• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Camping Trip Roleplay

“I’m Charles, the one that just went in my ball is a Bagon... He’s quite shy and well, he does get sleepy a lot during the day,” Charles replied before picking up the ursine Pokémon after noticing it quickly putting on his respirator and vest.

The chill Pokémon quickly typed on his pager before showing it to the boy known as Clement, as the screen read: “I’m Frost, though most people just call me Cubchoo for some reason.”

The Cubchoo resisted the urge to rub on the bandaged areas of his feet and left paw, as his body quivered along with the gentle breeze.

"Ah, alright. Well, nice to meet you. Anyways, your Cubchoo, can - type?" He said, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Well, anyways, I'm starting a fire for all of the boys to hang out around tonight. Would you care to join us? The more the merrier, I see it." Clement smiled, adding slyly: "No girls here yet, anyways."

Emily, the rambunctious Mankey ran up the hill towards them, Richter preferring to stay in the background. The Pokemon was elated at the sight of new friends, and quickly got to socializing with Cubchoo and Bagon. "Hello!" She chirped, in the seemingly aggressive, but genuinely kind nature of fighting types.

"What's your name? Mine is Emily, I'm pretty confused about this place, so if you had any more, uh, information to share that would be much appreciated!" Emily then smiled, jumping up and down to release it's eternally raising endorphin count. Lapis the Dewpider also walked up to both of them, however stayed silent. Not in the condescending manner of Richter, but out of pure shyness.

"Whoa, Watch it with the New Pokemon...Be gentle with them." Sniffle's said, Walking toward the Group of Pokemon. "Sorry about them. I'm not Under the Same trainer as them, and Only met them a Few Moment's ago myself thought, so were in the Same boat here. I'm Sniffle's, this is Emily as you can tell, and The Dewpider here is Lapis. Or so I'm told." Sniffle's said, Pointing to the Two in the Order they Explained. "Your Name is...?" The Cubchoo asked, Looking at Frost."On, And the One over by the River is Richter. At least, Everyone is Calling them that, So..."

“Place me down next to that case in the tent,” Frost typed on his pager before Charles nodded and did as the Cubchoo requested after the chill Pokémon showed the trainer the pager.

“I can hardly move around, but I think this should be enough to find out where I am... that is if there is even a signal out in the middle of nowhere,” Frost thought before pressing a tiny, hidden button on the bottom right corner of the top of the briefcase.

A series of keys appeared on the top area of the briefcase, as Frost took a lengthy breath soon after. He pressed on the various buttons with great timing and accuracy, as various chiptune sounds came from the briefcase in rhythmic order. A faint click could be heard from the briefcase a split second after the last sound went off. The case was opened, revealing a small, double panel with a large display on the top panel. The bottom contained a modest, red button in the center and a small lever at the bottom with a label in red ink that read the word of reset in capital lettering.

Frost pressed the red button six times to reveal a keypad on the right side and a small, paw print scanner on the left side. The numbers in the following order were quickly punched in the keypad: six, one, three, three, one, six. He placed his paw on the scanner after entering in the last digit, as a brief ding came from the device a split second later.

The screen booted up a brief moment after, though the text on the upper left corner read the words of no signal. He gave a light sigh before noting the blank map the display produced as a result of having no connection to any nearby radio waves. He decided to push down the lever and then back to its original position to shut off the device before closing the briefcase. A faint click could be heard from the case the moment it was shut.

“I can’t move as much, so can you pick me up? Someone’s calling me,” The Cubchoo typed on his pager before Charles scooped the ursine Pokémon in his arms.

Frost noticed another Cubchoo speaking to him, as Frost erased the text and swiftly tapped on the buttons for a brief moment. Frost showed the text filled display to the other Cubchoo and then to the Mankey, which read, “Well, I’m Frost, and it’s a long story as to how I ended up here... or even as a little bear for that matter.”

