• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Chronicle

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Distracted by Clydae, Sarah looked up form her ruined watch. "Huh? Oh, yes, I have a Sandshrew, too, Shiko. He's currently asleep under my chair," Said Sarah, pointing to a brownish-yellowish ball. "But besides that, I don't have any others, though I am thinking of getting a Shroomish so I can evolve it into a Breloom. I always liked Brelooms, though not as much as these three. I also heard that Sableye was quite good, too. But I definitely want a Marill. I want one to beat Roark, and they seem so cute at the same time. My friend Kathy has one, though she lives in Hoenn. And if you were wondering about how I got Prima, she sort of came to me by herself. She wouldn't leave me alone, even when I threw her outside my front door and locked her out, so I just decided to catch her. She seemed very happy (at this, Prima started glaring at Sarah as though she were humiliating her). My parents gave me a Budew, even though it was pretty weak. I guess that was the best they could do. I traded it for Thunder."

Looking back down at her broken watch, she grumbled, "I knew I shouldn't have traded Chelsea."

"Yeah, he's my best friend, aside from Dusk." Matt said, "We lived next door to each other for years in Sunyshore, and his family moved to Kanto when I was about ten... Ahh, the nostalgia. Haha. He knows how to work Professor Oak, enough to where he can take whatever pokemon he wants. As long as it's not reserved, of course. He trains them, and he lets them roam on the estate with other trainer's pokemon. I'll let you meet him while I trade for that Squirtle. He's always wanted a Starly, well, one of the Starly family".

Said Dusk.

Matt replied.

While Sarah was discussing her pokemon with Clydae, Matt started wondering, himself, about his friend. He remembered the time where they were traversing a forest near Sunyshore, and were attacked by a Vespiquen and her Combee drones. Alex had heroically sent out Muffin, and Flame Wheeled the bee pokemon until they fainted. And then took them to a pokemon center.

"Man, I miss Alex..." He whispered.

C

Clydae

Clydae gave a small laugh at Matt's description of his friend. "Back at home, I grew up on Cinnabar Island, where there weren't any other kids my age except my sister, and we never exactly saw eye-to-eye anyway. Sibling rivalry and all that. Sorry he had to move away, though, Matt." She gave a warm half-smile to be as comforting as possible. She wasn't good with consoling, but she definitely knew how he felt, being separated from friends and all that. But it sounded like Matt and this Alex kid were able to keep in some touch, which was comforting. And he moved to Kanto, too, which would definitely be beneficial for trades. Even more fair ones than this favor that Matt was requesting. But as Matt seemed to have another private conversation with Dusk, she was turned back around, again trying not to disturb the 'sleeping' Lucario by her side.

Listening to Sarah's list of pokemon, Clydae gave a short nod, considering the team. "Yeah, Sableye are great pokemon, but a huge pain to catch, let alone find. They seem to bust out of whatever kind of pokeball you throw at them. The whole having no weakness thing makes it worth it, though." She laughed lightly, considering the pokemon. Same type as Spiritomb, but much more attractive, in Clydae's opinion. "Shroomish are always a joy to raise, they grow so fast. But you'll probably have to trade for one, as they aren't normally native to Sinnoh, so you can only readily find them in the Safari game where they import pokemon from other regions. But that's not too far from Oreburgh if you don't mind a detour though part of Mt. Coronet. The same goes for Marill, they are in the Safari Game, too. But you can often find them at the Mansion trophy garden, just south of Hearthome city." She nodded slowly as she spoke, still trying to summon up that mental picture of the town map in her head, mapping the known locations of the mentioned pokemon. "But you have a good start with those three, especially depending on if or what Kia evolves into. And I wouldn't worry too much about Roark with Prima there. They may be rocks, but their special defense isn't as great as you might think. One hit from a good psychic or psybeam should deal quite a bit of damage." She thought for a moment. The only known location of Sableye was Iron Mountain, which was quite a long way into a trainer's journey. "You might need to catch an additional pokemon or two until you are able to catch your dream team." She added with a chuckle.

Matt cut into their conversation, saying; "Mt. Coronet? I heard that place was dangerous. Alex told me", He smiled. "He's such an adventurer. He traveled on a Pokemon journey when he turned ten, and he expressed his deepest regrets that I couldn't come. And he met Oak while traveling. He also gathered all of the Sinnoh badges in a month, so fast, he hadn't caught a Starly. I was REALLY suprised when he came back months before I expected him".

Dusk said.

He smiled again. "And Clydae, he doesn't care what I trade him. He's a very nice guy, and he's the same age as me. He moved away a couple of weeks after he got back..."

No, I shouldn't think about that! I can't cry on a plane.

Said Dusk.

The smile turned into a frown. "I miss him so much, I almost can't stand it! I'm going to visit him in Kanto after I beat the Elite Four. I might even take the Kanto Gym challenge."

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
((OOC: I changed it into four pokemon. >=D))

Sarah considered Clydae's words for a moment. "I'm not going to leave you two behind just to catch Pokemon. No way. I want company, or else I feel lonely. Safari Zone, eh? Sounds like a fun place." Quietly, Sarah thought about her battle strategy. Prima was obviously going to be her first pokemon out, seeing that normal types were bad against Rock, and Thunder, being an electric type, was probably going to get owned by a Geodude, plus the fact that he never listens. Shiko also had a possibility helping her win, though some of the pokemon Roark had were also part ground type. After a few moments of thought, Sarah asked, "What do you think is a good evolution of Eevee? I kinda like Umbreon or Espeon, though Jolteon is another consideration. I know that you, Clydae, were talking about an Umbreon and Flareon, right? I don't like Flareon a lot, just to let you know. What do you think Kia should evolve into, Matt?"

"You're not going to evolve me now, are you?" whimpered Kia.

"If you don't want to, you don't have to. But maybe you should think about it before making your final decision about evolution." Sarah whispered.

"Remember not to talk to me much. You'll draw attention to yourself," Kia reminded her.

"Don't worry, nothing wrong could possibly happen, right?"

"Just be a bit more careful. That Lucario over there is already getting suspicious."

"Alright, alright, keep your fur down."

Hearing Matt saying something about a Kanto Gym challenge, Sarah piped up, "What?! There's a Kanto Gym challenge, too!?"

"Umm... Yeah. And Johto, and Hoenn. They're pretty tough, or so I hear from Alex, the wonderboy of Gym challenges. He said they were MUCH harder than Sinnoh's, save Volkner. There's also an Elite Four in each country." Matt replied, to a shocked Sarah.
"And, It's your choice what to evolve Kia into. Not Jolteon, unless you're planning on ditching Thunder, as two electrics would get you beaten all the time. Not Flareon, as it's stats are horrendus, but it's movepool is good, for all that's worth. Vaporeon is a solid choice. Good stats, good movepool. Espeon is a no, as you have Prima. Umbreon has good stats, but a horrendus movepool. You'd have to breed several moves on to a different Eevee, unless Kia, by a miracle, knows good moves for an Umbreon, for that little black dog-thing to be effective. Leafeon and Glaceon.... I know absolutely nothing about, sorry."

Said Dusk.

He turned to her, "Clydae, what's Kanto like?"

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sarah stared at Matt as though he had just punched her. "Johto? There's also a Johto region?" Her head seemed to be spinning. "How can ANYONE go and defeat about 32 gyms, plus sixteen Elite Fours? And four champions? Wow.... that Alex must be quite confident to challenge all of them.

Sarah looked at the pokeball on her belt, and then Prima. "I don't want to ditch any of them, but I don't think Vaporeon appeals to me that much. I might as well just keep Kia just the way she is. She already has some pretty good moves, like Iron Tail and Shadow Ball."

"That was close, Sarah. I thought you were going to evolve me," sighed Kia.

"Nah, I thought all of them weren't worth it without the other. Maybe if I get about seven more Eevees, then I'll start evolving them. But because you seem so reluctant to evolve, I won't evolve you."

"Thank you, almighty Sarah."

"Oh, shut up."

Sighing, Sarah slumped in her seat. The day wasn't exactly over yet, but decided to take a short nap before landing. She was quite tired after the Thunder vs. watch incident.

