• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

Toby let Suzy wipe away his tears as he looked down in helplessness. "I would love to ask you what is wrong and how I can help, but I am afraid that asking will only make it worse." He grew restless and began to shift his weight from one foot onto the other. Suzy was his best and only friend here, and he would not let her suffer if he could help her.

Suzy patted Toby's back, and said, "There's nothing wrong, really," Suzy responded, "If you really want to help, just stop asking me about the afterlife. I know you're curious, but there are some things I can't say."

Suzy would then hug Toby herself, and said, "Don't worry about a thing, and everything will be alright."

As Suzy hugged Toby, he lost pretty much all of his restraints and bawled his eyes out as he hugged her back. "I know I shouldn't worry, b-but I can't stand the t-thought of you suffering. I-I don't want that to happen!" He felt absolutely devestated, his first friend after discovering his powers who isn't family could be suffering right now and he couldn't do anything about it. "I-I wish that I could do something, an-anything at all!'

"I'm not suffering, and I don't have to suffer," Suzy responded to Toby, "You don't have to do anything, please. Just stop worrying. Trust me, it'll just make this situation so much easier." Suzy rubbed Toby's back, trying to soothe him. Suzy did find it a little reassuring that Toby really did care about her, but she knew that he didn't need to worry about the whole ordeal. It was her problem only, no one else could step in even if they wanted to.

"D-do you promise to tell me if something's wrong?" Toby had stopped crying but his breathing had yet to calm down. "Y-you can't just say that I should stop worrying, because I'll worry anyway. I worry about the people I care about, you can't change that." He said as his breathing calmed down. "I am a certified mother hen and a crybaby, that's what I am. Not the best combination, but I'll have to deal with it. I'll try my best not to worry but I can't be sure about that." He said as he noticed he had been crying on Suzy's clothes. "Uh oh, I think I messed up your clothes."

Suzy sighed, and put her forehead unto Toby's forehead. "I promise," Suzy responded, "If it makes you worry less, then I'll be sure to tell you if I ever experience any kind of problem. But, please, I can handle myself, so don't feel the need to be constantly worry about my problems."

Suzy looked down at her shirt, and noticed that Toby's tears had made it wet. "Oh, no, it's no problem," Suzy responded, "I can just wash it later, but I guess it'd be a bit uncomfortable to wear it right now." Suzy would then take off her t-shirt, right on the spot in front of Toby, only to reveal her wearing a pink athletic tank top under the shirt.

"You better keep that promise, or I am going to launch you sky high even though that is an empty threat given I would catch you." Toby said as he grinned and scratched the back of his head, it began to become a habit of his. As Suzy took off her t-shirt, Toby felt his cheeks turn red. "I-I'll give you some privacy." He stuttered as he turned around and put on his mask, albeit upside down so he saw absolutely nothing. "Say it when you're done, okay?" He said with a slightly muffled voice and a blush that was visible even with his mask on.

Suzy had no idea why Toby started hiding himself under his mask, all she did was take off her shirt. She didn't even have anything revealing underneath, as it was just her tank top, though she thought that it could be a bit provocative, but she didn't really care personally.

"All I did was take my shirt off," Suzy said, "You don't have to worry about seeing me in my bra or something, since I'm wearing a tank top underneath, so you can look."

"If you say so." Toby took off his mask before turning around and seeing that Suzy spoke the truth. "Umm, yeah. I didn't know how far you would go so I took precautionary measures." He still wasn't that keen on Suzy changing right in front of him, he couldn't force her not to do it but it still was unexpected for him. "Sorry about that, didn't really expect that." He said as he donned a bit of a forced smile.

Toby sighed as he sat down on the floor. "I overreacted, okay? My parents always told me to give people who are changing their clothes some privacy, and I tried to give you some albeit in a less than ideal way. I probably should have thought that one through."

Last edited:
Kevin and Aura quickly went to Ryker's aid, as they helped him to his feet but Ryker appeared to be out of it; knocked out as a result of not just the sudden kitsune blow but all of the damage he sustained during his oddly-raged and crazed spar session. Oliver flew up to Kevin's shoulder and performed a quick scan of Ryker's body.

"He's stable, but his body has certainly been through the ringer. Internal damage in just about every major area. It would be wise to take him to the nurse." Oliver advised as Kevin & Aura nodded and quickly worked to carry their friend over there while Oliver remained close to the trio.

----------
"Well we could go for another round, go check to catch the other fights or something. Whatever you want really." Rebecca suggested with a smile to Kendra as she left the choice in the winged one's hands.

