• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Zack looked down to the cables on his body, "Taking in to account that information and the fact that I still have these restraints on me, I'm unsure to say the least, anyways it was nice to meet you, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask Savage instead of me, I myself am feeling a bit tired from the commotion on the roof." Zack closed his eyes, though they opened only a few seconds later, "So you aren't another voice then, well sorry we got off on the wrong foot, hi my name's Savage, if I remember correctly you are Suzy, nice to meet you."

"Why hello there, Savage," Suzy responded, "And you got it right, the name's Suzy. And don't worry about a thing, you're fine. It seems that you are very close with Zack. That's nice."

Suzy then asked a question that she hoped she'll get the answer for, "So, Savage, what is the deal with you and Zack? How come you two share a body?"

"I said it once, I'll say it again. I'm not gonna move." Ray said glaring at her. "And the more time you spend dealing with me, the more time your class is unattended. Bring me back and I'll disrupt the class."
--
"I don't know if I will be able to help. My power isn't very useful," Landon said a bit solemnly.
--
"Good job Cade," Ryker said giving a grin and a thumbs up towards Cade after he confronted his bully.

Wystria

"Aww, that's adorable, but I wasn't asking for your opinion." A radiant smile blossomed on the maid's face, and she giggled softly. Had anyone ever heard of a chicken that wanted to be eaten? Or a villain that wanted to be arrested? The simple fact of the matter was that it wasn't up to them, and similarly, it wasn't up to Ray. It was simply a matter of who was the dominant force. If chickens had taken over the world then humans would've probably been the ones served up on their dinner plates.

Disregarding her pointless musings, Wystria whipped her hand through the air at a frightening speed, leaving nary but an illusory afterimage. Her hand instantly reached Ray's forehead, and she playfully flicked it. The point of contact between her finger and his forehead naturally produced a shadow the size of her finger, and in the milliseconds of contact between her finger and the student's forehead, she'd infused that small shadow with almost half the magic power in her body. Her hair flicked back to its dark-fuschia origin for a brief moment as the mass of magic left her.

The tiny shadow on Ray's head grew explosively until it took the form of a massive serpent that was coiled gently but firmly around his body. It wouldn't be enough to hurt the student, but he certainly wouldn't be escaping it anytime soon. Well, the serpent hadn't coiled around his feet, so if he could handle its weight then he'd still be free to waddle away. Though, watching the serpent as it continued to grow Wystia immediately dismissed that thought. Unless he had the fortitude of a world-class weightlifter, he'd probably soon collapse under the serpent's weight, after which it would slither back to the classroom with its hostage. Even on the off-chance that he did have the strength of a world-class weightlifter, she could always just feed the serpent more of her magic and consequently increase its size. grew

"You just gotta think positively! I'm sure your power can help us, I believe in you. You just have to believe in you!" Emily encouraged with a cheeky grin but had truly believed what she was saying as she and the other students waited for what the teacher wanted them to do.

---------------

As Candice walked to find Zach, she happened to see what appeared to be a shadow serpent as it dragged a student away. Candice took a moment to pause as she watched the shadow slither away with said student as she had to admit even she had not expected to see that today.

This school is just full of new surprises...

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Victoria grinned at the class as she decided it was as good as time as any to explain how things worked.

"Alright class, as you can see a little obstacle course has been set up. The goal here is for you and your partner to work together and find ways to use your abilities to make it through each section one after the other. The first section here is to get from the starting point over to the swings. But be careful..." Victoria said before a series of rubber spikes appeared to pop up from the ground. However, these spikes had rounded ends and the material was rather soft as to avoid causing the children any pain. However, it would halt forward progression should a student bump into one as the "spikes" went up in down in an organized sequence. With one or two that moved up and down irregularly.

"....you'll have to watch your step. And get past those pesky obstacles along the way. Once each pair has made it across or requires my assistance to make it across will will advance to the next section. I'll see you all there." Victoria said as she gave her instructions to the clas.

Emily and Sammy listened to the professor's instructions before they gazed at the numerous obstacles as they moved up and down in irregular sequences. Both turned to their partners.

"Say, you think that you could bounce on those things?" Emily asked Landon with a cheeky grin.