C

Clydae

Clydae didn't really know what to say when Sarah talked about Alex as being confident to challenge the leagues of each country. She glanced around nervously, then gave a shrug. "I did. I've got all the badges to prove it. And yes, Matt, Sinnoh's gyms are pansies compared to the others. Hoenn was particularly challenging. But the champions are all pretty equal in difficulty, as I was pleasantly surprised at Sinnoh's Cynthia's skills. Nothing quite beat Lance, though. An arsenal of dragons is pretty tough for any team." She gave a short smile. She had become pretty good friends with the dragon-tamer back in Kanto. He and his family were renowned around the region for their communication with all dragon-type pokemon. And she was sure that with the discovery of more dragon pokemon, Lance was doing well, even if he was stuck in Kanto. but soon, Matt asked her what Kanto was like. She smiled happily to think about her home region.

"Kanto? Well, Kanto is certainly different than Sinnoh. In Sinnoh, a reliable water pokemon to use Surf to get around is barely necessary. But in Kanto, there are so many islands, like the one where I'm from, Cinnabar. And there are the confusing Seafoam islands where the legendary Articuno likes to nest. And there is the Veridian forest, much more confusing than Eterna. And the Veilstone department store? Absolutely pales in comparison to Saffron City. I think since that Pokemon were discovered much earlier in Kanto, it's had a lot of time to develop, but there are some things in Kanto that can't be matched."

She gave a nostalgic sigh. "And of course, there's Johto." She gave a small chuckle. She would have to save that for later. Right now, she was in Sinnooh, and she needed to focus on the present. However, the past was still a wonderful place to visit for her. "I started my pokemon journey when I was 10, too. I can't begin to count the number of pokemon that I trained. And, of course, Professor Oak wanted my 'help' with the pokedex, so I actually went and tried to catch all the pokemon. But then more and more were discovered, so I gave up after the Hoenn pokemon were announced." She smirked slightly. Oh, when she was a young, wily teenager.

"Pansies, huh? I can't imagine that, I can't even beat Volkner! Haha". Matt said. I can't wait to see him. I have so much to tell him!"

As Sarah started drowsing, Matt thought; Hm... That's a good idea. I'm pret-ty tired after that battle...

He closed his eyes, and fell asleep rather quickly.

He was running through the final stretch of Victory Road, the taste of victory in his mouth. He had made it. His best friend, Alex running alongside him, Muffin the Infernape and Dusk jumping from rock to rock among the many that littered the floor. Clydae and Sarah were standing at the exit, waiting for the boys who had gotten themselves into a double battle. Dusk and Muffin against Milotic and Toterra. They were against a type trump both ways, and they prevailed through pure strategy. Milotic had good defence, so Dusk couldn't do much with his tremendous attack, and Toterra was the same, and thus, the boys were at a disadvantage. The opponents had trained their pokemon well. But not well enough. Dusk opened with Hidden Power, Grass, and Muffin with a Close Combat. The opponents didn't have time to dodge, and were hit with the full brunt of the attacks. Knocked out in one hit. Of course, this was Matt's dream, though he wasn't aware at the time, so he won. Always.
They met up with Clydae and Sarah, and stepped through the exit, only to have a loud noise wake Matt.

It was just a dream..., Matt realized. Dang it! It seemed so real.

It was Dusk, having a nightmare.

Matt said, groggily.

"We will be landing in five minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts." Said the intercom voice.

((OoC: Sorry for skipping like that, but we would've stayed on the plane forever if I hadn't.))

C

Clydae

Noting the glee that Matt portrayed simply at the thought of seeing his friend's face via PC made Clydae smile lightly. And quickly thereafter, Matt was asleep, imitating Sarah and Argo. Clydae sighed, leaning against the small double-plastic porthole window of the plane. A few minutes passed, and she noticed that Argo's head became significantly heavier, a sure sign that he was really asleep now. Unfortunate. Clydae didn't sleep on planes. It wasn't just a preference, but more of a fact. Money doesn't grow on trees, Clydae doesn't sleep on planes. Which was the formula for complete boredom for the next five hours. Well, not complete boredom. While Argo was sleeping peacefully, Clydae's movements were restricted to slow, smooth motions that wouldn't jerk his head, now accompanied by one of his steel-spiked paws, the metal digging into her arm. Well, that'll leave a mark later... she mused to herself as she bent down to the seat in front of her to retrieve her bulging bag. Remaining a small child at heart, Clydae had made a point to not know which egg held which pokemon. Then, when they hatched, it would be like unwrapping a gift on a holiday! One egg was particularly close to hatching, as it was quite warm, and would move slightly at random intervals. If luck was on her side, Clydae hoped that the egg would hatch before reaching the second gym.

Though she made sure not to mention it to Matt, his plan of taking on the first gym so soon was pretty much a guarantee that she wouldn't have any sort of team ready for Roark. Sure, Argo could take him on blindfolded. An Earthquake here, and his signature move Aura Sphere there would make easy work of the rock pokemon. But that would defeat her purpose of raising a new team through the ranks, and Roark would definitely pose one of the greatest challenges to her new prospective team. So, while her companions were sleeping, she formulated some sort of plan to revisit the gym while the others were doing something that she had already done, like traversing Mt. Coronet. Though Clydae didn't like the idea of leaving them in Mt. Coronet without her. It was one annoying place. Almost as bad as victory road.

After about four more hours of senseless pondering, Clydae heard the intercom finally announce their arrival. It took her a minute to blink away the fog from her eyesight as she felt Argo stir. He gave a large yawn, and stretched as best as he could in his seat. Looking to Clydae, he noticed the deep red imprint on her arm that matched with his steel spike like a puzzle piece. He winced slightly just looking at it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sarah woke with a start when the intercom boomed on. "Ha, wha.... who's attacking?"

laughed Prima.

Sarah looked around and blinked. She was still on the plane, Shiko still was asleep, and Kia was pawing at her broken watch on the floor. Sarah looked around. "How much longer until we land?"

"About five minutes, so better fasten up. My ears are popping," said Kia.

Sarah sat upright and buckled up. Man, she must have slept quite a while, seeing that there were only five minute left. "I'm going to return you guys into you pokeballs. Is that okay with you guys?"

Kia looked a little reluctant, but agreed all the same. Prima was just delighted to go back in. Shiko kept on snoozing. Taking out three pokballs, she returned her three Pokemon and put them in a pocket on her brown jeans. Seeing Matt also looking kind of dazed, she guessed that he slept, too. Gosh, i sure hope that five minutes pass by soon. We've been on this plane for about a whole day now.

The doors to the plane opened, and the attendants filed everyone out. the elderly man was the first to go, seemingly in a great hurry.

As they were being pushed out, Matt said; "Sure, I don't mind! I'll go find the PC."

He dashed off, quickly as possible. He was going to talk to Alex again!

He entered the Airport, and started looking around frantically for the PC. He saw a whole line of them, standing near the wall. He walked over, conscious to the fact that you weren't supposed to run in an Airport, and proceeded to call Professor Oak's Lab.

After it rang for a moment, The Professor picked it up. His face looked a bit haggard on the screen. His grey hair was messed up, probably from dealing with a pokemon problem at the lab, and his white lab coat was wrinkled, and had a mud stain on it. Definite signs of a pokemon problem.

"Hello- Matthew! How nice to stalk to you again!" He said, jovially.

"Hello, Professor!", Matt replied, and smiled. "Is Alex there?"

"No. He went on a little Vacation". His face was impassive.

"Ahh, OK." Matt seemed okay, but he was screaming on the inside. "Hey, do you remember a girl named Clydae?"

"Why, of course! She has sent me a lot of Pokemon."

"Well, she wants to know how they're doing."

"Oh, they're doing fine! Very nicely. The newest pokemon she sent are a hoot. Especially that Floatzel, the little troublemaker. I was just solving a problem between the mischivous little thing, and her Red Gyarados."

"Haha, you look a bit worn. Oh, here she comes!"

It was true, Clydae was following Matt, albeit a bit slowly. She couldn't find him in the throng of people.

He started to signal to her, until he was interrupted by a voice.

"Hello, long time no see, eh, Matt?"

"Who-?" He said, turning around. "ALEX! What're you doing here?"

His best friend, Alex, was standing there in his favorite clothes, which he had shown Matt over the phone, his short and spiky blond hair was standing out at odd angles, untamable as always, and he was wearing a black muscle shirt, blue jeans, an odd half white, half black bracelet, and black boots, to which his pants were tucked.