Zak ran down to the cave. He gave the other Pokemon there a nod, just so they knew he was there. He did notice a Pichu and a Growlithe and a Drudiggon... Wait Drudiggon! And it didn't look to happy. "Guys get down here!" He shouted to the others outside the cave. he gestured for the Pichu and Growlithe to get behind him. "Alright! Hakamo-o use Bide! And you use Supersonic Boombox!" The two Pokemon used their moves perfectly together. "Now lets go! Sky Uppercut and Super Fang!" Boombox bit down hard on the enemy's nose, while Hakamo-o gave it a massive uppercut. "Now use-" Zak stopped mid way through his command. He saw the Drudiggon's leg. It was injured, and clearly needed to be treated. "Hold on! Hold your fire!" Zak ran over to the Pokemon and examined it's leg closer. "Your hurt. Don't move..."
I bandaged the wound and helped it out of the cave. "Hey can you guys help with this guy!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(So so sorry for not posting at all for a long time. I was travelling and I was kind of out of it. I'm coming back into existence now, and sorry if I missed anything.)

"Pi-pi?" Pancakes was kind of daydreaming and he kind of zoned out, so he didn't really realise what was going on. He kind of realised that he was attaching himself to Nat- that's not Nathan! He embarrassedly recoiled. He shook his head. Pancakes walked over to the Druddigon. How the heck was he going to help?

Nathan also kind of zoned out. It's almost like they were spiritually connected, which they kind of were. Nathan stumbled across a cave, and a group of Pokemon helping a Druddigon out of a cave. What the heck? "Are you all okay?" He said kind of shyly. Pancakes heard the familiar voice. "Pi?!" He saw Nathan, his eyes lighting up, He jumped up onto Nathan's shoulder.

"Hey little buddy. Don't do that again." Pancakes shook his head. "Anyways, what happened to that Druddigon?"

Anastacia sighed as she up Her headphones in and hopped off the bus "and this is the heap of trash I'll be living in for the next week or two" she asked herself before lifting her tent over her bag and walking towards the main grounds "maybe I'll me some other girls? And we can talk about boys?" Stacy thought hopefully

He had Pushed through the bushes with his Cubchoo Ahead. His Growlithe had Appeared from the Bushes and went toward a Red tent. "Jaws! Watch with the tent! That was hard to set up." He came from the Bushes with his Cubchoo and Looked at the New Arrival. "Hello...?" he said, Putting down the Cubchoo. "Quite the Late Arrival, you are." he said while His Pokemon Followed. "C-Cuuuu!" The Little bear like Pokemon said. "I would watch it around here. Almost everybody around here is Male and People Usually...." he Trailed off. "Anyway, I'm Allen."

Clement got back to work making the fire, not allowing himself to get involved in any more social indulgences. He greeted the girl with an offhand, but a still friendly - "Hello!" Finishing the fire, he stood, calling Richter over to his position. The Kadabra walked over, eyeing Clement curiously. "Alright, Richter - I need you to set this on... fire." Richter nodded before closing his eyes and pushing his arms forwards.

A purple glow enveloped the area, especially the fire, and finally a spark was created at the bottom of the makeshift structure, and soon turned into a warm flame. "Good work!" Clement tossed Richter several poke beans in reward. He clapped his hands together in excitement. "Alright, now we've got something to sit around tonight."

