• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Comics of Firefox, Raaa!

Ah...blue hair...*stares off into space*

I really like it. I love the water. It look soooo cool. Plus, his jacket keeps it from looking like a Satoshi/Ash rip-off. X3

Meh...not sure what else to say...I'm kinda out of helpful comments...-_-;;

Alright, since zee comic can't move forward without a name for the main character, here are the choices I've narrowed it down to.

1.Sora (not a KH rip-off. it means 'sky' in Japanese, or something. :p)
2.Yuri
3.Jun (pronounced more with a long 'u' sound)
4.Satoru

What does everybody think? I can't decide! :-X

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to say 3 or 4, but I like 4 better. Although... is it too close to Satoshi? =O

Derr. Even if it is, I still like the name and think it'd suit him ^^

In Japanese, "sora" does in fact mean "sky." ^_^ And it's been used more than just in Kingdom Hearts as a main character's name, I can assure you that. Isn't Jun the name of the DP rival? And Yuri just reminds me of girls (NOT because of yuri manga/anime...but because I KNOW PEOPLE NAMED THAT! >_< )

I'd go for Satoru. Weren't you going to make him a sort of "poke-fun-at-Ash/Satoshi" kinda thing, anyway? "Asch Maeseter?" Satoru would be good. You could have people get all perky and be all, "SATOSHI?" And him be like, "um, no...Satoru..."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... In case you haven't noticed, she's doing covers for just that - her own manga. In fact, this entire THREAD is about her manga projects, Einstein. -_-

Not to fear, Pokemon Era fans-to-be! I am almost done sketching the first page, with only one more character to draw before it is Photoshop-ready! Until then, see the upper-body images of two characters I will be using~
Shigeru-Ookiddo-and-Naeko.png

On the left is an older, Professor Shigeru Ookiddo (EDIT: gonna call him Gary Oak in the comic, after discussion with Katie, but leaving this up here in order for her post to make ANY sense). He's about 17/18 in this comic. ;D

On the right is Satoru's Pokemon-trainer sister, Naeko. I lurv her, for meh own not-too-secret reasons. Her hair IS in a ponytail, just got a bad view, there.

And no, Naeko isn't taller than Shigeru/Gary, for the record. ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not to nit-pick, but if you're going to be calling this "Pokemon" and using the English Pokemon names, wouldn't it make more sense just to call him "Gary Oak"? I can't help but think "traditionalist alert!" when I see mixtures of the language like that, which isn't bad - just a bit fundamentally awkward :p

Nice sketches btw ^^

I like them too. The girl's sketch looks better to me though because I can see her expression in her eyes but other then that, they're still both good. *Wants to see what the hair colours will be*

Just the sketch-version of the comic, with speech-bubbles added for read-ability. No idea what the splotches of black are...

Pokemon-Era-pg.png

Erm...I guess it looks okay - I was working mostly to make the expressions fit, and to make Naeko actually appear OLDER than Satoru...thinking about renaming them, it depends on my whims...which is a bad thing. :p

*feels horrible for Persian, as I am going to be having a Shinou...Sinnoh, that is...starter Pokemon*

I think it looks good ^_^ I can see their expressions very clearly and the art's good aswell! Only going to nag on one thing though, in panel 3 Naeko's eyes seem too big :-\ or maybe it's just me, anyway's I see you changed the guy's hairstyle from the original design you drew before ;) actually he looks better like this because his age appearance seems younger then the previous (That looks older now that I can compare)

Well, if the Sinnoh/Shin'ou starter is Pachirisu, then it's okay. If it's any of the ones released before the games were, I've seen them billions of times.

The page looks good, and I can't wait to see it colored! I'll be sure to give a more helpful review once it's done...but it looks great. ^_^

Voila!

Oh, Persian, if you've seen Buoysel, then all's good~ ;D Otherwise, well, at the rate I make 'em, you're still A-Okay. xD *brick'd*

Pokemon-Era-Pg.png

And, yes, her eyes are friggin' huge in the third panel. :p

:o Excellent as usual! As has already been mentioned, the expressions are great and the coloring is wonderful - I remember way back on the first page of this topic; I tended to think some of the pictures were too brightly colored, but you've got it down perfectly now.
The shading is very nice as well! Can't wait for page 2!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You know my thoughts on this, Firefox - or, if you don't, you can probably assume I think it's great ;)

I just can't wait until Satoru finally gets his first Pokemon ^^

Ugyaaaaaa...O_O

That page looked AWESOME in color. Anything that was wrong in the original was fixed and made stunning. I lurve the buildings and the clothing. It just looked awesome. (And the eyes were fine...they reminded me of the anime and game artwork.) If every page of the manga is like this one, then I'd say you've got a professional-looking piece o' work.

The only problem I have is that I have issues believing the boy is only 10, but then again...May was "10" when she had the appearance of a teenager. So meh...manga-style...*rolls eyes*

Nnng...just realized...did it ever actually say he was 10? I guess he could really be older. >_< Ignore me, I'm tired, stressed from gallons of homework, and just drew a pic of a cabbix and mutilted one of the eyes. X_X

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, no, she hasn't come out and said his age yet, so I poked it outta her ^^

It's hard to keep ages looking accurate in Anime/manga, though. I bet if you took 10 different characters which were the same age from different series' you'd think there was a 5-year range between some of 'em.

It kinda said he was 10 cause the girl said she got her first pokemon when she was 10 so i guess he is to. Am I getting this right FireFox?