• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"Yeah, yeah, sure. I can't just make water materialise out of thin air or anything like that." Sky said, rolling his eyes at the comment. Shortly after, Wystria faded from some form of combat stance into standing behind them. Stepping back so that he was next to the 'Maid', he remarked "Well. I've never seen an ability like that before. I think you may have broken a few things."

Suzy then said, "Thanks. Lily and Andrew have already told me the same thing. It really gives me a big confidence boost. I know I may not seem like it, but I'm extremely self-conscious. But, ever since I've joined this school, I feel like I am much more than what I put myself to be."

Suzy then just started staring at nothing with a bit of a confident look, but then said, "Oh, I'm sorry for spacing out like that. You said you were going to show me the gymnasium, right?"

"O-oh right, don't apologize. A-although we're right by my dorm I'd l-like to go and drop this ole bag off. Weighing me down, I-I hope that's okay." Kevin said, seeing his chance to get the bag out of here before Suzy would get the chance to know what was inside. Kevin could only hope the way he phrased that would not arose suspicion.

----------

"My job is not to "have fun", it's to ensure Kevin has a safe and educational experience at this school. Sorry if me not being a reckless, rude youth makes me a "buzz kill" as you say." Oliver countered, as it would have rolled its artificial eyes if it only could at Ryker's comment.

Suzy then said, "Oh, that's fine! I'll just wait out here." Suzy then sat down on a random bench. I'm sure that Kevin's medication is inside of that bag, but I'm not 100 percent. There's only one thing to do.

Suzy then started sitting in her meditative position, and her soul manifested out of her physical body. Suzy then started floating on top of Kevin, and started following her.

Kevin would enter the door of his dorm, closing it shut behind him all the while he remained oblivious to the spirit of Suzy that was watching over him. Kevin would toss his bag on the bed, and said bag would be opened enough to allow Suzy to see the contents within. The varied pill bottles, syringes and chemical bottles within all visible for Suzy's spirit to observe.

Not that Kevin would be aware of that, as he entered the bathroom and began to freshen up in front of the sink.

You know, it's rude to deceive people...

The voice in Kevin's head had caused his eyes to widen as he faced the mirror, and he was face to face with a reflection of the monster inside him who had given Kevin a predatory grin.

Big boy who doesn't need his meds, wouldn't your mommy just be so proud of you.

"Shut up. I don't need this now, I'm gonna go give a tour to the new girl and I will not have you ruin it." Kevin said, as from an outside eye on normal circumstances one would only see Kevin in an argument with his own reflection.

Suzy looked at the bag, and her suspicions were confirmed. How much medication can one person take in a day? Because this seems way too much.

Suzy looked down, and noticed the figure in the mirror. With her ghost form she can also view the world from the viewpoints of many others, so she noticed the monster on the mirror as well. The monster gave Suzy chills, but she decided to remain calm. After all, this was all for Kevin's sake.

Suzy would just continue to listen to Kevin and the monster, hopefully able to get some information.

Words are cheap, brat. We both know your "mental strength" is destined not to last.

"You don't scare me." Kevin said, which only caused the mental projection of the beast to laugh.

Your nightmares say otherwise. Although I tend to think of those more as...premonitions...

"That. Will. Not. Happen." Kevin said, his anger having rose a bit as his eyes shifted into his more repetalian ones, something which only caused the monster to laugh again. Kevin shook his head and got his eyes back to normal once more.

"I'm in control, I'm in control..." Kevin said to himself, as he repeated Aura's word of advice that she had used to calm him down before when Kevin had lost control. The beast seemed less than impressed.

Still trying that worthless mantra? Your friend Aura is a fool. Your medication can't stop me, your friends advice can't stop me. You can't stop me and no one else can possibly help you. Admit it, you are fighting a losing battle. You. Can't. Win. Your body will me mine!

Suzy couldn't help but get mad, a bit, looking at Kevin's struggle against the beast.

