• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Christmas

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've decided against Xmasing up the forums completely this year. For one, the activity here doesn't seem worthy of shutting down all the other forums in favour of last year's Santa Oak's Grotto theme.

For another, I could do without the hassle of modifying tiny little pieces of junk in an already broken to hell PHPBB.

Instead, I'm going to simply give you a nifty banner and bring over the snow from the Main Page. ^^

This shall be our OFFICIAL Xmas discussion Topic for the season. ^^

I WILL have an Xmas Prezzie for you all up before the end of the week, so if you want - you can deliberate wildly over what it is. ^^

Also, I'm interested to hear plans for Xmas.

Currently mine involve the official Pokecharms MSN Party on Saturday Night (starting around 7pmish GMT) then watching Pikachu's Winter Vacation. ^^

Edit: A feature of the MSN Party:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My plans for Christmas are to get home alive, sort out my room (which mysteriously got messed up while I was away :p), catch this MSN Party, make sure the presents I bought actually get under the tree - which has yet to be put up, celebrate Christmas morning with the family, and see Narnia that night ^^

But I am totally NOT singing for anyone :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
My plans involve bothering to get up in time to grab my presents (before my sis opens them before I'm even awake, like last year...), to actually put up some decorations other than my nan's, to have a game on my bro's new Emerald (thank god for birthdays a week before Christmas), to pouncehugtackle Katie and to catch this party thingy. Oh, and go to church at least three times.

And here's hoping you're giving out free DSs. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
w00t! The Christmas cards are flooding, and all of 'em are packed with cash! Put together with my birthday money, I've got close to $500 now in present money so far - and there's still more to come ^^

Now the question is what to spend it all on... An X-Box 360 or PSP would be nice, but the 360 is still damn expensive (wouldn't be able to afford any games for the beast) and the uses of the PSP would be lost on me. I already own an iPod and several DVD players :p

*Looks at Xmas list*

Teh plan!
a. Wait until Christmas to discover what others bought me.
b. Buy out the remaining top items from my list. (Didn't specify 'em, but there were some)
c. Pick up a few of the RPGs that you guys suggested for me.
d. Enjoy the spoils as much as possible ^_^

Keep your money till the summer and buy a plane ticket to the UK ;P

Pokecharms road trip part 2 ft. Katie! :O:O:O:O:O

The next one has to actually be completed though. I may have a car by then also so I'll drive with you guys and we can go around collecting random weirdos like some strange, human using, real life pokemon roleplay.

Yes, yes. The ultimate plan. ULIMATE.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
And of course, by then, I'll be old enough to go out on my own without my parents' knowledge (hopefully, if they EVER let me -_-).

Another plan would be to save it all up for the Revolution, which would rule. I'm already saving up for that (along with a DS)...

And 7pmish? Half an hour to go, peoples. :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Apologies for my leaving the party very early. My connection suddenly died and for some reason has been glitched since.

I've only got it working in the last 30 seconds thanks to fiddling around with the set-up.

Bloody thing.

I'll attempt to make up for it with a New Year's Eve bash.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Post your hauls people:

Mini-Fridge (:-D)
TARDIS Money Box - Eccleston Doctor (Noises/Voices are actually from the first episode)
Radio Alarm Clock that is impossible to actually get to go off... *tries to find instruction booklet again*
A bag full of sweeties and chocolates
3 Pairs of Jeans, a couple of T-shirts, some new sweaters and a pair of slippers
Too many pairs of socks
Some pens - one in the shape of a finger that farts when you pull it. ^^
GUN for my Gamecube
Sonic Rush
Pokemon Emerald

And tommorow, when the banks open again and I can get the extra cash to go out, I'll be getting the Box Set of the first season of Doctor Who. ^^

How was the Christmas party? Wish I could've made it.

-Mindtrap
-$175 for Amazon.ca
-$25 for EBGames
-$5 for Tim Horton's
-35 other random dollars
-The Dirk Gently Omnibus
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Radio Scripts (for the Tertiary, Quandary and Quintessential Phases)
-A t-shirt (Front: "All your base are belong to us." Back: "Somebody set up us the bomb!")

