• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Jackie felt tears well up in eyes. She couldn't do this. What was she thinking? But she couldn't just give in either. When the man took a step towards her Jackie flinched ans pushed herself backwards, and with the small shove from the ground she moved a good couple feet which gave her enough time to stand up and regain composure. "Please! Please don't hurt me." the girl cried out as the man rolled his eyes.
"Trust me doll, I'm the one who should be begging for mercy. Good thing you'll be locked up for good once we're done with you." the man shrugged as he aimed his net-gun at the girl. But as he pressed the button, Jackie jumped up- she must've gotten at least 10 feet of air- easily evading the net and staring at the man with pleading eyes as she landed behind him.

"Hey asshole, you better let me go. My parents will have a bounty hunter for you head if I so much as get scratched. Hey! Are you listening to-" Miles was suddenly struck with agony as the net electrocuted him and his captor muttered something shutting him up for good. "Wait a minute kid- do you even have any powers. You're marked aren't ya, why the hell aren't you defending yourself?" the man asked gruffly. Mile's glare glowed with anger, he had no idea what this guy was talking about but if he had to chance to defend himself he obviously would. Was this jerk making fun of him? Miles doubled over as his body trembled, if only he were out of this stupid net. Miles though about all the things that he would do if he were next to the large man who caught him rather than trapped in the net. Then, without warning the ground beneath Mile's opening and he fell into the hole- suddenly reappearing right beside the man. "Teleportation?" Both Mile's and his opponent gasped in unison.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Marco woke in the back of a hovervan, and his body was wrapped in steel electromagnetic rings. He struggled to get out, becoming increasingly frustrated. The heat of his blood permeated his skin, so much so that the rings' circuitry melted and split. Marco fell on the floor, thinking, Oh, so I'm literally hot stuff. Good thing I have fireproof clothes. He went to the wall and softened the metal with his intense heat. He pushed out, to find himself far above ground. Marco was already off balance, so he fell forward, but was able to catch the half-inch-thick metal. The softened material wasn't able to support him for long, and he fell onto the hood of another self-driving hovercar ten feet below. The traffic regulation bot noticed Marco, and the jellyfish-looking drone reached for him, sending a signal to stop that lane immediately. Marco jumped on top of the bot, and the remaining heat was enough to fry it's sensor. Unable to 'see' the bot went crazy, doing flips and rocketing to the ground. Marco lost his grip on the rising part of one of the flips, which threw him onto the roof of a skyscraper. He got up and looked over the horizon.

With the little star that was following Makura, he thought it was actually really cool. "You know, this star following me is actually not that bad. If you're going to follow me around sometimes, I think you're going to need a name." Makura said. "Hmm...I think I'll call you, Stargo. Not a clever name but It's the only name I can think of." The newly named Stargo disappeared. "Huh? Where'd you go? Oh well moving on." After Makura tried looking for Stargo, he decided to continue on his way home by walking.

Suddenly, some tall man that looked relatively shady walked up to Makura. He put his hand on his shoulder and Makura looked up at him with shock. "Yo man! Who are you and why are you touching me?" Makura asked with fear. "Imma need you to come with me." The shady man said. "Uhh yeah, no I'm not going with you. So you can kill that noise." Makura said. He forced the man's hand off of his shoulder and walked away. This time the man was at his breaking point. "Alright kid. You asked for it." He said. He pulled out an electromagnetic net gun and pointed it at Makura. Stargo appeared once again but this time here to warn him about the man. "Uh, Stargo, what's the matter?" Makura asked Stargo. Stargo flew over and floated around the shady man. "Ohh damn..." Makura said. "Ohh damn right kid. Like I said, you're coming with me." the man said. He took one shot at Makura with the gun and got caught in the net. Makura was struggling trying to get out of the net but the man pulled out a remote with one button. He pressed the one button and caused an electrical shock to the net. Makura let out an agonizing scream due to the pain of the shock.

Makura lacks air due to the shock and he felt weak. "Now. Are you going to be a good little boy and come with me this time?" The shady man asked. "Ugh...you are one persistent son of a bitch. But to answer your question, no. No I will not. I don't even know who the hell you are." Makura said still trying to breathe. "Who I am doesn't matter. And since you don't wanna cooperate---" before the man could finish his sentence, he pressed the button on his remote again and sent out another shock to Makura. He let out another scream and this time he wasn't able to hold up. So Makura passed out on the ground from the shock. "Finally. I have a Marked child in my grasp." The shady man said as he picked up Makura and put him in the back of his hovervan. He put metal handcuffs on him and closed the back doors. He got into his van drove and drove off to who knows where.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles started to run from the men, when he was hit with a net and knocked to the ground "oof" he let out a long sudden breath and looked around dazed, that was when the electricity started to run through the net, he cried out as his body attempted to heal the damage, meaning he was conscious for longer, the strength of the shock gradually grew stronger and stronger till eventually, Stiles passed out, his body unable to take anymore, he glanced at Cole as his eyes closed, "run" he said quietly.
@Night's Shadow

