded at both of them. She was clearly very uncomfortable. Her grip on her pokeball tightened. Her pokemon could feel how she felt. He wanted to escape, he wanted to help her, he wanted to teach these two a lesson.
Sparky got a huge smile on his face, then started to run around the Luxray. Then he tripped and fell.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Gardevoir, do you mind taking care of this for me?" Allie requested, seeing that Nara was uncomfortable. For one thing, she could relate to Nara. Her bigger concern was that Nara was holding a Pokeball, and seemed ready to release the Pokemon inside to defend her.
"Certainly," Gardevoir telepathized to Allie. Turning her telepathy to the two boys, she stated "I believe it is in your best interest to leave Nara alone. This is Gardevoir by the way, and I am using telepathy. No need to ask."
Allie smiled. Her Gardevoir's Telepathy ability certainly came in handy sometimes.

The boy nodded, and started to rub his head on the Mincinno. He couldn't wait for the contest to start. "I can't wait to see all of you preform." He said to all of the trainers, nobody in particular.

"HOW WHO WHAT!? oh it was gardevoir... well I guess I should leave her alone. Thanks for the tip gardevoir!" Max and Oinky felt an urge that they were battling Jekis in the tournament. "Hey Oinky want a brush?" The small pig nodded its head with excitement and it felt a comforting feeling a few seconds later.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Gardevoir nodded in reply, smiling. Allie began preparing her Pokemon again, with accessories, Poke Ball seals, et cetera.
Even Roserade had no intention of pranking Nara, she knew her boundaries.

Nara brushed Blaze more. Rio was so close to escaping his pokeball. She could barely control him unless he was onstage. "Blaze, we have to be careful, Rio is our little secret." Nara said with a smile. She didn't like to dress up her pokemon for the stage. She wanted the healthy look of her pokemon to really show, not some pink ribbon. However, seals were a different story. She specifically chose each seal for each pokemon for their looks. She gave Sparky a heart one, and Blaze got one with fire.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie sorted through her seals, selecting one for each of her pokemon.
"Eevee, you get multicolored sparkles," she said, while equipping the seal.
"Gardevoir, how about blue hearts?" Gardevoir nodded, and Allie equipped the seal.
She tilted her head as she looked at Absol and Roserade. She equipped silver crescent moons on Absol's ball, and red flowers on Roserade's.

(this may sound bizazzare but) "Oinky, want a new hairstyle?" Oinky put on the weirdest face you'll ever see from a tepig, then her just walked away. "I guess that's a no then."

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
I noticed this seemed a little... quiet and it needed like, 2 more people... so.. Maybe I'll join? )
Name: Kana Maso
Personality: Shy, yet likes to stay around large groups.
Appearance: White, Pretty pale skin, He wears a casual outfit of a black shirt, and gray pants. with smallish Gray jacket. He also wears sunglasses alot of the time, but when he takes them off, He usually covers it with his hat ( Hat is a Black Bucket Hat- ).
Team: Cherrim / Sunshine Form \ ( Blossom ) Frosslass ( Bliz ) Togekiss ( Jewel ) And Oricorio / Depends on theme but definetly wont be last \ ( Arib )
Start to role play:

This is Kana's second contest spectacular. He only knew that he was probably very late for signups.. He just finished showing the receptionist his contest pass and is now sitting down on a couch. Kana pulled out a Sprayer, and a comb from his bag and started to groom his Togekiss's big fur. She seemed to enjoy it.

"You always loved this manacure, huh? I'm glad you atleast like me grooming you." His Togekiss giggled, being happy about the compliment? ( EHHHH? ) " I wonder, will Frosslass let me comb her even when she's a little stubborn? "

Last edited:
Name: Tyler
Personality: Tyler is shy at first but when he is around friends he can be a bit crazy and a little hyper. Though he will always be there for a friend.
Appearance: Tyler is pale, has natural purple eyes, and long white blond hair with a purple ombre. He tends to wear a light pink sweater that covers his hands and goes almost to his knees, black ripped skinny jeans, and tan combat boots.
Team:
Sylveon (female)
Glaceon (male)
Milotic (female)
Snivy (female)
Togepi (female, does not compete just a gift from a friend.)
Start to role play:
Tyler walked into the conest hall. He just got his pass checked. This would be his second time entering into a contest. He did not do so well in the first one hopefully this one would be very different. He can't beleve that he made it on time. He would have been earlier but he had to take Togepi for her check up at the pokemon center. He wanted to make sure he raised her right.

Tyler looked down to the sleeping pokemon in his arms and smiled. She had just hatched a few weeks ago. He remembered how he spent weeks with her egg and how she smiled when she looked up and saw him and he bacame her mother.

Tyler looked to his left side and saw his Glaceon. "You ready for this?" With that they walked over to the receptionist and registered for the contest.