He had been walking around the hall. "Where is everybody else..." He thought, looking around. "Man, if I'm late for this next Period my teacher will KILL me!" he thought, turning another corner. "If only I could ask somebody for directions around this place...Even if i'm not that new, I can't even make my way around! Man, I look like a idiot..."

Toby stifled a moan as he let himself fall backwards onto the floor. "Tobias Augustus Oxton, you bloody fool. Stop being so stubborn and get some rest before you do something you'll regret." He said as he rubbed his face. "You're right. All you did was take off your shirt and you had a tank top underneath, I should try to worry less and get some rest!"

Suzy would then also sit on the floor and she would then go closer to Toby. She then brushed Toby's hair aside.

"No, no. You're right, I shouldn't have done something like that in front of you," Suzy said, "It's my fault for thinking that it wasn't a big deal, and you're not overreacting, this is completely normal."

Suzy would then lay down right next to Toby and started staring at the cieling. "Ya' know, this reminds of when I was with my aunt," Suzy said, "Me and her would lay right next to each other, and stare into the beautiful night sky. I would always try to count the stars, even if it seemed impossible. Those kind of memories always seem to soothe me whenever I'm stressed and want to relax, maybe we could make memories like that as friends."

Toby listened to Suzy talk. "That sounds nice, perhaps I should think of my happy memories when I feel like I am going mad. It seems to be effective. I hope that we can make such memories, it sounds like it is worth it." A small smile appeared on his face, and although it was smaller than his regular 1000 watt smiles it was more genuine than them. He stared at the ceiling in comfortable silence for a while before talking again. "Hey, Suzy? Thanks for y'know, sticking with me for this long. I really appreciate that you are still willing to be my friend."

Suzy made a confused expression, and got up to face Toby. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be willing?" Suzy asked. "I mean, I don't see anything wrong with being your friend. You seem to be really nice, even though your past hasn't been, which I admire. You're a great guy, Toby, and anybody would be lucky to be your friend."

"I am still new to having friends who think powers are not scary, old habits die hard I suppose. Even if I hid my powers long enough, my mask would usually unnerve people enough to avoid me." Toby said as a slight blush appeared on his face. "So that's why. If anyone is lucky, it would be me. After all, I met you on my first day."

"You don't have to worry about hiding your powers here anymore, though," Suzy responded, "No one here will fear them, as we all have powers of our own. And if your mask makes people feel nervous, then...I don't think you should wear it." Suzy looked away a bit as she blushed herself. "I mean, I know you have those insecurities about your scar and all, but...I don't really think you look bad at all." Suzy blushed a bit more as she said that.

Suzy's blush would keep getting deeper in color as Toby said he was lucky to have met her. "Wha-!?" Suzy exclaimed, "I-I'm really not that special, honestly! There's no need to compliment me like that!"

Last edited:
"You might have a point, maybe I will drop the mask until I am a hero. Who knows?" Toby seemed to be rather shocked as Suzy said that she thought he didn't look that bad. "Well, uhh. Thank you." He said as he looked away, clearly flustered about the compliment. He was not used to getting compliments so he had no idea how to react.

"You can say that, but you are special to me and always will be. It is up to you to accept or deny that." Toby said as he got up from the ground and sat on the ground.

Suzy just chuckled, and nudged Toby's arm. "Isn't it a bit early to say I'm special to you?" Suzy asked, "I mean, we haven't even known each other for a full day." Suzy would then get closer to Toby, and said in the best seductive voice she could, "Or...are you trying to ask me out?"

Suzy would then burst out laughing, and said, "I'm just joking, obviously!" She would then nudge Toby's arm again.

"There is no time like the present." Toby looked Suzy right into her eyes as he winked. "You're a clever one aren't you? Saw right through me. I like that, when are you free?" Toby tried his best to stay serious before slowly bursting into laughter.

"Oh man, I am such a terrible flirt. I need to try harder next time." Toby said as he chuckled and nudged her arm in response to her nudge.

Last edited:
He looked out a window. "ITS NIGHT! Daaaammmm I'm trapped in a school. Just need to find the school's key's. Right?" He thought, turning a hallway. "A open window...? I-Is anybody else in here?!" He perished the thought. But it was logical. "Oh well. No time to dwell on it...I got other stuff to dwell on." He said, climbing out of the window. he fell and landed into a bush. "Can this get any worse?" he thought. "Yes it could." he quickly answered.