Blair blocked the door with all her might but somehow, someone was able to kick it open. She stumbled forward, and looked at the person who entered the room. Then, the teacher slumped to the floor, something in her neck. Blair's eyes went wide and covered her mouth.
Did you kill her?
The guy asked her, and the girl looked at him in shock.
"EXCUSE YOU?!" She looked at him better. "Wait... you're the psycopath that was mopping up blood... And you also screamed at someone that they're gonna die... And now you accuse me of murder." She glared at him as she got up... And then charged at him. Her punch would've totally knocked him out. But as she approached him, the mark on the back of her hand began glowing and right before her fist and the face connected, Blair's whole body became paler, and she phased right through him. "Whoa!" When she got in the hallway, her body regained its colour and became solid again. She fell on the floor, her face filled with confusion. "Holy mother of fried chicken, what was that?!" She looked back at the guy, he seemed fine. She looked at her hand, the mark was glowing. "What... is this..? Ugh, nevermind..." Blair ignored what just happened, got up and charged at him again.
Just like before, her body became paler and she phased right through the guy, but this time, her body didn't become solid. And as she was stumbling forward, she phased through the wall, and ended up outside. Since she was like a ghost, she couldn't grab the window, so now she falling quickly towards the ground. "Wait, since I can pass through anything, I can't get hurt when I touch the ground---" Just as she said that, her body became solid again. "-dang it." She was approaching the ground, but she noticed a tree near her and she was able to grab a branch just before she became a flat pancake on the ground frying pan. "Phew..." She released the branch and landed on the grass, unharmed.

"Okay time to call the police, maybe the FBI and go-----" Suddenly, a beefy guy in a black suit appeared from the bushes. "Oh, where do you think you're going, Marked?" Blair looked at the guy with a tired and unimpressed expression.
"Ugh, of course." The guy approached the girl with a gun in his hands.
"Why don't you come with me, sweetheart?" The guy said with a smirk. Blair glared at the man. Then, she heard footsteps behind her, and an idea popped in her head.
"Why don't you...." As another man leaped at Blair from behind, she easily grabs his wrist and flips him over her shoulder. The man, who was much shorter than her, landed with a thud on the ground. "...throw yourself in the traffic." She kicked the man's head. So if he wasn't unconscious from landing hard on the ground he was now. The other agent took that as a threat and fired and electrical shot at Blair, but she became intangible again, and the shot phased right through her. The girl smirked and rushed at the man, the shots not affecting her. She phased through the man, and when she fully passed through him, she became solid again and hit him on the side of his head with her elbow. The man fell to the ground unconscious. Blair smirked at the man's body. "Looks like you need some more training, sweetheart."

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
A soft thud came from behind Cole, and Stiles’s arm was ripped from her grasp. She skidded to a halt and turned in horror. “Holy fuck.” It was becoming one of her favorite phrases. When he told her to run, she didn’t hesitate. She ran deeper into the alley. But she had no intention of running away.

Right, right, left, hang another right, use momentum and jump! Cole grabbed the bottom step of the fire escape she knew was there and let her weight pull it down to the ground with too many creaks and groans for comfort. She didn’t wait for it to come all the way down, just pulled herself over the railing and took the steps two at a time.

Cole ran across the roof of the building she had ended up on, glancing downwards for a glimpse of Stiles and the two men. There! Let’s hope I can do more than just secrete acid, Cole thought grimly. Now is not the best time to find out I can’t.

The girl scrunched up her face in concentration, held her hands out over the roof’s edge, and let the acid fall like rain.
@Shadow_Pup

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
THIS GETS BLOODY

He was in shock, seeing the girl fall through the window, he was gonna go check on her but as soon as he went for the window he felt something wrap around his throat. It was cold and metallic, he felt it pull him to the ground. "So your the kagune mark?" he heard a hoarse voice come from behind. He caught a glimpse of a tall, bulky man with what seemed to be a literal iron fist. "Expected more from you" he was now approaching Rin, the fist glowing. Rin did the only thing he knew he could do and that was to lunge at the man. His eyes turned to its red devilish color, and his mouth opened. "Pathetic" the man said, as he struck Rin across the face sending him flying out the window. The device around his neck was all that held him up.

It was agonizing, his throat was losing air and he was starting to black out. "They told us not to kill you, but I think your an exception" the man called from above. Rin's grip around the device loosened. Not today he thought to himself, NOT TODAY! He kicked off from the wall twisting in the air to face the wall. Once his feet touched on the wall he gripped onto the rope of the device, that connected him to the floor. Rin's eyes burst with determination as he started to run up the wall pulling on the rope to make it easier.

