• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Can you name all 649 Pokemon?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
With only two weeks until the world debut of Generation VI, we're going to have a lot more Pokemon to get to know. I'm just curious to find out if you all are familiar with the ones we already have. Here are five little mini-games to test your knowledge:

Gen I (1-151)
Gen II (152-251)
Gen III (252-386)
Gen IV (387-493)
Gen V (494-649)

Were you able to name all 649 Pokemon? Post your scores here whether it be your time or any Pokemon you missed. My scores were as follows:

Gen I: All 151 Pokemon identified with 1:40 still on the clock
Gen II: All 100 Pokemon with 2:20 remaining. My best time but then this is also the smallest Pokedex.
Gen III: All 135 with 1:35 left. My time would have been higher but it took me a while to remember Castform
Gen IV: All 107 with 2:00 to go
Gen V: This one was tight. I got all 156, but I only had 0:15 left on the clock. I should probably study this Gen better.

Gen 1: 151/151 3:28 remaining
Gen 2 100/100 4:22 remaining
Gen 3: 135/135 2:43 remaining
Gen 4: 107/107 2:14 remaining
Gen 5 156/156 1:27 remaining

Did fairly well to say I haven't picked up a Pokemon game since November

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Gen I: 139/151 species. Missing Psyduck, Golduck, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Krabby, Kingler, Staryu, Starmie and Tauros. I actually LIKE the Psyduck and Staryu lines so I'm not sure what the -eff-. xD

Gen II: 89/100 species. Missing Natu, Xatu, Bellossom, Aipom, Yanma, Wooper, Quagsire, Slowking, Snubbull, Granbull and Porygon2. Only one of these is any surprise.

Gen III: 126/135. Missing Nosepass, Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Gulpin, Swalot, Spinda, Castform and Luvdisc. All very forgettable bullshit except the Aron line (I still don't know how I forgot that one!)

Gen IV: 89/107. Missing Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Combee, Vespiquen, Ambipom, Glameow, Purugly, Chingling, Chatot, Spiritomb, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Lickilicky, Rhyperior and Yanmega. Only surprising thing here is Vespiquen (since I love the thing to bits). Amusingly I forgot species I forgot the pre-evolved forms of in gen 2, as well. XD

Gen V: 136/156. Missing Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Dwebble, Crustle, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Minccino, Cinccino, Foonguss, Amoonguss, Klink, Klang, Klinklang. Most of which I couldn't care less about. (I'm neutral on Dwebble/Crustle and kinda like Yamask/Cofagrigus. The rest are just derp though). I was also struggling to remember some Gen V names because my brain still crosses them with their Japanese names, sometimes! xD

Gen I: 144/151, ran out of time. I missed Diglett, Dugtrio, Krabby, Kingler, Lickitung, Horsea, and Seadra. None of these surprise me much, and in all honesty, I'm shocked that I did that well. Thank you, Pokemon Stadinum, for pounding the names of most of these Pokemon into my brain!

Gen II: 78/100, ran out of time. I missed Slugma, Magcargo, Kingdra, Delibird, Mantine, Swinub, Piloswine, Sneasel, Heracross, Dunsparce, Pineco, Forretress, Girafarig, Wobuffet, Slowking, Misdreavus, Yanma, Aipom, Bellossom, and Politoed. Some of these are actually quite shocking to me, I missed several I knew well, such as Dunsparce. No clue how that happened. :p As you can see here by these results, I'm not very knowledgable about Gen II Pokemon.

Gen III: 131/135, ran out of time. I missed Barbroach, Whiscash, Wynaut, and Luvdisc, but honestly, none of those are very memorable anyway. :p I am indeed happy that my best score so far is my favorite region! :D

Gen IV: 89/107, ran out of time. I missed Kricketot, Kricketune, Vespiquen, Ambipom, Buneary, Happiny, Chatot, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Carnivine, Mantyke, Gliscor, and Mamoswine. Some of these are surprising, others not. A few, like Vespiquen, I just couldn't spell :( .

Gen V: 118/156, ran out of time. I missed many, not gonna name them all here, but since this list was longer, I'm not that disappointed in the results of this one. I didn't do this bad because I couldn't name any more Pokemon, but simply because I ran out of time.

So, a total of 560 Pokemon altogether. I'm content with this score, although I have to improve. I'm gonna go play so more, hopefully do better.

Last edited:
Gen 1: 118/151 ;A; I WAS SO CLOSEEEEE
Gen 2: 82/100 Would've been 83 but it timed out (stupid sudowoodo)
Gen 3: 109/135. Ugh, I missed a bunch
Gen 4: 76/107 (so close, dangit heatran)
Gen 5: 105/156. Yeesh... I'm having memory problems. I remember what they looked like but the names were hard to match up with.

So total, I remembered 490 Pokemon. Not too bad, almost the entire Pokemon list from Gen 4 downward.

Gen 1-134/151- Gen 1 isn't really my favorite, anyway.
Gen 2-97/100- Three away!
Gen 3-119/135- That generation is EVIL!!!!!
Gen 4-107/107-My favorite gen, so I knew them all!
Gen 5-124/156- I thought for sure I had that one!
581 Pokemon! Shame on me! I know all 718 Pokemon by heart, but what happened?! Oh yeah, I'm terrible under stress.