• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Christmas Lists 2012

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My family had been requesting a birthday/Christmas list from me so I tossed one at them. I figured afterwards that I may as well get our usual Christmas list discussion going too. What sorts of things are you folks asking for this year?

Stuff on my list:
- Wii U Point Cards
- The Avengers: Four-Disc Combo Set (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy + Digital Music Download)
- Gift cards for Future Shop, EBGames, or Toys R Us
- The Secret World of Arrietty (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U)
- Chocolates with mints, almonds, or peanut butter are always good
- A Wii U Pro Controller (Black)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
My brother writers a longer list each year and mine gets shorter to try and balance the amount of money our parents will spend. x3

Currently it looks like this:

Games:
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS - the only game I'm after this year.

Anime:
- Fairy Tail part 2 on DVD
- Ouran High School Host Club complete series

Manga:
- Spice & Wolf volumes 1 and 2
- Soul Eater volume 1
- Black Butler volume 1
- Vampire Knight volume 14 and 15 - Although 15 was only just released in the US so it's unlikely that anywhere in the UK has it yet, so that'll more likely be a birthday present next year.

I've held off asking for a Wii U so far, nor have I asked for my 3DS to be upgraded to an XL as I'm perfectly happy with my current model even if my parents did say I could have had the Pikachu XL. Over the year my interest has been growing in tablets for a number of reasons and I've had my eye on the iPad for a while now, but with the cost of them I don't expect one at all. I'll continue dreaming on that front. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
Is it bad I don't have one? I really don't want anything :/

Not really, and telling people you don't want anything saves them cash too~

It's only bad when someone is being indecisive yet still expects a gift. Being told "get me whatever!" when you had no flippin' clue what to buy in the first place is just frustrating. xD

I've reached the age where I genuinely want money for my savings more than any particular item, so I can inventarise what I really want to buy for it . It's not really within the Christmas spirit, though, so I might ask for Skyrim (PC) which is dirt cheap on Amazon UK and Angel Beats Blu-Ray, which is not exactly cheap but holy shit. Angel Beats in HD on my telly.

I don't really want anything other than a camera

I'm not really going to get much seeming though I've been bought a new laptop and had my New York money paid for me which all in all is around £1,200

I'm slightly interested in the Wii U but I'll wait til more of a selection is available. The only thing I could ask for is some more games for my PC or some new clothes seeming though half of mine are ruined

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I have no real idea what I want for Christmas this year. I've officially hit the point where I'm thinking practically with my gifts (and it kills me inside). When my Mom has asked me thus far I've told her to get me clothes. That's it. :|

I probably will end up throwing out a 3DS game to get me or something. Though I'm really not sure what game I even want at this point. I'll also most likely ask for The Dark Knight Rises and Moonrise Kingdom as movies. I also may get a few Kurt Vonnegut books, as I'm trying to amass his works right now. :B

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My Christmas list is rather small this year, as I'm a lucky lady and already have what I wanted ;')

Christmas List

Game of Thrones Calendar
Father Ted boxset

The Wii U isn't on there purely because it's not something I'd ask for as a gift. I'll buy it myself at some point, when there are more games I'm interested in (Pikmin 3!).

Money, Money, money, and more money!

Seriously, it's a universal gift card!

But if I had to be specific... I'm planning on trading in my Wii for a Wii U using some of mah money, and I might ask for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story.

And some Nintendo Points, but aside from that, not a whole lot.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Blazi said:
But if I had to be specific... I'm planning on trading in my Wii for a Wii U using some of mah money, and I might ask for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story.

Assuming your Wii collected dust and wasn't used for much it's a good plan, but if you bought any Virtual Console/WiiWare games or have important save files on your Wii you may want to consider trading it in after you get a Wii U. The only way to transfer downloaded games and Wii save files to the new console is via a direct connection between the two systems, otherwise you'll just lose everything (which may or may not be an issue for some people, but it definitely was for me).

-Pokemon White 2

-Many books, including The Hunters by John Flanagan, The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, The Legacies by Pittacus Lore, Legend by Marie Lu, and Trust No One by Linda Sue Park.(Yes, I read a wide range of book levels, from pre-teen to a little adult fantasy)

-iTunes Gift Card

-New Drumsticks

-New Earphones

-New Hoodies(Outgrew most of my other ones)

Well, that's it. Not asking for much, is it? ;)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
-a new microphone for me to take to college with me
-rosin
-viola bow
-new headphones/earphones
-fingerless gloves
-PLUSHIES. x50000000

pretty much it. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
Both of you have reminded me I need new headphones :p

Y'know, I'm also in need of new headphones too - or to be specific, a new headset. Mine still works but it's starting to fall apart. XD

I'm not sure if I'd put something like that on my Christmas list unless I knew which brand was worth getting tho. Instead I'll probably just save up my Christmas money and buy a headset that I know is high quality and built to last. It's worth being picky for stuff like that. :3

Well one of my headphones have fallen apart, one only works in one earphone and the wires have to been in an awkward position. And all my earphones don't work :p

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Rileyixx said:
Both of you have reminded me I need new headphones :p

Y'know, I'm also in need of new headphones too - or to be specific, a new headset. Mine still works but it's starting to fall apart. XD

Yeaaah, I actually could do with a new set of earphones too. Generally they last a year, and normally I'd buy them a little while after Christmas, but this year I don't see my current set lasting that long. ^^;

My earphones are torn, there are holes in the covering so I can see wires, the part that plugs in is also torn up, and no sound will come out of either, so I definitely need new ones :) .

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My mom's not letting me bring these to college, and either way, I need better ones because these aren't that great for my mixing purposes. XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Well headphones are the theme for Christmas this year, it would seem. Mine busted a while ago (they kinda work if I hold the cord juuuuuust right). I just picked out my new ones yesterday. :>

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
On my actual list, all I asked for was a blender because I want to make, like, fruit smoothies to wake up to instead of coffee every day. However, I was asked if I wanted a console so I subtly hinted that I'd like a 3DS.

Me, my flat mate and my boyfriend all got drunk on thursday and opened our presents to each other early though. Here's what I got:

tumblr_mfe1mfYRIw1qd22n0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfe1lhQKyH1qd22n0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfe1koH7gS1qd22n0o1_500.jpg