• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Camp Terra

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James saw Hazel wheel out, so he assumed that Hazel noticed what happened. James tried to do some sort of signal to ask Hazel what happened. Oh he wished he could speak, or at least have a pen and paper to just write down what he was trying to say. He started to scan the room for a paper and pencil, with none to be found.

Hazel turned around and stared at James, who was doing some sort of signal. She assumed he was asking what happened, and Hazel looked slightly fearful about socializing. "I-I-I'm n-not s-s-sure, th-th-that Ai-Aipom l-l-looked i-i-injured," She stuttered to the Oshawott nervously. She was stammering so bad you could barely figure out what she was saying. She hung her head sadly and wheeled back into the cabin, parking her wheelchair by the window and staring out it happily, looking at the beautiful nature, like the pretty trees and flowers covering the fields.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yes!" James thought, he wasn't happy because of the injured Aipom, but because Hazel recognized what James was trying to ask her. James reached into his backpack to see if he packed paper. For some reason, he did. He grabbed it, and wrote, "Hi! My name is James, and I was born with a condition which stops me from talking. I wish I could though..." He thought about it for a second, before passing it to Hazel. He was kind of nervous, he was kind of outgoing, but this was kind of weird, being able to communicate with others for the first time.

Hazel reached out for the paper in her wheelchair and grabbed it with little hands, holding it carefully. She read it with a warm smile before grinning at James warmly. "M-m-my n-n-name i-is H-H-Hazel," She responded with a stutter. Once again you could just about make out her words. "N-N-nice to m-m-meet y-y-you!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James sighed. He was perfectly fine, sending that piece of paper made him a bit nervous. He signaled for the paper back. "Uhhh.... You can calm down, I'm shy too." He wrote. "It's hard to make friends without being able to even introduce myself. I know how you feel." He passed the paper back down. Blushing a little because he was nervous, this was the first time he had a chance to have a nice conversation with someone.

Last edited:
Chu heard the ruckus that had happened outside, and she stayed within her room until Hazel came back and her and James introduced each other. She peeked at the paper before rushing out, taking a mental note that the Oshawott's name was James and the Quilava's name was Hazel. She rushed out toward the front of the cabin and saw an injured Aipom with the Ninetales and the Raichu hovering over the Pokemon. She then saw the Absol rush outside....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Sol was getting the kids settled into their rooms, when he felt a surge of pain in his mind. He had to lay down and bury his head into his paws to stop the pain, but it flooded him like wildfire burning down a forest. He saw the image of a Charmander hurting an Aipom with some energy emanating from him, and the screams of the Aipom apologizing and begging for him to stop. The fur and hair on his body bristle up into little spikes and his muscles tensed from the agonizing pain and his ability to see such an event. The vision faded and he ran quickly outside. He saw the Aipom, and his wounds confirmed that his vision was true. He walked over to the poor Pokemon and relayed to the staff members about what had happened:

"The Charmander. He did this. Some strange energy was emanating from him. It looked purple. I thought I heard the Aipom say something about insulting him and that he was sorry. The Charmander had ran away..." his voice came out laboring. He couldn't speak very well, as his body was in pain, mainly his head. He shook his head, trying to shoo it away. His eyes conveyed pain as they were squinted and in between every sentence he breathed heavily, growling as he exhaled.

Chu walked up to the poor Absol, and then looked at the Aipom. She felt so bad for the poor guy, she just wished for him to get better. She walked up to the Pokemon's tail and held on to it, wishing to the stars that he'll heal. That's when the stars granted her wish, and Chu's body began to glow like the fiery orbs in the cosmos themselves. They danced around her and then hovered slowly over to the fainted Aipom. The stars then slowly descended into the body of the monkey, slowly healing his burns and cuts. Chu had her eyes shut this entire time, and when it was done, she slowly opened them and sat down from pure exhaustion, her ears pointing backward.

Sol saw the amazing light display and the ensuing health regeneration and smiled. He said in wonder: "That was Wish. How did you know such a move?"