"Oh, I'm on vacation. Visiting my best friend." He relpied.

"Alex, it's so good to see you again!" He went over and gave his friend a high-five.

"Good to see you too, buddy! Oh, it might be in your best interest to know. You're not in Oreburgh. Their Airport was busy, as they had some big executives flying in from Johto. So, welcome to Sandgem town, my friend."

Matt's eyes widened. And his head filled with confused thoughts.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sarah looked around, frantic to find Matt and Clydae. There were so many people here, and she couldn't make out who was who. Okay, just calm down and look for red eyes. Yep, Matt's red eyes, she told herself, but with so many people, it wasn't possible to look at anyone straight in the eyes. Very lucky for her, she heard Matt's voice somewhere, as though communicating to someone through the PC. Then, she heard someone say his name. Excited, she pushed people out the way to make way for her dash.

When she arrived there, she saw Matt, Clydae, and some person with blond, spiky hair. Who was he? Surely not Alex, because he was supposed to be in Kanto. She heard him saying something about a Sandgem Town. Overcome with curiosity, she asked, "Where's Sandgem town? A long way from here?"

A pokeball started shivering at her belt. "NO, Kia. you can NOT come out until we get OUT of this airport," Sarah hissed. The Pokeball started to shiver even more. Trying to hide the shivering, Sarah stuffed the Pokeball way down into her backpack. She saw a burst of slightly dimmed light somewhere in her bag, then heard a whimpering. Seems like Kia broke out. Sighing, Sarah took off her backpack and let Kia out. "Yay! Now I can play!" said an extemely happy Eevee.

"Oh, shut up. Can't you see we're in an airport? Return!" Sarah said, returning Kia back. Geez, seems like all her pokemon has quite a few flaws. She hoped that Prima wouldn't be as dumb as Thunder and Kia, nor as sleepy as Shiko.

"Apparently, We're IN Sandgem town. Our plane got re-routed because of some executives flying in from Johto." Matt replied. "Stinks, huh? Oh well, I suppose I could go to see Rowan and try to get a starter. Oh, Alex, this is Sarah. Sarah, this is my friend Alex, the one I told you about."

"Hello, Sarah." Said Alex, cheerfully.

Said Dusk.

Matt replied.

((OoC: Clydae, we need 'ya. =] Nice plot twist, eh girls?))

C

Clydae

When they finally landed, Clydae gave one last wistful look out the window, and gave a start. They were at a tiny airport, definitely not Oreburgh. But they couldn't have gone too off course, but it was big enough for Jubilife or Pastoria. And Twinleaf Town was the last place anyone would find any sort of airport, so she settled on Rowan's Sandgem Town. If she truly was here, she made a note to stop by to say hello. Of course, it wasn't that long since she had seen him last to get the uber national pokedex after schooling the Elite four, but she still had to see how he was doing with his undoubtedly rowdy crop of new trainers. But as the doors to the plane opened, Clydae un-clicked her belt, standing to stretch. Sitting for so long was taking a toll on her joints, and she heard them pop back to their preferred conformation as she stood up. She gave a sigh, seeing that Matt was already off the plane. She looked down at Argo, unsnapping his seat belt for him so they could get off of that stupid plane. Without a word, Argo and Clydae shuffled past the Stewardess, and out into the tiny airport. She was surprised at the volume of people. Oreburgh bust be pretty packed to redirect so many people to Sandgem town. She strolled through the crowd, assuming Matt went straight for the PC. She saw someone else with Matt, who she assumed to be Alex with Matt's voice as excited as it was. With no sleep on the plane, Clydae was hardly in any sort of gracious state, so she slipped past to attend to the abandoned professor on the computer monitor.

"Hey there professor... gosh, you look terrible. Oh dear, I hope none of mine are giving you trouble!" She laughed slightly as she spoke. Of course they were hers. She was one of the few trainers with the enough nerve to send THE Professor Oak every tream she trained. "Let me guess, Feanor?" She smiled sheepishly. Over the hazy monitor, Oak look a little less amused. "Yes, and that Fyr of yours, too! I've never really gotten an trouble from that blasted water dragon until your little weasel decided to pull some pranks!" oak complained over the monitor. But Clydae didn't let him get too far, "Oh, you know you love them, Professor." She only received a huff in return before Clydae reached to turn off the PC. "Wait, my dear, tell me- how is your sister doing? I hear she's planning on intercepting some trainers at Ecruteak City in Johto!" Clydae paused for a moment. She hadn't thought about her sister in a while. "Uh, yeah, so far as I know, she hasn't left Johto. Oh, terribly sorry Professor, I've got to go. Keep in touch. If anything happens to anyone over there, I want to know about it!" And with that she pointedly clicked off the PC, slightly agitated.

But she remembered that there was a new guest among them. She turned around to see Alex and Matt, and finally Sarah rushing over as fast as she could. She gave a soft smile, seeing her Eevee bound about in the busy isle. The sight caused her to look over at Argo. Or, where Argo was. Looking around in a small frenzy, she tried to spot her friend and loyal pokemon partner. But he wasn't leaning on the PC anymore. Clydae wanted to have a moment of pure horror, but she didn't want to interuput Matt's moment, so she proceed to scan the crowd. The problem was that Argo's stature was human-like so he was able to blend into a large enough crowd, but too short to spot. She sighed, then looked at Sarah as she was returning Kia to its pokeball. Clydae wandered over to Sarah, "Hey, Sarah, Argo's missing. Do you think Kia or Prima would be able to find him in this crowd?"

((you guys always post faster than me while I'm typing, so I have to go back and edit my posts xD))

((OoC: xD, Sorry!))

Matt turned from his best friend for a moment, saying; "Huh? Argo's gone? Well, I suppose we'll have to find him then. Dusk, we need your expert-type help on this one." He took the pokeball of of his belt, and pressed the button, which caused the pokemon to appear.

He asked.

"Is that Dusk? Oh. My. Goodness, he's gotten big!" Alex exclaimed.

Dusk seemed to say something directly to him, Oddly enough.

"Ookay, go, Muffin!" He threw Muffin's ball, and the Infernape appeared, much to the crowd's dismay. They shuffled away, trying not to anger the peaceful, though they didn't know he was peaceful, Infernape.

"You were talking about Dusk being big... Muffin's gotten ginormus!" Matt cried.

It was true, the Infernape was now towering over Matt, but he was as pacifistic as ever, Matt could tell by his expression.

"Haha, I suppose."

"Dusk, please find Argo, before we turn fifty!"

"Muffin, you help him, please."

"Ape!" Said Muffin.

They bounded off, looking for the Lucario. They split up, once they were about twenty feet away, and dissapeared into the crowd.

"Hey, Matt, guess what I brought you."

"What?"

"A choice between Squirtle, Bulbasuar, and Charmander."

"Really? Sweet! Okay, I'll have to go catch a Starly. You've always wanted one."

"Haha, that I have, that I have."

Matt ran out of the airport, and into the lush route 203. It had tall grass in the truckloads, and it was a mountainous route, the ledges aplenty. There were a few trainers around, looking in the very tall grass for some pokemon, apparently, as they were all holding pokeballs.
He looked around for a Starly, and after a moment, he found one.

"I've gotta see this." Said Alex, who had followed. "I told your friends where you went, seeing as you didn't have the courtesy to do so."

"Thanks. Watch, and learn! You're mine, Starly!" Matt said.

He reached for Dusk's pokeball, only to remember that he was at the airport, looking for Argo.

"Uh, oh! I don't have a pokemon! Hey, Alex, let me have the Squirtle for a minute!"

"Okay, I was wondering when you'd remember." He threw Matt the pokeball.

"Okay, Squirtle, don't let me down! GO!" He threw it, and the blue turtle appeared in a flash of red light. "Squirtle, Tackle!"

"Squirtle, squirt!" The blue turtle had a light turqoise coloration, his shell a light brown, his short tail ending in a spiral. His short arms were in a muscle flexing position, until he leaped at the unsuspecting Starly, startling it.

((OoC: You guys can search for Argo, I've gotta trade for my Squirtle! Uhh... Can you control the Starly, Clydae? xD And I HOPE the route near Sandgem, upward, is 203. :3))

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
((OOC: Kia, an IT!? SHE'S a GIRL! XD)

Sarah was surprised to see Alex there. "Wow... I never thought I'd see you here," she said, awestruck.

