1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Help

Discussion in 'Questions and Site Feedback' started by Magpie, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Meh. Well, I think I finally figured out why I haven't been able to access the chat. Which leads me to the following two questions;

1. The reason I can't connect, is because I turned down the certificate that popped up asking if I trusted it or not. Like the safety freak I am, I did not trust this unknown certificate and clicked 'Never allow'. Ah, but now I find that the chat needed me to trust it >_< So, my question is, does anyone know how to make Firefox re-ask me the question?

2. Upon finding that I had a really old version of Internet explorer still installed on my Mac, I thought 'hey, I'll try this'. And sure enough, it asked me about the certificate and I said 'Trust' (Firefox still won't let me on). I logged into chat just fine... except nothing happens. The chat says that people are in the chat, but I can't see what they are saying. I refreshed a few times but stopped, because I don't want to annoy those happily chatting by popping in and leaving again over and over.

Can anyone help?

(I apologise to anyone in the chat when I was trying to access it earlier)

2. Prof. Cinders

Prof. Cinders Mathemagician
    Staff Member Administrator

We aren't always the most active of people on the chat - hardly anyone's spoken the entire time I've been on it today, about 3 hours now - so don't expect conversations to be rolling around even if people are online. Sorry if the lack of talking confused you, if that was indeed the problem. ^^" As for the certificate problem, I have no idea, sorry.

3. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, maybe that's the case. Though I was 'messing' around for quite a while trying to get it working, and no left or joined in that entire time, so it could be another issue. I gave up because people must have gotten sick of seeing 'Silvermagpie_is_a_N00b has joined the chat :p

Lol, at least my old browser might be working then. I'll just have to use that for the time being... and hope people talk ^^

Thanks a lot :)