Last edited:
Anastacia was in the middle of humming the tune to her favourite song "triangle of happiness" by tripod before glancing up giving them a slight hand gesture of acknowledgement before continuing hoping to find a person at this camp who didn't instantly greet her as if they where friends

Lina got out of her neighbor's car together with Cupcake and thanked him for his help. And she moved slowly to find the main grouds, thinking "I hope there won't be many people"

Zak set the Drudiggon down next to his tent. "You'll be OK... Hakamo-o can you look after Drudiggon! I'll go get a potion" Zak sprayed the potion on the wound. "Eat this berry it'll help with the pain. Now if you want to, you can stay here until the wound heals. After that as well. But if you want to leave that's fine with me." The Pokemon grunted. It didn't look like it was going anywhere. "It's settled then. I'm off to talk to my friends. C'mon you two." Zak said gesturing to his Pokemon. "Hey guys what did I miss? Oh and this is Boombox and Hakamo-o by the way." Zak looked at the group and he noticed that there were two new people among them. "Oh. Sorry I didn't see you guys arrive! I was down at the cave. I'm Zak by the way. So, as Clement would say... Indulge me! I want to make lots of new friends here!" Zak said giggling to himself.

(Sorry I missed so much, had to do write a book in a day yesterday)

After some time, Lina comes up to main grounds. And as soon as she hears a few voices, she quickly hides in the closest bushes, but as soon as next to her appears spinarak. She falls out of the bushes very quickly, just in front of the people who owned the voices she had previously heard. Lina started to blush very much and could not get any words out of her mouth except "...Hi..."

Clement, finished with the fire, was in his tent - catching up on reading, before he heard the girl fall to the ground. He flinched, not expecting this. Oh, Arceus, what was that? He staggered out of the tent, looking down to the person on the ground. "Oh my Arceus, are you alright?" He walked over, helping her up. "Alright, who are you? Another new arrival?" He asked inquisitively, furrowing his brow - probably feigning concern, just to get more information. Though if he was, it was very difficult to notice a difference between his true intentions with this statement. Was he overthinking this? Yes, he was.

The smoke from the fire Clement had set up was rising into the air, encouraging everybody to come back to the main campground to collectively meet each other around it.

“So, what happened out there? I heard a scream that sounded like a baby or something,” Charles enquired before Frost emitted a light sigh.

“This weird bird tried to attack me, but I drove it off... though that branch fell on me after that,” Frost replied after typing on his pager and showing the display to the trainer.

“Okay, also... any reason why the ball isn’t working on you?” Charles asked before the Cubchoo’s tail perked up.

“I thought you would have realized already, but I have a master just like the little dragon has you as his master,” Frost responded after deleting the previous text, typing out the new text and showing the screen to the man.

“Master, is he referring to his trainer? I think that’s what he might be getting to,” Charles thought before keeping the Cubchoo cradled in his arms.

“So it is true, you do have one. Who is it though?” Charles swiftly replied.

“It’s a cute girl in a lab coat, her name’s Diana. She has a little Pokémon that she calls Nessie,” Frost answered after typing on his pager again.

“Wait... did you just say Diana? So... let me get this straight, your trainer is my sister?” Charles asked before the Cubchoo nodded at the trainer.

“Alright, that’s good to know then. I’ll need you to stay with me, since I don’t think it’s really as safe out there,” Charles added before the chill Pokémon gave another nod to the trainer. The Cubchoo gulped after taking swift notice of the rising smoke from the campfire.

When the boy helped Lina, she started to blush and look at her feet. ". . . Im fine. . . Thanks for asking" She said shyly, then her Sylveon approached her and looked into her eyes. As soon as she saw Cupcake wearing a few leaves from the bushes, she kneel and took them off. Cupcake gave her courage ". . . Im Lina. . . Nice to meet you" She looked up at the boy and smiled gently.

"OK. Now that Drudiggon is healing up, I might cook up some dinner. What do you guys want. I could even cook desert if you like?" Zak was loving this camping adventure. Zak thought it was time he did something for his new friends.

Clement smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Clement, and, uh - it appears I was one of the first people to arrive here. Anyways, if I were you, I wouldn't explore until tomorrow - it's pretty dark." He pointed up to the navy blue night sky above. "But, if you would like to sit around the fire and talk, or something, that would be cool." The teen said in his rich, Kalosian accent before walking back over to the fire. He fashioned a steel rod from his pack, poking the tinder - attempting to grow the flame higher.