"Hum...not sure what to do here. Have any ideas Mika?" Sammy asked Mika as both girls sought to think of ways to progress through the field to the swings.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Share a body... I don't understand what you're talking about." Savage thought about it for a second, "Oh that, yes at first glance it may seem that way, but I have no control over his body, though sometimes, such as now, I am given the opportunity of speaking. Honestly I have no idea where I came from, one day I was just here. When I first met Zack he was an insane savage with no clear future or hope. I provided the moral compass he needed and suggested he find a place to stay and come here to become a hero and find the people that killed his parents. Of course the incident up on the roof was a result of my limited influence and control on him."

Looking around in awe, Echo took a second to stop and admire the building. There wasn't a lot she had seen in her life, but this was by far the most impressive. Just the scale of everything, built into a mountain. After starting for another minute, she finally managed to actually enter the subject of her admiration and again looked around, but in confusion. There weren't any signs she could see, and the office nearby was empty. So she chose a hallway at random, and set off in the hopes that she could find find somewhere to apply. At least, she assumed that was how it worked. What Echo was looking for, she didn't really know, but it was better than standing around in the foyer doing nothing.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Mika thought of ways she could do this herself but Sammy was with her and she didn't want to go without Sammy. If the Spikes went in a pattern, she could literally just perfectly copy the route that another team went if they didn't use powers but she didn't want to wait there until second last does something like that since that would look bad. Mika pondered over what they could do. Neither of their powers would work. Mika had an idea but she was scared to do it, especially since it involved her secondary power.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ash listened to Matt's "confession" as well as the reminder of his powers by being a literal fly on the wall which caused Ash to frown.

"Then why did you act like you were here? One to mess around with people I take it?" Ash asked, though her frown vanished as it was clear she had not been actually upset by this.

"So, you can turn into anything? That's pretty cool." Ash admitted, which only reminded her of her own limited power as a comparison though she aimed not to dwell on that for now.

Mat shrugged at the question. The power was quite confusing, so explaining could take from 5-30 minutes. He sighed a little before beginning his Extremely collapsed version of his power.

Mat lifted his hand up to maybe explain his power. "Well, a bit more complicated. More like I can only turn into something I know well. Most of the time I create my own creatures, bringing them to life through my transformations. Mostly because they are easier." His arm began to change, like scales flowing down his arm and claws starting to come from his fingers. Mat's arm shrunk quite a bit before the scales jerked into place with a "SNAP" revealing a reptilian-like arm. "The fly was mainly a test, also because now I can be a literal fly-on-the-wall. Might come in handy.

Suzy listened to Savage's story, and was quite enticed. Unlike with Kevin and Number 2, Savage had no idea of where he came from. This did make Suzy question his existence, but it seemed like she wouldn't be able to get a clear answer from Savage if she just asked because even he doesn't know the answer.

So, Suzy decided to keep up the small talk. "Oh, I see," Suzy said, "Though, it does seem kind of ironic that your name is Savage, considering you're suppose to be the calm and collected one."

Celia

Given that she had a free period and the nurse's office hadn't had any visitors the entire day, the young dryad, being the temporary assistant to the nurse, found herself with nothing to do. That wasn't exactly an issue per say... she was a tree after all, and quite used to spending years at a time 'rooted' in place. So that's exactly what she did, she stepped into the hallway, found a window and began basking herself in the sunlight. Her leaves unfurled, and the flowers adorning her canopy seemed to flush with vibrancy. While standing in place, she'd unknowingly pierced impromptu roots through the hall's tiling and into the ground beneath, the Volcanic soil being quite a peculiar taste for the dryad.

Aura laughed a bit as June attacked Ryker. She turned to June and Erin and gave a small smile, "We'll find people to train with, don't worry" She said hopefully.

Aura quickly shuffled over to Aaron. "Are we still going to train this evening or would you rather another night?" She murmured.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Savage gave a little laugh, having just realized the irony of his name, "It is rather ironic isn't it, though it makes sense in context. You see Zack named me when we first met, he believed I was his final push into insanity and so he deemed me Savage. It definitely isn't the name I would give myself, but it's what I was given so in my mind it's perfect." Zack burst into laughter saying, "Savage, you think that's how you got your name because of an accident? I gave you that name for the soul purpose of it being ironic! Do you really think I'd give a voice a proper name?" His laughter grew as Savage spoke up with confusion and concern in his voice, "Wait, but I could've sworn that I was right or at least that I remembered the day you named me. I mean I know that it's you I'm talking about, but that's a low blow." Zack finally calmed down and shifted his attention to Suzy, "Can you believe that guy, thinking I'd give him a real name, hysterical!"