That's it! I have to help you, Kevin! It's the only way!

Suzy would then fly straight into Kevin's body, and flew inside the inner corners of his mind. This would give Kevin a cold sensation, but he would still have control of his body.

Kevin felt a sudden cold sensation shoot through his body which caused the mental projection of the inner beast to vanish as Suzy would enter Kevin's body.

Once Suzy arrived at the inner corners of Kevin's mind, she would find a black void. One that seemed so empty, so lifeless and so cold.

Suzy just walked around the depth corners of Kevin's mind. She didn't really see anything, and Suzy would be a bit confused. From all the minds she's been in, they all had at least one color, even Andrew's had a bit of flare to it, but Kevin's...his was different.

Suzy would then remember why she was in Kevins mind, and exclaimed, "Hey, monster! Come out wherever you are!"

Suzy would not have to wait long as it turned out, as she soon felt a chilling air breathe against the back of her neck.

"Oh, a visitor? What an unexpected pleasure..." The sinster voice of the beast within Kevin said, a predatory grin on its face as it was dripping acidic saliva; the hulking beast slamming its tail on the ground of this black void.

"Your that brat Kevin was showing around, seems there was an alternative motive on your part. Not that I blame you, no one ever really has genuine intentions with Kevin. Even his brats he calls "friends" are giving him pity and nothing more." The beast said, as if it were fact.

Suzy would face the monster, and, sure, it gave her chills. Everything from appearance, attitude, and voice were all unnerving, but Suzy gathered a lot of her courage.

"You should spare me the pity, and shut up," Suzy said, "I'm here to help Kevin because you've been tormenting him! Sure, that was the primary reason for wanting to help him, but then I've been able to observe him as an actual person, and I want to help him even more, because he is now my friend! Say that friendship is a "load of crap" all you want, but just know, that I will be the one to stop you."

The beast would merely laugh at Suzy's deceleration.

"Oh is that right? How noble of you. However, I am hurt that you would solely blame me for all of Kevin's problems. Really, you ought to look at this rotten world for the pain Kevin has felt, and I can prove it to you. All you need to do is follow me..." The beast said with a predatory smirk before it would seemingly retreat into the shadows; a sinister chuckle would be heard seemingly all around Suzy.

Suzy would just look on at the monster, and start following him. Suzy had no idea what was in store, and it honestly scared her. But she would remain calm.

Suzy then asked, "So, what exactly are you going to show me?"

Towards the distance, Suzy would see what appeared to be some kind of laboratory. Inside was a series of sci-fi equipment along with several monitors recording data and a man in a lab-coat with a clipboard in hand that seemed to be taking notes.

The most chilling part was the fact that strapped to several tables was a single child along with four other empty tables; ones marked with "Subject #1", "Subject #2", "Subject #3", "Subject #4", "Subject #5." There were also monitors next to said tables that indicated heart rate, but for all but one with the child on it of them they all seemed to register a previously recorded flat line.

"Subjects #1, 2, 4 & 5 failed to survive test #76. Such a shame, I had such high hopes for most of them." The man in the lab-coat said, though his tone seemed more concerned over the "failed" test rather than the mention of the deceased subjects; who one could guess were around the same age as the current child being held down. The man in the lab-coat turned to said child, "resting" on the table marked "Subject #2" with an evil grin as he approached while the child's eyes had grown fearful.

Said child would be revealed to be Kevin, only younger than he he was at the present time and with a gag over his mouth as he had frantically tried to break his bindings but would lack the strength to do so.

"You however, managed to live up to each and every one of my expectations. Yes, your modified DNA is the key. Keep this up and you'll be the blueprint to humanity's evolution to greatness!" The man said, with sick satisfaction before he would attach a couple of pads to Kevin's chest. The man stepped back and would go over to a lever.

"Test # 77, electric shock resistance." The man said with a chilling grin on his face before he pulled the lever which sent electricity jolting through Kevin's body who proceeded to scream in agony.

