• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Charms Organized Play - Wii're playing Pokemon =)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
  • Next scheduled gatherings: February 27th at 6 PM GMT (1 PM EST) and 6 PM EST (5 PM Central/3 PM PST).

Planned Activities: Nothing specific. Do whatever you want! =)

IRC Channel: #PokecharmsWFC, server irc.systemnet.info (SystemNET).

You'll need have mIRC/Chatzilla/etc. downloaded to connect to the channel. If you're downloading/setting up one of those programs specifically to join these group meetings but aren't fully sure how, feel free to ask within this topic.

-------------​
    Upcoming Mini-Tournaments

Mini-Tourney No. 2
    Date: To be announced 2010
    Time: Our usual times
    Type of competition: 4 vs 4 double battles, same-type teams
    Rules: Be a double-battling Gym Leader! Pick from any type of Pokemon you'd like and raise 'em up for this Gym Leader-styled brawl (round-robin battling format). Dual-type Pokemon are allowed so long as the team as a whole share a single type. All standard battling rules apply but with one exception - since this is a Gym Leader-style tourney, no legendaries of any sort may be used (just wouldn't be proper XD).

-------------​
    Latest Updates and General News
    • Added January 30th - Due to a great turnout today, we decided to hold the first mini-tournament. 8 challengers, bracket-style, 3 on 3, standard rules. Congrats to Magpie, our victor, LoN (2nd), and Bal (3rd), and a big thank you to everyone else who participated. It was definitely fun ^^

For further information on the latest updates/news bits, check out my various posts within this thread.

-------------​

Without further ado...

'Charms Organized Play: Overview

What is it?
    Charms Organized Play (Charms OP for short) is a set of regularly scheduled meetings over the internet for the Pokecharms community via mIRC and the #PokecharmsWFC chat. During each session participants are free to discuss general wireless play of the Pokémon video game series, take part in WFC-related activities (such as voice chatting, battling, trading, Pokémon Platinum mini-games, poffin mixing, video exchanges, and Battle Frontier doubles) and compete in mini-tournaments.

Generally how would each session be run?
    Each Saturday at 6 PM GMT and 6 PM EST members meet up in the #PokecharmsWFC channel to discuss and play Pokemon. Members are free to do whatever they want during each session (i.e. set-up battles, voice chat with a friend, plan trades, and so forth), and sometimes more structured mini-tournaments may be done as well. How long each session runs for depends on interest and activity levels.

What do you mean by "mini-tournaments"?
    The mini-tournaments are basically more heavily directed group activities. Examples of such could be smaller battling competitions and Platinum mini-game tourneys. Members are free to suggest new mini-tourneys to be held so long as they can be easily organized and run in a timely manner during scheduled meeting times.

How can I join in?
    If you own any of the 4th generation Pokémon RPGs, have some spare time, access to the Wi-Fi Connection, and can join the #PokecharmsWFC chat — you're good to go. Just drop by during one of the scheduled meets for some random fun, or fill out the quick "form" below to become a permanent member. All of the standard Pokecharms rules apply while you're in the chat and moderators will be present, so play nicely. Beyond that, don't be a stranger! All interested members are welcome =)

-------------------------------------------​

Signing up is simple. Just copy, paste, and fill out the form below with as much information as possible in your reply to this thread. Thanks!

Preferred name to be called:
    Your Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s):
    Do you have one or more teams raised for competitive play?:
    Which level(s) do you prefer to battle at?:
    Prefer Single-battles, Double-battles, or enjoy both?:
    Do you use Voice Chat over the WFC?:
    What are your favorite WFC-related activities?:
    What Timezone do you live in?:

Important note: It is NOT necessary to have a competitive team trained to participate in these groups, so feel free to join in even if you don't.

If you have any general questions, comments, concerns, or ideas related to Charms Organized Play, feel free to discuss them within this topic or send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Important Note: If at any point you would like to be removed from the members list, just make a reply in this thread or send me a PM requesting such. Keep in mind that you will not be kicked out if you can not attend every gathering. Just drop by whenever you're available.

