• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

Winged Britannia had just finished her second sparing match with Tia when she overheard the conversation. Brit walked over to the group, with Tia right behind her. "Is there any way I could help?" Britannia asked. Tia nodded to the group. Meanwhile, seeing that Ryker had disappeared and the kid he had been sparing with took off, Austin, still in his "advanced" Dumarian form sighed and headed towards a group of kids about his age. "What's up?" he asked them. The group stared at him.

"Crap!" Ryker shouted as he was thrown through a wall. He had been snatched, in a manner, where his friends wouldn't see him, and taken to train with this old school British Superhero, who wanted to make him his apprentice. The man was a great guy, and it was fun to train with him. In fact, he was doing it now.

"C'mon boy. Focus. Don't just try to tank hits. Deliver them!" Captain Rumble shouted before charging to deliver another punch.

Ryker raised his arms and blocked it, but was still sent flying. The boy crashed into the ground. He stood up and brushed the dust off. He gave a smile, because this was pretty challenging, and fun.

Seeing that no one needed him here or wanted to have a conversation with him, Austin left for his home dimension. Seconds later a boy with tan skin, black hair and brown eyes rode through a portal on a motorcycle. The portal closed behind him. Jason Sharp, otherwise known as Circuit in his home dimension, looked at the school with interest. The "motorcycle" changed into its true form, a robotic Thylacine, an extinct species that was more commonly known as the Tasmanian Tiger. This was Thylacine Xtraordinaire-9, or TX-9 for short. Jason looked at his robotic companion and nodded. "Sis said we should check it out. Let's check it out." he said. The two nodded to each other and they started to walk towards the school entrance.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
While Lily was busy having fun with the kids, Andrew excused himself and went outside. Walking towards the school entrance Andrew couldn't help but notice a couple of people he hadn't seen before walking to the school.

Wonder what their story is?

"I'll see if anyone on this island knows about it. Unless they've somehow managed to get a few miles underground, someone must be able to find them." Sky reassured her, kneeling down. "Trust me, I've dealt with a lot of incidents similar to this, and I have a near guaranteed rate of discovery. Unless they happen to be locked in an airtight room with some artificial ventilation. That makes life a bit harder." Sky's mind momentarily flashes back to that specific situation, they quickly snapped back to the present

"Thanks Sky, that means a lot to me" Aurora said. She held Sammy close to her and sighed. "We'll find them Sammy, don't you worry"

"Don't worry hunny. I'll be over there in a flash. Love you."

"Love you to mom."

Kevin hung up his wrist communicator. "Alright, got in contact with mom. Knowing her, she'll be here anywhere from a half hour to five minutes. You can never tell." Kevin said to Aura Oliver flew towards Sammy.

"Despite her erratic nature, Ms. McKnight is a pro hero. She will help find your parents. Don't you worry." Oliver said to Sammy, trying to reassure the young girl. Yuki stood next to Kevin having not said a word.

Last edited:
Seeing as she had nothing better to do Wystria took it upon herself to wander the hallways of the school. She mentally took note to complain about the other custodians, or lack thereof. They couldn't expect one person to clean this entire Campus could they? With a slight pout, she began to mentally compile a list of 'Reasons why I should get a raise.' As she though about the past few days a the list of complains, and legal actions that would likely come with it she came to a realization.

Rio being comatose fell under the category of 'Inability' and thus could not be legally bonded to a contract, and Sky on the other had was just a ball of wind and likewise could not be held legally responsible. Not exactly legal immunity but close enough!

At this point Jason and TX-9 were halfway to the entrance. No one had come out to greet them or anything but that was to be expected. No one knew they were coming, and the ones in charge were most likely busy anyways. They paused for a moment to look the school over yet again, marveling at its size. Jason and TX-9 then continued in the direction that they had been heading. 'How did Natalie even find out about this school anyways?' Jason wondered. He spotted a kid by the entrance. 'Wonder what he's up to?'

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Andrew glanced at the pair. They seemed to take notice of him. Andrew let out a sigh before he moved a little closer to talk to them.

"Hey, who are you guys? Something tells me you're not students." Andrew said, curious as to who two were as well as their reason for being here. Andrew kept his gloved hands in his pockets as he spoke to the pair.

"You're right, we're not. This is Thylacine Xtraordinaire-9, or TX-9 for short." Jason said. He gestured to the robotic Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger). "And I'm Jason Sharp, though in costume I usually go by Circuit." Though of course, no one could see the actual costume unless they had X-ray vision since it was covered by a high tech armor that he operated using his powers.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Andrew raised an eyebrow, the robotic tiger not being something he'd normally see, before he decided to introduce himself.