Suzy would just look on at the memory, and felt disgusted. Kevin had to go through so much pain. Pain that had killed four other kids, but Suzy failed to see the point.

"What are you trying to get at here?" asked Suzy, "What are you trying to prove by showing me this memory?"

Suzy would not see the beast, but she would hear his voice as it seemed to echo all around her.

"That I am not to blame for Kevin's pain, your kind is. Humans are cruel and ever bit worst monsters than I am. That they deserve death, each and every last one of them. That I am the means this brat could use to take vengeance on your worthless kind but he is too weak and too soft to understand that." The beast declared.

---------

Kevin meanwhile took note that the beast's reflection in the mirror and let out a sigh, thankful that seemed to pass. Kevin then realized that he was keeping Suzy waiting and quickly exited his dorm.

"S-sorry, took a little longer to f-freshen up then I..." Kevin started to say before he noticed that Suzy was no longer outside waiting for him. Kevin was confused, as not much time had passed between him entering and him coming back out. So where was Suzy?

"Oh, this can't be good." Kevin told himself, as he began to wonder what happened to Suzy and decided to go look for her.

"He might be too weak and soft too understand," Suzy said, "But you're too stupid and arrogant to understand the real point!"Suzy would then flare the whole void to become white instead of black, and caused the memory to fade away.

Suzy then exclaimed, "Sure, you might not be the primary reason for Kevin's pain, but you're a suffering that has stuck with him all this time! You are just a constant reminder of what he had to go through! I don't know him that much, but I am able to come up with reasonable thinking." Suzy then sighed, and said, "And, sure, those humans were despicable, but...not every single human is the same. We all have our strengths and weaknesses that make us different, but some don't see that, which makes them suffer, and they try to make others suffer. But you're just too incompetent to even comprehend that, huh!? Honestly, you think you're the best solution, but you're not. You're the worse solution for Kevin, and everyone else."

The beast appeared before Suzy with a sinister smirk.

"Is that right? Well the truth is the cruelty shown to Kevin by your kind only starts here, but that is beside the point. It's clear I won't convince you, and really I don't need to. Though you should understand this brat isn't like you, or the rest of your kind; he's a beast or as you people say a monster. And he will come to realize this, even if I have to make him see it." The beast said as it slammed its tail in the void.

---------

Darn it darn it darn it! Trusted with showing the new girl around and I already lost her. Okay don't panic, you can find a way to fix this screw up. Just gotta go find Oliver.

Kevin would enter the cafeteria and soon find Oliver sitting on a table with Ryker and June. Kevin would make his way over to them.

"Oh, finished with your tour?" Oliver asked Kevin who gave a sheepish grin.

"Y-yeah, just wanted to speak to you. Oh and h-hey Ryker. June." Kevin said to his friend and his friend's sister.

"Kevin isn't anything like you," Suzy said, "I don't know where you're getting at by calling him beast, or monster, or whatever! But, I do know, that whatever you're planning you're not going to get away with it."

Suzy would then notice the monster slam his tail unto the floor, and felt a bit a intimidated, but she remained herself cool. "You know, why don't we know more a bit about each other?" Suzy said, "You know, just to spare some time. In all honesty, I'm curious. What is your name, or do you just like to preferred to as 'beast' or 'monster'?"

Wystria sneakily threw Sky a wink that would've been flirtatious had her facial expression changed any at all, but seeing as she'd remained completely deadpan the wink ended up looking rather odd and even slightly ominous. She chuckled lightly reveling in the slight attention,

"This isn't even my final form! the full extent of my abilities. Though, the rest quite heavily drain on my magic reserves. I'd need a larger source of power, like that core of yours~"

After making her joke Wystria immediately began to clean the room, materializing a shadow-morphed vacuum cleaner that proceeded to shred and suck up any and everything on the floor. That stapler is beyond saving now... A few moments later the room was spotless, every speck of dirt had been banished to the abyss of her shadow, which, she reminded herself, needed to be cleaned out at some point. Who knows what junk she had stored down there.