That said... If you are banned from the forums, or vanish for an extended period of time without any word of your return, you will be removed from the members list. If you'd like to rejoin at a later time that's perfectly fine - there's just little reason to keep dead members on the list.

Registered Members List

Linkachu
Preferred names: Katie or Linkachu/Linky/Links
Friend IDs: 1118-6959-5617 (Platinum)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: Yes
Preferred Level Caps: None
Singles or Doubles?: Both
Voice Chat?: Yes
Favorite WFC Activities: I love it all, but definitely dig the Battle Frontier co-op play.
Timezone: Atlantic

Gerudo Ganon (aka. King of Lucario)
Preferred names: KoL
Friend IDs: 2192-4548-0204 (Platinum)
Preferred Level Caps: L. 100
Singles or Doubles?: Singles
Voice Chat?: No
Favorite WFC Activities: "Kicking your sorry ass all the way back to Gen III. Wi-Fi games are cool too."
Timezone: GMT

Silver Magpie
Preferred names: Magpie or Ferne
Friend IDs:
3480-8902-3351 (Platinum)
4382-0799-9237 (Diamond, Mostly for trading)
Preferred Level Caps: L. 50, 100, and Baby Cup
Singles or Doubles? : Double-battling, but enjoys both
Favorite WFC Activities: "Battling/Trading. I've never played any of the mini-games."

LoN
Preferred names: LoN or Adam
Friend IDs: 5456-5850-7945 (Platinum)
Preferred Level Caps: L. 50, 100, Baby Cup
Favorite WFC Activities: "Battling/Battle Frontier. Willing to trade and try the other stuff as well however."

Ruko
Preferred names:
Friend IDs: 3266 5134 3054 (Platinum)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: Baby Cup 3v3 team only
Preferred Level Caps: L. 50, 100, Baby Cup
Singles or Doubles?:
Voice Chat?:
Favorite WFC Activities:
Timezone: US Central

Shocari
Preferred names: Shocari or Sho
Friend IDs: 1848 8059 2997 (Platinum)
Preferred Level Caps: L. 50, 100
Voice Chat?: No preference
Favorite WFC Activities: "Battling. It gives me a chance to make changes on any teams."

Souloux
Preferred names:
Friend IDs:
2664 8315 1619 (Platinum)
4511 1649 9076 (Pearl)
Singles or Doubles?:
Voice Chat?:
Favorite WFC Activities:

Database
Preferred names: Database
Friend IDs: 0259 5366 8956 (Diamond)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: No
Preferred Level Caps: L. 50, 100
Voice Chat?: Occasionally
Favorite WFC Activities: "Battling mostly - I can't do most of the minigames!"

Xatu
Preferred names: Xatu or Dan
Friend IDs:
2019-6907-9492 (Diamond)
4640-9011-7356 (Platinum)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: "Not yet, I keep procrastinating. (School gets in the way of everything.)"
Preferred Level Caps: No preference
Singles or Doubles?: Doubles, but will play both.
Favorite WFC Activities: "Never really done any before."

Balakai
Preferred names: Balakai or Bal
Friend IDs: 0172 7941 6876 (Diamond)
Singles or Doubles?: Singles
Favorite WFC Activities: Battling

Cody *implodes*
Preferred names: Cody
Friend IDs: 3695 7053 3090 (Platinum)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: Not yet
Preferred Level Caps: No preference
Singles or Doubles?: "Both, but I prefer doubles just a bit more"
Favorite WFC Activities: "Anything, to be totally honest."
Timezone: Eastern US

Shado
Preferred names: Shado, Skull, or Absol
Friend IDs: 4769 3322 3175 (Platinum)
Competitive Team(s) Available?: No
Preferred Level Caps: N/A
Singles or Doubles?: N/A
Favorite WFC Activities: Wobuffet Pop =D
Timezone: EST

Reina Carmen
Preferred Name: Carmen
Friend IDs:
2878 9226 6230 (Diamond- for battling)
0001 9941 8047 (Platinum- for minigames)
Competitive Team(s): Yes
Singles or Doubles?: Single
Voice Chat: No
Favorite WFC Activities:[/b] Making Poffins
Timezone: EST

Sem
Preferred names: Sem the Awesome, or Sem the Vain: either works. Or just Sem

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Charms Organized Play Rankings

Alrighty. There are some ground rules for these rankings that everyone MUST read & heed to prevent confusion and promote fairness. Thank you~

[list type=decimal]
[*]This should go without saying, but only registered members of Charms Organized Play will be included in these rankings. If you're not already registered and would like to join the rankings, please see the first post of this topic.
[*]Only members who request to be included in the rankings will be listed. It's perfectly fine if you're simply here to battle for fun.

[*]For anyone who is part of the rankings, it must be agreed upon by both members (preferably before the match begins) whether or not you want your battle counted and if you're following the Pokecharms Competitive Battling Rules or Alternate Battling Rules. Once the battle is over, both members must confirm the results by posting them in this thread or by telling me within the WFC chat (if I'm available). Remember to include which type of battle you fought.

[*]If you're part of the rankings, be a good sport about it. Don't gloat if you win or make a fuss if you lose, and don't be an ass if a member who'd like to battle you doesn't want the match counted. That said, if you agreed in advance to count the match, stick to your word and post your results. Disconnectors suck too, and anyone caught doing so intentionally will be blacklisted.

[*]This also goes without saying, but if you're caught battling with hacked Pokemon or hacked movesets you will be blacklisted and kicked off the ranking charts - if not banned from Charms OP in general. Hacking Dittos with 31 in all IVs and using them to breed your Pokemon counts as hacking as well, even if the Pokemon you use is bred "normally," so don't think you can get away with that one either.

[*]"Misc. Battles" refers to any kind of battle that doesn't fit into the other categories. This can range from open level battles, uber battles, or anything else with special rules.
[/list]

And that should cover all of the major details. If you have further questions, you know where to find me.

Singles 6v6 (Level 50 and 100)
Name:_____________Wins:Losses:Ties:Streak:
Balakai300+3
Fumanshu100+1
Shocari120-1
Sem010-1
Blisk010-1
Silver Magpie120-1

Singles 3v3 (Level 50 and 100)
Database2100
Linkachu1200

Singles 6v6 Baby Cup (Level 5)
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Singles 3v3 Baby Cup (Level 5)
Ruko200+2
LoN020-2

Singles Misc. Battles
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Doubles 6v6 (Level 50 and 100)
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Doubles 4v4 (Level 50 and 100)
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Doubles 6v6 Baby Cup (Level 5)
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Doubles 4v4 Baby Cup (Level 5)
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Doubles Misc. Battles
Member's name here0000
Member's name here0000

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
>___<

I've only just got in from work, because they made me work late. I'm so dissapointed. It'll probably be the same next week as well because they're gits

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Hugs Magpie*

It's the thought that counts :)

And yesh. I've joined the WFC Battle Factory failz squad. Good times... XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I totally recommend joining this. Even though I missed the main event, the wonderful Linkachu offered to go through the Battle Factory with me and seriously, it was some of the most fun I've had in ages XD

Got my voice chat working as well so talking to Linkachu was awesome. We had a few giggles

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We did! ;D

And I very much agree. Battle Frontier doubles are definitely one of my favourite Platinum-related activities, and voice chatting throughout it is really fun. It's nice if you've teamed up with a friendly/cooperative player, too ^__^

Now for something completely different. I've been thinking, for this upcoming mini-tournament, if anyone wants to participate but doesn't have the time to EV train their Pokemon... I can do it for you. I have most all of the items (and PokeRus) handy that speed up the process, so it's really not a big issue as long as I have some direction upfront (ie. a list of the total EVs you want on each of your three Pokemon) and enough notice in advance to get it done. Mind you, you'd still need to do the rest of the work yourself (the catching/breeding/raising to the appropriate evolution stage and teaching them the proper moves) but at least you wouldn't need to worry about one part of it XD

Just putting that offer out there~ :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been debating whether or not I wanted to join this and I realize that I haven't had the time to play in a while and would like to set some aside. The problem at this point is that I am unavailable for the times you've been choosing. Hopefully, that won't stay the only time; otherwise, I'll just stay at my current level of playing I suppose.