She just simply replied with a shrug before saying: "My father always wanted us to be safe and healthy. Whenever something bad happened, he made sure we were healthy by wishing to the cosmos that we'd be healed, and it works. He showed me. I don't know how I did it besides wishing, but my father did teach me."

Sol smiled and then looked up toward Emma and Deja. His smile became a grimace when he peered over to the direction of the path the departed Charmander took. He wondered what kind of condition he had. Whatever he had, Sol's body and mind were wanting to go to war with it, as it was extremely dangerous.

Charles began to pant after running just ten meters away from the cabins, as it was a bit unusual for him to already be tired despite his health. He fell near a tall tree while attempting to regain his energy, though it was long lost after his adrenaline ceased to produce due to his body being severely strained from the intense pressure it had. The aura of his seemed to be coming to an end, as the glimmering and the likes of it on his body stopped minutes later when the Chimecho caught up to him. She attempted to cross her tiny arms and said with a stern tone, "Alright Charles, we need to talk in my office. You look pretty hurt from all that steam you let off on that Aipom, so I'll get you fixed up at once."

She teleported herself and Charles to her office, as she floated above the examination table Charles was comfortably leaning on now. She grabbed a bottle of apple juice and calmly gave it to him after grabbing her clipboard with her telekinetic force as usual. She watched him slowly sipping on it still like a little baby, as she thought, "Maybe I might want to do introductions later or something else since this kid has already beaten up that poor little Aipom. I'm just hoping to dear Arceus that I can hopefully teach him how to control his anger and get along with others instead of just being with me twenty four seven..."

She focused a bit more energy in and sent it as a pulse of healing matter towards Charles after he was pacified; or at least it seemed to be for the most part. The pinkish orbs slowly gathered together and reinstituted a gradual amount of energy into Charles's body. She gave a quick check to make sure that it was not too much at once, or else he could go wild like he did on that Aipom unfortunate enough to trigger it.

After a quick thought, she knew that it would be best for Charles to have some time to himself to ensure his prolonged state of repose. She grabbed two books, which were titled, "Dealing with Meltdowns: Parent's Edition" and "The ABCs of Anger." She gave the child-friendly book to Charles while she decided to read the first few chapters of her book. When Charles saw the book floating down towards his lap, he noticed that the book turned towards the first page after he got a nice look at the various, vivid visuals that would surely appeal to someone in his age range. He kept the book on his lap and attempted to use his palms and elbows to turn the pages since he did not seem to figure out that he could be holding his bottle with only one arm; leaving the other free to engage with other significant tasks. The two continued to read their respective books while the office was in its moment of silent tranquility.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James saw, and heard Chu rush out, while waiting for a response from Hazel. What was going on. It seems like a lot was going on at once. He peered out the door, and it seemed like it was calming down, so he kept waiting.

Deja sighed with relief. "Thanks for helping out. That just happened all of a sudden." Deja thanked Sol and Claire. "I think it's almost time to get the kids to lunch. I'll take them shortly." Deja peered into the rooms. "10 minutes until lunch, kids!".

Hazel heard more happening outside and a bit of fear rushed through her again as her eyes widened slightly. She couldn't stand all the noise outside, making her scared. She wondered if the Charmander was some kind of crazy student who bullied all the Pokemon. She sure hoped not, but it seemed like it. She noticed James taking the paper back and then writing something on it before passing it back to her. She calmed down a bit after reading it, but it wasn't because she was super shy she had her stutter - she was super shy but the shyness didn't cause it. She was just nervous around everybody apart from adults who she knew she could trust (like the counselors) as she was in a wheelchair, worried she would be teased. She knew this wasn't the case with the Oshawott, but she was still very nervous. "I-I, um, uh, I, uh," She couldn't find out what to say for a few seconds, panicking. "I-I j-j-just, f-find i-it hard t-to make f-friends, b-because I-I'm i-in a wh-wheelch-chair, I-I'm a-a-afraid I-I'll b-be t-t-teased..." She murmured, her stutter still there as she passed the paper black, blushing the same colour of her pinkish glowing spikes because she was nervous.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James took the pencil back. "I know how you feel. I get teased sometimes with no way to defend myself from it. I can't talk! I won't tease you, I think we'll get along quite well. Let's be friends!" James stopped blushing, he wasn't nervous anymore. He passed the paper down, and waited. He did hear Deja yell out that it was 10 minutes until lunch. He couldn't wait.