“Good morning Kevin hoped you slept well.” June said cheerily at his arrival. She greeted him with an accompanying smile and wave.

“Sup Kev. So would you mind telling your robo bird, that he’s a buzzkill. Wait, could your mom reprogram him to be fun. Like me.” Ryber said giving a grin. June in response smacked the back of his head. “Ow, what was that for.”

“Mainly because you’re an idiot. Besides, two of you would be a curse.” June snickered.

“Anyways,” Ryker said, ignoring June’s comment, “So who was that new kid you’ve been showing around?”

"Oh, new kid. Well her name is Suzy. She is a sophomore and r-really nice." Kevin said with a sheepish grin before Oliver flew up to Kevin's shoulder.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?" Oliver asked as Kevin would lean in to whisper.

"W-well, it's about Suzy but I kinda don't want to alarm Ryker or June so...can we talk a little bit away from them?" Kevin would say with a whisper as Oliver nodded in understanding.

"G-gotta share some boring personal stuff with Oliver. I-I'll be back." Kevin said as he would walk a little ways away from June and Ryker's table before he let out a sigh.

"I, uh...kinda lost track of Suzy during the tour..." Kevin admitted as he spoke with a tone that he could only hope Ryker and June would not be able to hear as Oliver's mechanical eyes widened.

"You wh.." Oliver started to say before Kevin closed it's metal beak.

----------

"A name? Huh, nobody ever bothered to give me a name. Well I mean little Kevin calls me plenty of names, but I think you'll find most of them to be rather unfamily friendly." The beast said with a feral grin before its form began to change, soon enough he took on the appearance of Kevin right before Suzy's eyes.

Only difference being the beast kept its reptilian eyes, wore an experimental coat the child subjects did and had a rather sinister look that seemed so alien given Kevin's usual expressions, as far as Suzy had known him anyway.

"I guess the closest thing to a name I have would be Subject #2. Though I might give myself a name now that you brought that to my attention." The beast said with a chuckle.

Suzy looked at the monster, and was confused. Subject #2? Wasn't Kevin Subject #3 in the memory? And didn't the memory state that Subject #2 died? I guess this monster is more secretive than I thought.

Suzy then asked, "Subject #2? But...how can that be? Wasn't Kevin suppose to be Subject #3, so does that mean you're...one of the dead children?" Suzy didn't keep her thoughts to herself. She knew that getting as much information as possible would be the best solution.

The beast chuckled at this.

"Ah, so you did pay attention. Good on you. The truth is Kevin is rather special, even as far as the realm of genetic mutation is concerned. Though he never was supposed to be. You see the good ole doctor always believed Subject #2 would be the one to advance his research to new heights. He had such pride, such expectations that the other kids were seen as little more than extra guinea pigs." The beast said before it smirked once more.

"And how could he not, I mean it's only natural a father would have such pride in one's own son, wouldn't you agree?" The beast said to Suzy.

Suzy grunted, and then said, "So...what you're telling me is...this isn't even your original body!?" Suzy couldn't help but get angry, and exclaimed, "What are you trying to gain from all of this!? What are you trying to actually do with Kevin's body!? It can't be that you just want to see humanity suffer. There's much more, isn't there!?"

Suzy then started to relax her nerves, but kept glaring at the monster, or Subject #2, or whatever it was called.

"Let me ask one more thing," Suzy said, "...How did you even get inside of Kevin's body?"

The beast would chuckle a bit as it once more took its reptilian beast form.

"Well, when the original Subject #2 left this world, the good ole doctor became so distraught over his loss he felt the need to find some way for him to live on; even in spirit. So the doctor put not only samples of Subject #2's DNA but his essence into Kevin's body along with the typical mutant serum. And so inevitably when all this was too much for Kevin to take and his mind broke, I was born." The beast explained before it dawned a frown. Once more, it began to change.

