• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"I know, know it's tragic, to not have been able to meet ME before this day, the most handsome, best haired, strongest, most adept with powers teacher out there, but I assure you that that is why I got the job, my ability to spark the love of art into students, Kevin, now what type of fine arts class are you taking?" Daniel exclaimed as he sat still for only a moment. Electricity crackled between his fingers as he said spark.

"Well, thank the sky I'm not doing PE." Sky murmured to himself as he watched Rio walk down towards the courts. Himself, he decided to fly down to the first lesson, which he had to cover: Keeping an identity. Realising that he had some time before anyone arrived, he set himself down on the chair and closed his eyes

Ryker walked into the gymnasium and saw the teacher. The headmistress, Rio. He grinned widely. She was a famous hero, before headmistress of the worlds best school. The boy was currently wearing his white gym shorts, ready for P.E. He made a fist pump and lined up, ready to impress. "Let's go," he said maybe, a bit too loud.

Sadly it was already time for Jake's first lesson. Thankfully it was P.E so it shouldn't be all that hard on the old brain. After quickly changing into sports gear, in this case some joggers and a random t shirt that he had packed, Jake was ready for his experience at CODA to really begin.

After a short and uneventful walk he arrived at the gymnasium only to discover some students were already there. He quickly lined up with them, noting how odd it was to see the headmistress in P.E gear. She had looked so mystical for the ceremony.

Tia sighed as she walked to the first class that was on her schedule. She didn't mind walking, Tia was used to hiding her wings under her black leather jacket anyways. She arrived at Third Foreign Language early. Which Tia found somewhat funny that she had the class considering that when she had first come to the school she had already known three languages: English, Italian, and Spanish.

Looking up, Rio cast a glance over her class, it seemed most of them had arrived. Of course, some where still missing, but it was the first day of classes, she'd take it easy on them for now. On of her long ears flicked in the direction of the speakers, a shrill bell sound crackling to life. "Alright class! I know you hopefully just saw me at the opening cerimony, but I'll introduce myself again. I am Rio Reis, Headmistress of this school and your Physical Education teacher. If my name happens to ring a bell, I am also the superhero Draco." She flicked the glasses off her head, and hung them on the front of her shirt.

"If you look at where you're lined up you'll notice there are numbers on the ground. Remember those numbers because you're stuck with them until I decide to switch it up later in the year." She quickly read off names and wrote the numbers they were at, a few more students trickling in a bit late.

"Alright. We might not get a whole lot done today, but tomorrow we'll be jumping right into sweating blood and tears and questioning our life's choices." She smirked, her Draco persona slipping into play. "This class will not use powers, because that is cheating and also won't help you prepare for the what if: what if you loose your powers temporarily? Besides, many of you are still inexperienced and use of powers could prove fatal to you and your peers. So we'll be building up muscle like normal humans, if you can handle that."

"Also, occasionally we'll move class to inside the caves, forest, or even inside our local volcano. So unless you feel like dying I suggest you listen to my instructions." Suddenly, she pulled out a large stack of papers, "Any questions? We have to get through the most boring part of this class which is reading our extensive syllabus because we've noticed some students think they're above the rules because they're superhuman." She squints at a particularly troublesome looking student in the back with... An unattractive hairdo in a Mohawk. Returning her gaze to the papers, she pulled a pair of reading glasses out of her pocket.

Sky laughed quietly to himself, part of his conscience hovering around his comrade's lesson. Boy, I sure wouldn't want to be them. He thought. Spotting the person with the Mohawk, he decided to do his typical invisible work and flatten it down into a typical hairstyle, which he was sure Rio would notice

Ryker glanced down at his number. He was 17. Then he listened to Draco's speach.

Ryker raised his hand. "My powers work if I get hurt, even if I stub my toe or something. Would something like that get me in trouble. My body naturally cuts down any damage, including muscle pain and cramps," he said quickly.

