• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Christmas Lists 2009

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I figured it was still too early for this, but apparently not. Most of my family members have already bought their Christmas presents! (Silly nutters)

So, annual Christmas List topic time. Tell us what you want for Christmas this year.
Have fun :)

~*----------*~​

I actually haven't thought much about my list yet. Seems most everything I'd want I already own or plan to buy myself. But since people have recently started asking me what I'd like this year, let's see... (*Will update this as more ideas come to me. And no - I don't expect to get all of this! Even I'm not that greedy... XD*)

Video Games
- Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story (DS) *
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (DS)
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) *
- Little King's Story (Wii)
- LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition (PS3) *
- Guitar Hero 5 - (360)
- Playstation Network Cash Card(s) *
- Nintendo Points Card(s) *

Movies and TV shows
- Pokemon: Battle Frontier vols.1&2 box set *
- Pokemon: DP Battle Dimension vol.3 box set
- Iron Man on bluray

Other
- Money or gift certificates (?)
- Pokemon merchandise
- World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade (Need 1st) - PC *
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Comes 2nd) - PC

(* Most wanted items)

I'll add more if I can think of anything else...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I really don't know what I want. My Birthday wasn't that long ago after all. The only things that really spring to mind are the things I already know I'm getting ~

Weavile Plush

I have no earthly(or any other planet for that matter) idea what I want for Christmas this year....except:

DYNASTY WARRIORS GUNDAM 2~ I read the review for it on KoeiWarriors, and I loved what I saw. I mean, come on, a Gundam Game with the amazing-ness of Dynasty Warriors gameplay, music, and customizable Mobile Suits? That, and that it is supposedly the true definition of what a sequel should be for a Koei game.

*gets random burst of thought* I guess the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series of books would be nice. I've been dying to read them since last year, when I read Lightning Thief in English, but I've been unable to find the others(that, and I really don't feel like driving two hours to go to Barnes and Noble.)

I finally sat down and churned out a list last night. I figure some family may appreciate it before black Friday.

Games:
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Wii points card (so I can buy Rumble)

Myazaki Movies I don't currently own
Hebrew Keyboard Stickers
A pocket sized Artscroll Siddur
The complete Calvin and Hobbes

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I was wondering when this would come up. XD

-DS Lite (because all my games that I can still find are all GBA games, and yes I lost my Pearl)
If I get a DS:
-Platinum
-Mystery Dungeon 2 Game (dun care which one, I just want one)

-A Wii
If I get a Wii:
-SSBB

Misc:
-non-refurbished/vista/windows 7 laptop
-new viola strings
-some viola or piano books, so if I get bored and my computer's locked, I can play pretty music~
-iPhone or iTouch
-earphones, because mine keep breaking.

that's pretty much it. XD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
- Guitar Hero 5 or GH World Tour? - (360)

GH5 is infinitely superior. Don't bother with World Tour - unless, of course, you can still get the bundles that have all the instruments, PLUS both GH5 and WT. In which case, definitely look for that. You can't import ALL the songs in WT (yet, anyway), but the ones you CAN import are on the whole, the good ones.

- Street Fighter IV (360)

As much as you NEED to get SFIV so I can kick your ass in it, don't get SFIV now. Wait until later next year when Super Street Fighter IV is released. It's the same game, but better and with more characters. It's essentially the Platinum to Diamond and Pearl.

As for me... I'd be happy to just have going-out money as a present, really... I can't really expect much for Christmas when I owe my mum a fair chunk of cash already - so I'll be happy with whatever I get. Especially since I got the entire World Tour bundle out of my family last year. If this were any other year, I'd make a point of asking for the Doctor Who box set - but that's not an option this year...

I might break my rule of not allowing people to buy games for me by asking for one of the number of games I'm having to miss out on this season 'cos of having no monies. Maybe Assassin's Creed II?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
American dollars.

I could arrange that, just give me something worth my money. Are you any good at high quality and accurate cosplay commissions?

Anyway, I have no Christmas list yet because there is nothing in this world that I want at the moment. I don't want any videogames because I still need to beat the ones I have. :p

I'm in the same boat as Alex in that I'm short on cash, so when my parents asked I just told them to give me however much money they would have spent on me if I wanted something physical.

At this point in the game, I think I have narrowed it down to a good digital camera or a gps system. I could probably add loads more, but I think I am keeping it simple this year.

I caved in and asked for an XBOX. Too many cool games coming out that I couldn't pass it up. It will be a ton of fun playing multiplayer with friends.

Unfortunately, this year I feel obliged to be giving gifts, but I do enjoy seeing people happy, so it's not all bad.