Landing on the windowsill he dodged the man's second attack, and wrapped the rope around his neck. He bit onto the side of his neck, drawing a lot of blood. The man struck again but this time hitting Rin on the stomach. This is what he wanted, he fell again but the man followed down as well, with the rope around his throat. Rin was on top of the man. The cord tensed under their wait and Rin gave the man a fiendish look. "Why are you after me?" he started. "I-I-I don't know, please don't hurt me." he begged. "Wrong answer", Rin bit down onto the mans shoulder harder, than before. "Your flesh tastes rotten, don't make me devour this" He spat at him. "Now why are you after me?" he repeated. "Seriously I don't know" the man winced. "Wrong again" this time he bit into the man's head. The screams of the man was like music to his ears. The blood from the man was sour in Rin's mouth, unlike Stile's blood."Now tell me once again, why are you after me" He whispered in the man's ear. "Please I'm sorry" he pleaded. "Your out of chances". He wrapped his arm around the man's arm and put his foot against the man's head. Then he started to pull, he could hear the man scream as his arm was now being pulled off. The bones cracked and snapped, like a fire. The muscles and skin were being torn off. With one last pull, the arm came off.

Suddenly he felt the rope around his neck loosen, and he started to fall to the ground. He landed with a thud, the man's arm falling on top of him. The man lay next to him, trying to crawl away. Rin was about to kill him when he noticed Blair behind him. She must've saw what he did. He looked into the bloody widow, seeing his reflection. It was the same as when he went to attack Stiles. "I'm sorry" he said to Blair. He wanted to talk to her, explain that he had no control, but he doubted she trusted him after this. He just stood there, staring at her.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Oliver had followed Rin, just in case he hadn't done anything rash. "Did you eat another person Rin?" He asked, coming down the stairs. Didn't see him. He could hear something outside, so he went outside. And that's when he saw the moving, dismantled body. "Goddamnit, I know you need blood, but you need to learn how to control yourself!" Oliver said to Rin.

Last edited:
(Sorry that these are shorties, I'm on my phone right now so don't expect quality posts :p)

Jackie felt a shudder down her spine when the sound of sizzling acid became clear in the distance. It must've been another marked. Why she made the next decision is unclear, but she ran as fast as she could towards the acid-rain's direction. Each bound sent Jackie a good couple of feet ahead, but it wasn't enough to lose the man in black who was trailing her. By the time she got to the scene, Jackie found the other kid to be unconscious- how could he attack if he was unconscious? Suddenly, things looked really bad again.

Mile's couldn't help the grin that spread across his cheeks. The boy dashed to his backpack and grabbed a can of pepper spray, quickly dousing his opponents face with the burning gas. The man recoiled with pain giving Mile's a moment to test out his new ability. "Let's go there-" Miles pointing to a spot a few feet away, and while he didnt move a large gaping hole appeared in the air ahead of him.

=Nightshade=

Cole groaned aloud as she watched Jackie running from another black-clad man... straight towards Stiles. Oh, boy... another one! Delightful. Just perfect. “Fuck,” she swore again, because it made her feel better. The girl below her was getting closer. One against three was terrible odds for her, especially considering the size of the men. Two against three was a bit better. Cole was unsure of what Jackie’s power was, but if she was still running, it had to have been good.

The black-haired girl leaped from the roof to land on a balcony below, then jumped from balcony to window ledge to balcony again until she was on the ground beside Jackie. Cole tried to shoot a stream of acid from her hand, and was amply rewarded. The stream of acid hit the man chasing Jackie in the eyes, causing him to howl and claw at his face. The smell of oranges filled the air. Citric acid? You have got to be kidding me.

The man recovered quickly and came back at them, eyes red and inflamed. The other two men were advancing as well. Cole backed away slowly, trying in vain to shoot more acid. “Fuck. I’m drained out.” She lifted her fists and hoped it would be enough.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"Hey, kid! You're not supposed to be up here!"Marco spun to see two guards emerging from the stairway. "You're coming with us." Marco walked towards them, seeming to comply, until there was a foot of distance in between him and the first guard, where he sidestepped and sprinted towards the door. Marco vaulted the rail, and fell to the next floor's rail, which he caught to lose momentum, then dropped down again. Bye the time he got to ground level of the building, he was sore. Marco swung open the door, and waiting for him were the two guards from the roof. "Shoulda used the teleporter, brat." The guard reached for Marco, who quickly superheated his body, making the man recoil in pain. Marco made a mad dash for the door, and outside saw a commotion coming from the alley. Continuing his run, he full-force dropkicked the man blocking off the alley entrance. The stranger hit his head- hard. He was conked out for the time being, maybe permanently. "Hey people..." Marco crawled to his feet in front of Cole, Stiles, and Jackie. "I was in the neighbahood, so I thought I'd stop by to say hello."