"What time is it exactly? I feel like I have only been here for a few hours but people do say that time flies when you're having fun. I don't have a watch on me and I've yet to find a clock so I am at a bit of a loss." Toby said as he grinned sheepishly at Suzy. "That date you mentioned does sound like fun, and we don't have to call it a date. It can just be two friends hanging out. What do you say?"

Erin nodded. "Is it safe to pick him up?" she asked. The girl looked down at Ryker. The kitsune looked on. Meanwhile, Kendra thought for a moment. "Let's go see what the others are doing." she said.

"I think so, we just need to be careful." Kevin said to Erin as he and Aura went to pick Ryker up as he still seemed out of it; limp as both friends moved to help their friend as their goal was to try and get him to the nurse's office.

----------
"Sure, sounds like a plan." Rebecca said with a smile as she would begin to walk back to the others, moving at a pace so Kendra could easily follow her and keep up.

He sprang from the bush, looking around. "Nobody." He thought. He got out of the bush, Walking slowly away. He picked leafs from his hair. "Man, This could get very bad if somebody see's me..." He thought. He quickly walked toward a Cabin, unlocking the door. "How was school, Kiddo?" His dad said, setting a plate of chicken on the table. "Fine, I guess." They replied, sitting down. He started to eat the chicken. "Thanks, I guess..." he said, shrugging.

"Next time?" Suzy asked, "Are you actually planning on asking me out?" She then chuckled as she nudged Toby's arm once again.

"It really shouldn't be that late," Suzy answered, "After all, they cancelled classes today, so I think it's around 2 or 3." Toby then mentioned if they wanted to go on a date. "You sly dog," Suzy retorted, "So you are planning on taking me out on a date." She then chuckled once more. "Fine, we can go hang out, but first I oughta' change out of this" Suzy said as she emphasized her tank top.

Suzy then got up, and said, "I'll be back in a jiffy," as she headed towards the bathroom in her dorm room to get changed.

Toby couldn't resist smiling as he got up. "Take your time, I am in no hurry," He said as Suzy went to the bathroom. "Besides, I can use the time to calm down. Never thought that she'd agree with it." He chuckled. "She's an unique one, in the most positive meaning of the word. I just hope that I don't disappoint her with this. Probably should've thought up a plan before asking her, but that is a tip for later. Right now all that matters is that she has a nice time and gains some positive memories to cheer her up when she's feeling down." He said to himself as he began to walk back and forth.

"Alright, I'm ready," Suzy announced as she got out of the restroom with her new outfit on. She wore a black jacket with a white shirt under it, a purple frilled skirt, and knee-length boots with her hair all in a perm with a light purple bow on it.

She then twirled around, and asked, "What do you think?"

Toby turned around to look at Suzy and was pleasantly surprised. "I think that you look amazing." After complimenting her, he looked down to himself. He wore his regular clothes and he didn't feel like they were appropriate for a date. "Should I change to or?"

Suzy bowed, and said, "Why, thank you, my good man. The compliment is much appreciated." Suzy then chuckled at herself for her failed attempt of being posh.

"If you want to," Suzy responded, "But where is your luggage, anyway? You can't change into new clothes without it, after all."

"The brother of my mother desired to be in possession of my lugagge, young lady. So if I desire to don an outfit befitting of the situation, I shall have to visit him." Toby decided to play along with Suzy's posh accent and did a much better job at it as he bowed.

"In modern English, that means that my uncle has my lugagge and I'd have to visit him to change. Which I might do as I look like some kind of street thug compared to you." He grinned as he scratched the back of his head.

"But what if I like your little 'street thug' look?" Suzy asked jokingly before she started chuckling at her own joke. "Sure, we can go to your uncle's house," Suzy said, "But I wonder what your uncle will think when you bring a girl home." Suzy then chuckled and headed out of her dorm room, waiting for Toby to lead the way to his uncle's house.

"Then you just tell me and I'll keep wearing this, not that big of a deal. But even though I might look like a thug, I don't steal. Except for the occasional heart." Toby said as he left the dorm and made his way outside. "Knowing my uncle, he would order me to take good care of you, no matter if we are in a relationship or not. After that he'd probably treat you like an old friend. He isn't someone who thinks that having many girl or boyfriends is something to be proud of if someone does it to brag to their friends about it. If the relationship just doesn't work out he doesn't mind, but Heaven forbid if you dumped someone just because they bored you." He chuckled at the thought of it.