Hazel took the paper and read it, a warm little smile growing on her face. She passed the paper back to James with a grin. "I-I'm s-sorry t-to h-hear th-that. I-if a-anyb-body t-teases y-you h-here, I-I'll d-defend y-you!" She exclaimed, feeling slightly silly when she said that but also happy. "I-I'll g-gladly b-be f-friends w-with y-you!" She told James happily, a wide happy grin on her face. She also heard Deja yell it was ten minutes until lunch, but Hazel wasn't particularly hungry.

Emma ran the Aipom over to the health office, but she wasn't sure how to tend to it at all. She knew nothing about helping people get better. "Well this is bad," She murmured to herself as she put the Aipom down on the examination table. "And that Chimecho is occupied with that Charmander... oh geez." She picked up the walkie talkie and started talking to Deja. "Deja, I have no idea how to tend to this Aipom!" Emma exclaimed, a tone of sad worry in her voice.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James took the paper back again. "That's better! Smile! Uhhh...." James thought about what to write. It took him a little bit, but he wrote something. "I don't know why anyone would tease you, you look amazing, even with the wheel chair!" He passed the paper back down, blushing a tiny bit. It made him a bit nervous to compliment Hazel like that, but he just wanted to make Hazel happy.

Deja heard Emma. "Wasn't Aipom healed by a magical beam that came out of Chu. If he really needs help though, we have ambulances on standby a little bit down from here." She said into her walkie-talkie.

Emma stared into the walkie talkie, completely embarrassed. "Ah geez, I didn't even notice... is he safe to go then?" She asked Deja through the walkie talkie.

Hazel took the paper and read it, blushing happily when she read the compliment. She tried her best to stop her stutter and it somehow worked. "Thank you!" She replied to James, smiling brightly. Her stutter didn't stay away for long though. "They t-tease me b-because most a-activities ch-children do I c-can't. They tease me f-for being d-disabled." She explained to James sadly, passing the paper back to him.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Deja replied into the walkie talkie. "Do you see any injuries, can he walk on his own?"

James took the paper. "I completely understand. I broke my leg once, when I was younger. I had to be in a wheel chair for only two weeks, but I missed out on so many fun things I wanted to do. What I don't understand, is why people make fun of others for being disabled. By the way, why are you in a wheel chair, what happened?" James wrote down.

Emma stared down at the Aipom, looking very worried. "Um, I'm not sure." She said into the walkie talkie. "Can you walk?" She asked the Aipom, uncertain of what to do. (@Aquaman , do you still control the Aipom?)

Hazel smiled as James wrote on the paper, then read it as he passed it back to her. When she read the last part she looked and felt extremely fearful. "I-I'd r-r-rather n-n-not t-t-talk a-a-about i-it," She replied quietly, her face turning red in shyness and embarrassment. "P-people t-tease p-people wh-who a-are d-disabled b-because th-they 'aren't normal', b-but th-they th-think d-disabled p-people a-are a-abn-normal i-in a b-bad w-way," She replied to James, stuttering a lot in worry as she passed the paper back to him. "L-like th-they're n-not n-normal p-people a-and sh-should b-be p-punished f-for it. L-like w-with au-autism."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James took the paper back. "I understand if you don't want to talk about it. No-one can force you to (minus doctors probably). I completely disagree with people who think bullying people is 'cool'. It drives me insane. There are a group of kids (you should stay away from) that used to bully me, just to seem cool. But I know, that bullies have something wrong with them. I know they can be mean, but you should be nice to them. Most bullies are really struggling in something." James wrote, and passed the paper down.