This time, rather than Kevin, it took on the appearance of a young eight-year old boy with fair skin, grey hair and eyes with two different colors: one blue, one grey.

"What I want, is what was supposed to be mine. The life I never had..." The beast said, before his skin began to cover with scales and his eyes changed to his more reptilian ones.

"....the life that was stolen from me. The life he continues to deny me!" The beast yelled, having shown anger for the first time as he became a full lizard beast once more and got right in Suzy's face. It shot Suzy a death glare before, eyes filled with hate before it let out an amused chuckle and backed down.

"I apologize. That was...so uncivilized." The beast said as it moved back over to its original spot.

Suzy would be shook still from Subject #2's sudden outburst, but she then looked back at the monster.

"If Kevin is denying you to live your life," Suzy said, "Then what are you doing to him? You want to take over his mind and body, all for your own personal and selfish gain, but you're not looking at it from any other point of view! You'll just be stealing someone else's life, and you'll be just like your father, maybe even worse!"

At the conclusion of the battle, Aaron turned to Rio.
"Well, the school seems nice. I like a challenge and it seems students are always on there toes in this place so im excited for it. And if all the teachers are this powerful I know ill be in good hands...... He said happily, his excitement increasing with each words before quickly disappearing, followed by a long pause.
"....I dont really know anything about my power. I grew up in an area where having powers was frowned upon so I never really got to test them." He finished, a feeling of inadequacy washing over him as he thought of how powerful the other students may be.

Rio grinned, "Well, you just may be full of surprises yet!" she encouraged him, sensing his mood starting to lower. "Here you'll be sure to flourish. Ain't no restrictions for powers here, except no using them in the hallways." She winked, before nodding her thanks to Wystria while internally lamenting the loss of that nice stapler. "Since I'm here now, I might as well help you with the rest of your things to get settled here. Wystria and Sky wouldn't mind helping out our new teachers, hm?" She looked up at the three four adults, an ear flicking as she waited for a response as she sat in her chair, pulling out various papers.

The beast merely chuckled at this.

"Another point of view? No other point of view means anything. That is something that brat and I understand well, for we both know how this ends. Either he or I becomes the dominant persona in this body and the other fades into nothingness. It's the rule of nature: the weak one dies and the strong one survives, and that strong one will be me." The beast said with a smirk as it slammed its tail on the floor, though it made no advancement nor did it seem to be making any motion that might indicate an attack.

Suzy would chuckle herself, and would then glare at Subject #2.

"That kind of mindset.....will be your downfall," Suzy said, "I'm not a big fan of seeing others fade away, or die as I'm implying. I always just see the spirits of those who have left roam around this earth, but, it's just as you said, that's just nature. But...haven't human beings basically been going against nature. And sure, not everything they've done has been good, but there is good from it as well." Suzy would then just walk in front of Subject #2, but not in an intimidating fashion, but in a sort of compassionate manner. "What...What if I were able to help you?"

Suzy would want to hear a response from Subject #2, but then felt a sudden force. Oh, no! My time is running out! But...I have to stay here! Just...a little...longer! But Suzy wasn't strong enough, and her soul was shot out of Kevin's body. Now she was just floating above Kevin, and...she looked a bit disappointed. Dammit, I wish I could've stayed longer. I...I hope Subject #2 doesn't take my offer offensively.

Cordially bowing at the waist, Wystria responded with a hint of mirth.

"As you wish Milady."

She was rather surprised that no one had made any mention of her twin sister who stood right beside her. They weren't quite identical but they were pretty close, could it really be that no one had noticed? Impossible! It would seem that somethings were meant to be initiated by oneself. Tilting her head to the side, cocking it at just the right angle, pursing her lips and dilating her pupils, she stared at Rio. She gave the headmistress the sort of look one would expect from a puppy they'd neglected for too long.

