• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmsdex errors

On Skitty's page http://www.pokecharms.com/webdex/index.php?Pokemon=Skitty , the stats for Pay Day (under other special attacks) are the same as Flash. They shouldn't be.

Also, given any thought to including pounds and feet alongside meters and kilograms?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stuff I've encountered:

- For Chikorita, Vinewhip has the same stats/description as Sleep Talk.

- Nidoran F should be in the Monster/Ground egg groups.

- Magnemite/Magneton are genderless, so that 50% for each gender is wrong.

- Some places stick Magnemite, Magneton, Beldum's line, Lunatone, Solrock, Voltorb and Electrode in the "Mineral" egg group. Others stick them in Genderless. Which is it?

- Not sure if there's anything you can do about this, but when you search for "Thunder" the attack list doesn't even display it under TMs (only T-Bolt).

- The Genderless egg group isn't on the Breeding Group list for the Advanced search.

I think that's it so far.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't take it anymore. I'm too much of a perfectionist to keep looking at it! >.>

* Synchronize
Description: Opponent receives inflicted Status condition (Poison, Paralysis, Burn) UNLESS a Pokemon's Ability or Type would never allow the status condition (ie. You can't Paralyze a Pokemon with Limber

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If we're all really lucky, I may be going through these tommorow (Sunday) and fixing them up.

So any others you've noticed would be appreciated by the end of tommorow if you want to see them get fixed any time soon. :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Also, given any thought to including pounds and feet alongside meters and kilograms?

Double Posting because I can :p

Specifically I made it metres and kilograms for the obvious reason that we are a UK/European site and the standard measurement across Europe and the UK is metric. I dunno if we'll have pounds/kilograms in the future but I wont count it out. Depends if there's enough of a call for it to put it in front of other upgrades for the Dex.

Also, all fixed except for this one:

- Not sure if there's anything you can do about this, but when you search for "Thunder" the attack list doesn't even display it under TMs (only T-Bolt).

Which perplexes me as it has the exact same code as the normal attacks - so therefore should display it the same way. I'll have to look into it further.

Specifically I made it metres and kilograms for the obvious reason that we are a UK/European site and the standard measurement across Europe and the UK is metric.

Well, yeah, I got that part. :p I just figured that having feet and pounds might make it more accessible to your site-goers from the US. I mean, ultimately, it's not a big deal, but it'd be a nice touch.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree really. Whether this is a UK/Euro site or not, it might as well be as accessible to everyone as possible. I'd think that there already is enough call for it, even if people don't voice it specifically.

But in the end... Blame the US for refusing to change. Metric is in. What's taking the US so long to catch up? :p

Because...we're just...stupid that way?

I mean, it's on all of our rulers, but...ya know...we don't use that side much.

Wait, I take it all back, they're making us do science-y stuff with metric, like in Biology and shtuffs. But that's about it...

I prefer to use metric when I can just because it's more precise. But I don't know any frames of reference. I mean, I know I'm roughly 6 feet tall and I can gauge things from that, but what do I do with a meter?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Did one other thing I've been half meaning to do for a while today:

http://www.pokecharms.com/webdex/index.php?No=386

Deoxys now has stats (and in a sly way, images) for all it's 4 forms.

But in the end... Blame the US for refusing to change. Metric is in. What's taking the US so long to catch up?

WOOP WOOP! Right on! Us Aussies have metric and it rules! Makes so much more sense than .....*shiver* cannot bring myself to say it....*another shiver*.....

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LOL...

I can't believe I was the first to notice this, and only because I was doing a Type search. Charizard is listed solely as a Fire-type - no Flying-type tacked on. Not a big deal, but yeah...

I may or may not have found an error.

Is the pidgey line supposed to have air-lock or unstable gait as a second ability? I have seen much conflicting information.

Air-lock just seems so much cooler than Perap's signature ability.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Pidgey line has Air Lock. All the data being used has been ripped directly from the game.

Incidentally, should make it clear that Air Lock is DP only, I just haven't implimented the bit to point that out in the Dex - just in case anyone was wondering.

Not to belittle your tendrilicious info gathering ability but most other sites indicate it is Unstable gait. Including loadingNOW's pokedex.

Still, as far as *I* actually know it still could be either... :p