Lapis the Dewpider waddled up to Clement, before seeming to concentrate, and a sweet smell filled the air, immediately putting Clement at ease. Aromatherapy? But that's a grass type move... He thought, confused. A voice entered his head, it was Richter, speaking to him telepathically. "I sense something unusual with this Dewpider. It was trained by a family of Bayleefs, it knows some grass type moves - such as aromatherapy, it looks like. Probably either picked it up from its parent figures, or they taught him it. Maybe our little friend has more of a backstory than we anticipated, really."

Zak was cooking up some dumplings, rice pudding, pastries, pies. And when it was all done he decided to cook poke-puffs, croissants, and malasadas, his favorite. "Dinners up!" he said serving it onto a bench where they could all eat. "Don't worry about eating to much, I have plenty of food in my jeep."

Clement gasped. "Oh my Arceus, Zak! Come on, get over to the fire so we can enjoy all of this lovely preparation you've made!" He ran over, quickly grabbing a plate and then making his way over to the fire - sitting down with all of his Pokemon. He took some extra plates for Richter, Emily, and Lapis - and began passing it all out. He began eating. "So, uh, Dewpider knows aromatherapy - apparently. I hear it's good for relaxation, and healing your Pokemon." Lapis began using it again, as the pink mist traveled through the air - bestowing a euphoric feeling across the group.

After they all had eaten the main, Zak decided to go give Drudiggon a plate. He saw Drudiggon was not there. She was on the cliff that was overlooking the seaside. Zak sat down next to Drudiggon. He gave her the plate. "So your leg healed fast. I know that Drudiggons are particularly good at fast healing." Drudiggon nodded. Then she gestured towards a Pokeball on Zak's belt. "You want to be part of my team?" Drudiggon grunted and nodded. "OK then!" Zak lifted up the Pokeball to Drudiggon. The Pokeball wobbled three times and caught. Zak released Drudiggon. They walked back to the campsite and Zak said: "Who's up for desert?"

Lina slowly came up to the fire and sat down next to Clement. She lifted Cupcake to her knees and gave her a small cookie. After looking at her pokemon for a while, she looked at the boy next to her and asked him, "Clement. . . Maybe you could help me with the tent?. . ". She started to blush and look at the fire.

Noticing she was blushing, Clement patted her on the back. "Don't be nervous, trust me. This is a great camp. And, yes, I will help you with your tent." He flashed a warm smile. Then, calling out: "Richter, come with me, my friend!" Richter immediately trotted over with Clement, as the duo made their way to the unfinished structure of Lina's tent. "Richter, use kinesis and set up Lina's tent!" The Kadabra obeyed, a pink glow surrounding the tent kit. In seconds, it was fully set up and structurally sound. "Well, there you go. I'm heading back to the fire." And with that, he walked back to the comforting glow of the inferno.

Frost pointed towards the ground and tapped Charles’s arms for a brief moment, as the trainer nodded and gently placed Frost on the ground. The Cubchoo slowly crawled towards the fire, taking care to not let the pain get the better of him. He noticed the trainer grabbing several sticks and various berries, as the man said, “Want to try some berries on a stick? It’ll take a couple of minutes to get them nice and cripsy out, and soft in.”

Frost gave a dubious nod in response, while backing away towards the tent after the heat made the pain on his left paw and feet worsen. It was apparent that the chill Pokémon struggled to stand up like any normal Pokémon could at the moment, as he took a deep breath and approached the briefcase.

He unlocked the briefcase after pressing on the hidden button and performing the quick, musical sequence with precise timing. Once the briefcase was opened, he pressed on the button five times, then held down on the button after the last press for a brief moment. A short beep came from the machine, as a small container slid out from the bottom, hidden compartment of the briefcase.

The computer’s screen read:

Logged in as: Frost
Pass: ********

To begin the defusal test, push down the reset switch and close the briefcase. Wait for a brief moment until the bomb boots on and begins counting down.