Looking down at her pokeballs, she sent out Prima, but not Kia. She decided not to do it because she came out when she wasn't supposed to.

Startled, Prima asked,

Sarah looked at the Kirlia in a serious way as Dusk and the Infernape, Muffin, bounded away into the crowd. "Argo's missing. You know, Clydae's Lucario."

Prima looked startled.

"Well, if you're so sure about that, go and look for him!"

Prima teleported away right after she said that. Feeling slightly lonely, she decided to send out Kia for company. Looks like Matt and his friend, Alex, set off to find a Starly. She found a place to sit and put Kia on her lap. Kia, once again, yawned and slept. What was she going to do with her?

C

Clydae

Now that Matt and Alex had magically disappeared, Clydae had her moment of panic. heart racing, she tried peering over, under, and between the nonchalant people of the crowd. She refrained from screaming out his name for the sake of finding him. Something was keeping him from contacting her telepathically, too. He was either in bad shape, or highly distracted. Neither were good things. With this in mind, Clydae became a little ruder to the people in the crowd, not as afraid to push one or two people out of the way as she traveled against the general flow of people. As she picked up her pace, she felt one of the eggs start to fuss. No. Nononono. Not now, you had better not hatch now. She was using all her willpower to keep the egg still. Of course, it was an egg, and there wasn't much willpower could do. So, as Clydae plowed a path for herself through the throngs of people, she swung her bag in front of her, took out the egg she knew was fussing- the pearlescent green one- and crammed it the crook of her arm, applying some pressure to dissuade the small creature inside. She would chuck the eggs out the window if she could find Argo right now. In a moment of frustration, she finally caved to call out to her partner, "Argo!" Her call reverberated through the small terminal, a few of the passersby turning their heads to peer at the young woman who was apparently out of her mind. With no response, Clydae removed her dark green knit hat to wring it for the sake of her nerves. Her dark hair was frizzed and disheveled, but she didn't take notice, merely crashing through the crowd, worry building deep in her stomach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Argo lay by the gate, kicked aside after being trampled. Argo was fine, just knocked out. But his safety was really put in jeopardy as a small girl, around the age of seven, squealed with delight at the 'puppy' on the floor. Bounding over, the girl made an attempt to hug Argo's limp neck, throttling the poor pokemon. It was a good thing Argo had such high defense, or he would have suffocated in no time. The hugging strength of little girls was a highly impressive force to deal with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Starly? Sure, got it. and that would be Route 202, but close enough :p))

Disturbed from it's peaceful graze, the small bird pokemon glared at it's intruder. It was an unfamiliar pokemon that the little starly had never seen. The starly remained stationary, maybe hoping that if it didn't move, it wouldn't be attacked. Just sort of staring at the Squirtle, the Starly kinda used Leer.

((Oh, the high battling skills of a Starly))

Matt was dumbfounded. The Starly wasn't doing anything. No, it was Leering at Squirtle. Leering with it's little black eyes, and not really scaring the blue turtle. More, making it want to hug the adorable little bird.

"Ha, it's leering. Squirtle, use Tackle again!" Matt said.

"Squirt!" The pokemon said, and Tackled the little bird, knocking it, forcefully, out of it's peaceful moment, and it's Leer.

"Don't ever underestimate your opponent, Matt." Alex called. He was standing under the shade of some trees, to guard against the hot day.

"Don't worry about me, Alex! Good job, Squirtle! Now, use Tail whip-!"

"Matt, Squirtle knows Bubble." Alex interuppted, smiling.

"Okay, you trained him to level 7! Squirt, scratch the Tail whip, use Bubble!"

The turtle shot off some Bubbles from his mouth, which traveled over to Starly, and exploded. A weak-ish attack, but effective nonetheless. It could Paralyze.

((OoC: Do whatever you want with the Starly, and Auto whoever you need to(Except Sarah! xD), but please end the battle. It's gone on for too long, anyway. Two posts, not counting yours, is too long for a wild pokemon.))

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Just as Sarah was about to dose off, Kia suddenly jerked awake. She seemed to be getting some sort of strange stench.

"What's the Matter, Kia?" Sarah asked.

Kia continued sniffing. Soon, she saw what the source of the smell was: a Kirlia that had a lot of scratches, and was slightly pink.

Sarah was shocked. She ran over to Prima (she was too weak to use any of her moves, let alone teleport) and asked, "What happened?"

Prima sighed and replied,

Sarah had to use a lot of self control to keep in her laughter, though Prima could see her slightly smiling and shaking.

"I know it's not, but I expected worse, like running into some ferocious Pokemon and getting attacked," giggled Sarah.

Prima growled. I guess we'd better work on your teleportation skills, Sarah thought tp herself. Seriously, who would teleport on a luggage pick-up place purposely? "Where were you meaning to teleport to?"

Irritated, Prima replied,

Sarah shook her head. "You have to know where to land if you're going to teleport. Otherwise, you may land somewhere in Hoenn next time. Lucky you landed somewhere close by."

Prima grumbled.

C

Clydae

((Hey S_E, are Prima's telepathic messages public or private? I know Matt/Dusk is exclusively private, and Argo can choose, so I was just wondering which one Prima fell under))

Clydae had slumped against a wall in hopeless despair when she heard Sarah address Kia. She turned to the groggy Sarah, assessing what was actually wrong. It took her a minute to notice the beat-up Kirlia. Clydae jumped slightly, and was quick to rummage through her bulging bag of eggs to fish out a potion from the bottom of the black canvas backpack. Finally, a super potion was unearthed, and Clydae looked it over to make sure it was undamaged. With a short nod of approval, Clydae looked to Sarah quickly.

"Is Prima alright? I've got a potion here if she's got any cuts, bruises, or otherwise." Clydae assumed it was no worse judging by how Prima and Sarah seemed to be having a conversation. But if it was, Clydae feared that a trip to the Pokecenter would be needed for anything more extensive.

After turning her head back to the crowd of people, Clydae realized that with Prima out of commission, there was no one looking for the lost Lucario. His lack of communication was what was worrying her now. By now, he would have sent her an obnoxious mental message of indignation about his apparent abandonment. But Clydae's mind was filled with her own voice of thoughts, without any trace of his deeper male voice to cut through the homogeneous voice in her head. She didn't have the energy to stand just yet. She eyed the PC that seemed to loom above her. She took a breath, held it for a moment, then signed in resignation. She needed help. With only Argo as the currently alive pokemon with her, having his lost was a tragedy. Clydae stood with a groan of over-exertion, and extracted the now constantly wriggling egg from her bag, and placed it at the PC station. She whipped out a permanent marker, and wrote "MAKE SURE THIS EGG DOES NOT HATCH UNTIL I GET IT BACK" With a flick of a few keys, it was gone, now replaced by a pokeball. She picked up quickly, and released the fire rodent inside. It looked around confusedly until it spotted it's trainer, leaping into her arms. Clydae chuckled for a moment, then looked it fast in the eyes.

"Quilava, I need your help. If you think hard, you should remember training with Argo, the Lucario. You know, pikes on his chest and hands. Kinda stand-offish?" At the flame pokemon's slow nod, she smiled. "Good. Alright, boy, I need you to find him. keep your flame at a minimum and be quick as you can, I think he's in trouble. When you find him, come get me, okay?" With a 'Quii!' in affirmative response, she let the little black and creme Quilava go, snaking through the legs of the people of the crowd. Again Clydae found herself slumped on the floor next to the PC. She hoped that the little Johto pokemon would be alright, and would be able to find Argo. Unfortunately, Argo had trained more with Lurea, the quilava's older sister Typhlosion, but perhaps the Quilava would know how to find her companion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Starly took the tackle straight on, being knocked against a tree. Slightly stunned, it gave a squawk-ish peep to lower the defense of the attacking turtle pokemon. In response, it recieved an onslaught of bubbles that were annoying and confusing all at the same point. On the vergo of unconsciousness, a meager Gust was produced from the small bird's wings that merely grazed over the Squirtle's back.

And with that, the Starly was done in. It only took one Pokeball from Matt's arsenal to capture it. After a shake or two, the Pokeball clicked to signal it's more permanent guest's new residence.