Walking around and finding just about nobody (Echo assumed they were in class), she continued her blind stumbles until she eventually came across a row of several windows overlooking the vast forest below the volcano. It took her a second more to spot the girl standing next to one of them. She'd seen a few things in her life, but a tree girl was definitely a first, and most likely would be the last. Quietly approaching the dryad, she gave a small tap on the nearby window, wincing at the awkwardness of it. You'd think that she'd be used to it by now, but Echo had never really got used to trying to catch the attention of somebody.

Suzy merely chuckled awkwardly, and said to Zack, "Yep, definitely."

Before Suzy could say anything else, though, she felt some type of pressure pulling her. Her time was up.

Before she left, she said to Zack, "Welp, it's time for me to go. May it go well for you in the long run, Zack and Savage." And like that, Suzy was out of Zack's mind and went back to her body.

Once in her body, Suzy's eyes opened and she started breathing heavily.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily glanced over to Suzy who seemed to jolt herself awake which likely meant she had finished whatever it is she was doing with her soul out of her body.

"Hey, you okay? Did you see anything interesting?" Lily asked Suzy, as she had naturally been curious about what Suzy encountered during her spectral trip through campus.

------------
"Huh, seems to be some sort of boys & girls gathering by over there." Serenity pointed out, as she happened to glance over towards where that "infamous" trio of freshmen had been as two groups divided by gender seemed to form. Though for what reason or purpose seemed unclear.

"Probably some after class training thing. Or maybe some boys versus girls game. Not like we haven't done that before." Diego pointed out as Serenity had to admit she did remember those childish games. Which made her smile as she seemed fond of it, before she returned to her usual expression.

-----------
Ash listened to Matt as he explained his abilities to whatever detail he could given the circumstances. And his summarized version told the story and she even seemed in aww of his physical demonstration he provided. His power was quite impressive and had much versatility to it.

Compared to her own ability, which was not even mastered fully and lacked the same dynamic effect of Matt's. Which caused her to frown, but she shook that thought out as she smiled at him.

"Wow, that is pretty cool." Ash admitted to the shapeshifter.

"Training? Say would you girls mind if I tag along. Even bring my little sister along for the ride." Rebecca asked Aura, who seemed to bare a resemblance towards Emily's friend Sammy. If they in fact had a relation, this little girl's after class training thing could be rather fun and just the think to help further develop Emily's skills and give some needed social interaction.

-----------
Candice arrived at the body of the student who made the attack on the roof, and crouched down beside him as she aimed to revive him.

"Hey, you okay?" Candice asked, as despite his actions he was still a student and as a teacher she had to consider his safety as well.

Mat grimmaced as he changed his arm back from scales to skin. He made sure to cover the arm with his sleeve before doing so though. The flesh seemed to grow back over the scales loosly before tightening back onto the body.

It had the feeling of blades cutting his skin from the inside, but like most pain, the more it was used, the easier to cope.

"It is neat, but there is one downside. It hurts. My whole body was forced into a new shape with new functions. This one was just scales. I have one creature that makes me want to die to use. But it's strong." Mat said. He used the term creatures as if they weren't him, but some other organism.

"Oh, yeah. You're... Rebecca right? Emily's sister?" Aurora asked, "I may as well bring Sammy along as well"

"Hey that's 6 people, 5 if you include Emily and Sammy as the same person, because they basically are in terms of personality"

Celia

Her leaves rustling, the dryad pause during for a moment. Her head swiveled about her neck as she stared a tree a certain newcomer who'd apparently been staring at her. She'd heard that in human society people who watched others at a distance were called something like 'stalkers'. She, admittedly, didn't know much about stalkers apart from what she'd heard, and had assumed they'd be a good thing. That being said the dryad was absolutely gleeful at the thought that she might've acquired a 'stalker' and a new friend.

Her face blossomed into smile she and she I rooted herself and rushed over to the window. "Hi! What's your name? Are you a stalker? Do you want to be my friend?" Celia beamed, her excitement palpable. Though her questions were ... well, questionable ... they were truly well intentioned. She just happened to be a bit... 'naïve'.

Rebecca had a chuckle at that. It was true, her sister and Sammy from what Emily had said about Sammy and what little Rebecca herself had seen seemed to say they were peas in a pod to put it mildly.

"I can see that. And yes I am Rebecca. I'm sure Emily would appreciate you bringing Sammy along." Rebecca added on with a small smile as she felt she had made a good decision.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I see, well that is a part of powers. You need to take the good with the bad." Ash explained, before she reached into her pocket and pulled out a coin before she faced Matt.