Rio glanced up, pulling down her reading glasses to look at Ryker. "Your powers we can't surpress, so you do get a pass. Just keep in mind you will probably learn how to surpress it later in the year, most likely it'll be stressed that you surpress it in your identity classes in order to blend into civilians. At that point I'd like to ask you to use this class as practice with suppression of you healing, but for now you're fine. I'm talking about actively using your powers, consciously choosing to use them. That I will not allow, just like a certain air spirit needs to stop messing with my students." She glared at the Mohawk kid again, mostly at his flat hair, and the area around him. Her heart flickered gently at the semi pressence of the Headmaster in the room, "Sky you have a class to teach." She retorts, and continued to read off the syllabus to the class.

A faint voice drifted through her ear: "I have the second lesson. I think somebody hasn't been studying the timetable..." Sky brought his whole body there, not finding a reason to stick around in his own room, and floated by her head quietly, simply watching

Turns out Jake was number 18, right beside the only kid who actually had a question to ask the headmistress. He had listened patiently, trying to ignore the glare he could feel burrowing into the back of his skull. He knew exactly who it was, that guy with the Mohawk had been right behind him when he had entered the room. It was an effort for Jake to supress a sigh, first day of school and he already had an enemy. Good job Everett, just great.

"Alright! You guys survived the most boring part of the day!" Rio broke off from her monotonous tone, tossing the papers and her reading glasses over her shoulder. "Now we get to move onto the fun stuff! Evaluation!" Her fanged grin was mischievous, signaling nothing good. "Boys and girls, separate please... now boys, start off with 30 push ups. Girls, see the marked lanes on the ground, yes those ones, I want four laps with you jogging as long as possible." She then blew her silver whistle of doom, signaling the students to begin.

Ryker walked into his place and dropped down on the floor to start his push-ups.
Up.
Down.
And repeat. Doing 30 wasn't that bad. She could have assigned 50 or 100 or something like that.

Ryker finished and sat down, criss cross style. He noticed that he was the first one done. He gave a shurg. A few of the students mumbled while they finished theirs, while Ryker, more or less began to rock, feeling bored, in this sitting position.

Jake was comfortable enough doing push ups, he had never really fancied going to the gym so being able to do exercise at home had become quite important to him. Push ups, planks, going for runs, that was how this superhero in training stayed in shape.

And so after getting into a plank position Jake took his time reaching 30 push ups, after looking at some of the other students he didn't think he would have to rush to finish, better to just enjoy yourself. The guy next to him was actually the first to finish which put the pressure on a little so after speeding up Jake actually finished fourth. Getting back into a sitting position he watched the girls doing there laps, running had never been his favourite kind of exercise, it just wasn't as fun, so he was hoping that wouldn't be their next challenge..

Push ups. Easiest thing since standing up if gravity turns a blind eye. Sky thought to himself. Curious about the next piece of torture- I mean, exercise, he flew himself to Draco and peered over her shoulder at her schedule, then looked back. "Do you even know what a normal PE class is like?" Sky whispered in her ear.

(Yes I'm very bored because my character has nothing to do so he's just screwing around)

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel walked through the corridors. He was going to be late for his first class. According to the schedule, it was Fine Arts and Keeping up a Hero/Vigilante identity. He tried his best not to get lost, finally found the classroom. He sat down in the front row, and put down some books. "Heya!" He said as he entered the classroom.

Rio flicked one of her pierced ears at Sky, before turning her head gently to smirk, her eyes telling nothing good was to come. "Trust me, I know exactly how to get these kids in shape, Draco's style." She turned to the girls who had just finished their laps. "Ok class, switch off, girls 30 push ups and boys 4 laps."

(I do hope none of you mind me skipping that round I would like to move this along so we can get to the good part of plot quickly)

Draco grinned mischievously at the tired students in front of her, she dropped the clipboard with a sharp resounding smack against the ground. "Everybody line up on the track again, we're doing something different." She stood out the outside line of the track, "The good news is, after all these excitcises, most of you are more physically fit than normal folk without powers. Congratulations. But that was the easy part, you aren't average humans. You're here to learn to be a hero, so you're going to excircise like a hero."