As this is an advanced testing session, the manual will not be present. The bomb is only a replica of the plastic explosive used in various bank robberies.

Be careful as a mistake denotes failure of the test. You will have five minutes to disarm the bomb.

Frost gulped after carefully reading the directions, as he pushed down on the switch and closed the briefcase soon after. He picked up the device, as the timer lit up, and began emitting a continuous beep with every second that went by.

“Hey umm... is there something beeping like crazy around here?” Charles asked while the Cubchoo quickly unscrewed the white, plastic casing with his small, hunting knife from the right pocket of his vest.

Last edited:
As Zak nommed down on his Malasada, he had an idea. "Hey Clement! How about a battle?" Zak stood over at the end of the grassy field ready for a battle. If Clement accepted.

Clement turned towards Zak, grinning. "I thought you'd never asked." He stood, walking over to a clear area - Richter, Emily, and Lapis following him. They set out on the makeshift battlefield. "Alright, Emily, you're up first!" The Mankey made an excited jumping motion, sprinting in front of clement aggressively.

"OK! I'll go with Boombox!" Zak said calling forth his shiny. "Let's go! Use Air Slash!" The little bat gave sharp blasts of wind out of it's wings. "Ha! It's even super effective!"

Clement, expecting him to bring out a flying type, yelled - "Quick, Emily, dodge it!" Emily, using it's incredibly rambunctious speed, bounded out of the way, before sprinting towards Boombox. "Okay, Fury Swipes!" The Mankey lunged at the Noibat, preparing a flurry of attacks at point blank range.

"Dodge!" Zak had to think of his next move really hard. "Boombox! Use Air Slash on the ground!" The whirlwind created dust and grass all over the battlefield. "Use Hyper Fang from behind!" Out of no where the bat Pokemon came through the dust.

Disoriented, this attack hit Emily, sending her sliding forwards. However, this enraged it even more, and the Mankey stood - screaming: "MAAAN, KEEEEY!" And now used the dust to mask it's approach. Emily flanked through the dust, darting around in a zig zag pattern. "Okay, Emily, jump up and use Karate Chop!" Emily jumped up into the air, falling towards the Noibat, a Karate Chop right about to come down directly onto Boombox.

Before Emily had disappeared into the dust Zak had commanded to use it's supersonic waves, to detect the location of the Mankey. He easily dodged the attack and used Dragon Rage, which if it hit, would knock the Pokemon out. Zak just hoped it would.

Emily rolled out of the way, dodging the Dragon Rage, however was beginning to show signs of getting tired from all the dodging. Clement had to re - think his strategy. "Alright, Richter, come on up!" He returned Emily, and sent out the Kadabra. "Alright, Richter, teleport!" Richter vanished, before materializing behind Boombox. "Psybeam, now!!!" Richter formed a purple ray of energy, blasting it towards the back of the Noibat.

While some of the other trainers appeared to be battling with each other, Frost continued to stay deeply concentrated at disarming the replica bomb. The chill Pokémon took a deep breath after noticing a bunch of wires, buttons and other electrical devices inside the plastic casing.

"Okay, just relax... this thing won't go boom if I screw up, but I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't be doing that regardless. Now, it looks like there's only three wires on that panel. One of them is white, the middle is blue, and the bottom is also white. The bottom has this light and the top has this weird cross next to it. I should be able to determine which to cut, and the wires do come back together ironically enough," Frost contemplated while attempting to keep his thoughts as concise as he could to continue focusing at the significant task. The Cubchoo gulped and held the hunting knife with a shaky grip, as he made a slow slit at the middle and bottom wires soon after. A short, high beep came from the bomb, as the Cubchoo sighed in relief.

