• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Camping Trip Sign Ups & Discussion

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/camping-trip-roleplay.19763/

<exposition>

It's summer, and you know what that means! Camping in the middle of no-where next to a cool creek? Heck yes! The Melrock National Forest Organization has set up a brand new campsite area in the heartlands of the Melrock Forest. The forest is located a few thousand feet above sea level, just below the Melrock moutains.

The campsite has a cool stream, powered by the melting ice up in the mountains. The creek is just a small walk away from the main site. The main campsite is just a flat, cleared out land, where you can set up your own campsite.

Bring only a few pokemon because there are an abundance of wild pokemon to befriend and catch. Patrat, Pidgey, Deerling, Rattata, and more are all available to befriend. Lots of people will come, so catch pokemon with them! It's fun for everyone!

</exposition>
<br>
<rulessection>

-Follow all Pokécharms Rules at all times
-Keep gore to a minimum. Blood is okay, as long as it's not too much detail, or just too much.
-Romance is allowed, and encouraged, but no action past passionately kissing.
-Fakémon aren't allowed, sorry.
*If you are unsure about a post not following the rules, ask me*

<rulessection>

*Places
- Main Campsite

- Mountain Hiking Trail
-The Creek
Places will be described in detail as they are played out, and more will be added if needed.

*Character Bios
-TRAINERS-
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Other:

-POKEMON-
Name:
Species:
Other:

*Played Characters
Nathan and Pancakes (Mischevious Croagunkle)
*Npc Characters

Sorry if this seems a bit rushed or just iffy, I'm kinda out of ideas...

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Name: Nathan Paul James
Appearance: Nathan's skin is fairly tan, but has a noticeable farmers tan from working on his family's farm. He has a smaller stature, and smaller head. Nathan's eyes are green, and his hair is brown. He usually just wears shorts and plain coloured t-shirts, if it gets cold, he will just wear longer clothes, and for shoes, he'll wear hiking boots.
Personality: Fairly shy, but not introverted. He does have some social anxiety, but he is fairly confident, plus his pokemon, Pancakes, does a lot of the social work for him. He's pretty smart, and could be called nerdy. He does have a bit of a troubled history, struggling in school and such, but is generally a nice guy. However, don't even think about hurting pancakes, or you will face the wrath of... loud noise.
Pokemon: Pancakes (Pichu)
Other: He comes from the poke-equivalent of the English Country Side.

Name: Pancakes
Species: Pichu
Level And/Or Moves: 6, Thunder Shock, Charm, Attract
Other: Cute boi. Really curious and adventurous. Can be loud and unaware of himself sometimes. Also is known to use attract on females for just about no reason.

Also will be gone tomorrow, so I might only be able to start the RP after I get back in the late afternoon, tomorrow.

Last edited:
-TRAINERS-
Name: Clement Leclair
Appearance: Clement is very pale, and has light Brown hair that goes down to his neck, and around his ears. He's thin, with not too much muscle on him, and generally wears flannels, light colored T - Shirts, and trousers or shorts. He wears tennis shoes usually, rarely utilizing boots as he finds them very uncomfortable. He is about 5'6" when it comes to height, reasonably sized. He's not completely light, but not overweight, so around 119 pounds.
Personality: Clement is charismatic and intelligent, however he is very un-athletic, and not physically strong by any stretch of the imagination. He's very extraverted and outgoing, as well, able to insert himself into most social situations with ease. However, Clement is a highly opinionated fellow, and this can occasionally get in the way of his better judgement. He can be sometimes condescending and arrogant, not knowing when to shut his mouth, feeling he is often the smartest in the room.
Pokemon: Richter (Kadabra), Emily (Mankey)
Other: Originally from Cyllage City, Kalos. Also a somewhat experienced battler, from many spar matches with his vast family.

Name: Richter
Species: Kadabra
Level And/Or Moves: Level 21 (Moves: Psybeam, Kinesis, Teleport, Confusion)
Other: Was Clement's first Pokemon, given to him as a young child when it was an Abra. (Explains the somewhat high level.)

Name: Emily
Species: Mankey
Level And/Or Moves: Level 13 (Moves: Karate Chop, Low Kick, Fury Swipes, Focus Energy)
Other:

(Also, I would like to share that I'm a pretty new role-player. If I am accepted into the RP, I would just ask for a little mercy and grace, lol.)

Last edited:
Hmm, I suppose my little Slitoling could use a break in RPing, so it is time for me to use my first OC that I used on Pokécharms.