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles felt nothing, all he could see was darkness, then he saw a light and reached out to it, he then suddenly sat up, he was breathing heavily and looking around, he was still in the alley and now others were here, "it was then that he realised something, he had died, that shock had killed him, he felt his body, he was definitely alive now, he shrugged off the net, and cracked his neck "so, what's the plan exactly, we fight them and run I assume?" he asked no one in particular as he rose his fists defensively.
@Night's Shadow @Barefoot_Kittens

Jackie's breathing stilled when a girl joined beside her, honestly she was so glad to no longer be alone. However, as the unconscious boy seemingly came back to life Jackie nearly lost her cool again. "Powers?" the girl whispered faintly as she watched her classmate spew acid from her palm. "I don't know how many there is. I mean, if we run we'll just keep running we'll run into more. We need to hide." Jackie tried to keep her voice steady but it cracked from nervousness as she shakily suggested to hide. The man who has red eyes must've at least partially lost his sight due to Cole's attack, Jackie figured he would be there best bet to getting out. The girl crossed her fingers by her side as she prayed her plan would work before she charged at the man. Both Jackie and her opponent raised their fists and their knuckles made contact with each other, but Jackie overpowered the man and sent him flying backwards and into an alley wall.

Miles poked one hand into the hole in the air before watching that hand appear a few feet away in the destination he had thought of. The boy's eyes shone brightly- talk about a good thing coming out of a bad situation. As the large man charged at Miles, he slipped through the portal and easily evaded his opponent. How the table's had turned. And now it was Miles who couldn't help but chuckle at his angered opponent. "I wonder if..." the boy muttered as he opened up another portal and threw a rock into it, but before miles could see the results he was hit by a small needle and an electric current was sent through his body. Mile's writhed in pain while his opponent patted his trusty stun gun and withdrew the probes from Mile's body.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"These douches're nuthin' without their guns." Marco cracked his knuckles and neck simultaneously. "Les' get 'em." He charged the man on the left, who responded with a right hook. Marco was quick, and dodged underneath the punch, stomped on his boot, and uppercut him with a heated (literally) fist. "You guys ok? Damn, Stiles. you're a survivor."

=Nightshade=

Cole nearly collapsed with relief when she saw Marco standing in the alleyway and that Stiles had stood, unharmed. A fierce grin lit her features despite her exhaustion. “You got it. Let’s get the hell out of here.” Cole went for Marco’s chosen victim and kicked him low as Marco aimed high with a vicious uppercut. Then she whirled and locked an arm around his throat and tightened her hold as he made garbled choking noises.

“Say goodnight, fucker,” she hissed. “Stay away from us.” He struggled beneath her, but she held on tight, ever tightening her death grip on his neck.

John
John had uncertainly tracked the path of another Marked kid, but then he lost the trail. The loss of the trail was erased from his mind, however, when he saw Brendon sprawled on the ground, unconscious.

“Brendon? Brendon!” No response. His comrade-in-arms was out cold. He pinched his earpiece to open a chat link to Shen. “General, we need transport. Brendon’s out like a light.”

“Did you get any of them? Even one?”

“We—we didn’t, sir, but I’m sure one of the others—“

“I’ll send transport.” The chat link cut off. When the hovercar arrived, John helped load Brendon into it, then climbed in himself. He didn’t notice the V-Pad he had dropped.
@EeviumZ

Last edited:
If you asked how Dusker's day was going, she'd probably reply "just peachy" in the snarkiest voice she could muster.

When she first woke up, she wasn't just late for school, but she also had a killer stomachache. She also had this weird mark on her right hand, a set of 4 shapes. Did someone break into her house to specifically draw this mark on her hand? Whatever.

After waiting out the worst of the pains, Dusker got up and got dressed. She was so late that she'd probably just skip out. She could get a doctor's excuse. Better than being cooped up all day.

So here she was, strolling through the park nearest to the Academy, mindlessly scrolling through the synopsis of a century-old TV show that was long since taken off the air. With the Academy's time nearly over for the day, the peace wasn't meant to last, but for now she was well and truly alone.

So imagine her surprise when the bush she had just passed by suddenly rustled.

Okay, probably just a squirrel, no need for alarm, Dusker thought, though she couldn't help but creep closer to the bush. This caused the bush to rustle more. Whatever was in there wasn't a squirrel. So, Dusker did what any sensible human being would do in this situation.

She plunged her hand directly into the bush in an attempt to grab whatever was in it.

There was a squeak from inside the bush, and she had succeeded with this absolutely stupid plan. She lifted her hand from the bush...

and was met with a weird eyeball creature clutching a flag like a lifeline.

"Oh, uh." This got awkward fast. "What even are you? Oh, am I hurting you by holding you like this?"
The creature nodded to the best of its ability, and she could hear it quietly squeak out "yes".
"Ooooh. Sorry, sorry, look, I'll-"
Dusker quietly lowered the shivering thing to the floor, quickly pulling her hand away after setting it on the ground. "Look, see? I ain't touching you anymore."
The little creature, instead of skittering away like she expected, instead stood there, looking at her almost expectantly. "H-hello!" it greeted her.
"Oh, hi? Who exactly...are you? Why can I understand you. What."
"Ah, I'm Hatapon! Nice to meet you, my Kami!"
"Nice to meet you too. The name's Dusker, and- wait a minute, hold the phone. What did you just call me? You called me "Kami". Hang on-"
Dusker opened her V-pad's translator, tapping K-A-M-I enter.

"Did you just refer to me as a god?"

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Rin turned to Oliver. "I don't think it's just blood. I think it is just human flesh in general" he said. For someone who just attacked a student and he just mutilated this man, he was acting quite calm. God how he wanted to eat the arm he pulled off. "So...um... this is awkward" mustered out. This person in front of him, tried to attack him earlier thinking he was a psychopath, what would she think now realizing that he has almost killed this person. "Look before you go to swing at me again, please remember I was not in control. I don't know what is happening to me, but it's getting worse.". He knew in the back of his head she wouldn't trust him, maybe she would call the police, maybe she will try to kill you again. Or worse.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles charged in with the others, he wrestled with the final man who grappled up a building still holding onto Stiles, they continued to fight until Stiles got the upper hand and held the man out over the ledge, the man tightened his grip on Stiles' arms and Stiles grinned "Guess what idiot, I just find out. I'm immortal" he said as he turned and stepped backward off the roof, taking the man with him, they both hit the ground hard. Stiles thought to himself, "well better get timing, how long do I stay dead for exactly" he then counted. (It's 15 minutes then he comes back)
@Night's Shadow @mallard @Barefoot_Kittens

=Nightshade=

The guy under Cole struggled for a few seconds longer, then slumped to the ground like a marionette whose strings had been cut. She landed on her feet and looked up just in time to see Stiles do a kamikaze jump off a building. No way would he survive that!

“Holy... shit!” she said, to mix it up a bit. They both hit the ground, Stiles a split second after the man, and lay unmoving, limbs splayed at unnatural angles. “SHIT!” she screamed. Cole took a few deep breaths. She was losing it. Losing it! He survived the shock, she told herself. He’ll bounce back. I hope.

“Okay.” She turned to the others. “We should get the hell out of here before their buddies arrive and go apeshit. I know a place we can lay low for a while.” Actually, that was only partially true; the place Cole was talking about was her hideout in case she ever had to lay low. She wasn’t sure if it would be able to accommodate Jackie, Stiles, Marco, and herself... as well as any other Marked that showed up. She couldn’t very well turn them away. “Stiles’ll... well, let’s just hope he was right when he thought his power was immortality.”

Cole walked over to her friend’s prone body and looked down at him. His mark was glowing slightly, which gave her hope, and the cuts and bruises he had picked up on the way down were already fading. He’ll be fine. I think. I hope. “Can someone help me pick him up?”

@mallard @Barefoot_Kittens @Shadow_Pup

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Just... try not to hurt too much people." Oliver said to Rin before walking off into the city. He had checked for empty alleyways to see what he could actually do. He felt pretty useless with sticky and slippery hands. Oliver had looked behind him and see a few people in black following him. He picked up his pace, and they picked up theirs. He then took out his hoverboard and started to ride away. "Get back here, Marked!" One of them shouted behind him, the two now sprinting. However, he soon was able to lose them shortly. "Wonder what that's all about." Oliver thought before looking down at the mark on his hand.

He had found an alley that he thought was secluded, however found his classmates around Stiles who seemed to be unconscious, and most likely dead. "So, what'd I miss?" Oliver calmly said at the entrance of the alleyway. He then walked over to Cole and crouched down to pick up Stiles. "I might as well carry him, I can't drop him anyways." He said, due to his hands being sticky. "Also quick question: is Stiles dead?" He asked while starting to attempt to carry Stiles.

Both parties were staring at each other. This....tiny orb just called her a god, in a foreign language no less. What?

"Uuuuuuhhhh-"
"HEY!"

Dusker jumped, turning to the source of the new voice. She could faintly hear some old 8-bit music coming from the direction of the school, but that was probably some guy with a boombox, not this man in a suit with a goddamn gun.

".....hi."
"Hello, Marked."
"'Marked'? I think you're looking for the term-" Hatapon chimed in, before being interrupted by the man's cry of "Shut it!"
"Heeeey. Be nice, dude," Dusker admonished the man, while at the same time quietly inching away.
"Me being 'nice' doesn't matter. My job is to bring you back alive, so if you and your pet cooperate, I won't have to use this bad boy," the man in the suit responded, lifting up his gun as a sort of threat. Dusker didn't want to know what that did.
"Hey, I'm no pet!" the orb at her side retorted.
Dusker looked from the man, to the exit of the park, back to the man. This was just the one, and if she was right in her assumption that this guy's cohorts were aiming for the school, then it was probably going to stay just the one. So, uh...
"Yeah, uh, it was nice meeting you and all, but I think it's time for me to go."
"You're not going anywhere, doll." He took a step forward, she took a step back.
"Oh, yeah? I think it's about time I used my secret technique."
You'd think this 'secret technique' would be some sort of cool karate move or some pro parkour skills, but no. Dusker just suddenly picked up Hatapon and started running away full tilt. The boldness (and stupidity) of this move left the Absorption agent standing there in the dust. Funny JoJo reference

=Nightshade=

Oliver appeared at the entrance of the alley, causing Cole to jump about two feet in the air. She hissed a breath in through her teeth. “I’m not... actually sure,” she admitted once her nerves had calmed. “He was pretty sure his power was immortality, so he jumped off a building to get rid of that guy.” She gestured to the body of the man Stiles had pushed off the building and fallen off after. “I think he’s... I don’t even know. He already died once, I think.”

