• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Canza Island Adventure

Aevis' sensed kicked in upon hearing a swift scuttling sound behind him.

"Behind you!" he shouted to Drago, startled by the sudden noise.

"Litwick, use Hex!"

Litwick whirled around as fast as a bolt of lightning and summoned four lavender embers from the tip of his flame, surrounded in a cursed energy.

"Liiit!" Litwick spun in place for a while before blasting the Hex off at the creature that was behind him, not knowing who or what it was.

The smoke cleared. Aevis managed to keep his cool and found that Litwick had used Hex on nothing.

"False alarm," he told Drago sheephishly. "Sorry for startling you like that. I thought I heard something behind us."

"Litwick..." Litwick groaned, disappointed that he hit nothing . He heaved himself beside his trainer, hoping to get some sort of appraisal.

"Anyway, do you want to continue with our battle?"

Both contestants walked back to the battlefield.

"Take two," Aevis muttered to himself.

He cleared his thoughts and focused on the battle.

"Ok, Litwick! Confuse Ray!"

Litwick gave a bloodcurdling scream before generating an odd and flashy beam. It charged the beam for a while before firing it straight at Axew.

"Ok, Axew lets give this everything we got!"

Axew responded happily.

Drago and Axew waited for their move, suddenly Litwick screamed which shocked Axew and Drago before using Confuse ray at them.

Drago and Axew didn't have time to react so Axew was hit by Confuse ray.

"Axew, you good?"

"Axeeeeew." It responded sluggishly and was twirling around like a spinda.

"Hey Axew, snap out of it!" Drago responded.

'Great,' thought Aevis. 'Now I have to hope Axew doesn't snap out of its confusion and I'll be good.'

"Ok, good job, Litwick!" Aevis called out to the tiny candle, its spooky flame flickering in the wind.

"Litwick, Litwick!" Litwick replied, clearly happy to be appraised.

"Now, use Minimize!"

Litwick concentrated hard, and in an instant, he compressed himself to almost half his original size.

'That'll make sure that Axew doesn't hit us' Aevis smirked.

'Our next attack probably won't knock out Axew; its too tanky.'

"Right, now try a Hex!"

The lavender flames and cursed energy emanated from Litwick's burning flame once more, as he gave another chilling scream and fired it straight in Axew's face.

Last edited:
Dark trudged through the forest battling many Caterpies, Weedles, and HootHoots. "Why does my life suck? I'm lost I'm not seeing any new pokemon, and I'm covered in dirt and leaves!" "WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!" "What in the world?" Dark backtracked to the route and saw the 2 trainers in a full on battle. He looked to his left and saw a small Surskit crawling to the bushes. "..." "Krow" Shade asked. "Yeah we should try to stay away." Dark told Shade. Dark saw that one trainer had a visible smirk on his face as his Litwick used Hex. "Isn't Axew a dragon type?" he thought to himself. "ah no, hes trying to chip away at Axews strength while its confused" Dark reconsidered. "Hey Shade wanna watch the firework show?" "Krow." "Great! I'll stop making these jokes for you ha" Dark replied. Dark and Shade sat down and watched the trainers battle.

The burns connected with Axew burning it.

"Axew, you ok?" Drago asked

Axew responded with a confused "Eeew."

"Okay Axew use Dragon Dance."

Axew surrounded itself with a purple energy.

"I'm no dragon type expert but I know a set up when I see one, this is a risky move considering its burned, and confused." "krow!" Shade pointed out. "Yeah, if Axew is faster, he can easily take out that Litwick." "Krrr.. krow krow." Shade mentioned. "true, it does depend on the current level between the two. If only their was a level detector mode on my pokedex right Shade?" "Krow" "Well I already know your level silly"

"Um excuse me" Somebody said

Dark looked up and saw a woman wearing a lab coat. "Yes, um I heard somebody by the name of Shade has passed through a closed off route 1, have you seen anyone by that name?"

Dark thought back. As he was reading the map he must've walked through route 1 by accident. "Uh that would be me" Dark replied. "Great that makes things so much easier, please follow me." "Krow" "How was I supposed to know?" Dark replied to Shade. 'Great now I'm gonna miss the epic battle' Dark thought to himself.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Mike noticed that Surskit was gone, Mike looked for a moment before noticing that Surskit was in a bush. Mike motioned Surskit to come back with his hands, and when Surskit saw that he came skitting back.
“What were you doing?” Mike asked Surskit.
“Surskit Surskit.” Surskit replied.
“You wanted a better view of the battle? Hmm, sure. Likely story.”.
“Surskit Sur Sur!” Surskit said angrily.
“I believe you.” Mike told Surskit. “Anyway, because we have nothing to do we should go look for a Pokémon to catch.”.
Mike looked around for any Pokémon he could see. He stopped when he noticed a little Caterpie starring at him.
“Hmm, this Pokémon doesn’t look that strong, so we might not need to battle it to catch it.. Well actually if it breaks free we can try.” Mike said.
Mike grabbed a Pokéball and threw it at the Caterpie. With a beam of light the worm Pokémon was in the Pokéball. It shook three times then stopped, meaning that Mike had caught a new Pokémon.

'And... thats a problem.' Aevis thought to himself.

'If Axew can attack, Litwick's pretty much lost.'

Aevis bit his fingernails in nervousness.

"Let's play it safe here, Litwick! Minimize!"

Again, Litwick contorted itself until it was about half an inch in size.

Now what?

Aevis frisked the depths of his mind for a tiny sliver of information about Axew.

'Axew, Axew, Axew... base 87 Attack, hits like a truck, and tanky at base 60 defense... it doesn't have a weakness that I can exploit...."

He finally decided on bombarding Axew with more status effects.

"Ok, Litwick, use Smog!"

Litwick coughed up a purple and revolting concoction from his mouth. The poison type move glowed like acid and oozed its way over to Axew.

Last edited:
"Ugh where am I being dragged to?" Dark asked "Ms. Poppy would like to see you." "Oh the person who invited me, my dad knows her." Dark pointed out "I really do not care." "well ok party pooper"
Dark was dragged back to the beach where he saw Corsala, Horseas, and weird fishes. "Hello, I don't think I quite met you yet." "Uh hi Ms. Poppy" "Dark was it? your not in trouble but you never greeted me" "Oh sorry, I get carried away sometimes" Dark replied. "Well off you go, but I told one of those 2 boys up ahead where the 1st town is, if your lost just talk to them" "Ok thanks Ms. Poppy!" "Bye!"

Dark ran back to the battle and saw a purple thick fog heading towards the Axew. If I'm not mistaken, that's smog!

Axew panicked now knowing what to do it was envolped by the purple gas.

"Oh No!" Drago gaaped.

The smog cleared and Axew was on the verge of fainting as its face began to turn dark purple it sawyed back and forth unable to balance itself.

"Axew, hang in there don't let the poison get to you."

"Axew, ew." It responded barely awake.

"Ok Axew use Dragon pulse."

Axew fiered a beam of multicolured energy at Litwick.

Axew raised it's head and fired a multicoloured pulse at Litwick. The beam powered through the air before hitting Litwick forcefully.

The move was so strong that it blasted Litwick off to a wall behind it.

"Liiiit wiiick..." Litwick babbled, dazed. It spun on the spot twice before falling to the ground from the powerful attack.

"Litwick is unable to battle," Nurse Joy called. "Which means Drago and Axew win!"

Aevis ran up to Litwick with a big smile on his face.

"Tough battle, eh?" he said to the fainted lump, its usually bright flame now barely flickering in the wind.

Upon hearing its trainer's voice, Litwick regained consciousness.

"Liiit..." Litwick groaned, sad to have lost.

"Don't worry, Litwick. You did great, we just have to train more," Aevis said quietly to the lump in his hand.

He gently placed Litwick into its Pokeball and rushed over to Drago.

"Wow, you guys! Axew is really strong!"

"Drago held out Axew's Pokeball and beam of red light shot out from the button to Axew converting it back into energy; returning it to its Pokeball.

Drago held the red and white sphere in his hand. "Hey Axew thanks for winning us that battle, now get some well deserved rest."

Drago put the Pokeball in his satchel before facing Aevis.
"Thanks, we trained a lot back in Unova." He paused before asking. "Is Litwick, okay."

Dark walked up to the trainers and announces "Excellent battle! I'm surprised that even if your Axew is a low level, it still managed to tank up and take the hits through confusion and burn. Your Litwick messed up by not using enough attacking moves, you let it build up its stats." Dark advised "Now if you don't mind me asking but who does that Surskit belong to?" Dark asked. "AND also, I was told one of you know the path out of the forest." Dark wanted answers, and he was going to get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aevis held up his hands with a shy look on his face. He was not used to this many new faces, his hometown not having many inhabitants.

He tried to answer everyone's questions at once, failing horribly and getting more and more aloof.

"Yeah, Litwick's ok. Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll train it up later. And the Surskit? I actually don't know. Umm, and I think Drago knows the way out of the forest, let's go together..."

Litwick shimmied itself out of its Pokeball and waddled over to Axew's Pokeball, trying to stuff a Rawst berry to cure its burn and a Persim berry for its confusion inside.

"My name's Aevis. And sure. You can come with us," Aevis said. He motioned to Drago.

"Lead the way, Drago."

Just before he went off to Route 1, Aevis saw Litwick trying to stuff some berries into Axew's Pokeball, to no avail.

"Aww, Litwick," he said quietly to the candle Pokemon. He gently plucked the berries from Litwick's stubby hands.

"We can give them to Axew when he comes out of his Pokeball."

Litwick nodded and plucked a flower from the flower bed, climbing onto Aevis's palms shortly after.

My character profile:
Name: Alec
Region of origin: Galar
Partner Pokémon: Yamper
Backstory: Alec grew up in Hammerlocke city, Galar. One Day he was exploring the Wild Area when a few team yell grunts came and challenged him to a battle. But he had no pokemon, only the family pet Yamper. He fought them with the Yamper and beat the grunts with it, taking no damage. So he decided it to be his partner pokemon ever since that time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the boat docked at the Canza Island pier, where many people went to go on vacations, Alec and Yamper were bursting with excitement, but tried their best to hide it. Alec thought to himself, "I think I need to meet the Canza Island Professor, Professpr Poppy." He saw an Old Lady, looking around inquisitively. Alec thought she was the Professor but Yamper yapped in curiosity as if he wanted something. So, by the time the ship docked at the pier, Yamper was really hungry that he started picking up some berries from nearby trees. Alec was okay with that, but the next thing he saw was that Yamper was asleep. "Oh no," said Alec. "He probably ran into a spore..." Alec rushed to the nearest Pokemon Center, when he saw three trainers talking to each other.

Alec was curious to see who these trainers were. Yamper was already healed up, so Alec decided to go meet them. He saw a Litwick, Axew and a Murkrow. Yamper was disappointed in that spore incident. Alec decided to go ask who they were before heading to Route 1. Alec heard the conversation. "The Litwick trainer should be called... Dunno. Aevis or something? And one of them was called Drago, so i'll go meet them."
"Bark! Bark!", called Yamper trying to get attention of the trainers. Alec walked up to them and asked, "Hey what are your names? Mine's Alec."

Character Profile:
Name: Barney
Region of Origin: Kanto
Partner Pokemon: Pikachu
Backstory: Barney grew up in Pallet Town, his father gave him his Pikachu at the age of 10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the boat docked, Barney stepped off hastily, overcome by excitement and wonder. As he walked off the ship, he looked around for a moment, before deciding where to go first. "Now, where the heck is this Professor Poppy person?" He said to himself. "Hi, I'm Professor Poppy!" Came a voice from Barney's right. "Oh! Hello there!" Barney replied. "Here is your Can-Bracelet, and your 5 pokeballs!" spoke Professor Poppy handing over the essentials. "Thanks! I'll be on my way then." Barney said, turning to move. "Wait! Sorry, but Route 1 is temporarily closed." Professor Poppy exclaimed. "Oh, okay. I'll be careful." Barney saw a few trainers and ran over. "Hey I'm Barney, this is Pikachu." Barney pointed down at the pokemon. "Pika! Pik!" Pikachu replied. "What are your names?" Barney asked.

"Thanks Litwick. Im sure that when Axew comes back, it will be very grateful."
Drago noiced all the trainers around him and how Aevis was struggling to keep control.
"QUEIT!" He shoted hoping it would shut the trainers up.
A flock of spearow, wingull and rookidee flew out from trees nearby.