The beast had been prepared to strike the girl when she walked closer to him...only to take note of Suzy's words and her offer to help him.

Before the beast could get over its shock, Suzy suddenly vanished which left the beast annoyed, angry, confused and...and curious.

"Help me? What the hell is that supposed to me? What nonsense..."

Back in the real world, Kevin continued his quite informed discussion with Oliver concerning the disappearance of Suzy, both he and the A.I. owl unaware of Suzy's spirit floating over their heads.

"Just, we have to go find here. I mean, she trusted me of all people to give her a tour around here and I lose track of her in a flash. Man, I'm given something simple to do to help someone and I screw it up anyway." Kevin said, having blamed himself for Suzy's "disappearance" as he was unaware of the mental discussion that took place between Suzy and the beast within.

Suzy would hear Kevin, and thought, "Oh, crap! I totally forgot to make Kevin's body immobile when I possessed him! Dammit, and now I'm just making him worried. Well, time to go back then."

Suzy would then fly into a separate room, and reverted back to her human form. She then ran into Kevin, and said, "OH, there you are Kevin. I went to go to the bathroom, and, as soon as I got out, I went to your dorm-room, but no one answered. But, I'm glad you were just around the corner." Suzy tried to act as oblivious as possible, didn't want Kevin thinking anything worrying.

Kevin glanced over at Suzy, which interrupted his discussion with Oliver that concerned her disappearance and let out a sigh of relief; thankful she was accounted for. Kevin heard her explanation and, being naive and trusting as he could be, bought it.

"O-oh no problem Suzy, I'm just happy to have found you again. Was worried I screwed up already." Kevin replied with a sheepish grin, though Oliver seemed to be looking Suzy over; as if the A.I. owl were trying to get a read on the girl.

"Oh, S-suzy this is Oliver. My robotic babysitter if you will. I-I don't think you two have had a p-proper introduction with each other." Kevin said, introducing his mechanical companion to Suzy. Oliver had rolled its artificial eyes.

"I prefer guardian to babysitter, but that is beside the point." Oliver said annoyed at Kevin's title for him before it glanced at Suzy.

Suzy chuckled a bit as Kevin referred to Oliver as a "babysitter", but then turned towards Oliver. "I doubt I need to introduce myself, but I'm Suzy," Suzy said, "And I'm glad to meet you."

Suzy then walked towards Oliver, and started examining him a bit. "Wow," Suzy muttered, "This is some nice piece of tech. I haven't seen an A.I. react to a human being like this ever before since my parents left on that mission."

Suzy then looked back at Kevin, and asked, "How did you get such nice tech?"

Oliver was never a fan of close inspection by strangers, though at least this one kept her arms off him unlike Aura's younger sibling. Even if Oliver found Aura's sister to be a little more tolerable than most other people.

Kevin, at the mention of where Oliver came from, had a look of pride.

"It's my mother's creation. She's a pro hero, the Cyber Champion; a tech specialist who makes many unbelievable gadgets and what not when fighting crime. She's the best and, well, I strive to be even a fraction as cool as her i-if I become a pro hero." Kevin said, explaining where the A.I. owl came from as well as just showing Suzy the respect he had for her and his own goal to be a hero like her. Oliver glanced over at Suzy.

"Indeed, I was meant to be Ms. McKnight's assistant in regards to technological development & research, but the day Ms. McKnight found Kevin I became tasked with watching over him." Oliver explained, as he kept the whole "make sure Kevin's inner beast never took over" to itself as to not alarm the girl as well as the details of how Kevin's adoptive mother "found" him, though unknown to the owl Kevin's background in part was not much of a secret to Suzy.

"Woah!" Suzy exclaimed, "Your mother is a pro-hero!? My parents are pros as well! The Phantom Duo!"

Suzy then walked over to Kevin, and said, "In all honesty, my parents were the reason why I joined this school. I've been training my powers by myself for so long, just so that I could one day be just as great as them. So, I guess we're not so different after all."