"I want you to take note, this track is a quarter mile long. You all ran a mile in excellent time. Now, we're going to run 8 laps, 2 miles, and all under 20 minutes. Any questions? Good." She blew the whistle, running along side the students in the final excircise of the day. Draco jogged alongside some of the sprinting students with ease, yelling encouragement (sometimes a sassy remark to the slower kids) "Come on guys this is a luxury, a lot of famous Heroes didn't have a class that made sure they were in peak physical condition, they had to do all this on the spot, sometimes in their first battle!" She looked at a stop watch, they were almost done with the very intended torture.

"I'm not sure I agree with your teaching methods (How to train your dragon quote)" Sky said, utilising the one-way telepathic connection he had acquired a while ago to his advantage. "Seems like a bit too much like a prison camp then a school. Are you sure that being a PE teacher is a good idea? Because I think a few of the students may object."

Last edited:
"Sky, I'm being hard on them for a good reason you know. They're here to get their powers under control, some of them are actually thinking about being heroes. They won't grow if I go soft on them." She answered back through the link. "Besides, compared to what we've been through in Atlantis, this is like walking in the park. Honestly, I survived because I was lucky, I don't know how lucky these kids are."

She glanced over the huffing kids. "It's only the first day, I'll change how I teach them after this, but I don't know where they stand now, do I?

"True, true. I suppose you're right. Atlantis wasn't the easiest place to live, and they'll probably have to go though the same as us. If that's possible Anyway, I should get back to my class, it'll be starting soon. I'll see you after school." Sky told her, his wispy features solidifying enough to give her a wink, and he disappeared, the gases that made up his body flowing back into the classroom he was scheduled to teach.

Zander casually looked around at the other students. Rings of sweat lined most of their necks and heavy breathing filled the room. He glanced down at himself, a small grin spreading across his face, "Not a drop of sweat on me." He thought while looking over at the new gym teacher. "So that's the Headmistress....she's so strong...." His expression got more serious as he took note of her extremely scarred skin. "Looks like shes earned that power though, i'm looking forward to see what kind of training she's got in mind." He adjusted the bulky wrist weight on his right hand while running, different training scenarios ran through his head making him all the more excited.

Daniel sat back in his chair after about 25 minutes of waiting. He spun around and started to tear up a bit."I guess, noone wants to take my class. The great Heroism Art of costume design isn't important, eh, What about the Fine Arts, The school musical I had planned, the concerts, all of it, gone." Daniel put his hands in his pockets and sniffed. He had an Idea. The teacher wandered down the halls of the school. He searched for Draco around the halls. He eventually relized that she had her own class to teach, and found where Draco was teaching he smiled and waved,"Hoi, did no one sign up for any of my classes?"

Kevin saw his teacher walk out when no one else showed up to class, which was weird to say the least. Guess he'll have to make a schedule change. He really didn't know anything about Daniel's class or what fine art programs it had, so it was probably for the best. Kevin began to make his way to the counselor to hopefully straighten this out.

Draco looked over to one of the teachers, Daniel, right? Yup, too much time in the office. She blew her whistle, signaling for the students to stop. Many of them skidded across the ground to a halt, many gasping in relief, and some over dramatically collapsing. "Oh, hush, I seriously hope none of you thought school was going to be easy because you all have powers." She strolled across the gym to the Fine Arts teacher. "No one showed up? That's nearly the entire period..." she beckoned the teacher over with her, pulling out her electronic, which had all her notes on it (miraculously because she is infamous for being disorganized and improvising). She sifted through the many class rosters for that year, finding Daniel's and looking it over. "That's... strange... you have a full class, and their energy signatures were all present this morning."

Draco faded away, and a very worried Rio took her place. "Something isn't right, none of these students have any records of deliberately skipping! Hell, some of them cram in at least two Fine Arts!" She flicked her clawed digits across the screen, her green eyes lit with worry. Sky, she made use of the very convenient link she shared with her cofounder, An entire class has gone AWOL, can you pick up their signatures? she named off the full class list to him, I don't have a good feeling about this, at all. There's no reason these kids would sneak out or skip...

"And no one showed up. And the teacher just left." The counselor said to Kevin who nodded in reply.

"Yes, I assume he went to see what was wrong...this isn't normal is it?" Kevin asked.

