• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Contest Pokemon

Well here I was thinking I had done almost everything in the in game of pokemon the thought came to me, why not try contests!

I have done only a few contests before so do you guys have any good pokemon and movesets I could go and get myself for my new contest aspirations. Also please only say pokemon that aren' t almost impossible to get because its not like I can get an evet pokemon easilly living in australia.

Thanks yall I look forward to seeing what you guys use in your contests. ;)

Any pokemon can preform well in contests its all about the move/combo selection and the feeding. Oh and timing of your moves during the contest. I think overall it would be best if you pick a contest to compete in and a pokemon to enter with so we can help with the contest moves.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I usually tend to spam Quick Attack (makes you go first next round) and something like Thunderbolt (gets more points if you went first in the round,) to win Cool Contests...and then I get bored and go do something better with my time.

I've not had any real success in Contests when I've used anything that isn't that combination unfortunately - I'm a battler, not a...coordinator, or whatever. My true advice would be to do something better with your time, because if you end up finding Contests as boring as I did....don't say I didn't warn you.

Personally, for cool contests, I tend to use Pikachu. I agree with the post before me, Quick Attack + Thunderbolt always work well, and it's good to have back-up moves just in case.

For cute contests, (I dunno why,) but normally it's a Jigglypuff or something along those lines, for me. Sometimes I just use random moves that have high scores.

Beauty contests, always a water or an ice type. For me, Vaporeon or Spheal. Moves like Waterfall and Surf normally work well.

Tough contests, I don't normally do well in. I know you asked for reasonably easily-obtainable PokeMon, but the best I've done in a tough contest is with a Regirock. Lol.

I have the hardest time with Smart contests, I have to say. I think the best I've got is with a Bronzor? :D I fail at contests.