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Everyone left pretty early. It was a bit pants. Anyway:

+Sonic Rush
+Shadow the Hedgehog
+Pokemon XD
+Metroid Prime Echoes (For £10 as well)
+Sims 2
+Two pairs of socks
+A parker calligraphy kit
+More chocolate than I'll ever eat
+A notepad
+A sketchpad
+12 new gel pens
+Oil Pastels
+A new TV
+Some random clothes
+About £50 (£15 pound of which was an HMV gift voucher)
+And an army of Cinnamon Tic Tacs.

Video Games
Animal Crossing Wild World
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy

CDs
Dial-a-Song: 20 Years of They Might Be Giants- They Might Be Giants
NO! - They Might Be Giants
Corpse Bride soundtrack
A Danny Elfman CD, the name of which I am blanking on

Other Electronics
Portable DVD player
Flat screen TV (to share with my brother, because our current one... doesn't change channels)
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' DVD

Gift Cards
Borders
Target
Wal-Mart
Staples (???)

Books
Howl's Moving Castle 1, 2

Other
2006 National 'Duh!' Awards calendar
Chocolate covered cherries
Beef jerky
A pair of sweatpants

With some of the gift cards, I also picked up Trace Memory, Snood 2, and Baten Kaitos.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I'll only list my main presents, I've got a few too many this year to remember them all (or even to fit them in my room).

Pokemon XD
Chocolate
Fluffy caterpillar socks and Harry Potter Sorting Hat socks
More Chocolate
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight #2+3
Yet More Chocolate
Sudoku Master Challenge (electronic)
Still More Chocolate
Glittery fluffy bird pen
Even More Chocolate
2 bum bags
I know, but still... Chocolate
"Diplomacy" (computer game)
Chocolaty Chocolate
Wacom graphics tablet
Orangy Chocolate

... I think that about covers it, although I think I missed out some chocolate. And maybe some chocolate. :) There's more stuff in this bag next to me, and I might add it in when I get the time.

Well I got everything I wanted and some other stuff that are new because I saw them at the last minute

Skybreaker
watercoloring paints
CardCaptorSakura:Sakura fight vol. 5 (real japanese uncut version)

and a whole bunch of mini things. Acutally I just ordered the CardCaptor Sakura DVD today but I still count it as a Christmas present because it is with my Christmas money.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
CardCaptorSakura:Sakura fight vol. 5 (real japanese uncut version)

and a whole bunch of mini things. Acutally I just ordered the CardCaptor Sakura DVD today but I still count it as a Christmas present because it is with my Christmas money.

w00t. A fan of the real Cardcaptor Sakura, not to mention a boy. I could hug ya ^^

Keep your money till the summer and buy a plane ticket to the UK ;P

Pokecharms road trip part 2 ft. Katie! :O:O:O:O:O

The next one has to actually be completed though. I may have a car by then also so I'll drive with you guys and we can go around collecting random weirdos like some strange, human using, real life pokemon roleplay.

Yes, yes. The ultimate plan. ULIMATE.

lol... When I finally do get over to the UK it won't be with a measly $500, but still the best suggestion I've heard yet ^^

And I gotta apologise for both leaving the Christmas party and not being online since. I've got my reasons, most of which can be summed up by me feeling off-and-on like crap and being stranded at my grandparents house. Either way, come the 3rd or 4th of January I'll be back at Res and on my highspeed connection with my OWN PC ^^

And now, teh spoils:

- Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
- 5-CD Changer Stereo System
- Pokemon ThinkChip Battle Trainer
- Battle Trainer Blastoise Figure
- Battle Trainer Charizard Figure
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight Graphic Novels Boxset - Vol. 1-3
- The Lord of the Rings Deluxe Picture Dominoes
- A Timex Watch (tis purdy)
- A dragon ornament (having trouble describing it)
- Ducky Socks
- Pyjama pants
- Sarge, Pooch Patrol toy-set
- Kellogg's Cup/Spoon/Cereal set
- Assortment of Christmas stocking treats
- About $345 in Christmas Money

... Yeah, turns out nobody even saw my Christmas list. Oh well ^^;

I still have a few gifts to come from friends and possibly my brother and/or sister, and I received some nice stuff for my birthday (best of all being Disgaea and Wild Arms Alter Code: F for my PS2 ^_^).

Now I pretty much know exactly what I'm spending all my money on...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  :D