"No it's not. That's strange. We had the class booked, yet only you showed up." The counselor said, puzzled about what happened.

" I mean, why would anyone ever skip out on a class with a glorious teacher like me!" Daniel exclaimed as he posed dramatically. He could feel the electricty coursing through her tablet and it made him flinch a little. He could feel his emotion sadness of kids missing class that his hand started glow electric blue and fall apart. He stuffed the glowing hand into his pocket and said," Well, any whose, I call me up if the students ar found." He was growing nervous as his body started to glow and fall apart. His trench coat and dress clothes covered up most of it, but his exposed ski. Was starting to peel away and dissolve.

Rio hummed, looking to Daniel, "You better head back to your classroom, just in case Ryker here is correct and they're all just late you the, I'm sure, wonderfully creative class you had planned today." she said sincerely. "Meanwhile, I have just contacted Sky to see if he can find the students' energy signatures, and the only thing we can do is proceed as normal until we know if this was as simple as a misprint or..." She hesitated, and didn't finish her sentence, not willing to admit the more dire option that had plagued her mind. She shut the tablet off, and resumed observing her class.

"We'll get to the bottom of this, in the meantime you'll be transferred over to gym class. It's the most convenient option." The counselor advised as Kevin nodded and walked to the gymnasium where he saw several students and some teachers gathered around. He soon however saw the kid he bumped into earlier, Ryker he believed, and walked up to him.

"W-what's going on?" Kevin asked, still confused about this situation.

"Well us kids in P.E were out for a stroll when apparently an entire Fine Arts class didn't show up," Ryker said shrugging to the kid from earlier. "Also, this ain't that bad of a class," he said looking at mulitple kids sweaty faces and heavy breaths. "Well for me it ain't that bad." He gave a laugh.

Kevin nodded. So there were missing students. This whole thing was so strange.

"I-I hope they find out what's wrong." Kevin said, growing more nervous over what happened to the class.

Daniel erupted into Plasma mode as he left. His glowing blue body lit up the area and he screamed to the sky," FOOLS, I'll hunt you down and serve you to the volcano!" His feet regained structure and he said," Sorry, Have a nice day." Daniel left the gym area and half reformed. Whenever he passed anything producing electricty in the halls, a strong blast of electricty arched between him and the electric producing object.

"It's probably fine, just a schedule mix up perhaps. There are a few kids who don't have class now and thy proably got mixed with the late ones." Ryker said shrugging. To him, it wasn't that big of a deal.Well then he saw Daniel's little thing with Plasma mode. "I don't know what that was though."

Kevin saw the teacher's Plasma mode and naturally his defensive instincts kicked in. Kevin's eyes changed color for a moment before he suppressed those thoughts and began to take deep breathes.

"No...not here…not here." Kevin thought to himself as he began to settle down.

"He's a bit eccentric from what I've heard from other staff." Rio comments, stepping up between her new student and Ryker, "He gets passionate, so he's just releasing that energy in a way that, sadly, isn't arts and crafts." Her arms folded easily in front of her chest. "Now you two get back with the others, we're done with running, and still need to do flexibility."

"Okay, let's go!" Ryker said dashing over to join the others. Despite his age, he was still childish from time to time. "The teachers have pretty cool abilities," he thought to himself grinning.

Daniel finished his journey to his classroom. He sat down and played with his Fidget Cube to regain focus. He set the toy down and stood back up. He turned on his laptop and started up a game of 2048. He looked at the screen in deep concentration and sipped his soda.

"Alright kiddos!" Draco grinned, a draconic coo of sorts escaping her lips, reptilian and humming in the back of her throat in excitement. Some of the kids groaned, they quickly learned that this was the sign of more torture. "I'll be calling you up in groups of five at a time to run various sorts of tests on the mats up here," she waved a clawed hand at the blue rectangles behind her. "Now, I get that flexibility is certainly more of a female thing, but no body has to feel like they need to compare themselves to anyone else, okay? I mean look at me-" suddenly the headmistress dropped to the ground in a perfect split. "And I've been stretching for years to get this far, so obviously some of you might feel this is hopeless. Just aim on reaching the minimum."