• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Captain N: The Code Warrior (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

[RP Thread]

It's 2019, and Nintendo's making a big move. Through the release of their newest attachment for the Switch, a revolutionary headset called "NinTheGame". The headset is able to place one inside of a video game, allowing them to play the game through mental commands alone. It's revolutionized several games - Smash Ultimate, Pokken Tournament, Sonic Mania Plus... even single-player games like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are getting incredible use out of the attachment.
It was only a matter of time before they revealed what the attachment was really for.
Seemingly out of nowhere came Nintendo Universe, an incredible game allowing players to hop into the worlds of their favorite games. Spending a day on the Cloud Sea just outside Fonsett Village became a reality, taking down Guardians became massive team sports and Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors became gigantic wars.
Some players, however, got the chance to take it a step beyond. Lucky players gained the opportunity to take on the form of one of their favorite characters, as long as the character shared some aspect with them - similar height, gender and morals were the main required qualities. These weren't just the forms of the characters, however - the players got the opportunity to become the characters, mentality and all.
As expected, when villains started appearing, things got pretty frantic among this elite group.
Now an elite faction of this group fights under the guidance of the mysterious Master Hand, battling against the evil of Dr. Wily, Ganondorf and Doctor Eggman.
However, perhaps these heroes alone aren't enough to win. They need someone the villains don't know what to expect from. They need a Captain... a Captain N.

So basically, this RP focuses on "what if Nintendo made a massive VR game where people could become Switch game characters". We're going to have a main quintet of characters, namely Captain N, Mega Man (mine), Captain Falcon, Samus Aran and Pit. The way this works is that each of the characters have their own different AI, and are thus their own people as they are in the games, but they're only able to be there due to their connections with the people that serve as tethers. This real-life group of gamers operates where the heroes can't - the real world. This focuses on Captain N and his crew trying to take down the villains of the RP. There can be other characters than the ones listed here, but these are our main protagonists.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Extra:
Character Name:
Character Source Game:
Captain N/Zander Grey: @Mystic Zander
Robotic Operating Buddy/R.O.B.: @Eeveechu151
Mega Man (Mega Man 11)/Ryan Light: @Eeveechu151
Captain Falcon (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)/Jay Johnson: @Ratbag the Coward
Samus Aran (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/Metroid Prime 4)/Isabelle Woodwell: @Stargrounds
Pit (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)/Ken Peter: @Rohan Kishibe
Simon Belmont (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)/John Lewis: @Jagson
Dr. Wily (Mega Man 11):
Dark Samus (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate):
Ridley (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate):
Black Shadow (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate):
Hades (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate):
Count Vlad "Dracula" Tepes (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)/Vladimir Sokolov: @Eeveechu151
Name: Ryan Light
Appearance: Ryan has brown hair pretty similar to Rock's hair. He's got blue eyes and pale skin. He usually wears a black Mega Man T-Shirt, blue jean jacket and blue jeans. Usually carries a 3DS around with him to play games when he's bored. He's a bit nearsighted, but it's enough that he needs glasses to see long distances. It's not a problem for Mega Man, though!
Personality: Ryan's got a strong heart and a sense of right equal to that of Mega Man himself. He usually goes on tangents about subjects he's enthusiastic about and is a massive nerd.
Backstory: I'll expand on this when I've got more time.
Extra: Massive Mega Man fan. Duh.
Character Name: DLN-001 Rock/Mega Man
Character Source Game: Mega Man 11

@GreninjaTrainer013 @SoulDemon @RhythmThief @Rohan Kishibe @Godjacob @Fraseandchico would you guys be interested?

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I know Captain N is deliberately suppossed to not include Super Mario, because the TV show ran alongside Super Mario World, but I think if I were to join, Mario characters would have to be added, as Captain N was very like Mario in some of the clips i've seen and fits mostly into his world. Pit has already been taken, so my hopes there have gone. If i'm going to be apart of this, I will probably take Captain Falcon.

I feel like at the end of the RP, Captain N will get the chance to become Mario the same way that Ryan gets to be Mega Man.
And keep in mind Dark Pit and the other Kid Icarus characters still exist. I'm putting a character limit of three down and one main character for each, and I'll probably create someone to be Viridi as a rival character during the RP. So she's off-limits RN.