"He personally thinks that one should do their best in any relationship and only break up if it doesn't work out, and it worked for him. He'd have been married for 5 years this year. His wife, my aunt, died in..." Toby stopped and took some deep breaths before continuing in a slightly shaky voice. "I'm sorry, but may I tell that some other time? It is a topic I don't really talk about." He said as his voice steadied itself again.

Last edited:
"Well..." Suzy thought over her decision, and responded, "Meeting your uncle wouldn't be such a bad thing, I think, so let's get you changed and preppy for our little date and I can have a chat with your uncle and see what he's like. Hopefully, he's as great of a man as you take him out to be, but I don't doubt you."

When Toby mentioned his aunt, Suzy went to immediately go and comfort him by hugging Toby. "It's okay," Suzy said, "You've already told me enough today. But, if you ever feel comfortable to tell me, know that I'll be there to listen."

After a moment of silence, Suzy tried to lighten the mood, and said, "Well, come on big guy! Lead me all the way to your place! I want to meet the big man himself personally!" She then held Toby's hand.

As Suzy hugged Toby, any potential tears he might've had seemingly disappeared and he smiled. "Thank you, I will talk to you once I feel comfortable." Inwardly he thanked his lucky stars for letting him meet Suzy, meeting her was without a doubt one of the best things that ever happened to him.

"You make it sound like I am from a family of giants, I am not that big!" Toby chuckled as she held his hand and he felt that he began blushing. "Alright, let's go then on our wonderful journey!" He joked as he walked towards a standalone house.

Suzy chuckled, and nudged Toby's arm. "I didn't mean it literally, silly," Suzy responded, "I just called you guys 'big' because I was trying to make an emphasis, and tease you a bit while I was at it."

Suzy then noticed the standalone house as the two made their way closer to it. She wondered how it would be in the inside of Toby's house.

"Well, you succeeded at it!" Toby said as he nudged Suzy's arm back and opened the door of the house. "Welcome to the house of me and my uncle." He said as he bowed.

The house was surprisingly bright and comfy. The walls were a light shade of blue and the furniture appeared rather comfortable, there were several scented candles around, but nowhere near the amount of Suzy's room. The closet was filled with all kinds of trinkets and pictures, one picture was enlarged to resemble a painting in size rather than a photograph and it showed a family with a young boy, a young man who looked just like Toby minus the scar and his eyes, a woman who had the same eyes as Toby and no other resemblance to him and a second man who didn't resemble anyone on the picture and seemingly was kneeling besides the boy and ruffled his hair, all of the people shown had a large and happy grin on their faces. Besides the big picture were three scrolls, one on each side of the picture and one above it; 'Bad times will pass. They might pass like a kidney stone, but they will pass.', 'The love of a parent always stays with their child, no matter their age or actions.', 'Bad times happen to everyone, but they should not only be regretted or mourned. They should be used to grow as a person and to realise that you can do some things differently than previously thought.' A man sat on the couch with a cup of something, presumably coffee as he noticed Toby and Suzy.

"Hey Toby, come in. I see you brought a friend?" The man put down his coffee and walked towards his guests and shook the hand of Suzy. "My name is Jack Oxton, Tobias' uncle and legal guardian. What's your name, miss?" Jack asked her in a smiliar fashion Toby always behaved, incredibly optimistic and happy-go-lucky. Toby himself just smiled and let his uncle talk.

Wystria

Dipping into a curtsey, the maid responded curtly, "Gladly." Turning on a dime with her heels, Wyst gave a soft grunt of affirmation to Candice's statement then immediately dove into her shadow space, tethering the darkness of the underground room to a random shadow on the surface, which just so happened to be the shade cast by the walls of the school building. The faint shadow darkened until it was the hue of the night sky, and out of the darkness emerged Wystria. She curtsied towards the shadowy passage behind her as she awaited Sky's emergence.

Celia

'Hello~ I hear you loud and clear', the Dryad winked at Echo, smiling brightly. It seems the flowers had nothing to do with their telepathic bond, it was still as present as it was before with no noticeable changes to the connection.

Once Suzy entered Toby's house, she noticed the quaint feeling it had with it's decoration and space. She really liked it. The house seemed really cute to her.

Toby's uncle then shook Suzy's hand, and, for some reason, she seemed kind of nervous. "Uh...my name is Suzy Parks, sir," Suzy told Jack Oxton, Toby's uncle's name. The reason she was nervous was because she hoped she could make a good first impression on Toby's uncle without looking like an idiot.