"Well I'm Andrew, senior student at this school. So what brings you here?" Andrew asked, once more curious. Where they new teachers? Visitors? Friends with one of the staff? Parents? Andrew had no way to know.

Before long the sounds of jet engines could be heard high in the air. Candice McKnight, the Cyber Champion had arrived. Much like before, Candice would jump out of her jet and let it fly itself to a suitable parking spot as Candice began to free fall above Kevin and the others. Candice grinned as she activated her backpack's jets and soon glided down to ground level. She gives a big grin to the group.

"Hello everyone. And hello my little pumpkin!" Candice said as she grabs Kevin and gives him a big hug. Kevin blushed just a bit out of embarrassment.

"G-good to see you too mom." Kevin stumbled as Candice released her hug and turned to the others, taking not of Yuki.

"Oh and who is this?" Candice asked Kevin as he smiled and pointed to Yuki.

"This is Yuki. She's a nice girl I met today." Kevin said as Yuki gave a respectful bow to Candice.

"Nice to meet you." Yuki said as she gave Candice a friendly smile, one Candice soon matched.

"Oh she is too cute. I'm glad you are making more friends. Mommy is very happy for you." Candice said with a smile. Yuki had one thought hidden behind her smile...

Good, that means I've met everyone he is close to...

Sky retched as Candice descended, before regaining his posture. "Miss Candice, could I please ask that you do not use those in my close vicinity? It really doesn't do anything good for me." After Sky had finished speaking, he quietly eyed Yuki, hopefully not noticeable enough for her to see. There was just... Something off about her. The way she was looking at Candice defentiely wasn't normal, but then again, she had just dropped from the sky with a can of poison strapped to her back. But even so, Sky could tell there was something hidden behind that smile. He was almost sure of it

Last edited:
Candice gave a chuckle to Sky. "Good to see you to."

Candice turned her attention to Aurora and Sammy, crouching down to meet them at eye level.

"So girls, I hear you have some missing parents? Well don't worry, we're gonna find them and everything is gonna be okay." Candice said with assurance as Oliver flew up to Candice's left shoulder. Yuki moved next to Kevin, some sweat on the side of her head. Kevin guessed she was tired, or perhaps nervous over something. Either way Kevin felt the need to ask.

"You okay?" Kevin asked as Yuki turned with an apologetic look.

"I'm just worried. I hope they find their parents." Yuki said with a tone of concern as Kevin gave a small smile.

"Don't worry. My mom has a gadget for any situation. She'll find them in no time flat." Kevin said as Yuki gave Kevin a small smile of her own before she wiped away the sweat.

Last edited:
"Kevin! This is urgent!" A girl's voice rang out as she ran towards the group of people. It was June, in one hand a phone and around the other, a half finished gauntlet like device.

She stopped beside Kevin and held up the screen so that everyone could see it. Ryker's face was smiling on it, facing everyone.

"Ryker sent me this video. You might wanna hear it." She said, pressing the button.

"Hey June. It's me, Ryker. I didn't get ransomed or anything, but I need you to show this video to the others after you watch it.
So, hi everyone. So I'm sure you all noticed my sudden disappearance, but I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. So the superhero, Captain Rumble, took me on as his aprentice. And I'm training here with him, in this time capsule. So every standard minute in normal time is two hours, roughly. Anyways I'm training, but should be back soon. Sorry for the sudden disappearance. I'm pretty sure Sky already knows. Anyways, see you soon."

The screen faded to black, and June put the phone away. "I had to let you know what that numbskull did." She turned and looked at Candace. "Who are you?" Then a light bulb went off. "Are you the Cyber Champion, Candace McKnight?"

Candice gave a grin. "That I am, and I take it Ryker is your brother?" Candice asked June.

Kevin thought of everything Ryker said, a frown on his face.

Cool that he gets to train with a pro. Still, I just wish I could train to improve my power. But I need to get control first...

Yuki put a reassuring arm around Kevin. This put those thoughts on hold as Kevin turned to the girl with a small smile. Kevin turned to June.

"Thanks for the update." Kevin said to June.

"Yeah, my twin. It's great to meet you. Are you Kevin's mom?" June replied quickly. It was really cool to meet a pro hero.