A sigh escaped Cole’s lips. This is not something to be put on an assortment of late teens and young adults! She cursed the unfairness of the universe. “Well. I’ve got a place we can hide out, why don’t we head there?”

Mark glowing, determination flowing, Kenya shot 1,200 bone at the two agents. Blowing them away with great speed. "I wouldn't try if I were you. You'll be dead where you stand." after the dust cleared he teleported to the others in the blink of an eye when he gets there he asks Oliver "What did i miss?"

Jackie felt her lunch come back up her throat as Stile's jumped. He was insane, what if immortality wasn't even his ability? The girl tried to take deep breaths to calm herself, but as she looked around she sighed. Actually, everyone was winning. Everyone was fighting, they looked kinda cool, everyone except her. No matter how much physical strength the girl gained, she couldn't muster up the courage to do anything like her peers were doing. "How many marked kids do you think there are? I don't want to leave them out there by themselves." Jackie whimpered before shaking her head and- "Actually let's go now. We need to recuperate and and learn more about- everything." Jackie sighed before looking up at Cole who she expected to lead the way.

Miles lurched forward in pain as another burst of pain shot through his body, an aftereffect from the earlier shock. He laid, sprawled out on the floor in front of the man and struggled to keep his eyes open. A hard boot was placed on Miles back causing the boy to sputter slightly before he was kicked onto his back so he was facing the man. Miles glared at the face of his opponent, which for the first time he realized was rather ugly. Suddenly, Miles got an idea. The boy focused and opened a portal behind his captor, it was even easier than before. That was thing about Miles, he had a natural knack for learning things quickly so it was no wonder he already had a handle on his new ability. The boy used all the might he could muster to spring both legs out and kick the man so he stumbled backwards and into Mile's portal, then just like the boy had planned another portal opened in the sky above. Miles watched his opponent fall from the sky and land on the pavement with a gruesome cracking sound, letting out a long sigh the boy then collapsed beside the mangled body and decided now would be a good time to catch his breath.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
As Talia was fleeing - her foot seemed almost better by now - she noticed something strange in an alleyway. A discarded V-Pad, obviously modified. Curious, she picked it up.
It wasn't password-protected, to her surprise - maybe the owner didn't think they needed one? She looked up, and suddenly began putting two and two together.
A couple of discarded nets were visible on the ground - just like the ones that had been used to (almost) trap her. Shards of ice were everywhere, and the air was very cold.
This V-Pad had belonged to one of the people behind this ordeal.
Throwing any concept of privacy out the window, she opened the V-Pad. It was open to a notes application. The top note was Known Marked.
She tapped the note, and holographic text appeared in front of her. It was a list of names, with various labels.

Stiles - Immortality
Cole - Acid Manipulation
Rin - Unknown (highly dangerous, approach w/ caution)
Oliver - Slime Manipulation
Kenya - Unknown
Blair - Unknown

These were all names she knew. Slowly growing more anxious, she scrolled further down the list. A chill ran down her spine as she read one of the newer entries in the list.
Talia - Pyrokinesis
Her eyes went down further, and she read the final name with a power next to it.
Allie - Cryokinesis (Captured, In Transport).

She dropped the V-Pad.
Allie.
Cryokinesis.
Captured.
The air began to grow hotter and hotter, as a orange glow surfaced-

The explosion of flames was very much visible from outside the side street. Everything flammable was set aflame, and the steel ground was scorched and bent. A howl of anger and grief was heard from within the sudden outburst, calling someone's name.

Dusker kept running for a good while, not stopping to see if the agent had followed her or had called for back up or anything. Which was probably a good thing, seeing as how a fair distance away there was a massive burst of fire. The suddenness of the blast caused the creature she had clutched in her arms to squeal in surprise.

Whether it was a firebomb or something else, she didn't want to know.

Finally, she saw it best to stop near an alley. People can't run forever, and Dusker wasn't the exception. In between gasps for air, Dusker set Hatapon down again, stating "Okay...I think... we're good. Phew..."

And that was the moment she noticed there were people in this alley. Whoops.
"Oh, uhm. Hi. I'm Dusker, I ran from some agent guy, and apparently I'm a god to-" -she gestured to Hatapon, who waved- "-whatever this guy's species is. Nice to meet y'all."