That all depends on what times you are available at. XD

So, when would you be available, Xatu? The more people who show interest/want a second time slot, the more likely it is to happen - just gotta know which people want it, and when they'd need it. :)

Sorry if that sounded whiny before.

Mostly I would prefer any time on Sunday. My issue is that I am Jewish and observe Shabbat. As such, I would be unable to play anytime between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday. (Around this time of year, that frees me up around 6:00 PM EST, which is probably a little late for most people over in Europe. Also, Monday through Thursday, I'm generally free after 6 as well.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely will be taken into consideration. If Spix/Jira/Souloux would pop back up to give their opinions, we might be able to sort something out fairly easily XD *hint hint*

In the meantime, what I can tell you is that some of us do hang around late on Saturday afternoons, so if you did want to drop by after 6 PM EST (that'd be 7 PM my time) it'd be just fine. We could even make an official second meet time around then for the EST/PST members and anyone else who wanted to drop by.

The reason we picked Saturday originally was... well, there was no reasoning for it really. Mostly it was due to nobody disagreeing with the day. I assume Sunday morning chruch could/would conflict with some people's schedules, too - yet nobody has stated such yet. It seems whatever we do we'll still need to have two seperate meeting times, and I'd personally perfer them to be on the same day.

Let me know what you think, Xatu. Would after 6 PM EST Saturday be a workable option for you? (And no, you didn't sound whiney. I just needed more information to work with XD).

As for switching the meetings to Sunday's in general, what do the rest of you members think about that? Better or worse for the majority?
I think I'll avoid changing the meets to weekdays however because the majority of us have school/work and homework would surely start getting in the way.

That should be fine. I can't guarantee getting back to my computer immediately then, but it should be fine.

To the best of my knowledge, church services only really run for the morning and maybe slightly after noon. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Around 1 or 2 EST on Sunday seems like it might be workable for people. What do you think?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
To the best of my knowledge, church services only really run for the morning and maybe slightly after noon. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Around 1 or 2 EST on Sunday seems like it might be workable for people. What do you think?

The problem is that many of the non-GMT members are PST or Central time, so for them that'd still be quite early and/or conflict with church. In the end we'd probably still need a second time slot around later afternoons EST/Central to best accommodate everyone, meaning it'd still come down to which day is best for the majority.

If Saturday after 6 PM EST works for you, I think we might tentatively aim for that for now. If you couldn't show up at exactly 6 - no worries! Just drop by when you could =)

So, the way this second slot would work out then: 11 PM GMT, 7 PM Atlantic, 6 PM EST, 5 PM Central, 3 PM PST (correct me if I'm wrong - I'm iffy on the PST). Those seem to be all of the timezones members have mentioned thus far.

This sound good to people? Yes? No? If not, how would you adjust the times? I'm very open to discussion here. Remember that this is the second slot, so it's meant to be rather late-ish for GMT. (Might actually work better for Magpie, though)

Also, I've been rambling a lot in this thread so I'm going to quote what I said above:

As for switching the meetings to Sunday's in general, what do the rest of you members think about that? Better or worse for the majority?
I think I'll avoid changing the meets to weekdays however because the majority of us have school/work and homework would surely start getting in the way.

An FYI for all: I love input. I really do. So never, ever be afraid to give your thoughts on ANYTHING related to Charms Organized Play. My pet peeve is actually when people don't give their opinions upfront and then mention weeks later "Oh... this doesn't work for me btw =/". If you honestly have nothing to say that's perfectly fine, just please don't come back after-the-fact and mention it then (unless there's a really good reason for why you're doing so). If everyone can do me that one little favour I will love you forever (at least as far as this stuff's concerned XD). Alrighty?

Alrighty. ^^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
As far as a second meet.. I'm nearly always open after 5:00 PM EST on Saturdays.. minus a 10-20 minute break to eat dinner around 7:00 EST
I can still try to get into the GMT meet on most times, but there will always be a chance of me being put to work at the last minute. [don't rely on me to moderate GMT meets in other words]

As far as moving the meets to Sundays.. I've never been made to work, so it would be good for me. I'd imagine it would hurt the larger number though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So, the way this second slot would work out then: 11 PM GMT, 7 PM Atlantic, 6 PM EST, 5 PM Central, 3 PM PST

That second slot would mean I'd be able to at least attend one meet each week, rather than just once every other week. And on the Saturdays I finish work early I'd probably attend both XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess since that's four in favour of the 6 PM EST slot we'll go for that this weekend, but anything Spix or Souloux want to add will be taken into consideration for the following week. Virachan has dropped out.