Meanwhile, Ryker was actually doing quite well. He, currently was wisting and twirling, avoiding rocks that were hurtled towards him. Then as another larger rock flew towards him, Ryker sudden was cloned, with two versions of Ryker falling in different directions. They, simultaneously spun, rolled and landed on the dirt.

Captain Rumble stepped forward, clapping his hands. "Good job, you're getting better at that ability." The two Rykers merged and the newly formed one flashed a grin and a peace sign at the older man.

Last edited:
Candice gave June a satisfied grin, pulling Kevin close to her as she faced the girl.

"Yep. Been my pride and joy ever since the day I took him in." Candice said, Kevin blushed just a bit at having his mother glomp him while in front of the others.

"My older sister Natalie told me to check it out. She has a friend who goes to this school. I think her name's Ryka." Jason said. TX-9 stood on its hind legs, trying to get a better look at something. "What's up TX-9?" Jason asked the robotic Thylacine. TX-9 dropped down on all fours and let out a cry.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Andrew raised an eyebrow.

"Any idea what...TX-9 is saying?" Andrew asked. He didn't know who this Ryka was, but he had a guess that whatever TX-9 just did involved that girl in some capacity.

"No clue. I don't think my friend programmed him to communicate in English." Jason said. TX-9 let out another call and scratched a name in the dirt. "Did you see her?" Jason asked TX-9. TX-9 nodded and gestured towards the inside of the school. "Well I guess we should go talk to her then." he said to TX-9. Then he turned to Andrew. "It was nice meeting you."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Andrew gave a nod before he began to walk only, only to stop. Andrew wondered about this Ryka girl and decided with nothing better to do to follow the pair as they searched for her.

This day just keeps getting more and more interesting...

"CANNONBALL!!!" A voice rang out, echoing through the sky. The voice was oddly familiar, which June immediately recognized as belonging to Ryker. She looked up to see her twin falling towards the group at an incredible speed. He had bought his knees to his chest and was in the shape of a perfect cannonball.

BOOM!!

The boy crashed into the dirt, skidding ahead, leaving a streak of exposed dirt. He stood up, and he was wearing a completely new outfit, He was wearing a black t-shirt, with an open white hoodie over it, blue jeans, and black converse high tops. Well not entirely new. The colors seemed to be inverted.

He stood up and gave a large grin as he dusted himself off. "Hey guys, what did I miss?"

Winged Britannia opened her mouth to answer when she felt a pulse of magic. 'Where is that coming from?' she wondered. Winged Britannia was not the only one who felt this. Ryka felt it as well. Her eyes widened. 'Why now? Why has it become reactive now?' Ryka thought, panicked.

As Wystria wandered through the halls, lost in thought, her unfocused gaze drifted out the window to the sight of... A falling boy? This was quickly affirmed by the resounding yell of "CANNONBALL!!!"

To be honest she half expected him to face-plant into the ground, though much to her disappointment unexpectedly, he managed to stick a landing. He quickly stood up, flashing a grin to a nearby group of students. Wyst mentally give him a 4/5 for stylish entrance, and a 0/5 for practicality. Nevertheless, he looked rather cool, or would have if she was actually paying attention. However her eyes were currently glued onto the white hoodie draped around his shoulders as she wondered...

How did that Hoodie stay white after sliding through like.... 10 ft of dirt?

Whatever dirt repellent he was using on that hoodie Wyst needed to have it!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily noticed Ryka had developed a panicked expression and was naturally concerned. She walked over to her.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Lily asked Ryka, wanting to know what had the girl on edge.

Kevin was speechless. He only could blink slowly as he starred at Ryker in disbelief. Kevin had seen a lot by this point at this school, so for Ryker to find a way to still surprise him was quite the achievement.

"Uh, hi Ryker. Well, we were making plans to help Aura f-find her parents. Mom even came to help." Kevin said as Candice walked up to Ryker, giving the kid a round of applause.

"Quite the entrance. You'll make quite the eye catching hero when you grow. I can already tell that." Candice complimented. Oliver had rolled its artificial eyes at the display. Yuki remained silent, mostly in shock like Kevin was.

"Thanks!" Ryker said giving a huge grin at Candice's compliment. "You ever hear of the hero, Captain Rumble? Well I got to train with him, and I got way stronger! It was pretty cool. And you haven't seen the best part!"

Then he duplicated. Instead of one Ryker, there was suddenly two standing right next to each other, waving.

"I found new ways to release energy I've stored, like create a complete copy of myself." The right Ryker said. The two became one once more, and Ryker gave a thumbs up. "Easy Peasy, Now what's this about finding Aura's parents?"