=Nightshade=

Cole cringed as a scream of anguish and rage came from a ways away, outside the alley. “That’s my cue,” she muttered to herself. “Don’t know who that is, not sure I want to know.” She sighed again, then began to lead the way deeper into the gloom, waving to the newcomer. “Nice to meet ya. Now let’s get the hell out of here before we’re sent to hell from here.” She took a right into even thicker darkness, then a left. “This way,” she said. Her voice seemed louder than normal in the stifling dark.

Her hand trailed along the left-hand wall. It should be right... here! Cole’s hand went through the wall. For it wasn’t a wall, but a hologram. “Identification: Collette Umbrek.” She counted heads before saying, “And four? Five? Guests.”

“Welcome, Cole! Welcome, guests!” an automated voice beeped from within. The hologram came down and a faulty light flickered on. There was another alley here, abandoned, but quite large. Cole had claimed it as her own while she was working on her money-stealing program. Now it was hardly used, but in fairly good shape. She flopped down into a (slightly moldy) chair and let out her breath. The hologram came back up once the last of the others were inside.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” Cole said dryly, flourishing overdramatically. “Crash wherever you like. Coded all the tech here myself, so it’s as secure as it can be.” She pulled out her V-Pad; it had stayed safely in her seemingly bottomless pockets during the scuffle. She opened a new search window and started surfing for information.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Talk about ending it with a bang," Oliver said about Stiles' useful... suicide. He then followed Cole, while holding Stiles. Oliver was quickly getting tired carrying Stiles, and when he entered the abandoned alley, he tried to plop him on a slightly old sofa. Of course, his hand were still sticking though. He took a breath in, and it changed to slippery, somehow. He attempted to slide Stiles onto the sofa, then went over to the wall. Oliver wanted to try something. He got the grasp of changing his hand, and made it slightly sticky. He then started to climb up the wall thanks to his slime like hands. He gave a small laugh while staying on the wall. "Looks like I really am Gecko Boy!"

Kenya saw the fire explosion and teleported to see what had happened, and to his surprise he saw a girl with a burned V-pad at her feet Geez he though What happened over here? He quickly grabbed the burned V-pad and fixed it , and to his surprise it showed a list of marked people that he knew. he scrolled down the list to find himself shocked to find out that one was captured. "well then." he said chuckling "Time for a rescue mission."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The teen whipped around, her fists cloaked in flame. It was as if something else had taken her over. Her mark glowed orange, and the air grew considerably hotter.
"Who in the hell are you?" Her voice was quivering slightly. It didn't take a genius to see that she was devastated. Her eyes were blazing, and the flames on her clenched fists flickered in the dim light.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Following the present group into Cole's 'secret lair,' Marco gawked. "Amazing crib, Cole. Do you got runnin' water here? I needa wash up." He gestured to the dried blood on his head. "I got into a tight spot earlier." @Night's Shadow

=Nightshade=

Cole, swiping at holo-screens filled with an abundance of code and information, almost didn’t hear Marco’s question. “What? Oh, oh yeah, there’s a pipe back there.” She gestured vaguely to a far wall, saved her progress, and set down the V-Pad. “Here, I’ll show you.” She led the way to a pipe about two feet off the ground connected to the alley’s wall. She turned the rusted spigot above it and icy water pulsed out. “It’s safe to drink from, too,” she added. “Help yourself.”

The girl walked back to the sagging chair and sat, pulling the V-Pad back onto her lap. Cole typed out a search on the holo-screen and frowned at the results. She had coded a quick program to remove any firewalls, and the overload of info was such that she was worried the V-Pad might crash. It didn’t, and she kept scrolling. Militia? Absorption? Hunters? Why have I never heard of this before? A few seconds later, Cole saw a search result that made her blood run cold.

Hunters, the vigilantes of the Absorption, are wholeheartedly dedicated to their sole purpose in life: the apprehension and torture, and ultimately, elimination of the Marked.

Oh thank god, they knew of a place to stay. Dusker didn't want to stay out here any longer.

The girl was quick to find a comfortable spot to crash, and oh boy did she crash hard. She practically collapsed onto an open chair, opting to just relax and scroll through the page she left off on. Of course, her new "friend" or something scrambled up onto the chair, and soon Hatapon was silently reading the page with her. Or probably not. Safe to assume that he didn't know what she was doing in the first place.

She thought about looking up something about the mark on his flag (that he somehow managed to keep an iron grip on while she was running for her life, which was impressive), but not only would she probably pull up nothing on it, it also felt kind of rude.

Seeing the girl asked, Kenya replied " Kenya. Also i do seem to have a power that's a bit unstable so watch out if you want to fight." as he was waiting for a reply he thought Well i have controlled the bones but not any of the others. If this girl does want to fight all I could use is my bones.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The flames around her fists slowly dissipated, seeming to seep back into her Mark on her hand. "You have one of those marks too?"
It was then that she noted the pale blue marking on his hand, some sort of... shape she couldn't really discern. It looked vaguely familiar...
"I'm also marked. I got this weird triangle-circle-thing on my hand, and now I keep bursting into flames every few seconds. I made the explosion here because I found out... oh god...." Her voice trailed off, as she began to look even more upset. Her eyes started glowing again.