And happy to have you, Toad Dude! Just hoping you actually intend to stick around and didn't just join on a whim... XD

---> Two amendments, too.

One is the addition of a Timezone-related question to the general sign-up form. I didn't think it'd be needed at this point, but now I think it's certainly important that people tell us which zone they live in.

The second is to the little note above the members' list. Obviously if someone is banned they'd no longer be an active member and would thus be removed from the list, but I feel the same goes for anyone who vanishes for an extended period of time without stating why in advance. People who've been removed from the list in this manner can always re-join, it's just to keep things as updated as possible and to avoid dead/uninterested names clogging the list.

That's it for now. Still looking for opinions on changing from Saturday to Sunday overall, but I'll probably just bring that up at the meetings this weekend.

Sorry, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to make it tomorrow night. Some stuff came up last minute that I don't have much control over. I'll try to work it out and I'll see what happens. I'm really sorry after you were nice enough to accommodate me, but in the future this time should definitely work. Sorry.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No worries. The second slot seems to work better for multiple people, so it's nice that we finally sorted it out. ^^

Guess we'll see you when we see you - this week, next, or whenever :)

Edit note to self: Box Data and Dress-Up Data can't be easily shared. Video Gallery is it.

Edit x2: I've been randomly deleting posts in this thread so that everything lines up the way I want it and to unclog it re: registration forms. I'll probably tone the deleting down after this is organized better, but I'll keep deleting registrations after they've been entered onto the Members List~

Edit x3 *merged posts*: Thanks for joining, Bal and Cody ^^

I'll slide your enteries into the members list either later tonight or tomorrow. And Bal's great to battle, peoples. Be nice to him :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess the times have been working out for everyone, eh? Nobody mentioned otherwise yesterday, so I've just followed the same pattern and set the next two meetings for next Saturday at the same times.

I don't think we'll switch to Sunday - not unless a lot of people bring it up. As of now, it seems things work as they are. It's always open to change, but... yeah. We'll just leave it as Saturday until further notice.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Just wanted to make a note to be editted: I do have enough babies for 3v3 now.

Going to focus on fishing tournament now though :)

Sorry for not being able to make it either day last weekend, guys. I had some unexpected stuff to do in Little Rock. I'll also be unable to come this weekend except for Sunday due to Drama Tournament.

See ya guys Sunday, and hope that you all had fun last week~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Today has been great fun. Thanks for joining you three :D

I'll add you all into the list shortly, but possibly tomorrow when I'm feeling less lazy/tired, lol.

(Edit: Done, and again deleted the sign-up form posts~)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN is awesome and I appreciate everything he's done for me. Logo image!

oplogo4.png

:D

Also, were we gonna vote about adding the alternative restricted list back into the rules? Because I think the majority of the chat members were in favour of it, and IMO putting it back in the thread doesn't really hurt anyone (especially since it wouldn't be mandatory) - it just gives people more options.

However, for anyone who wasn't present in the chat: a number of members want to put some sort of restricted list back into place as an alternative rule set people can choose to battle by (ie. so you wouldn't encounter things like Tyranitar, Metragross, Dragonite, etc. all on a single team). It wouldn't be mandatory, but it'd be something people could freely refer to if they so wished to. The restricted list would also be open to discussion on which Pokemon should be included.

If anyone had anything to add there, feel free. I'm just 100% for some sort of list being added to the rules topic again.

no Sunday? *thinks back to chat* Must've combined some Wi-Fi meet sentence and some random sentence together ^__^

It sounds like you guys had a BLAST yesterday, and I wish I was there. Well, see you guys next weekend, then~

Ahh man I am totally gutted I missed out on last weekend and I wont be able to stay amazingly long this weekend cause have an engagement party to go to but will still show face if i can :)

Being that I'm home for thanksgiving, I will unfortunately not be able to participate this week. I am really looking forward to it now though, as I finally figured out how to get campus wireless to like me.