((OoC: Thanks. ;D))

Matt threw the pokeball, one of his twenty, and the Starly was captured. As the pokeball stopped moving, and the pokeball locked, a triumphant "Yes!" Issued from Alex and Matt at practically the same time.

Matt walked over to his friend, and handed him the pokeball containing the Bird pokemon. He gave him a thumbs up, and said; "There, the Starly you've always wanted, Alex."

"Thanks, Matt! It means alot to me. You going to keep the Squirtle?" Alex replied.

"Yeah, I decided I was going to see if you could get a hold of one for me a while back. On the plane, haha."

"Okay, cool. Well, let's go back and get your friends, Matt."

"Yeah- OH, NO! I left them searching for Argo! Dusk and Muffin are looking, well, probably fooling around too much to be looking, and we left them! Oh man! Let's go!"

He took off at a sprint, which Matt was skilled at, and kept on sprinting all of the way back to the Airport. Once they got there, Matt saw Clydae sitting down by the PC's, and went over.

"Hey, you found Argo yet? I'm sorry for running off... We'll get to searching right away." Matt apologised.

((Anyone who's telepathic can hear Dusk, unless he doesn't want them to hear. And, I was thinking we could all spot Argo being strangled at the same time, and a "THERE HE IS!" Could come out of everybody. And a "Quuiiiil!" From the Quilava. xD))

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
((OOC: Prima chooses who she wants the message to go to. Usually, it's exclusively for me, but sometimes, she "yells" for the whole world to hear.))

Sarah looked up at Clydae. "Oh, no, Prima's all right, just a bit careless with teleporting. She's in no immediate danger," Sarah said. But she seemed to be interrupted as a rodent rushed past her, and Sarah saw that Clydae was holding a pokeball in her hand. Guess she's thinking about more pokemon searching for Argo, she thought.

But her thought was interrupted as Alex and Matt rushed in to the airport. By looking at the triumphant looks on their faces, she guessed that Matt had successfully caught a Starly. Sarah greeted them as she returned Prima into her Pokeball. After hearing Matt's apology, Sarah suddenly said, "What, Muffin and Dusk hasn't returned yet?"

"Course not, Sarah. Why else would they be saying to start searching?" said Kia.

"Don't talk to me right now, I'm busy," replied Sarah, but she had a sudden idea. "Hey, why don't you go search for Argo?"

"And get attacked like Prima did?" Kia said.

"No, of course not. Prima was just a bit... careless," Sarah whispered.

"Well, I'm not going unless you are!"

Sarah shrugged. "Fine with me."

Turning back to Clydae, Matt, and Alex, Sarah said, "So, should we all search for Argo?"

C

Clydae

((Sounds like a good plan since it seems no one new is jumping in at this very moment))

Clydae watched the small flame-tailed Quilava through the forest of human legs as fervently as she could. But all at once, he was gone. She sighed, and beat the back of her head against the wall with despairing worry. They travel together through Mt. Coronet, Iron Mountain, Oreburg's mines, Stark Mountain, and Victory road, but an airport is what separates her from Argo? Oh, the irony was just poison in her veins. But she snapped her eyes open quickly as Matt and Alex burst in. She searched the crowd again for signs of Dusk and Muffin, but to no avail. She gave a meager smile to Matt at his apology, waving her hand for him to forget about it.

"Argo's still gone. Don't worry Matt, I have my Quilava on the case. If anyone can find Argo, Quilava can."

Her voice in an unconvincing tone of confidence, Clydae spoke with a sigh upon her voice. But as the trainers around her stood up to go searching, Clydae knew that she could have to stand as well. In a momentary lapse of awareness, she almost nudged the air at her side where Argo would have been, asking for Argo to help her up. But, she realized that no one was there, and she took the strain on her own, groaning once again as she rose to her feet. The long plane ride hadn't been kind on her joints, and the lack of sleep made her eyes darken. But she cave a curt nod and a soft grunt to Matt and Alex (who she duly noted she hadn't really met yet) as well as Sarah and Kia. She took a breath, and scanned the crowd with emerald eyes, before briefly looking at her new friends.

"Alright. Here goes nothing, I guess. Meet back here in ten minutes in case we get too separated, alright?"

She avoided the 'in case we don't find him' bit as best as possible as she turned to face the steady stream of people. She momentarily noted the business of the airport in such a tiny town. Something must have happened at Oreburg for so many people to spawn here. But she pushed the pondering aside as she almost literally dove into the crowd. It really was a sea of people with cross currents and large families that were destructive waves to anything in their path. Clydae mildly considered her own safety before focusing on her task ahead. Plowing through as many people as she could, Clydae made an effort to watch for her fellow travelers in case they found anything that would lead to Argo.

But suddenly she spotted a flaming flash of black in here peripherals, heading back to the PC. Clydae gave a high whistle with her fingers pressed against her lips, and the fire rodent changed directions, heading strait for her. The flaming Quilava leaped up into her arms once more with a small cry of joy. This finding Argo business was obviously a game for him. But Clydae didn't care, she was quick to inquire about his findings. "Did you find him?" she asked the pokemon quickly. With a happy nod, he looked to an invisible point beyond the crowd. Elated, Clydae gave quick instructions, "Alright, lead me to him. Put your flame on full blast to clear a path, okay?" He complied as he leaped from her grasp, his firey tail and mohawk blazed with an intensity that cased the people around them to shuffle away. As Quilava scampered away, Clydae had to run to keep up with the little fiend. Almost tripping over abandoned luggage, Clydae seemed to finally see that Quilava had slowed to a halt near the original gate. With her run put into overdrive, Clydae finally pushed through the last of the startled crowd to come upon the most peculiar sight.

Meanwhile, Argo lay by the gate, kicked aside after being trampled. Argo was fine, just knocked out. But his safety was really put in jeopardy as a small girl, around the age of seven, squealed with delight at the 'puppy' on the floor. Bounding over, the girl made an attempt to hug Argo's limp neck, throttling the poor pokemon. It was a good thing Argo had such high defense, or he would have suffocated in no time. The hugging strength of little girls was a highly impressive force to deal with.

"What's this?"

Echo looked at the scene near the gate. He was currently in the form of a human male, dressed in an oddly-pink business suit and a pair of black sunglasses. He approached the girl and the Lucario, giving the pair a critical eye. At first he had assumed the Lucario had belonged to the girl, but at a glance he could tell she was far too young to have a Pokemon of such high level. She was also completely unaware of the Lucario's injuries. He approached them and knelt down, his briefcase resting on the hinged end, although he refused to let go of it.

"Excuse me, is this your Lucario?" Echo asked softly.

The girl nodded enthusiastically. "I'm gonna name her Timmy!"

Echo chuckled. The girl was clearly mistaken on several points.

"Where did you get 'Timmy'?" Echo inquired.

"I found her right here!" the girl declared. "We're gonna be bestest best friends!"

Echo smiled warmly at her. "Don't you think that, maybe, this Lucario belongs to someone else? His trainer must be lost, and misses him very much."

The girl whined sympathetically. "I didn't think about that. I'm sorry, Timmy."

About then, a shiny Quilava scampered out of the crowd. It sniffed the Lucario closely and showed a spark of recognition before darting back into the throng.

"Why don't you run a long now?" Echo said to the girl. "Your mommy must be worried about you, too. I'll watch Timmy until his trainer comes back."

The girl nodded and ran off to find her parents. Echo then ran a hand over the Lucario's fur. He was very high level, and quite well trained. He could feel it in the Aura Pokemon's DNA. His abilities may prove useful.

Echo sat cross-legged next to the Lucario and placed his briefcase on his lap. He opened it, revealing a small box and thick dossier as its sole contents. Out of his box, he retrieved a small, plastic, zipper bag and a pair of tweezers. Carefully, as to not awaken the jackal-like creature, he plucked out a single strand of hair, put it into the bag, sealed it, and put it into the box along with the tweezers and several similar genetic samples of a handful of Pokemon. He closed the briefcase and remained seated, certain that a single strand of hair was going to be a more than adequate "finder's fee."

Matt started thinking, as he and Alex split up to cover more ground, and he wished he knew where Dusk was.

"Alex!" Matt called out.

"Yeah?" Alex replied.

"Send out the Starly to search!"