Eh...I don't expect to be given much this year, nor am I asking for much. However, I do have a list in my head that would be pretty cool to get.

Music
'The Black Parade'- My Chemical Romance
'Under the Cork Tree'- Fall Out Boy
'For Your Entertainment'- Adam Lambert

Books
Any Stephen King book
Any Animorphs book I don't already have (I collect)
Any Michael Crichton book
Various comic books (mostly Marvel, though with some Batman, Green Arrow, and Black Canary thrown in)

Games
New Super Mario Brothers
MarioKart
Any Pokemon game for DS or Gameboy Advance/XP

Clothes
Those awesome plaid pants I've been eyeing-not sure where, though
Plaid scarf

Other
Gift cards for food or coffee
Mint dark chocolate
Peppermint candy
Dark chocolate
Aspen or cardboard gerbil bedding
Chew sticks
Gerbil food
Vinegar glass cleaner
Gerbil toys
Toilet paper
The three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender on DVD

I made a list of gifts I need to give, and the total came to around 100 dollars. :p

As a boy young enough to get trampled at any black friday event I'm going to have to do some scrounging to produce some nice gifts, but I guess I can fill in any things lacking money-wise with handmade necklaces and whatnot. I've always been pretty good at beading and colors, so I could probably make some cool necklaces for the guys and arrange some flowers for the girls.

I want an acoustic guitar with a hardshell case, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Depending on whether or not i get the DVD player that got replaced in the family by a Blu-Ray a couple days ago, I might want a DVD player.

So my list is:
-Acoustic Guitar
-Battle Revolution
-Explorers of Sky
-DVD Player (maybe)

The things on my Christmas list are...

Games

Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Clothes

Mainly church clothes and regular clothes

I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I changed my mind because HG and SS are coming out sooner and I want some things more than others.

-Money to preorder Pokemon HG and SS
-Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
-Sonic Rush (or Heroes, not sure yet)
-Acoustic Guitar with hardcase

I waaaaaaaant

some scultable sculpty clay sorta thing

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Oblivion for the XBox (which I know I'm getting :D)

I don't really want it, but I think I am getting a calendar. That's what shape the gift is.

Some CDs.

Pokemon cards.

Maybe some books but I'm not looking for anything in particular.

And I think that's all I really asked for. :U

Well..I kinda already know what I'm getting seeing as how my mom told me, but who knows I might get something I didnt ask for! xD

Anyways, I'm getting:

A laptop
Miss Me jeans
Shirts from Buckle
A flower ring from American Eagle
Sonic Mega Collection Plus(that comes with Shadow the Hedgehog)
Bare Minerals makeup
True Religion perfume
A purse form Buckle
candy and chocolate

And that's all I can remember xP

I don't have much on my "must get" list, but that's because I've been straying a bit from checking out the latest games, gizmos, and other stuff. Though I did manage to get a desire for these things

[list type=decimal]
[*]Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (even though the European release date is ages yet, I still want it on the list)
[*]Modern Warfare 2
[*]Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (As long as the link has a big head, I can call him Toon Link)
[*]Assassin's Creed 2 (PC version that is, Wikipedia says it exists)
[*]Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
[*]Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
[*]Some sort of attachment that would make the clock for my Itouch dance (if only Apple had them...)
[*]A successful lawsuit against Apple for not having dancing clocks
[*]Chocolate
[/list]

Hey, that is quite a few things, but it's likely most of them won't appear, since I actually forgot to ask for half of them. So, yeah. Merry Christmas Pokecharms!

What I get? Hopefully some moneys, and I already got this awesome Fossil Maverick Bag:
Brown_front_UH_05.jpg

Which cost about as much as a Wii. Maybe I should have gone with the Wii D:

and I already ordered some "presents" for me:
Super Punchout for SNES
Zelda Minish Cap
Pokemon Saphire
Contra 3 the Alien Wars (HELL YEAH)
and a GB Micro D:

This is the main few things that I want this year.

-World of Warcraft- Wrath of the Lich King
-Mario and Luigi- Bowser's Inside Story
-Mario Kart DS
-MXC on DVD
-Microsoft Point Card
-WoW Subscription Card

All I really hope to get this year is the Nikon D3000....which is about 500 bucks. I'm pretty sure my dad will take me up on the offer in which I pay for 200 of it....

Other, smaller things I thought of were a few books, NSMB Wii, and maybe a tripod :D

But I really do have a lot more than I need right now.

Welp, I only really want two specific things, a laser mouse and a tablet. Aaaaaaaaand I'm getting them both. So woot woot skiboot.

Clothes and chocolate would be nice too... Probably getting jewelry from my Grandma. Cuz it's a small box that's pretty light. So yeah.