Preferred name to be called: Clyde
Your Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s):
0775 1524 9836(Platinum)
Do you have one or more teams raised for competitive play?: Yes
Which level(s) do you prefer to battle at?: Lvl 50 cap. Thats all i really have.
Prefer Single-battles, Double-battles, or enjoy both?: Both
Do you use Voice Chat over the WFC?: Occansionally
What are your favorite WFC-related activities?: Pretty much anything
What Timezone do you live in?: Eastern US

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pfff, you still trashed my team without an 'ironed out' double battle team. Poor Sceptile still hasn't recovered from the trauma :p

^^;;

Starter vs Starter battles. They can be cruel beasties, especially when one's at a complete disadvantage verses the other XD

Anyways, lots of battling yesterday! It was fun, as usual, although I think many people were busy due to Turkey Day. Regardless... Good times ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm double-posting bumping this so people notice. Yes, I'm a rule-breaking bastard ;)

KoL has offered to run Sunday meets for this, so I've given him the okay. From now on we'll be holding this over the entire weekend - every Saturday and Sunday.

That said, we've been left to debate the Sunday 6 PM EST time slot. KoL might not be able to stick around for it, and I can't make any guarantees to be around on Sunday whatsoever (even if I am online, I'll probably be doing other things and would rather not feel tied down). So, is there anyone who could step-up to help run the second Sunday meeting times when KoL can't be around? There are a number of you I'd trust to do it, and you probably know who you are - so if you're up to it, let me know. If nobody's available, we might just hold the 6 PM GMT meet on Sundays and leave it at that.

Yeah... Not happening now XD
See my post two down for more explanation on why.

Note: For the next month or so I'd like to do something special on Sundays for Wii owners, so if you drop by to play Pokeymanz you might find yourself surrounded by SSB Brawl or Mario Kart Wii players. It depends if we keep the Wii players to the main Charms channel, have them join #PokecharmsWFC, or do it in a different channel entirely. Just a heads-up! XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
If I go to one or both Saturday meets, I probably won't be showing up on Sunday at all ^^;
I'd get too burned out after spending five hours on pokemon the day before.

That said, I like the idea of the Wii games, but why not just do them on Saturday as well? That's what we did last night when nobody else showed up for the 6 EST meet. [and probably where the idea comes from]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That said, I like the idea of the Wii games, but why not just do them on Saturday as well? That's what we did last night when nobody else showed up for the 6 EST meet. [and probably where the idea comes from]

Actually, the Wii gaming idea I just thought up on the fly. I figured it'd be something fun to do over the Christmas holidays for people who play games other than Pokemon :)

I don't plan to overlap Wii online play with these group meetings however. It'd be too many things happening in a single channel, and some people would join just for Pokemon while others would join just for Wii (I don't want the added confusion). Whatever we decided for the Wii sessions, it'll be organized in a different IRC channel. Having them on Saturday at the exact same times as these Pokemon meetings is fine for me, tho.

Edit: After discussing it a bit further, we're scraping the Sunday meeting idea. Too many people feel like one day a week is enough already, so we're leaving it at that.

That sounds wonderful for the winter.
While I don't have a viable wifi connection for my DS at home, I would totally be up for getting my ass handed to me in Brawl online. I've got Mario Kart as well, but have about zero skill in it, so I may avoid that one.

I look forward to seeing what the overall response to this idea is.

Preferred name to be called: Jei (Pronounced just like the letter J)

Your Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s): Platinum Version.

FC: 5027-3083-9407

Do you have one or more teams raised for competitive play?: More than one

Which level(s) do you prefer to battle at?: 50 or 100. It don't matter.

Prefer Single-battles, Double-battles, or enjoy both?: Both, but mostly Single battle

Do you use Voice Chat over the WFC?: Depeneds if anybody wants to talk to me

What are your favorite WFC-related activities?: Battling, Trading, and Battle Frontier Tag-Team Domniation >D

What Timezone do you live in?: Eastern