"Oh, yeah! Why didn't I think of that?" He smacked his palm to his forehead, and threw the pokeball containing Starly. The palm had left a red mark, and Matt had to stop himself from laughing. The bird appeared in the flash of red light that was custom of pokeballs, and Alex whispered to it. After a moment, it flew off, eyes scanning the crowd.

Huh.... I wonder where Argo could be? Matt said, pushing his way through the crowd, barely able to say "Excuse me" to every one of the people he shoved out of his way.

After a moment, he realized he had stopped, and started searching with even more furvor. He saw the Aura pokemon, knocked out, and leaning against the wall, a bald man in a vibrant pink suit with a breifcase sitting near.

He and Alex spotted him at the same time. They both cried, "THERE HE IS!".

((OoC: This RP is closed! No more people can join, sorry. We've reaced our quota.))

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Matt and Alex seemed to have left, so Sarah decided to start searching herself. Setting off, she quickly found herself in front of....

"A dead end," said Kia.

"I know that! I'm not blind!" shouted Sarah in an irritated tone. "Gosh, you don't always have to tell me what's going on!"

"Well, than how do we get out of here?"

Sarah thought for a moment, but before she could figure out a decent way out, she heard Matt and Alex way on the other side, shouting something.

"They must have found him! Come on, Kia!" Sarah exclaimed, and before she could stop herself, she grabbed Kia's paw and ran towards the place where the two boys' voices emitted from.

"Slow down, I think I'm going to puke!" Kia moaned, but Sarah didn't hear. She stopped when she saw Matt, Alex, and Argo a short way off. She gasped. Next to Argo was a bald man wearing pink, with a briefcase next to him. This can not be good, she thought. Why is this man sitting next to Argo? And what's in that briefcase?

Before she could stop herself, Sarah whispered, "Who are you?"

Echo glanced up at Sarah and stood up, not once letting go of his briefcase even as he dusted himself off.

"My name is Echo," he said, bowing slightly. "And... I guess you could say I'm a Pokemon Coordinator. This wouldn't be your Lucario by any chance, would it? I found him laying here, so I thought it would be a good idea to watch him until his trainer arrived."

C

Clydae

Clydae's eyes fell upon the man in the odd pink business suit. His antics and appearance were logged into her memory as being quite odd, but she was just glad to finally see that her Argo was safe at last. She spied the retreating girl, only left to assume what had really occurred. She quietly returned her Quilava to its pokeball, stoically returning it to a slot in her belt. She was tempted to go and strangle the man who was now plucking a strand of hair from her Lucario, but the trainer hesitated when a dull rusty eye cracked open to observe her. At Argo's minute gaze, Clydae gave in like a dam under the strain of a raging river, collapsing down by Argo's side opposite to the man. Clydae stammered for words, but they did not come. She looked at the man pleadingly. But Argo had it covered. With his windpipe now free to bring new air to his lungs, he was able to speak. To weary to use his mind fro telepathy, Argo had to use his muzzle to form and voice the words. His intelligence was such that he went beyond understanding human speech- as was well known that most Lucario could do- by actually learning to speak it. And at this moment it came in handy.

"It's alrigh' Cly. This guy saved me from a little girl's death grip." He took a moment to open one eye completely to view both Clydae and the newcomer, which Lucario sensed a strange sort of aura from. But he left that alone for now, and gave a short scoff, "It seems I can take a body slam from a Snorlax, but can't handle a hug from a small child." His voice was raspy from both the abuse to his throat as well as lack of use due to his preference for telepathy over the spoken word. He viewed sound as a middleman for communication when messages can be sent directly from mind to mind. But his voice was welcome now.

Clydae looked to the man beside her Lucario, and managed to get the words to form as she introduced herself, "My name is Clydae. This is my Lucario, Argo. We got separated after getting off the plane, he must have been trampled..." she had to cut herself off, or else she knew she would nervously babble on and on about how she was a responsible trainer, and he a capable pokemon, this was just a horrible mistake. But luckily, she didn't have the chance to babble any longer, as Matt and Alex seemed to have found them in due course. She gave a meager smile to the both of them, her hands still grasping that of Argo's. "Hey guys, he seems just fine, thanks for looking." She was really appreciative of their efforts to find her companion, and glad to see their search was over. Only Sarah remained to catch up with the rest, and they would be able to finally leave this place. She looked at a nearby clock above the gate to see that the ten minutes was almost up, hoping that Sarah would reach here by then, or else they would just have to go back to the PC station to tell her the delightful news. But her eyes fell upon the strange man again, waiting for him to speak, or not speak. She couldn't really read the stranger very well with his odd appearance and even odder habit. But soon, Sarah was upon them, and Clydae smiled that they were all back together again.

"Oh, so you are the trainer," Echo said once Clydae was done talking, sounding a bit relieved. "I was uncertain of how I would tell, but I see your... Argo, is it? Yes, now that he's conscious its quite obvious." He scratched the back of his head. "I don't know what I'd do if no one showed up. I couldn't tell how long he was there. You're lucky no one else managed to claim him."

Echo could feel their confusion about him. He was never certain if he got the mannerisms down just right, and the change in scent was never perfect. Then again, he wasn't really hiding what he really was. Looking human just made it easier to interact with them, and he got to skip the awkward stage of the conversation that involved the other party coming to grips with the idea of a talking Pokemon without a trainer.

"Oh," Echo suddenly said. He held out a hand in greeting. "Where are my manners? My name is Echo, nice to meet you."

Sandgem Beach was, without a doubt, one of the nicest places in all Sinnoh. The sun, the sand, the surf, and all that jazz. Just a short stroll away from idyllic Sandgem ("Town of Sand!") and about three routes away from Pal Park, it was the perfect place for a nice relaxing swim. Or, if you were like Kadence Virelei and couldn't survive ten seconds without a pair of headphones on your ears, to sit on the shore and spectate. He had Electric Six blaring in his ears, a whistle loosely clasped in his mouth, and six Pokemon that were all very busy enjoying the day.

At his side, Adagio was sunbathing--Pupitars weren't much for swimming due to that whole "no limbs plus sinking like a rock" thing. Solenne had likewise decided to "work on his tan," in spite of the fact he'd been nothing more than snowy-white his whole life. Kirlias tended to be like that. Marziale and Andante, being fairly weak swimmers, hung around in the shallows and splashed Forte. The Leafeon shot both Togetic and Quilava a token glare every now and then, but he seemed to be enjoying the cool water. Coda was the only one really deep in the waves, and she was having the time of her little Seadra-ish life.

It had been nice, killing the hottest hours of the day by just slacking off, but alas... all good things must end. Kadence rose to his feet and stretched impressively. "Hey, guys... hate to break it to you, but it's about time to get back on the road. Who wants in their pokeballs, and who wants out?" There were general groans and protests from the group, including several pleading looks to Solenne, who rolled his eyes and dutifully played the role of telepathic translator.

Well, I'm cool with leaving, Kade. I'm nice and toasted. I'll stick with my pokeball, though. I don't want this tan crossing the line into burn territory. Oh... Dante says just five more minutes pretty pretty please, Adagio says he thinks he's stuck and can somebody please lever him out of the sand, Marzy wants to stay out of her pokeball and also yay travelling, and Coda wants you to know that you suck for not coming into the water and that wasn't enough swim time anyway and... what was that, Coda? Oh. And also you're an ugly banshee.

"That's great. Too bad we're leaving." Kade grinned and grabbed a handfull of pokeballs, returning five of the six to their resting places in the little red orbs. Only the Togetic remained out, as per her request. Kade brushed the sand off his clothes, then grinned at Marziale. "Alright, Marzy, you ready to go?"

"Togii!" Marziale clicked her heels together and saluted in true military style, then giggled and fluttered up to his side. This was a tradition of theirs, dating back from the day Marzy had first discovered that she not only had wings, but could put them to use. Kade chuckled and grabbed her feet, pulling her down a few feet. Marziale churned her wings furiously in an attempt to compensate for the weight dragging her down, until Kade released her and she shot up like a champagne cork. She broke down into childish giggles and caught herself midair, then gently sat down on top of his head, facing backwards and giving the back of his head the occasional kick as she wiggled her stubby little feet. Content that this was enough silliness for the moment, Kade stopped only long enough to pick out a nice "I am now going to moonwalk on over to Sandgem and maybe do some stuff" tune, then set out, Togetic-hat and all.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sarah tried her best not to stare at Echo. Echo? What type of name was that? Was this person named Echo even human?