"They took my sister. Apparently she has one of these too. She probably couldn't even fight back... it said she can use ice or something like that?" It suddenly dawned on her what those ice shards had meant.

"I - I don't want to fight you. I can't control my power either. It just happens someti- crap!"
A fire had started at her feet, and she started fruitlessly pointing at it. "Put - out - stupid - thing!"
Finally, she somehow managed to will the fire to go out. "See? It's like that. Fire just spontaneously appears around me. I set myself on fire earlier, not sure how I survived that one."

Anger was beginning to set in. These bastards had taken her sister. She wasn't going to let them get away with that.
"Excuse me, but I need to go. I have to find where they took her." And with that, she blew past the boy, her eyes blazing.

She ran down the streets, her feet cloaked in fire. Seemingly, it made her faster. She tensed when she heard shouts behind her, hearing net guns charging up. It was at that moment that she realized that charging out of cover was a terrible, possibly deadly, idea. Her anxiety immediately kicked in.
I gotta get out of here.
She passed by what seemed like a wall, but she heard talking on the other end.
Her heart lifting slightly, she listened through it. People... no, teenagers, from the sounds of their voices... talking about.. powers? Oh god, these people can help me!

She began knocking on the wall next to the wall she'd been listening through. "Someone? Anyone? Please, just let me in - wait, that sounded wrong - Someone? Is there anyone in there? Do you have markings too? No, still not right - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME IN BEFORE I DIE OUT HERE?"

Jackie paced the long alley before slumping with a sigh, she could almost hear the stillness of Cole's heart when she read something on her Vpad. Jackie approached the girl and read over her head before placing a gentle hand on the other girl's shoulder, "I don't understand it either. Thank you for opening your safe-haven to us, it really means a lot." Jackie smiled weakly as she attempted to comfort her peer. They weren't really even friends, but suddenly Jackie felt really close to everyone in the room.

After a good couple of minutes Miles sat upright and rubbed his head, "Holy shit." the boy muttered as he looked around. He had a raging headache and his whole body still rattle with pain, but he really had just defeated that guy. And honestly, it felt really good. The boy had always been ahead of others, he was used to praise just as much as he was use to envy. He lived off of making others feel below him, but what he had now was real power. It was amazing.

=Nightshade=

Cole looked up, a wan smile finding its way onto her face. “Thanks. We have to figure this out. This is... ridiculous, to say the least, but we have to keep going. Adapt.” A wry laugh wrenched its way from her throat. “Evolution is a thing. Wow.”

Suddenly, loud pounding sounded on the other wall. Cole sprang to her feet, instantly alert. Then came the voice. Talia? It sounded like she was getting chased. The girl ran to a hidden keypad near the hologram itself. Manual override. She typed a sequence of numbers in, set the timer to five seconds, then hit the override button.

“Talia. In. Now,” Cole panted. “It’ll close again in five seconds.”

(OOC: the hologram gives a debilitating shock (like a force field) to anyone not authorized unless manual override is in place)

Last edited:
As Kenya Saw the girl storm off he thought to himself Uh ok suit yourself he then teleported over to the back of the wall the girl was shouting at he went over to an area to train to control is Blasters. After hours of training he finally perfected. Maybe i should perfect my mind powers As he started he heard the door open, he went to the entrance and saw the girl again

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The teen rushed into the room, subconsciously extinguishing her fiery fists, panting.
"Cole - oh my god, I fricking owe you my life on that one -" The hologram closed behind her, startling her and causing her hands to momentarily flare up again. She glared at her mark for a moment. "I hate this thing."
Calming down ever so slightly, she found a spot to sit and took a seat. She sat there silently for a moment, catching her breath, before speaking up. "I need to know where these people's base is. They have my little sister."

=Nightshade=

“Breathe. That was a close one.” Cole wiped imaginary sweat from her forehead. “Just take a breather— the fuck?” Her mark flared with yellow-green light at Talia’s next sentence. “They took your sister. Oh, boy. What the hell are we supposed to do about it? How do we— ah. I know.”

Cole rummaged through the tech that was all over the hideout. “First of all, I have to mute this place. Can’t believe I didn’t do that before.” Several V-Pads and a couple lines of code later, the hologram muted all inside sound to people on the outside. Well, at least it should. “Then... let’s see. Tracker bots, tracker bots... I know I made at least two of them at some point.”

The little spider-like robots were nowhere to be found. Cole slammed a fist on the wall in frustration. “I wanna melt something. What do I not need?” She located an ancient smartphone she kept around for God-knows-why and melted through it with acid. “That made me feel better.” She turned to Talia. “I don’t know how the hell we’re gonna do this, but we will get your sister back.”