• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Charms Organized Play - Wii're playing Pokemon =)

That was really one of the most awesome matches I ever had.

The whole wifi thingie was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the people who battled me, it was lotsa fun!

Twas nice losing to you all. ;D Seriously I had fun, learned some things, and that I need to get a competitive team.... Thanks Carmen for battling me twice and for the advice. You're losing next time ;)

Yep, we shall certainly see XD I've battled nearly everyone with my current team so I'm switching it up soon. I hope people are up for poffin making next week!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Posting a link to this here since many of you guys may be interested ^^

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7069.0

I'm holding a Secret Santa for the entire Charms community. If you want in on it, let me know XD

----------------​

I've updated the "Latest News and Updates" section of the first post, but just to bring further attention to it:

Added Dec. 14th - The first mini-tourney is finalized. As noted above, we'll be using the standard Competitive Battling Rules. If you're interested in taking part, remember to be available on January 2nd. January 9th will also be used if we need a second date to finish everything off. Note: If you can't compete during the 6 PM GMT session but CAN during the one at 6 PM EST, let me know as soon as possible.

The latter bit of the quote is VERY important for any of our members who only attend after 6 PM EST.

So far it's looking like we'll only be holding a single mini-tourney for everyone, but I'd like to factor in any members who can't take part during the first meet time. If you're North American (or possibly a UKer too) and you know in advance that you won't be available midday but will be free in the evening (aka. after 6 PM EST/11 PM GMT), let me know ASAP so I can keep a spot open for you in the tourney.

That said, it'd be helpful if everyone interested in taking part lets me know in advance. As of now I have Sem and Fumanshu down for tentative participation and Carmen/Ruko/KoL as not participating, but I'm not sure on anyone else. So, yeah. Let me know if you can. It'd definitely help :)

Put me down as tentative aswell, cause I am at church on saturdays but since i back home i maybe out all day. If i can get on my cousins wifi then I will be in otherwise I am not sure if i can take part unfortunately (that being at 6 GMT).

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As a note, if you wish to test your 3vs3 team out for the tournament, I'll be more than happy to provide practice battles for you. Just drop me a line in the chat and I'll see what I can do for you.

PM me asking and I'll gut you instead.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cool guys :)

Okay, so looking like this so far...

Mini-Tourney No. 1 Participants List
Sem (tentative)
Fumanshu (tentative)
LoN (tentative)
Blisk
Bal (tentative)
Shocari
Tangrow

If more of you guys are interested in competing, let me know and I'll update this list with your name.

However, considering how many people are currently tentative I'll probably play this by ear. Depending on how many people actually show I might reschedule this for a day when a larger number of people are present.

Feel free to put me down as showing up ^^ The date just so happens to be a time I'm available, and I'm sure I can round up a team by then.

Sorry I couldn't make it today. I was busy Christmas shopping for my family. I'll try and make it the day after Christmas. Wish I coulda been there!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No worries, Blisk. Not many people were available yesterday, and of those that were only a few people actually played. It's just that time of year XD

So, I should let you know that my semester is ending, and as such I will no longer be able to mooch off of the campus Wifi. I should be back January 30, assuming this is still going. Seeing as Shabbat is ending later then, I will probably show up some time between 7 and 7:30PM EST and that time will get progressively later as we move toward the summer.

It's been fun.
Have a good holiday y'all.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just curious, will we submit our teams or just show up with what we want for the next mini-tourney?

Just show up. As long as everyone's there in a timely manner, it shouldn't take me too long to confirm everything as fair. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Haha... ahh, yeah XD;

Things didn't really go anywhere yesterday (*Pats Bal*). We are still on for the mini-tourney on January 2nd, but if the turnout numbers are too low I'll be rescheduling it for another day - probably around the end of January.

That is all. Laterz guys ^^

Also, all members please read this this thread if you haven't already. Any responses given will help to shape how Charms Organized Play is run in the future. Thank you ^^

Any way you can set a specific date to when the tourney shall be held so I can schedule around it? Right now, I'm just attending the meetings when I can instead of planning for it because nothing important enough is going on (like the tourney). Not trying to sound like I don't have fun and all, but if I have something come up, I can't be on here. I really wanna do the tourney though so I want to be able to plan around it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Any way you can set a specific date to when the tourney shall be held so I can schedule around it? Right now, I'm just attending the meetings when I can instead of planning for it because nothing important enough is going on (like the tourney). Not trying to sound like I don't have fun and all, but if I have something come up, I can't be on here. I really wanna do the tourney though so I want to be able to plan around it.

