• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Charms Organized Play - Wii're playing Pokemon =)

I've also got Mario Kart and Brawl for WFC if that matters.

Also don't know how any of the Chat stuff work online (the IRC stuff). So, Linkachu, can you PM what it does, how to set it up, use it and whatnot because I would love to join the COP also. Just never done anything like it before. Can't wait for the 2 vs 2 Gym battle Tournament. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've also got Mario Kart and Brawl for WFC if that matters.

Doesn't matter in this thread, but feel free to mention it in the "Christmas Holiday Brawl Fest" topic on the General Gaming Discussion board :)

Also don't know how any of the Chat stuff work online (the IRC stuff). So, Linkachu, can you PM what it does, how to set it up, use it and whatnot because I would love to join the COP also. Just never done anything like it before. Can't wait for the 2 vs 2 Gym battle Tournament. ;)

Sure. I don't have a whole lot of time to do so now, but I'll drop you a PM either while at work or after work about the basics of getting started. Thanks for joining ^^

Also, I think this needs to be said. While I trust Blisk to stick around, I'm not sure about the others (no offense), so this is going to be an unwritten rule for brand new members: If you ask to join Charms Organized Play and never show up within this thread again, don't contact me via PMs or some other means to explain why you haven't shown yet, or never join the #PokecharmsWFC meetings - you will not be added onto the Members List. Only after you make a proper show of interest will I place you on.

Call me picky, but I'm starting to notice a pattern and it's beginning to clog up the members list. Souloux is the exception, but Toad Dude has never shown again and Spix has never replied to my PM from weeks ago... I'd just rather know that the people on the members list are actually going participate.

Anyways, if you're planning to join please really consider whether you're truly interested or not. I don't mind if people join in advance with intentions of taking part at a later time because they simply can't now, but... tell us that? Don't just leave it as a single form. To me - and probably the other members too - it looks like you joined on the fly and weren't really that interested to begin with. =/

I'm sure to stick around, just I just don't know if I can this week because of if it's set up to do it or not with every. Lol. But I will be getting on as often as possible when everything's set up to do it.

Saturday was really fun, was a shame I had to leave early but had two fun battles with Ruko and Sem even though I am sorry you had to be put through that torture lol. Looking forward to this Saturday (sorry my posts are like well after the event happened I don't get much time to do much lol KoL will back me up on that one :p). Looking forward to meeting all the new battlers this weekend.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, knowing that you're busy but will still make time for the meets is pretty snazzy. Makes us feel special ;)

Also, for all of you guys with Brawl:
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7026.0

We've tentatively set the date for our Christmas Brawl Fest as December 20th (it's a Sunday). Check out that thread for further details. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yea, was mine and Sem's battle recorded?

No it wasn't, because neither of you told me to XD

Unless it's mentioned to me directly, I'm going to assume by default all battles are not to be counted. It's just easier that way for everyone involved.

Good news is, there's an extremely high chance I'll be able to show up this Saturday, in case you guys missed me ;) I plan on doing whatever it takes to be able to show for either, if not both, times.

As it stands, I have a brand new team cooked up that will be available for battle on Saturday(if the EV training as a whole goes remembered XD), and I look forward to seeing any new faces I didn't see at the very first meet :3

Ahh right because I think it was said just before I had to go but no worries will have to see if i can get a win or two tomorrow ;D see you all then

Unfortunately, I just found out that we're putting up the Christmas tree tomorrow so I doubt I can come. But we usually do it in the afternoon if I remember right so I might be able to squeeze in for the GMT time one. I hope. Sorry for not being able to get on for my first meeting.... :(

Hey, Blisk, twas a nice battle(you didn't do as bad as you think). I enjoyed it.

I have no idea how this ranking thing goes, but uh...I won. so...yeah.

Hey, Blisk, twas a nice battle(you didn't do as bad as you think). I enjoyed it.

I have no idea how this ranking thing goes, but uh...I won. so...yeah.
Thanks. You did well too, obviously. I was using I team I had trained somewhat so that I didn't have a disadvantage based on EVs. Still lost. lol.

Magpie, I had fun doin Battle Factory with you. We pwned. We never lost (not countin the not finishing cuz I had to leave lol)

I had a ton of fun doin this and I'll attempt to make the EST time. I was surprised I stayed so long for the first session.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I had awesome fun with you too, Blisk, and we did do rather well. We'll have to do it again sometimes

We might be able to if we are both on at the second session today. Doubt i'll be able too. So far since I left, I just have been able to jump on the forum every now and then to check replies. I'm so glad I found time to do one session though.

Awesome times this evening included Arcading with Ruko, Making tons of poffins with Tangrow and Virgil, and then having a spontaneous battle with Virgil when Tangrow left.

Apparently Virgil does not like my Gengar.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Shocari and I had a great 6v6 double battle, which was lots of fun! I can remember if we said the results were being recorded, so that's up to him :D

Carmen and I had a great battle too! Her team was awesomesause, especially when a certain team member of hers outsped both Flygon and Floatzel XD
It came down to one Pokemon each, which in my opinion always certifies an awesomely fun and challenging battle! Carmen

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for joining, Blisk and Tan. Nice seeing you both there, too ^^

So, even though my day was horribly broken up I played Battle Frontier with Sho, Sem, and Ruko. It was fun. :)

Edit: Members list updated. Blisk and Tan were added, and Spix was removed. If she'd like to rejoin laters that's fine - just cleaning stuff up for now.