"Alright, that's one of them done, now it looks like... uh oh, this doesn't sound good," Frost thought before picking up several, rapid beeps, as a module on the bottom right corner started to boot on. The tiny display read the number thirty, with four light-emitting diodes faintly flashing their white lights at the Cubchoo. Several small, canisters could be seen below the display, with an array of colorful wires connected to the small screen. A higher beep came from the device after a loud click was heard, as the numbers started to diminish one by one on the display. The light-emitting diodes suddenly dimmed a few seconds later, as all but the left remained on when the display was blinking at the ten second mark.

"Ugh... I gotta think quickly before that thing goes to well... yeah. I think that knob on the right might have something to do with this, and I gotta do this fast!" Frost thought before noting the knob's position of facing up to be down.

"Oh boy, this thing is inverted... I guess I'll have to be careful, and I only have a few seconds left!" Frost added in his mind before quickly turning the knob to have it face down before the display could finish counting down from one to zero.

"Okay, that seems to be taken care of, at least for now I guess... I don't know if it'll come back, but I should probably get working on that control panel there... I only got a little over three minutes, I'll have to pick up the pace if I want to pass," Frost quickly thought while noting his sweaty, shaky paws after shifting his attention to the wires leading towards a panel encased in a resilient, metallic casing.

Noibat couldn't avoid this one. He fell to the floor stunned. "Arrgh... Alright return Boombox you did good. Go Dorothy!" The Drudiggon flew onto the field and blew all the dust away with her wings. "Ready Dorothy! Use Dragon Rush!" A giant aura surrounded the pokemon as it leaped up and dived at the enemy at lightning speed. It was way to fast to get away from.

Charles watched the battle unfold while slowly taking out the berry kebabs the moment they were cooked to perfection. Most of the berries had a slight, golden brown hue in combination with their original shading. Charles decided to place the kebabs on his wooden plate after taking it out from his bag and setting the bag down in his tent. He grabbed a kebab on the leftmost side and took a bite from the top berry.

“This is nothing that I’ve tasted before... it’s so sweet, yet so delicious with the way it feels soft in and a little hard out,” Charles thought before turning his attention to the device emitting a constant stream of moderate, beeping sounds.

(Sorry for the late reply)

"Richter, use Confusion!" Richter created a jaded circle in front of him, firing it off to the charging dragon. Clement's thinking was that if this hits, it may be able to take the Druddigon off course, and possibly make it charge into the ground and hurt itself. Richter, however, braced for impact - just in case.

"Don't try any thing to put it off course! My Dorothy's got a thick skull! She can with stand confusions of most kinds. Still directly on target, Dorothy zoomed toward Richter and hit the ground as the dust cleared, Zak wondered if it would be a direct hit or not. He hoped he had knocked that Pokemon out.

Dorothy got a direct hit on Richter. When the dusk cleared, the Kadabra was barely conscious, but still not out. Clement grimaced, growling in frustration. "Alright, Richter, KINESIS!!!" Richter, using the power that remained in him, psychically grabbed the Druddigon - throwing them into the air, across the battlefield. "Alright, Richter, rest now." Clement then returned the Kadabra into it's Pokeball, before sending out Lapis the Dewpider.

"Dorothy! Can you keep going!" The Pokemon looked back and nodded. "OK! Use Lava PLume!" Hot magma shot right out of the dragon's mouth. "Thunder Punch!" Zak shouted. The Pokemon executed both commands perfectly.

(waiting to see if either were enough to knock out lapis when @Salted_Apples Responds)

Clement gasped. "Lapis, use Scald directly at Dorothy's face!" Lapis shot a boiling jet of water straight towards the Druddigon, steaming directly towards the eyes of the dragon. Clement held his breath, knowing that this could very well be the deciding moment of the battle, and all he could do now was hope for the best. If the scald landed, it could at worst throw the Druddigon off course and have Lapis sustain little damage, or at best knock it out as well. Seeing the Lava Plume, Lapis quickly strafed out of the way, any damage that would be done would have been very minimal - due to the typing.