It's hard to say is the thing. The meetings have been pretty barren lately, and there's really no reason to hold the tourney when nobody can attend. Pretty sure it's UK exam time right now, eh? That would do it.

Might not be for another few weeks, at least until after all the exams are done. I'll see how things go at the next meeting and let you know then. :)

The exams should be over either this week or next since i know for a fact that its our reading weeks next week ie no one is in uni unless they doing work or work there like me.... lol so over the next 2 weeks would probs be good since for uni students semester doesnt start quite yet and secondary school students should have done there exams already i think well there mock exams.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh? Hmm...

Maybe we'll aim for that then: January 30th. That should give everyone the time they need to finish up exams and to finish sorting their teams out.

Any takers? XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I would definitely suggest coming along today if you have, or are thinking about, signing up for Pokecharms vs PokemonWorld, since I have stated in the tournament thread that I will only be picking the best battlers out of all those who sign up. If you don't show up for test battles, then odds are I won't pick you.

Note that test battles can take place at any time with me (as long as I'm around,) so if you can't do today, try and catch me some other time and I'll see what I can arrange. Today would be the most convenient day for it, mind you.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Not looking likely that we'll be holding that tourney next week, guys. I'm still not feeling very confident about the turnout numbers. Sorry, Blisk. Looks like you're just going to have to play it by ear until activity levels pick up again =/

However, considering the Charms Vs PokemonWorld Tournament is now in the works, it might be best that battlers just focus on preparing for it for now. The meets can just be for the usual and practice battles :)

Ok. Thanks for informing me. I wish the tourney could have still been on. All well. I still have the Charms/World and Fishing ones left. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yo yo.

Wanted to point out a quick change to the general Charms Organized Play description. If you guys know anyone who just wants to drop by the meetings for some random battles/trading/etc., it's perfectly fine. There's no obligation for people to sign-up, it just means they won't be included in the battle rankings and stuff.

Additionally, feel free to use our meets as an easy way to organize trades/battles with random people. Assuming the person you're trying to trade/battle with also has mIRC downloaded, the Saturday meetings make for a good reference time/location.

Guess that's it for now. :)

Tailon

Gryffindork
Methinks I'll sign up now I have access to the chat

Preferred name to be called:Tailon
Your Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s): 0689 1417 6009 (Platinum)
Do you have one or more teams raised for competitive play?: just one, but yes
Which level(s) do you prefer to battle at?: 100
Prefer Single-battles, Double-battles, or enjoy both?: Single
Do you use Voice Chat over the WFC?: yes
What are your favorite WFC-related activities?: Battle, and Battle Frontier coop
What Timezone do you live in?: Pacific

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you there Tailon, and so many of you other guys too!

Great to have gotten the first fun tourney on the go too, its been fun so far :)

And because of luck (according to Magpie) I didn't make it past the first round. You HAVE to post the results Katie so I can see how everyone else did. At least the finals... :p

Great to see you there Tailon. That was the most fun I've had in a while. I'll be sure to show up next week.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Your wish is my command, Blisk ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Mini-Tourney #1 - 3 on 3, Standard Rules

LoN vs. Tailon77 - Database vs. Fumanshu - Magpie vs. Blisk - Bal vs. Linkachu

LoN vs. Fuman - Magpie vs. Bal

LoN vs. Magpie

VICTOR: Magpie

After a match for 3rd place between Fuman and Bal, the final standings are…

3rd: Bal
2nd: LoN
1st: Magpie

Video of final match: 74-88678-74867

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again to everyone who took part! It was fun ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, was great :D

The semis certainly were interesting, lady luck showed her hand on numerous occasions.

Can't wait for the next one ^^

Cool. My loss was the foreshadowing of the Champion.

I can't wait til the Double Battle Gym Leader one. I already have a team planned. It's going to be stellar!

Thanks for doing a great job of organizing this with such short notice, Katie.

Wow last night was soo much fun :). A big well done to Magpie cant believe our battle was sooo close but I am glad she won :D but I will get her next time hehe. Not sure if I will be in the next tournament if it is a doubles match but we will see :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just a note.

Like last week, I probably won't be present at the meets much today (if at all). Things have gotten busy with my Uni course/other life events/etc. and I've found myself lacking spare time, so I apologize for my absence.

If anyone wanted to discuss anything with me concerning the meets, drop me a line here/via a PM. Otherwise, laters you guys! :)

I also apologize for not being at the past few meets...I just haven't been home on Saturdays lately. And I haven't had time to raise my new team. Yes, I'm seriously considering asking someone to help EV my team XD Either way, I just want to say I'm grateful for the people who have been able come!