After that he took his time sitting down and played with Togepi held her arms and moved them around. She just giggled and closed her eyes. He loved her laugh. It made all of his nervous energy disappear.

Last edited:

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana quietly walked over to the group of people getting ready, deciding to also set up his Cherrim and Oricoro, As they seemed the most stylish. Arib was being put into a Pa'u style, with the pokeball seal being a Foamy seal, ( Pink Bubbles~! ) And Blossom kept in overcast form, The seal being purple flowers. Kana hid some flowers inside Cherrims coat, as well as large flowers put on Cherrim, matching the pink blossoms. For Arib, he added some extra flowercrowns, And a longer skirt, looking like a dress.

He decided to keep quiet around the working people, not wanting to interrupt them.

( I really hope this gets more active! )

Nara was done caring for her pokemon. Blaze was well groomed; Sparky's fur was a bit messy, but that sealed his look; Sunny couldn't be brushed or groomed or her fur would get damaged; Rio was her secret weapon if everything else fails, grooming him was not an option. Unlike her compation, she didn't dress up her Pokemon, but made sure they had the best care available. She hand made their food from the berries that they needed, each one getting its own food. Blaze looked at her trainer and nuzzled her. They were ready.

Tyler loved his pokemon they were all well cared for. Togepi was his newest pokemon to his team. Glaceon was his first pokemon. His father was an amazing trainer. He brought Tyler to the professor's lab to pick his first pokemon. Eevee was waiting for someone to come and play with. Tyler fell in love with him the minute he layed eyes on the brown fox. That was over 5 years ago. They have been best friends ever since that day.

Glaceon sat in the seat beside Tyler. He sat with his head held high. He wanted everyone to know how well he groomed he was. His trainer spent a lot of time with him that morning to make sure he looked his best.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
He stared at the Male and female caring for their pokemon, Staring at the glaceon as it seemed to be a good choice. Kana then stared at the Shinx, A cute pokemon indeed. He wondered what tricks could be up for those 2 specific pokemon. He stared at the Ninetails, lightly shaking by how strong and beautiful the pokemon was. He stared at Tyler again, wondering if he would also be using Togepi. He still kept quiet, not wanting to somehow be rude.

Kent smiled. "Any minute now we will be able to go!" He was pretty excited. He returned all of his pokemon besides his Luxray. "Spike, you ready?"

Spike nodded in agreement. He was ready to be paired up!

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
He decided to keep Arib for this round., as he wanted to start slow and then strong at the end. He stood up proud, put blossom in her ball, and looked at his competition. He was really scared about a Luxray and a Gardevior possibly overshadowing his small trick. So, he prepared a plan.

Name: Heart
Personality: Shy and not very confident
Appearance: Pale skin, brown hair and eyes, hair has pink highlight, yellow tank-top, pink skirt, white sandal shoes, hair piece, necklace and belt with Stars on them.
Team: Dartix(Doctor Who; on verge of evolution(aka LV.35)), Slyveon(Ribbon; 25), Lilligant (Idris; 32), Alolan Vulpix (Flake; 22)
Start to role play: Heart wasn't really one for battling. She preferred things that were calmer. So she decided to enter the contest.

( @Heart Star Please make your rp starter more precise.)

"Here's the plan. Spike, you're first, then all my other teams. We need to settle a plan with my soon to be teammates. Whatever you do, just remember not to go crazy, like the last time." He chuckled. His luxray jumped up beside him, and pushing against his side to show affection. Kind of like him saying he means no harm...

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie looked at her Pokemon, pondering. She glanced between them, mumbling something to herself.
"I'm thinking.... our Colored Skies routine. That okay with you guys?" Allie asked, primarily looking at Eevee and Gardevoir.
The Pokemon nodded, and Eevee and Gardevoir stepped forward. Allie began equipping them with accessories, fitting the theme of their routine. She replaced Gardevoir's seal with one identical to Eevee's, and gave them both white bows. Eevee placed hers by her left ear, while Gardevoir placed hers in her hair.

Togepi crawled over to the seat with Glaceon and laid down beside him. She fell right back to sleep. Tyler desided to make sure his Snivy was ready to perform. He took her pokeball and let her out. A light appeared and Snivy appeared.

She looked like she was ready for anything. Tyler thought it might be nice to brush her down a bit before the show. Snivy climbed into his lap and Tyler started to brush her.