Sarah's thoughts were disrupted as Kia pushed past Clydae and ran up to Echo. "Hi, Echo! Nice to meet you! My name is Kia! And this is my buddy, Sarah!" she said, pointing the tip of her tail towards Sarah. She seemed to forget that Echo wasn't an Eevee.

"Oh, puh-lease! Can't you just be a bit more quiet for once!?" Sarah hissed as she picked up the little Eevee. Turning to Echo, she apologized, "I'm sorry. My name is Sarah, and this is my Eevee, Kia. How are you?" She asked, in a much more politer tone to him than to Kia.

"Do you always have to be so mean to me?" Kia asked.

"I wouldn't be so mean if you weren't so jumpy!" Sarah replied.

C

Clydae

She nodded hurriedly at the man kneeling with her beside Argo. She gave a nervous laugh at his words about being just in time to claim him. "Well, only his true trainer would be able to return him to his pokeball. And, Argo, I think you could use a rest, eh bud?" She looked down at Argo, and clicked his pokeball from her belt slot. Argo gave a short nod, and before the flash of red came to claim him, Argo's rust-red eyes looked to his rescuer, and gave a quiet, Thanks, mate. But it wasn't in human language, but the seemingly universal Pokemon language. Not much flew under Argo's radar, especially when this apparent human greeted Argo by plucking out one of his hairs. Yes, Argo had noticed that little act. in fact, it had been that little prick of irritation that had brought about his return to consciousness. In a flash, Argo had been returned to his safe container, Clydae gave it an exasperated look before reuniting the red and white capsule with her black fabric belt. The trainer was then presented with the strange person's hand, and she eyed it for a moment before clasping it in her own half-gloved one. "Well then, Echo, it's a pleasure to meet you. I owe you one. Dunno what I would do if that little girl had dragged him off. Hopefully, her parents would have done something, but you never know." Clydae realized, in her post-hysteria, that she was babbling. But her handshake with the no-longer-stranger Echo was interrupted with a bouncing Kia that nearly knocked her over.

As Sarah was busy wrangling her Eevee and introducing herself to Echo, Clydae took the moment to observe him. She concluded that he wasn't normal. She didn't go far as to guess he wasn't human, but the thought definitely crossed her mind. As it did, Clydae heard Argo's weary voice drift into her head, . Clydae rolled her eyes to herself. Always wanting to know everything, that Argo,

"Sure, let's go," Said Matt. "I want to get out of this place as soon as possible."

, Matt called.

Dusk replied.

Matt heard the heavy footsteps of the Infernape, and the lighter steps on his own Pokemon coming his way. He looked around for a moment, and then saw Dusk and Muffin racing towards them.

, Dusk asked.

He gestured to Echo.

He laughed. He seemed to relate this to Muffin, as she started chuckling, herself.

He almost slapped his palm to his head, as Alex had done. He threw the ball, and the Squirtle appeared in a flash of light.

"Squirt...?" It said, quizzically.

, Matt said, with a smile.

He- no, She said. Luna was a girl Squirtle!

"Hey, everybody. I've got a new pokemon! Her name is Luna, Luna the Squirtle!" Matt announced.

Kade's music was a bit of a problem sometimes; not only did it drown out whatever was going on around him, but he sometimes had the habit of zoning out when a really good song was on. His feet knew the way to go, so his mind let itself get lost in the music. The scenery, the people passing by... he was even oblivious of Marziale beside him. The little Togetic didn't have the benefit of headphones, though, so she was more than capable of keeping an eye out for the both of them. Unfortunately... a nosy Togetic with a habit of getting into other peoples' business really oughtn't be left unsupervised. The pair hadn't been walking along for more than a couple minutes before a strange little group caught Marziale's eye.

A bald man in the prettiest suit ever, a fuzzy monkey, a funny-looking kitty, a pretty Eevee, a cute little turtle, two boys, two girls... wait, hold on. What was that one girl holding? Marziale drifted away from Kade's side, fearlessly fluttering up to the group with a look of innocent curiosity. That look quickly changed into one of abject horror as she realized what the girl was holding. It was an egg, but... what was that thing around it? They had the poor eggy stuck in some sort of... medieval torture device! Marziale started back with a gasp of horror, the beads of her necklace clacking in a staccato counterpoint to her tiny little voice. Poor little baby hadn't even been born yet and these mean, mean people were already making it suffer! Unforgiveable! This was a job for Marziale!

The little Togetic let out a fearsome warcry (as fearsome as a two-foot little chick-fairy can sound, at least) and latched herself onto Clydae's side, tugging at the egg she held. Of course, the thing was at least half her size, and probably outweighed her, so she didn't have much luck, but that didn't deter her. She simply opted to shower poor Clydae with weak little kicks and start wailing up a storm. Anyone who's ever heard a Togepi cry can attest to the fact that it's annoying beyond words, but a Togetic throwing a tantrum is enough to make eardrums bleed.

At least Kade remained blissfully oblivious to the racket that Marziale was cooking up. His song came to an end, dragging him out of his little trance. It took a minute to realize that he was very much missing a certain Togetic; removal of his headphones also helped him realize that finding her would not be hard: follow the dying-cat-sounds. And so he did. Low and behold, Marziale was attempting to prod a stranger to death with her stubby little feet. "Marzy... Marzy! Shut up!" The barked command was enough to end the Togetic's hysterics. Still gripping the egg and dangling off of Clydae's arm, she blinked at Kadence tearfully. Yes! Kade was here! He'd be all big and strong and rescue the egg from the evil people!

"Marzy... just what are you doing?"

...Or not.

((OoC: Dang it Tama, that was awesome! It made me laugh the whole time. XD))

BiC:

Matt could only watch, as the Togetic started beating Clydae up. No, "Beating" was not the word. More like, tickling. The small-ish Pokemon kicked and punched and screamed like a dying cat, all to get that darned egg away from Clydae, and get that contraption Oak invented off of it.

A young man, around 17, and pretty tall, came over and addressed the Togetic as "Marzy".

"Is this your Togetic?", Asked Matt. He put on a mock disciplinary voice, "If it is, it caused quite a little ruckus, here. You might want to put it in Time out."

He looked over at the Egg in Clydae's arms for a moment, and said; "That little contraption on the Egg is Professor Oak's invention. It's supposed to stop it hatching for a little while." He had been addressing Marzy for the most part, but the boy probably wanted an explaination. "Name's Matt. Matt Palmer. What's yours?"

C

Clydae

Relieved to finally be out of the airport, the elder girl of nineteen was quick to move behind Matt as they exited the bustling area to head towards the relative calm of the pokecenter. Out of the danger of being trampled by infinite human feet, Clydae's mind went for the egg that was tucked securely under her arm. She didn't like the clamp, either, but hatching in an airport was hardly a good start to any life. The ultimate safety of a pokemon center wouldn't be a bad start, so Clydae planned on removing the device once everyone had gathered there and settled down. Once the newborn pokemon inside was hatched, it could have an immediate look-over by Nurse Joy to really see if that clamp was safe to use. While Clydae trusted every whim of Professor Oak, she didn't want to take any risks when it came to the health and safety of her future team. With a short breath, she looked around to see if that strange man accompanied them. She wanted to get going. Being stuck on a plane and the fiasco at the airport made her more than happy to see the natural light of day again. She went to stretch her back when something interrupted her.

