• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Casting Call

Somewhat of a tie-in with the "if you were your RP Character..." thread.

A simple question.

If you or your RP characters were to appear in the Anime series as a Character-of-the-day, (iow, a Character appearing for one or two episodes) who would your voice actor/actress be?

If my character, Jay Huntre were to make an appearance I would love to get Daisuke Namikawa for his Japanese Seiyuu, while Samuel Vincent will provide his English Voice acting. Just so you know, Namikawa provides the voice of Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa Chronicles, while Samuel Vincent voiced Athrun Zala in Gundam Seed.

for my female Character, Minnow, I'd just love it if Maaya Sakamoto did the Japanese dub for her, while Tara Strong would do the English dubbing. Maaya Sakamoto is a fairly well-known Seiyuu and singer, while Tara Strong provides the voices for a lot of western Cartoon characters.

Well, considering a few personality similarities, I have a character who I think would be best voiced by Haruhi Suzumiya's voice actress/seiyuu. (Wendee Lee and Aya Hirano, respectively). The character is usually confident, like Haruhi, and the performances by those two have voices that are perfect for her. It's actually kind of hard to explain... but I just definitely can see their voices working out nicely with my character.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
If I were an anime character, my VA would be Sean Connery. Both Japanese and English. Yep.

S

Shocari

TROY(GOOD): English= Vic Mignogna Japanese= Bin Shimada

TROY(EVIL): English: Peter Serafinowicz Japanese= Takaya Kuroda

URI: English= Utada Hikaru Japanese= Utada Hikaru

RAPHAEL: English= Christopher Sabat Japanese=Nobuyuki Hiyama

For Sophia: Kate Higgins (English), Chie Nakamura (Japanese) (VA for Sakura Haruno in Naruto)

For Jet: Yuri Lowenthal (English), Noriaki Sugiyama (Japanese) (VA for Saskue Uchiha in Naruto)

Cause Saskue wins in Naruto and Sakura's voice suits Sophia. Either her's or Ino's.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I plan to put more thought into this (I'll listen for voices next time I watch any of my usual Anime), but off-hand - since I love the characters she plays - I'd probably slap Megumi Hayashibara on as one of my Japanese VAs. I know she voices Jessie, but Jessie isn't the reason I love her. I'd probably have her play a younger set voice for my character, too. Using Megumi for Ceilidh Wild could be fun since Ceilidh was stubborn and rather crazed XD

There's also a male Japanese VA (Souichiro Hoshi) who I think could fit one of my male characters, Kenji, fairly well.

I'll probably add something with more detail in the future (as well as make some corrections. I haven't actually listened to Kane's voice in years xp).

Jeydis: Sharon Alexander (Grown-up Andrea from Reboot)
Izzy: Wendy Hoopes (Max Payne's Mona Sax in the second game and Jane Lane in Daria.)

For my PRP characters, it would be:

Alex: Tara Strong. I've always imagined Alex's voice as a little gritty, and I have heard Tara Strong do somewhat gritty female voice.

Silas: Michael J. Fox. His voice just fits Silas for some reason.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
David Hayter. Nerdpoints if you know who he is.
Answer: Hatake Kakashi and the nararator for Ninja Warrior. Points plz.

I'd personally like to be the VA for Brian. Since he's based almost entirely off of me, it would take my crazy voice to truely give him life ;D.

Second choice though would be Brad Swaile. I don't know why, but I can really see Light's voice coming from my anime body.