* i'd really like to join! *

name: Rita Belrose
personality: Bubbly and sweet, though its a bit hard for her to open up.
appearance: golden brown skin, deep purple eyes, very curly and long umber hair. pale, chunky olive green knit sweater. black shredded skinny jeans and brown pumps. a small, checker print backpack covered in patches and pins.
team: Tsareena - Lychee | Lurantis - Sweetpea | Lopunny - Dua | Miractus - Nectarine | Lilligant - Rosemallow
Start to role play:

Rita's very first contest, a change of pace from her family's flower buisness. She was so excited to be in this contest with her favorite pokemon. She was preparing for this ever since she was little, and was so happy when her mother said she could go! She and her pokemon sat near everyone else, a small cloth of pokemon snacks being handed out to her team. They all had a special bracelet with them which matched one on Rita's wrist and ankle.

Last edited:
Name: Rupert Green
Personality: Brave and confident
Appearence: Brown skin, grey eyes, short and curly black hair, yellow and white T-shirt, blue trousers, black cap and gloves, white bag
Team: Rockruff (Rocky), Glameow (Blond), Raichu (Jules)
Start to RP:

Rupert saw a girl from around 14 years, Rita, he sat down near her. "Hi, is this your first contest? Because I only did one contest in my life, last year. By the way, I'm Rupert, and this is Rocky" Said Rupert looking at his Rockruff. He wanted to meet new friends, so he met whoever he can met.

Last edited:
"Oh, hi! It is my first contest. So excited for it. I'm Rita, this is Dua." Her Lopunny showed interest, along with her Tsareena. They seemed to be happy at the moment, though Nectarine and Sweetpea were playing with each other, not paying much attention. "How was your first contest? You win?" Rita pulled a piece of hair from her face, reaching for a brush for Dua. Her pokemon were very well trained, the 5 of them having a sisterhood with each other.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie glanced over, she noticed a pair of people discussing contests. She walked over, with her Pokemon following.
"Hello! My name is Allie. This is my first contest too, but I've been practicing for months on end!" She smiled.
Gardevoir simply teleported over, doing a slight curtsy. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance," she stated telepathically.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana stared over, looking at the duo of trainers and their pokemon. He let out his Cherrim, who was currently in the overcast. Blossom and Arib snuggled next to him and slowly walked over.
" H-Hey! " Kana said, looking at the ground. He was very scared of other people.

Tyler sat and enjoyed rhe hustle of the room. Everyone was enjoying being with their pokemon and getting to know their competitors. With Snivy done with her grooming he decided to return her to her ball.

Glaceon made sure to take care of togepi while her trainer was making sure her team was well groomed. Tyler was glad that he had this time to prepare his pokemon and make sure they are in tip top shape.

"Lychee, Dua, lets practice a bit more! Don't think it would hurt one bit!" Rita waved to her fellow trainers, a faint smile painted on her face as she hyped up her pokemon. "Chee, just like I taught you. It's an elegant dance, I think you will do wonderful! Use Aromist and Charm! Dua, use Baton Pass and Baby-doll Eyes!" Her pokemon were stunning, each having a style completely unique to them. Lopunny's ears were styled as if she were a mega, using bows for the effect. Being a shiny, it matched her whole team. Tsareena's leaves were up in a bun, surprisingly even more elegant.

Nara watched the trainer who started to practice in front of everyone. Who did that? She shook her head and continued to watch. She didn't think it was rude for she was doing in front of everyone if she didn't want to be seen, then she should have not done it now.

"No I didn't win, by the way, I need to practice with you, Jules."
Jules and Rupert start to practice:"Jules use Thunder and then use Swift!" Rupert said. The Swift interrupted the Thunder creating a lightings stars. "Okay, so now use Volt Tackle, electrify thats stars" Jules did it, and it was precious for Rupert, like a shooting star. "Well Jules, that's okay, but I need a phrase for you to enter the secene, I don't know, like 'Shine like a star do, Jules' You know? Something that rhymes.Oh, Rocky, stop, I okly need to see what can Jules do."

Last edited:
Rupert went to see what Rita was doing, he thought it was beautiful, like a Beautifly. Rocky though the same and Jules... Jules was jealous about that, he wanted to do something like that, because for he, it was precious.

Her pokemon were dancing in a synchronized circle, the gorgeous sparkle in the sky above them. Tsareena and Lopunny were twirling about in a ballerina-like fashion. She seemed so happy to see everything going smoothly, except her Maractus, who was messing around with her bag. Throwing almost a tantrum, Rita quickly retreated to her pokemon, sending her back into a ball, swapping out with a Lilligant. "Rosemallow, you think you can swap for Nectarine..?" The Lilligant nodded, hugging Rita's legs as they watched on her team. There would be music to their preformances, but it was pretty even without. Rita's face shifted to Rupert, her smile reappearing. She gave a small wave.

Rupert returned the wave. Rupert had the idea of get Blond out of the Poké Ball. Blond liked that trainer, Rita, he loved the Rita's stile. "So, Blond, we need to train, right?" Blond didn't answer, he was specting Rita. "Blond? Ehm... Rita! I think Blond want to be in your team!" Rupert said "What do you think?"