Sky raised his eyebrow at seeing Ryker drop out of the sky, especially at the point where he actually managed to stay upright instead of faceplanting like the others who tried the 'Superhero landing'. He mentally gave his a four out of five for style, and a one out of five for practicality, because you know, it's better than parachuting at thirty miles an hour

"Captain Rumble eh? Must have been quite the session. And I can see it paid off. What a nifty ability!" Candice complimented. Kevin gave a nod of approval.

"Yeah, good job Ryker." Kevin said, although he looked at the ground soon after.

Darn it Kevin. Stop thinking like that. Just cause...just cause you can't control your power doesn't mean you have to feel resentment towards others who can and even expand upon them. Ryker worked his butt off to gain this ability, you can't hold that against him just cause you feel insecure...

"Thanks, buts it's no big deal," Ryker said, noticing his friend's reaction. "Like any power it took a while to master. I trained for a pretty long time."

The two Rykers combined once more, and as soon as they were one, Ryker saw June. She was running towards him. Then as she was close, she swung and punched Ryker across the face, knockin him back, letting him fall in the dirt, scuffing up his jeans and sneakers.

"Why do you always do that? Run off, without telling anyone. Constantly fighting. Why can't you lead a normal life once and a while?" She shouted, crying. Tears rolled down her eyes.

Ryker stood up, a bit shocked. To be honest, he never really thought about how everyone else reacted to his antics. He had always been the one of the two to keep them safe. Taking the beatings from bullies and from dad. He just wanted to be stronger.

He walked forward, and for once,bad a soft look in his eyes. "I can't stop. I want to get stronger to protect others. When I saw Viiper's power and the destruction he caused, I wanted to become stronger. Strong enough to protect my friends and you sis. Remember back in the playground. I would always keep you out of trouble and safe. It's who I am. A Defender, and maybe one day, a hero." His voice was soft and quiet.

More tears rolled off June's face, as she pushed him away and ran away, back to her room. Ryker watched silently as she ran.

Wystria, witnessing the entire string of events, marched right up to the group of young and not so young adolescents and proceeded to give Ryker a solid smack upside the head! She shot him a scathing glare and pushed him in the direction of June.

"You know, the correct thing to do in this situation is to chase after her ~" Her voice seemed mellow and had a slight tone of 'matter-of-fact' , but her eyes gleaming with a threatening light that would suggest he had no choice in the matter. She mentally grumbled about how these 'Muscle-head teenagers' had the EQ of a withered stick.Her hands itched to give this kid a questionably violent lesson in 'Human Interaction.'

With a raised eyebrow and a noticeably more displeased voice she said,
"So.... why are you still standing here?"

"Well... That's one way of discipline. I think I tried dangling them off the top of the cliff once, but that's kinda hard to do to kids with superpowers." Sky had a wry smile on his face, knowing that Wystria probably didn't know much about Ryker's powers. But, in a very strange coincidence, as soon as Sky had finished speaking an extremely strong and concentrated gust of wind shot into the girl, sweeping her legs from under her

"Because every time she gets upset, she hates being bothered. When we were young, and Dad upset her, she just needed some time to relax and think. It makes the situation way worse." Ryker said, completely ignoring the smack and the menacing glare.

"I may be her twin, but I'm still her older brother, even if it's by a few minutes. I know when she's upset, and know when to talk to her. She wants to be left alone. Me bugging her won't help much." He said grimmly, turning his back and beginning to walk away.

As he walked away, his back was turned to the others. Then tears, began to silently roll down his eyes. He was always the one to protect June. His body, if not for his powers, would have been broken many times over. Talking would be pointless, because she never seemed to understand. He needed to protect people, and be strong enough to protect those who needed it. Normalcy was seemingly impossible. He could never simply sit back and not do anything. He had to help. Why couldn't she simply understand that. Soon his sadness was developing into rage. Ryker was engulfed in a fire red aura, that danced around him, as he veered a corner and disappeared from sight. He then made a run towards the nearest tree, delivering multiple punches into the trunk.

Crack, Crack, Crash, Thud. In three punches, he knocked the tree down, and the aura had dispersed some.

Meanwhile June, ran back to her room, opening the door, and slamming the door behind her as soon as she entered. She placed the gauntlet in the table, and began to work through tears. She hated her brother's stupidity, and this was all she could do to help him.

It took her the run to her room to consider something. Her brother was selfless, but not enough to keep himself safe. He gave himself no meaning in life other to protect. So she would give him a way to protect himself.