Name: His name is Charles Tangi.
Appearance: Charles stands at a moderate height of 5'4" and weighs in at 128 pounds. He has short hair dyed in a shade of light blue. He has brown eyes, fair skin tone and a modest build. He has on an orange Kasaya that serves the purpose of a one piece garment. There is a picture of a silhouete resembling a small dragon Pokémon with a compound bow launching a salvo of arrows on the front side in the center area. He wears brown, leathery sandals and carries around a tan leather shoulder bag that stores various items for basic and personal purposes.
Personality: Charles tends to have a calm, humble outlook. He attempts to pave a new way towards solutions instead ofsitting around like a cowering newborn in times of crisis. He usually does his devotions and other means of prayers in private and often before bedtime, since he does not want any sort of negative attention directed towards him or his Pokémon.
Pokémon: He has a Bagon.
Other: He decided to come along the camping trip in hopes of finding some spirits and being able to communicate with them.

Name: He has no name, as he is simply referred to as his the name of his Pokémon species.
Species: He is a Bagon.
Level And/Or Moves: Roughly about 13 if a number were to measure his level of power. He usually only uses Ember, Dragon Breath and Twister in the field of combat, as he does not have as much experience in battling. (Though he always somewhat knew how to use Twister since birth.)
Other: The ridges on his head are in a shading of pale white. He carries around a small compound bow and a quiver that holds some toy arrows. He is also quite the picky Pokémon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Hmm, I suppose my little Slitoling could use a break in RPing, so it is time for me to use my first OC that I used on Pokécharms.

Name: His name is Charles Tangi.
Appearance: Charles stands at a moderate height of 5'4" and weighs in at 128 pounds. He has short hair dyed in a shade of light blue. He has brown eyes, fair skin tone and a modest build. He has on an orange Kasaya that serves the purpose of a one piece garment. There is a picture of a silhouete resembling a small dragon Pokémon with a compound bow launching a salvo of arrows on the front side in the center area. He wears brown, leathery sandals and carries around a tan leather shoulder bag that stores various items for basic and personal purposes.
Personality: Charles tends to have a calm, humble outlook. He attempts to pave a new way towards solutions instead ofsitting around like a cowering newborn in times of crisis. He usually does his devotions and other means of prayers in private and often before bedtime, since he does not want any sort of negative attention directed towards him or his Pokémon.
Pokémon: He has a Bagon.
Other: He decided to come along the camping trip in hopes of finding some spirits and being able to communicate with them.

Name: He has no name, as he is simply referred to as his the name of his Pokémon species.
Species: He is a Bagon.
Level And/Or Moves: Roughly about 13 if a number were to measure his level of power. He usually only uses Ember, Dragon Breath and Twister in the field of combat, as he does not have as much experience in battling. (Though he always somewhat knew how to use Twister since birth.)
Other: The ridges on his head are in a shading of pale white. He carries around a small compound bow and a quiver that holds some toy arrows. He is also quite the picky Pokémon.

You're in! So much detail as always

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
I stated before that I'm gone for most of the day from like the morning to the late afternoon (uk time), so most likely until then. For the other question, the RP will most likely remain Ask To Join until it would become burdensome to introduce a character, or we are too deep into the story.

Hmm, I suppose it might be a good time for me to start brewing up my first post after noticing that the time is near.

*a baby Lapras sits down playing Tetris and getting a Mini T-Spin Sincle*

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oh yeah, I'm back now. Might maybe wait for someone else to join but if it takes a while, then I'll start it. I'm also too busy watching the Pokemon Anime, :p

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
It's summer, and you know what that means!
It'll be around mid summer, like July-ish in a fairly temperate region (northern hemisphere.) Just a bit colder, and more windy. And yes, we will only need a few more people, but I think I'll post the RP tomorrow. (But I still managed to write the whole thing all ready, just waiting to start.)

Last edited:
-TRAINERS-
Name:Reki
Appearance:Reki is an averge height boy,with black short hair and blue eyes,he wears white shirt with pokeball picture on the chest.He also wears yelow pants and black and blue shoes

Personality:Reki enjoys jokes and pokemon battles.He is realy serius when he battles.
Pokemon:Has a pensear
Other:He came to camping because he heard there is alot of trainers in this camping place,and he heard it is very relaxing.

-POKEMON-
Name:Firey
Species: Pansear
Level And/Or Moves: Firey is about to get to lv 7,he cnows scratch,leer and play nice but in battle he mostly uses scratch
(this is mine first rp so dont judge me)

Last edited by a moderator:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
I could kind of tell, no offense. I think you need to fix your bio up a bit to show us that you can RP well. One thing to do is unbold the detail text. Anything that comes after a ':' should not be bold, and you can go and fix spelling mistakes, and whatnot. You could also add more detail. This is the first time I've said this to someone in a discussion thread, but I think it matters. You can't just really be let off the hook because it's your first RP...