"Okay, okay... I'll be quiet..." Barney said, shuffling his feet in an awkward way.
"Pika..." whispered Pikachu, looking slightly frustated. Barney shushed him.

Drago shouted, which made Aevis and Litwick jump. A few bird Pokemon nestled in trees squawked in alarm from the noise. Aevis turned around and saw two more trainers heading to him, Drago and Dark.

Aevis tried to say something polite to the two trainers, but ended up mouthing words awkwardly. It might have been because he was startled by the sudden shout, or because he was becoming shy again, or both. Maybe neither.

He finally managed to utter a single sentence quieter that a Minccino's cry.

"Sorry for startling you guys like that..."

He managed to pull himself together again.

"My name's Aevis. And this is Litwick," he said, gesturing over to the white candle in his hand. Litwick was examining the flower he had picked up closely.

That sentence rolled out of his tongue relatively easily, probably because of all the introductions he had to do on the day.

Last edited:
Dark just sat there listening hearing, all of the nonsense coming out of their mouth. "Ugh guys I really couldn't care less who you are, I know the way to the forest lets just go..." Dark said irritated.

Drago was offput by Darks attitude.
"I don't know who you think you are but nobody disrespects me or my friends." He gestured to Aevis and Litwick.
"So."
Drago lit up with excitement.
"Lets have a Pokemon battle, to decide who leads the way. Me and Aevis vs Barney and Dark."
Axew popped out of its Pokeball on cue, dancing around jovially.

"Well, I wasn't really in the mood for a battle right now but, I can make an exception" Dark says smugly. What they didn't know is while they were battling Dark caught a second pokemon and trained up Murkrow. "Hey Barney lets take 'em down!" Dark says happily "If we win we go through the forest, if you 2 win what do you want?"

Aevis shifted in place. He was beginning to get shy again.

"Uhh... well, if Litwick's alright with it, I'm good."

Litwick immediately went into its battle stance and looked confidently at its Trainer.

"Guess that's a yes. Let's go..."

Aevis looked away from the large group that was forming. He was simultaneously on the brink of exploding with excitement and sinking into the shadows with shyness.

(This is my first Pokemon RP in a few years and on this website so I hope this is a good writeup as well as that I didn't unintentionally break a rule already)

Name: Noah
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Partner Pokémon: Croagunk (no nickname)
Backstory: Growing up in Pastoria City, Noah was always influenced by the highly energetic and motivated Crasher Wake alongside the rest of the city. Noah grew up aspiring to be a noble and powerful trainer, spending many days training in the nearby beaches and swamplands. One day he snuck into the Great Marsh, believing it to be a great area to find strong pokemon. The youth was nearly hit by the train in the Marsh, when a Croagunk rushed in and pulled Noah to safety. Ever since then the two became inseparable friends. After becoming a well known rookie trainer in Sinnoh, Noah was informed by Crasher Wake himself about the Canza Contest, and Noah of course jumped at the idea. Filling out the application, he of course was accepted and immediately set sail for the Competition and Adventure!

The sun was shining, the water as blue as ever. Water pokemon joyfully swimming about. What a sight it was to behold. Young Noah from Pastoria City was taking it all in. He was like a ball of energy being contained on that ship. He absolutely could not wait to reach land and beam straight into new trials. Especially since he knew he was lagging a bit behind compared to other contest entries.

"Aww man, can't this thing go any faster...?" The youth groaned, tapping his foot impatiently.

His trusty partner, Croagunk, had walked beside him and pulled on his jacket to get his attention.

"Croa. Croagunk. Croa." The pokemon said looking up at his trainer.

"I know I know, I should relax. Save my energy and all that jazz. But I just CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!" Noah proudly proclaimed.

The boy went on even louder, "I'M GOING TO DEFEAT ALL EIGHT OF YOU GYM LEADERS AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CHALLENGES ME! I'LL WIN THIS CONTEST NO MATTER WHAT! THAT'S A PROMISE!"

The ship docked abruptly and Noah fell over, bumping his head on the floor of the vessel. Croagunk simply shook his head as Noah got back onto his feet and the two stepped foot on this new land.

"Hehe...WE MADE IT! LET'S GOOOOOO!" Noah yelled as he ran off blindly.