I haven't added Zeroru yet because, as of now, he can't actually participate. Once he can, tho, I'll put him on, too. ^^

I think we should use the Alternate so that it's more fair based on which Pokemon you use. Like pseudos. But to most Pokemon, it doesn't affect a lot of teams.

EDIT: I forgot about the no preference option... I choose that because neither affect my team too much.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm going to have to push for standard here as well. I intended the Alternate rules to be for casual play only, not for use in any sort of tournament. Restrictions is OK for casual players, but for tournaments it no longer becomes a means of enforcing diversity so much as it becomes an excuse not to think by simply saying "Can't beat it? Ban it."

I have to agree with KoL on this one because if that was the case I would have banned every pokemon he ever used :p or just banned him hehe. I think the standard list is definitely sufficient because anyone can beat someone elses team look how many times uber teams have been beaten by standard teams.

As much as I like the Restricted Rules better, I'll go with no preference and my team is legal under both set of rules. I'm pretty sure it'd fair well under either system of rules and if doesn't then...oh well XD But any other team I create will likely be made with the Restricted rules in mind, not the standard rules.

There are advantages to both so I would do like KoL and see what my opponent does.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
As my team would be legal under both sets of rules, my initial responce would be no preference.

My entire collection of 'Team' Pokemon totals nine, three of which are NU. That would I guess put me at a disadvantage in a tourney under the standard rules, but in all fairness that is my choice. I can't help it if my favourites tend to be lacking in the OU department XP

However, since this tourney is 3v3, I think the overall outcome of the battle will be down to choice, rather than tier, with a good splash of luck thrown in for good measure. If I took three Pokemon in who are weak against ice, lets say Salamence, Dragonite and Zapdos, and my opponent had a strong Ice attack or two, then the fact those three Pokemon would be banned together under the Restricted rules would be irrelevant. They're in trouble. From 3v3 experience, that's how I feel. It's down to good choice and team work, rather than individual Pokemon power.

Thar be my penny of thought :D

Edit: Heh, turns out three of my Pokemon are NU, not just Murkrow. Manectric needs moar love

I also have an idea for something to do during the meetings. I think this is possible on wifi, but if it's possible, the people with Platinum can do an egg swap with the egg thing. All Platinum users could get an egg of something rare or unique (ie egg moves) and then we swap with 3 others and boom. We have no idea what it is. I think this would be fun.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the quick responses you guys. Very appreciated. I'll finalize the vote count by the next meeting(s) :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I can't help it if my favourites tend to be lacking in the OU department XP

OU doesn't necessarily = the best. Forretress, for all its functionality, really doesn't do anything that spectacular and yet still manages to be OU, and the Rotom Appliances I can tell you from experience are horribly overrated as far as defenders go, yet they're all OU as well.

Just because something's used a lot, doesn't mean it's any good. Likewise, just 'cause something's not used much at all doesn't mean that it's crap. Manectric's stats are still decent as far as sweeping goes - stat-wise Manectric's better than Flygon offensively and Flygon's OU.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I was kind of joking with that statement, I know OU doesn't necessarily mean better. All the same, I'm sure Thunderdog appreciates your thumbs up XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really follow any of the "official" lists for OU/BL/NU myself. I kinda have my own lists in my mind. It'd be amusing to see how everyone would organize their lists if given the chance to make some up...

you can add me too I guess :O

Preferred name to be called:Fumanshu, Fuman, King of the Ring
Your Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s):pokemon Platinum 1805 8090 1557
Do you have one or more teams raised for competitive play?: I can get some teams together if I have to.
Which level(s) do you prefer to battle at?: 100. Good standard
Prefer Single-battles, Double-battles, or enjoy both?: Never did Double battles, but I might get into them soon
Do you use Voice Chat over the WFC?: Never tried it D:
What are your favorite WFC-related activities?: INTERNET!
What Timezone do you live in?: Europe, but the timezone thingie doesnt really count, as Im online at all times somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I don't know how long I will be available on Saturday for because I have my works christmas do to go to but will stick around for as long as possible

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alrighty, it's that time again. Anyone who wants to join us, drop in.

I'm going to finalize the rules set for the first mini-tourney today, too :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I don't really follow any of the "official" lists for OU/BL/NU myself. I kinda have my own lists in my mind. It'd be amusing to see how everyone would organize their lists if given the chance to make some up...

You've actually inspired me to do just that right now. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heheh. Well, I accomplished my goal today. Gen 4 PokeDex finally COMPLETE! And all thanks to you lovely members.

Seriously, lots of

Twas nice losing to you all. ;D Seriously I had fun, learned some things, and that I need to get a competitive team.... Thanks Carmen for battling me twice and for the advice. You're losing next time ;)

Wow what a match :D just fought Fumanshu and it went down to one pokemon each but i lost but was an awesome match though so overall, another awesome wifi weekend thanks guys :D hope to see you next week (if my family allow me to change my router settings at home hehe)