"For instant, the good of mine are I have a fairly good control at giving bad luck to others. I'll demonstrate. I'll give you five bucks if you flip this coin seven times and it land on heads even once." Ash explained as she passed Matt the coin while she already put some of her bad luck energy from her body.

Last edited:
Mat heard three things of what she said. Luck, flip, bucks. He looked at the coin while taking it. "Bad luck huh?" Mat said before placing it on the tip of his finger. Cheat the system, change the rules. Aim for tails. He thought to himself.

Mat continued focusing on the tails before taking the flip. "Bad luck means that I'm gonna flip tails if I want heads right?"Mat asked while flipping the coin. "I already have rotten luck, so a habit of mine is to hope for the opposite. I aim Tails." He said before stepping back for the coin to fall into place.

Echo froze at the onslaught of questions, unable to say anything. The best response she was able to muster up was a quiet "hi," despite the fact that she dearly wanted to to deconfirm the 'stalker' claim suddenly directed at her. The closest thing to an answer was to simply ask, "Your friend?" In a questioning tone

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Unfortunately, it appeared that Matt's "habit" to try and trick the hands of fate by acting as if he wanted it to land on tails he ended up getting his verbal wish as an invisible black energy coated the coin and caused it to land on tails. Ash glanced at Matt before she decided to speak up.

"Typically it bends fate in my favor. Whether it is giving me good luck, even if I am not good at that yet, or giving others bad luck. Though luck can only go so far." Ash explained, which highlighted the fact that her luck powers could manipulate things in her favor but not guarantee everything and had some limits. Even if Ash kept what they were to herself so far.

Suzy looked at Lily, and responded in a whisper, "Something really interesting, that's for sure. It's this kid named Zack, Grade 9, and he has sort of the same situation as Kevin, just not as serious. It's quite pleasant, actually. He has this voice inside of him named Savage, and, despite the name, is quite a nice....person(?). They both seem to share their body in unison and peace, unlike Kevin and Number 2, and seem to get along well. I don't think they're any kind of threat, but they do seem to be getting in trouble lately."

Celia

"Oh yes!" she chirped, nodding her head in a rather exaggerated fashion. "My friend! Oh, but I guess you'd be wondering who I am in the first place! I'm Celia Scarlatti, a hamadryad from a Scarlet Wisteria tree." She pointed to the flower buds growing from her wooden horns- faint hints of an orangish-red present on the unbloomed petals- as if the mere sight of her flower buds should've been enough for anyone to recognize what type of tree she'd been.

Amystella

Seated in mid-air, completely invisible to most forms of perception, Amystella was currently observing the students and jotting things down on a little notepad she had before her. She'd been wasting time standing guard, whilst also verifying data from the student's transcripts. She'd seen quite a few queer events take place today, but none of them had warranted her attention. Although that one student who'd jumped off the roof was a very pressing concern... Nevertheless, a teacher had already been addressing the matter and she would be of no use there. For the most part, the students had been surprising... student-like, much to her dismay, as they provided little entertainment and left her with nothing to do.

She sighed wistfully and took a quick glance at the sun, noting that the session was almost over.

"Yeah, that's gonna be so fun." Aura said with a smile, as the idea of Emily & Sammy playing together had entered her mind and in truth she was happy to know her sister had bonded with someone like that on campus.

Now then, Aura glanced around to see if there were possibly other girls they could ask to join their after school training group. Though given Aura had not been the most sociable and the reputation she and her two friends had that might not have been so easy.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
This got not just Lily's attention, but Andrew's as well as he had conveniently woken up just in time to see Suzy return to her body and give her story of where she had been. Andrew had the expected reaction.

Oh joy, another nut that hears voices on campus. Just what the school needs...

Lily however had a different thought. While it was funny to hear Suzy had interacted with another kid with some split personality. It seemed this case had been just that. A split personality, rather than the weirder circumstance the lizard-freshman.

"I see, well good to know we won't have to worry about this "Savage" character. Though it is a bit alarming that so many freshmen seem to have these deep psychological issues." Lily admitted to Suzy, though she was happy that Suzy had a better experience with this mental conversation than last time.

Mat nodded slowly. "So, you give and take luck from people. In which, your magic has a focus upon randomness, right?" He asked. Luck doesn't focus upon one action, just what is wanted. That made it a bit confusing as well.