Clydae couldn't tell if it was the actual impact of the Togetic or it's wailing cry that made her aware that she had a new passenger. Giving a startled cry herself, Clydae almost dropped the egg, something she was sure neither she nor the Togetic wanted. Once she realized that she was in no imminent harm, she gave a slight sigh of relief, then looked down at the struggling pokemon clinging to her cargo. Looking up at the approaching trainer, she gave a sheepish smile. Looking quickly back down, Clydae cried a little more frantically then she had planned, "It's okay! It's okay! Don't worry about it, it's not needed anymore." Clydae was quick to address the Togetic, who she gathered was named Marzy from her trainer's calling. Clydae made a move to kneel down. Fairly certain that the Togetic wasn't letting go until the clamp came off, she set the egg down on the beaten path towards the pokemon center so the Togetic could at least stand up, or continue hovering if it was that antsy. "Marzy, right? You probably aren't too fond of me right now, but if you think about it, wouldn't you rather be born a few minutes later than be born in there?" she tried her best to communicate with the angry pokemon, gesturing to the unsightly, human-infested vortex of terror that was the airport. "Didn't want anyone to get smushed," she added with a soft chuckle, unsure whether she was even getting through to the Togetic, or whether she was just rationalizing it now for herself. She didn't question it's understanding, but more of how angry it was and how willing to listen it was to listen. "But anyway, it doesn't need to be clamped anymore," she started to loosen the clamp, then shot an emerald glance at Marzy, "Well, if you are so adamant about it, you can take it off if you want..." trying to make amends, Clydae sat back on her heels to give an opportunity for the Togetic to remove what it was so wholeheartedly against. "I've got to warn you, though, it'll bust out of there pretty quick once you get it off."

While she left the moment up to the Togetic, she tilted her head upwards to peer at the trainer, "Sorry about that, didn't think anyone would notice, actually. I suppose she thought I was trying to hurt it. I'm Clydae, by the way." She felt weird already not finishing that statement with 'and this is Argo, my Lucario,' but she shook off the feeling, comforted by the weight at her side that was the pokeball that she knew carried her loyal companion.

Sarah tried her best not to stare at Echo. Echo? What type of name was that? Was this person named Echo even human?

Sarah's thoughts were disrupted as Kia pushed past Clydae and ran up to Echo. "Hi, Echo! Nice to meet you! My name is Kia! And this is my buddy, Sarah!" she said, pointing the tip of her tail towards Sarah. She seemed to forget that Echo wasn't an Eevee.

"Oh, puh-lease! Can't you just be a bit more quiet for once!?" Sarah hissed as she picked up the little Eevee. Turning to Echo, she apologized, "I'm sorry. My name is Sarah, and this is my Eevee, Kia. How are you?" She asked, in a much more politer tone to him than to Kia.

"Do you always have to be so mean to me?" Kia asked.

"I wouldn't be so mean if you weren't so jumpy!" Sarah replied.

Echo chuckled at the exchange between the Eevee and her trainer.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kia and Sarah," Echo replied. He reached over and rubbed Kia's head. "I'm quite fine, thanks. A bit worn out from my flight, though. My arms are killing me!" At that point Echo laughed out loud. "Seriously, though, I took a plane. I couldn't possibly fly all the way from Kanto myself, especially since this is my first time in Sinnoh."

About then, Clydae returned with her egg. He was little appalled at the device it had been restrained in and glowered at it for a second. Upon taking in its improvised nature, however, it seemed obvious to Echo that it had been made in the last few minutes. Quite frankly, he could think of a lot of better places to hatch than in an airport, so he decided not to make a big deal of it.

"Oh, yes, I need to go there, myself," Echo replied in response to Clydae's question about the Pokemon Center. "I always look for the Pokemon Center when I reach a new town so I can find it when it counts. Wandering about town about an inch away from fainting is not a pleasant experience."

As he was following the group to the Pokemon Center, Marziale the Togetic attacked, albeit ineffectually. Echo almost retaliated instinctively, but he could see that it was about as threatening as a pillow filled with bunnies. He relaxed as Kade came for his wayward Pokemon and Clydae attempted to make amends.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sarah nearly toppled over with laughter as a Togetic attacked Clydae. She couldn't blame the Pokemon, though; Clydae's egg had a clamp on it, and, by the looks of things, the Togetic thought that the clamp was purposely on the egg to harm it. Kia herself was also looking at it in a disgusted way. "Who would do that to a poor Pokemon?" Kia asked

"Well, you wouldn't want to be born in a noisy airport, now, would you? Clydae's doing it for the Pokemon's own good, though who knows what the side-effects are?" Sarah replied. "If you ask me, the clamp might mutate the pokemon a bit, but just a bit. Maybe Clydae will have a shiny pokemon!"

"On second thought," Kia said, "It may become a stupid or hideous freak."

"I doubt the hideous part. It's only a clamp," Sarah said, though she knew that the clamp wasn't any old a clamp.

Just then, she saw a person in his late teens going up to the Togetic and asking what it was doing. But, as usual, Kia just couldn't wait to do something dramatic, and sure enough, the next thing she knew, Sarah saw Kia pounce onto his chest. Sighing, Sarah decided that this was it, and returned Kia into her pokeball. Shaking her head, Sarah apologized, "I'm so sorry! I didn't expect my Eevee, Kia, to pounce on you. Are you okay? Anyways, my name is Sarah. What's yours?"

((OOC: Did you notice that every time I introduce myself to someone, Kia just has to disturb someone? FYI, Kia's actually based off me, but Sarah isn't. She's just some random person made in my imagination. xD))

Well, Marziale felt kinda embarrassed now. These people weren't acting that villainous at all. Where was the thunder and lighting and the loud, ominous cackling? She hoped they didn't think she was a bad guy because she had mauled the egg-girl out of nowhere like that. Marzy backed away from the egg sheepishly, tiny hands clinging to her necklace as she gnawed on one of the beads awkwardly. She... she hadn't known that people could do that--decide when eggs hatched or didn't hatch. She didn't remember there being any clampy thingies around when she had been born. But Kadence looked really unhappy with her, and he used to be a breeder so he knew all about eggs, so she could probably believe that the clamps were really harmless and she'd just overreacted.

Marziale shuffled her feet on the ground shyly and cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, lady, I shouldn't have beat you up for putting stuff on your eggy. You were just trying to be a good trainer and hatch it somewhere nice and safe and not loud or scary. So I'll let you do that because you're its mommy, not me, and I shouldn't have been nosy." Of course, she didn't really think that Clydae would hear anything other than "togi togii" when she spoke, but that had never stopped Marziale from talking before. It was too bad there weren't any psychic Pokemon to translate, but hopefully Clydae would get the drift. Thoroughly humbled, Marziale waddled her way over behind Kade's leg, clinging to his shin like an insecure child.

Kadence was never one to stay mad for long. Marziale's complete 180 in behavior was enough to make him chuckle. The fact that an Eevee had just decided to attach itself to his shirt? Well, that just added to his amusement. It was a little like seeing Forte as a child again, though his pouncing usually meant he wanted to destroy Kade's shirt for fun and profit, not say hello. He shot a grin over to the girl that had returned the Eevee, brushing the encounter off easily. "I've got a clingy Pupitar on my team. Compared to that, a pouncing Eevee's just a little tickle." And with that out of the way, he replied to the boy with the white hair--was that natural? His hair had to be totally fried if that was bleached. Still, pretty cool look. Not many people bold enough to try that one out. "Looks to me like Marzy already put herself in time out for me. Sorry about the little mixup, and I hope this didn't leave anybody with a bad impression. My Togetic's too nosy for her own good, but she's a sweetie. She knows well enough to leave your egg alone now, Clydae, don't worry." Down by his knee, Marziale nodded for emphasis.

"But where are my manners? Sorry. I'm Kade Virelai, and this little chick's Marziale. But just Marzy will do, she's not picky. Don't be shy, Marzy, they won't bite. I'm sure Clydae doesn't hold it against you." Kadence gave his leg a little shake to dislodge the Togetic, who simply moved from hiding behind Kade's leg to hovering behind his shoulder. Just her wingtips, head spikes, and the fermata marked on her forehead peeked out, though every so often she would lift her eyes to peer around. Sure, it was easy for Kade to be friendly--he hadn't attacked anybody. It was a good thing she wasn't wild, or she probably would have had a Charizard sent out against her or something.

Even so, Marziale didn't have it in her to be bashful for long. Her curiosity started nagging at her again. That egg... she wanted to know what it was gonna be. Hatchings were always so exciting, but when Kade had eggs he already knew what they were going to be because he'd bred them himself more often than not. When the baby was left a mystery, it was much more exciting. They should definitely hurry up and get to wherever was the safest place for babies, she decided, and gave Kade's hair an impatient tug to let him know. The look he shot her just pointed out that he didn't quite understand why his hair was being pulled, though, and she really wasn't looking to go tugging the hair of the girl she'd just spent the last minute kicking, so... it looked like it was gonna be the waiting game.