Anyways, RP is up guys: https://pokecharms.com/threads/camping-trip-roleplay.19763/#post-651055

I could kind of tell, no offense. I think you need to fix your bio up a bit to show us that you can RP well. One thing to do is unbold the detail text. Anything that comes after a ':' should not be bold, and you can go and fix spelling mistakes, and whatnot. You could also add more detail. This is the first time I've said this to someone in a discussion thread, but I think it matters. You can't just really be let off the hook because it's your first RP...

Anyways, RP is up guys: https://pokecharms.com/threads/camping-trip-roleplay.19763/#post-651055
Thanks for advice ,ill listen to it and fix mine bio

Oh, I’m currently working on a long post since I just woke up.

I also might maybe have a Pokémon character soon since this might be a perfect time to introduce them after what happened from the last RP they were in.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Cubchoo? My only guess. Also I have hay fever a lot, so I can also guess myself too xD.

Yeah timezones are a suck. Where I actually live it would be 10 aswell.
I can pinpoint your location kiraru!

A Summer Camp? Why not!
Name: Allen
Appearance: Allen Wear's a Blue shirt that say's 'Snorlax' on it. The Shirt also has a Drawing of a Snorlax on it. A Jacket is Tied around his Waist while he Wear's Blue jean's. He is Seen with Sandal's on his feet most of the time.
Personality: Allen Is a Chill Person who like's to tell joke's. He spend's Most of his Time Looking for wild Pokemon
Pokemon: Cubchoo

-Cubchoo-
Name: Sniffle's
Specie's: Cubchoo
Level/Moves: 6, Tackle, Powder Snow, Hail (Tm Move)
Other: Tend's to sleep

Well, finally posted, and I might maybe make the Pokémon’s bio later when there’s been some information revealed or now if requested. (Though beware that there is quite a bit behind him.)

Name: Zak
Appearance: Pale with lots of freckles. He is a medium height and skinny. Zak's eyes are blue, and his hair is a lighter blue with a brown back. He usually wears black jeans and black coloured t-shirts, and a fluffy blue adventure best he got from the Poni Canyon Exploration Committee. For shoes, he'll wear long blue hiking boots.
Personality: Very much an extrovert. He makes friends easily, and is fairly confident, plus his pokemon. He's pretty smart, and he was called nerdy at school, but he kind of liked being smart and being called that. He does have a bit of a troubled history, struggling in school and such, but is generally a nice guy.
Pokemon: Noibat and Hakamo-o
Other: He comes from the poke-equivalent of the Western London.

Name: Hakamo-o
Species: Hakamo-o
Level: 35
Moves: Sky Uppercut, Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw, Bide
Other: It's my main Pokemon

Name:
Boombox (Shiny)
Species: Noibat
Level: 30
Moves: Air Slash, Dragon Rage, Supersonic, Super Fang
Other: It's shiny

Last edited:
Oh, the bars were from a loading bar site that I got them from when looking up a text bar or something along the lines of that. (Along with using the coloring tool here of course.)

I suppose I might maybe get into more detail witb the other Pokémon character I mentioned earlier.

Name: Lina
Appearance: Her complexion is pale, her cheeks are blushed with a small amount of freckles. She is skinny and of medium height. She have long dark brown hair, with a fringe to the left. Her left eye is in chocolate colour, and her right eye is dark blue. She usually wears a white, slightly too big long-sleeved sweater, a dark burgundy, knee skirt, black knees and black and white sneakers. You can usually see a grey bag on her shoulder.
Personality: After her parents had disappeared without a trace, she was taken care of by her grandmother. She is very shy and trusts very few people. She is sensitive and clumsy, but she will always help when someone needs help. She loves to read and listen to music, she hides her talent in secret from everyone. This talent is singing.
Pokemon: Cupcake and Slytherin

Name: Cupcake
Species: Sylveon
Level: Lv. 25
Moves: Draining Kiss, Fairy Wind, Disarming Voice and Swift.
Other: It's my first and main pokemon (Evolved from Eevee I had from my Grandma)

Name: Slytherin
Species: Servine
Level: Lv. 24
Moves: Mega Drain, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed and Wrap.
Other: Adventurous

Last edited:
Well, it took like 4 bios, but we finally have a female character!!111

Also, @CarrotCookie, you will most likely be accepted due to the quality of your bio; however the thread creator is in London currently, and may not be able to get back to you till' tomorrow.

also romance is encouraged in this rp. just letting you know. Also Boombox and Hakamo-o recently entered the cave and the third Pokemon will be an enemy one. I'm thinking of a cave dwelling pokemon, like Druddigon. I'm thinking of catching it.

Last edited: