• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Cannon characters? Does anyone else use them?

Ocs vs. Cannon characters

• I feel more comfortable rping with cannon characters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone else on here rped with cannon characters. Of course I have nothing against ocs, but that's not what this post is about.
Basically I rp a mix of main protagonists, to background characters and love getting to test them out with interactions they dont have in games, in aus, or maybe twist their story a bit. If anyone is interested, or rps as cannon characters, I would love to know!
Btw my main muses are:
Karen-Johto Elite 4
Looker-International Police
Mizu-Shadow Triad
Curtis/Christopher-Black and White 2
Mei/Rosa-Black and White 2
Cheryl-Sinnoh stat trainer
White/Hilda-Black and White

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The term you're looking for is "Canon". A Canon is not a cannon, although both have the potential to sink ships.

In any case, while there is no rule forbidding use of canon characters in more than NPC capacity here - or creating characters related to/involved with such - it is generally frowned upon to do so as your interpretation of a canon character may vary wildly from someone else's interpretation - and this may create inconsistencies and unnecessary drama. Essentially, do so at your own risk, and preferably only if other people involved in an RP are okay with it. There's a reason why I don't bring the one character I have who is involved with my interpretation of a canon character into RPs on Pokecharms even if nothing is technically stopping me from doing so, after all.

Incidentally, characters based on the canonical protagonists of games may not be allowed as many of them interacted with legendaries or mega evolutions in capacities that are not allowed by our rules without prior approval by staff - so you may as well have to brush up on the RP forum rules before ganking an official character and RPing as it. ^^

Ok cool, and thanks for the help in explaining that. I read over the rules and all, I just wanted to know the specifics which this helped clear up. Thank you!
The term you're looking for is "Canon". A Canon is not a cannon, although both have the potential to sink ships.

In any case, while there is no rule forbidding use of canon characters in more than NPC capacity here - or creating characters related to/involved with such - it is generally frowned upon to do so as your interpretation of a canon character may vary wildly from someone else's interpretation - and this may create inconsistencies and unnecessary drama. Essentially, do so at your own risk, and preferably only if other people involved in an RP are okay with it. There's a reason why I don't bring the one character I have who is involved with my interpretation of a canon character into RPs on Pokecharms even if nothing is technically stopping me from doing so, after all.

Incidentally, characters based on the canonical protagonists of games may not be allowed as many of them interacted with legendaries or mega evolutions in capacities that are not allowed by our rules without prior approval by staff - so you may as well have to brush up on the RP forum rules before ganking an official character and RPing as it. ^^