Mat didn't just leave it at that either. "And does skill have anything to account for? Because I feel like your explination is quite vague." He asked. Mat didn't like not under things, or to control things.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ash had a sheepish grin. From an outsider perspective, she could understand how one might have believed it tobe a vague explanation. Because that is what it was. So Ash hoped to clarify it for Matt's sake.

"Yes, there is some skill involved. The more I train and focus my ability the greater the effect is. Also if I can "visualize" the scenario it will have a stronger effect. For example, if I wanted to give someone bad luck, if I say them walking down the street next to a puddle I could use my powers to...make a car just happen to speed through said puddle to splash him. Much easier to make that happen than to say, give him an unlucky experience with that then to have a plan appear to crush him." Ash explained, as the situation and scenario had to play a part in her luck manipulation rather than just make anything she wanted to happen.

"But given it is all luck-based powers, there is a degree of randomness to it." Ash admitted afterward as that simply had been an unavoidable aspect of her ability.

Eventually Aura's focus and Kevin's daze had been disrupted as a shadow serpant entered the class which appeared to be dragging Ray, the student Ryker has had his issues with in the past, before he was tossed inside right to where he was assigned to sit. Ray naturally was disgruntled over all this, but realized that it was better just to go along with it rather than make more of a hassle and a pain for himself as he just sat in his seat and waited for Wyst to return. Well, not that he had a choice as the shadow snake wrapped around him and held Ray tight which only added to the humiliation.

Kevin only had the thought of what happened between him and Wyst that led to this.

------------
Landon had to admit he was scared. The jotting "spikes" had been one thing, but then Emily asked if he could bounce off of him. Landon wondered if the girl had heard what he said which concerned his lack of a bounce so he decided to remind the more energetic girl.

"I-I-I can't bounce though. I can only turn into a ball..." Landon said with a hint of defeat though Emily had seemed far from detoured.

"No, I mean I can toss you and you can bounce on the poke-sticks on the ground to go all bouncy bouncy across. And maybe I can ride you!" Emily said with some excitement as Landon seemed a bit scared by the idea.

"R-really? I'm not so sure..." Landon said though Emily had that fire in her eye and seemed to have her mind made up.

"I think it would be amazing! I know you can do it, and we won't know if it won't work if we don't try. Can you please try?" Emily asked as she looked Landon in the eye who, in spite of his nerves, lacked a better alternative as he let out a sigh.

"Fine...I'll try..."

Last edited:
"Weeell, look who finally showed up for class." Erin said smugly after spotting just who was being dragged in by a shadow serpent. Ryka seemed to sense that something wasn't right with the guy that was just dragged in. She hissed like a cat upon seeing him. Bast, despite not having confronted him personally, glared daggers at Ray. 'Serves him right.' Joey thought.

"Shut up!" Ray spat at the students who decided to kick him while he was down. Or in this instance, coiled by a shadow serpent. Though he had brought it all on himself as Oliver would have quipped had it not decided to disregard the troublesome youth.

Ryker especially had a sly smirk at Ray's predicament. Which only angered Ray all the more though he had no means of doing much about it given his current position.

Mat gave nothing more than a slight nod. A slight hand shift indicated he was content with the explanation, for now. He understood that a little bit of secrecy might be held to their powers, like some of his very own monsterous forms.

Mat put his hand down to his side. "So, If nothings gonna happen..." He said with a nod to the direction of the teacher chase. "I'm gonna bail this class. I know this is a hero-ish school, but I feel more like an anti-hero." Mat spoke of an Anti-hero like a hero, not a villain. An Anti-hero is basically a hero who doesn't follow the rules, often sending them to the villain side of the board. "You in?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ash listened to Matt's offer, as he seemed to decline on the bet. Which was fine, as Ash just wanted to prove a point of her powers more so than actually get any cash. Though the offer had made her think, she was kinda stuck in this class with nothing to do and the teacher seemed to be not coming back. Though one thing kept Ash in place as she glanced over to Kendra.

"What do you think. Should we stay or leave?" Ash asked Kendra, as clearly she wanted to know her friend's opinion on the matter before she decided anything. Not as much of a natural "anti-hero" as Matt had claimed himself to be.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea. The teacher's still out there somewhere. Plus we have a perfectly good example of what she'll do to us if we don't come back to class willingly." Kendra said, gesturing to Ray as she said the words 'perfectly good example'. "I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather not take my chances no matter how powerful I am."