Candice frowned, sympathetic towards Ryker's plight. Kevin was naturally concerned with his friend as he went over and went to place a hand on his shoulder.

"You okay?" Kevin asked his friend. Oliver shook its artificial head at the display.

"Those who live only for others have hollow lives." Oliver said in a low voice, but one Oliver knew Ryker would be able to hear. Yuki looked on surprised by that statement.

Wystria clenched her teeth in fury, her gaze grew cold as she watched Ryker's retreating figure. Under her breath she cursed

"...I never said to bother her, just be there for her. Silent companionship is a lot more meaningful than you'd think."

She scoffed, "Because you're her older brother is exactly why you should never allow her to confine herself to solitude..... even if she thinks that what she wants."

"For once, I agree with you." Bast said . The robotic Egyptian Mau shook her head in dismay. "If only he cared about himself as much as he does for others." Ryka turned to Lily. "Something's happened. I have to go. Please watch them for me." she said. The black cat gestured to the little kids that she had been comforting. Then she ran off in the direction of her dorm. A few minutes later she ran into Brit, who was heading in the same direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryker heard Oliver's statement, but couldn't come up with a solid rebuttal. It made too much sense, which was a bad thing. Was that all he was? A shell of a person, a shield for others, with no other purpose.

In this bit of turmoil, he remembered his father. The man's drunken breath, blackened nails, his horrible stench. He wasn't a man who you could rely on and lean on. The man saw Ryker and his sister, as a waste of space. Servants to him, or things that got in his way. Ryker was his favorite and least favorite. He could do more, was stronger, and a harder worker. But he wouldn't obey him unless his father used some sort of leverage. Which was June. June never really received the beatings, the hard work, and didn't know the full extent of her father's rage and evil. Ryker did. He was raised to be a shield and protect his sister. Along the way, he lost a sense of himself.

"Maybe, I'm just a human punching bag. But maybe, by doing that, I live for myself. Why would I have came here, if I didn't want to. I had lost my sister, and was alone. Going here was a leap of fate. Maybe I live for myself by protecting others." Ryker made a fist with his right hand, and put it across his chest.

He gave a grin and a nod. He ran over past, the group, boosting his speed, incredibly. He was boosting the output on his legs to increase his overall speed. The wind whistled around him as he ran. He skidded to a stop outside of June's dorm, and began to run up the stairs. He received a good amount of cuss words from some of the other girls in the dorm, who weren't pleased to see a boy running through their dorm. He stopped at June's door (Her name, along with another girl's was over the door frame) and he waited for her to answer.

June opened the door, and Ryker smiled. "I'm a human punching bag. Neither of us can change that. But I'm still a person. I'm sorry I forgot about that." He said softly and apologetically.

June gave a warm smile and said, "Thanks, it means a lot. Now shoo, I have to work." Then she slammed the door in his face. Some of the girls snickered at this, while the rest shouted a few, quite rude phrases to try to get him out of the dorm.

Aurrea had chosen to stand back and watch the scenes before her play out, it was all quite touching to say the least. And that was saying something, since while Aurrea had good intentions at heart, she more often than not usually wasn't deeply concerned with the personal matters of this world that was not hers. The ghostly, flaming dragon stood up, glancing around the grounds and noticing that many students seemed to be wandering aimlessly. She remembered her little speech, telling everyone to try and let the recent events boil over for them, and to her surprise it seemed most of the students seemed to have real actively quickly start slipping into twiddling their thunders.

"Well then!" She chirped, her voice booming throughout the school grounds, flaring her wings as if she were stretch in and her eyes filling with mirth as she saw some far off students jump from surprise. "It seems I've underestimated humans and their incredible coping skills. I guess, if it seems we have nothing better to do, we might as well finish today off like a normal day!"

She grinned devilishly, "Unfortunately, it seems we can only fit in the final classes, so I might as well round up the teachers and you students might as well go to your final classes! And then some shuteye is in order, I do believe!" Although, it seems Aurrea's job wax made easy, as students and teachers alike, those that she could see at least, started trickling to the intact classrooms.

Oh yes, intact. "If you happen to have physical education, lucky you, you get to meet the substitute teacher along he beach!" And then, Aurrea flew back into the school, shrinking her ethereal form, and slipped into Rio's office. She gazed out the window, before her mood turned somewhat somber, she would have to at least try and give Rio a head start on the paperwork concerning the... KIA students.