Croagunk once again shook his head as he followed after, to make sure his trainer wouldn't get into trouble in record time of course.

"Ok, win condition is made, normal 2v2 battle rules" Dark said checking everything off. "Battle is accepted by both parties... Lets begin!" Dark yelled as Shade flew down and took a menacing stance, his ability Intimidate.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
My character profile:
Name: Nic
Region of origin: Kanto (Hometown is Viridian Forest)
Partner Pokémon: female Alolan Raichu
Backstory: She grew up in the Viridian Forest and inherited its powers (which I can remove if needed). Her starter Pokémon, given to her by Professor Oak, was a Pikachu, which evolved into an Alolan Raichu when she and Nic visited Alola. The two have traveled to quite a few regions, and now they are visiting Canza Island.

------

Nic hopped off of the boat, Raichu by her side and surfing in the air with her psychic powers. She looked around and walked over to a few of the locals, getting directions to Professor Poppy's lab from them. The trainer and Pokémon made their way to the lab, which didn't take long, considering the fact that the lab was pretty much at the docks. Nic knocked on the door, excited. Raichu seemed to mirror this excitement by surfing in small circles above her trainer.

Alec observed the battle attentively and watched how the strategy and moves of the Pokemon went. "Okay, so the Litwick has a lot of good moves. Hmmm... I think I know the Axew has dragon dance to raise stats. Does he have baton pass? It would be useful." The words circled around in Alec's head, but Yamper yapped and jumped around like he was on a trampoline. He tapped and licked Alec to get his attention. "Yeah, what is it Yamper? Do you want to battle with someone?"
"Bark!, Bark!", said Yamper and he was nodding. It was a yes.

Aevis and Litwick both pumped their hands up simultaneously in the air.

"Ok, Litwick! Confuse Ray, on Murkrow!"

Litwick threw its hands up in an effort to intimidate as a bright, multicoloured orb expanded above it, morphing into a beam before shooting towards Murkrow.

As Aevis shielded his eyes from the scintillating beam, he saw three trainers, two on the sidelines of the battle and one far into the distance.

'Well,' he thought, 'today's going to be a long day of introductions...'

Last edited:
Shade was struck by the confuse raw but able to counter the Dragon claw with a Night shade. "Good job Shade! You know the plan!" Shade nodded and flew up only to dive down a second later to do a Peck at Axew

Drago was surprised that Shade countered Axew's dragon claw but he smirked.

"Well then." He thought to himself. "Seems like they are not pushovers."

Axew did a small little dance and looked back to its trainers awaiting commands.

"Ok Axew use dual chop on Shade!"

Axew's stubby hands glowed a coral orange as it simultaneously attempted to hit Murkrow.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Name: Sebastian
Region of Origin: Galar
Partner Pokémon: Shuppet Nicknamed Jonas
Backstory: Sebastian grew up in a rich household and his family traveled around a lot living in many different regions. For his 7th birthday his parents gifted him a Shuppet which became his best friend. When he turned 10 his parents realised he couldn't live in so many different areas so they decided to sign him up for the program to help with his wellbeing.

-----------------------------

Sebastian ran through the crowds of people, Jonas flew right next to him. A few metres behind 2 White Knight researchers were tailing the trainer and his Pokémon. Sebastian ran through the crowd of people weaving through the bodies, eventually he hit someone who was holding a bag of shopping. Startled he turned around to help the woman up but caught a glimpse of the white knights. Much to the dismay of the woman he turned to run again but was blocked by officer Jenny who stood with her Growlithe at her side.
"Young man that was very rude of you..." She started. "You can't go running in these crowds or you'll push people over." Sebastian was starting to get anxious because he saw the white knights closing in.
"I'm really sorry officer Jenny but I need to go now!" Sebastian explained hurriedly.
"You won't be leaving until you apologise." Jenny said fiercely. The white knights had now made it too where the 3 of them stood.
"I'm really sorry ma'am." Sebastian said to the woman and ran off toward a pokécentre. The white knights followed him into The pokécentre.
"You'll think twice about annoying us when where through with you." The first knight sneered. They both sent out their Pokémon, a Poochyena and a Nickit.
"Go Jonas." Sebastian replied, and a battle ensued.