I looked up Captain N, definitely never seen, only was mentioned once in my life. Though, I'm not sure in joining, character roster seems pretty small.

Again, that's not the final roster. Only the essentials are listed there. Any other character (as long as they come from a Switch game) can be a character here.

I would actually buy this if this were a game! Captain N needs to come back. I know he's obscure but still...

Tempted to go as other characters from the said universes.

Though we do need a Captain N, Captain Falcon, Samus Aran and Pit before we can start. Since you can have three characters, Ratbag, why not go with both Dark Pit and Captain Falcon?

Alright, then he can be one of your guys. If you take Captain Falcon, Dark Pit and Hades then that should be everyone. I'd like some character sheets before they're added to the list though.

Yes, when they enter the game they technically become the character, but the character themselves have their own personality. The two partners (the person and the character) share memories and can operate where the other can't.

I know this character isn't on the list, but he was a main on the show and he just got announced for smash so maybe Simon Belmont?

I guess Simon could work if you want to take him. He can be part of the core cast as well. But before I put ANY more characters on the character list, you guys need to make character sheets for them.

Understood and ignore that last post, Also sorry for not posting earlier I've been busy this last week.

Name: John Lewis
Appearance: Light blonde hair, He stands at five feet ten inches, He wears a green shirt and black slacks.
Personality: acts like a goof ball but is very smart, he does whatever he can to protect those he cares about
Backstory: He's been a gamer since he was six years old, While he loved games never could beat them or any good competively but he always had spirit. Once he learned about the VR world he decided to take part in it.
Extra:
Character Name: Simon Belmont
Character Source Game: Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Name: Jay (Middle name Eyrie) Johnson
Appearance: Light brown hair with a kind of blonde patch in the centre of his head, dark blue shirt with blue trousers and a hoodie that is normally blue or black, though he often takes it off. Sometimes can be seen wearing a helmet for some reason.
Personality: Often cocky, often energetic and friendly. But most of all, he's super competitive. He doesn't like it when he accidently offends someone so he does try to be careful.
Backstory: Born in Britain, he's been a lover of video games for a long time now. He first picked up the video game when he was 7 and loved them, eventually playing with a group of friends. At the same time, he was a big fan of Formula 1, having watched grand prixs since he was very young. That Formula 1 obsession eventually took over and he started to go-kart and race in car races. He eventually moved on to actual formula one style racing and he obtained an agent who got him in. He became an extremely good racer and even won a grand pix in England. That success at such a young age earned Jay much fame. However, in his spare time, in his house in America, he became lonely so much so he looked to the past where he realised the cost of achieving his dreams was the loss of his friends. He searched for his friends but found very little who still wanted to be associated with him. He found a girl whom he had a crush on in his earlier years and them with the remainder of the friends started to play the games they had previously. Then, he found out about the Captain N VR project and was persuaded to sign up.
Extra:
Character Name: Captain Falcon (Douglas Jay Falcon)
Character Source Game: Smash Bros/F-Zero Switch

I was thinking the 'girl' in Jay's backstory ends up becoming Jody Summer (or another female F-Zero character, though there aren't many) eventually in the alternate world and becomes the love interest for Falcon. She could even be Samus Aran, if you wanted, i mean it has been hinted at before and she does fit the whole bounty hunter thing. Maybe Falcon doesnt realise she has become someone else and she goes with other characters.

...technically this is a fusion between pre-existing and OC characters though...? But alright, I'll respect your deci- YOU COULD BE CAPTAIN N.
@Mystic Zander Captain N, in this RP, is just a title. The Captain is a 100% OC character that joins the fight as the representation of Nintendo hardware - he uses the NES Zapper as a weapon. You could be him!

That's... kinda not the point of having the actual characters, though... Regular people are able to design their own OCs, their own avatars, but they're just general characters people can use to explore the world of NinTheGame - aka the worlds of every Nintendo Switch game. These chosen few are selected to become one of the characters themselves, and that means giving life to the characters and their own minds. Captain N's the lucky soul that gets tossed into the crazy battle between the heroes and villains who have this opportunity without gaining the ability to mind-merge with one of the characters.