Hazel took the piece of paper and read it with a relieved smile, glad James understood why she didn't want to talk about it. "I-I kn-know b-bullies only b-bully b-because th-they h-have s-something w-wrong with th-them so th-they're sad and t-take it o-out on o-others, b-but a-at th-the e-end o-of the d-day, bullies b-bully, and th-that's not right." She stuttered back, passing James the paper. Her stomach growled very quietly. She did feel a little hungry now, and was glad lunch was in a couple minutes.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James took the paper back. "That's why you should actually get them some help, so they feel better, and stop bullying others. Are you hungry? I am for sure." James passed the paper down, that side of the paper was filled with letters now.

Shade saw some commotion a but away. She ran over to see some pokemon talking. Looking around, she could tell some kind of event happened here. But she couldn't tell what.

Hazel read the paper - her stutter seemed to be disappearing a bit. "I once tried h-helping a b-bully. Know what happened? They laughed at me and shoved my wheelchair backwards." She replied to James. Her face seemed to be quite a cross expression but also slightly upset. "A-and yes, I'm slightly hungry." She added with a little giggle.

Beep jumped out of being on the mental plane. "Carp! I'm late!" He said, collar/mood ring turning black. He ran into the front office building, excited for things to come. He let that fuel him. For some reason, there wasn't anyone at the front desk. "H-hewwo?" He asked, in an ironic voice. He enlarged his ring, and took out an extra-small Pecha berry. He chewed on it, hoping one of the other RPers can have their counselor character come sign him in, or something. Hopefully.

Hazel smiled at James cheerfully. "I-I might go f-find th-that P-Pichu. I-I kn-know nothing ab-about her, I-I even d-don't know h-her name." She told James with a grin, wheeling away out the cabin and looking for Pichu, and there she was. "H-hello!" Hazel exclaimed to the Pichu nervously, stammering. "Wh-what i-i-is y-y-your n-name?" She asked politely, her eyes looking slightly fearful.

“Come on, Dee, we’re going to be late! We weren’t supposed to go here!” Todd insisted as he kept his gaze fixated on the Sneasel, who was currently occupied with finding the next bright colored foothold to set her paw onto. Hanging onto the rock climbing wall, about 6 feet of the ground, she had managed to find a secure spot. After confirming she stood steady Dee looked back down at the concerned Sandshrew. “No we won’t! Come on! We’ll climb this wall together, like-“ she paused for a moment, pondering the continuation of her sentence, “Like two Pokémon who climb mountains! We’ll be like- mountain climbers? Yea, Yea! Todd and Dee, master climbers!”

“I really, really thinks we should go catch up with the others Dee!” Todd insisted once more, “Please? We can be master climbers later, right?” After a moment without response from his companion Todd added another, slightly whiny “Dee?”

The Sneasel closed her eyes in mild annoyance for a moment and let out an exaggerated sigh as she made her way down from the wall. “Fiiiiine, but next time we’ll climb it together. Master climbers?” Dee cocked her head slightly as she waited for the confirmation of her buddy.

“Master climbers!” Todd beamed, more excited about finally getting back on track than climbing the rock wall, but excited nonetheless.

Now that the ‘pact of the master climbers’ was sealed, they both picked up their luggage, Dee at a much more leisurely pace than Todd, and made their way down the path they had last seen the rest of the Pokémon heading. Neither of them knew exactly where to go, or if they would be spotted away from the group, but eventually they ended up at the cabins. Mostly by sheer luck, but at the cabins nevertheless.

“Alright, Todd, we can do this.” Dee reassured the Sandshrew, who was on the verge of a nervous breakdown by the looks of it.

“See? I told you we’d be late, Dee!” Todd retorted, his voice shaking with nerves.

“We’re not late. We’re, like- delayed! Yea!” Dee made an attempt to soothe her companion’s nerves with a reassuring smile as she passed by the impaired, stammering Quilava that was trying to have a conversation with a Pichu. She paid them no mind and went straight for the cabin door, waiting for Todd to catch up to her before opening the door to the inside of the cabin.

However, Todd seemed to have different plans and walked up to the two Pokémon to introduce himself. “Hello! I’m Todd and-“ he paused for a moment and looked over to Dee, waiting impatiently at the door, and gestured for her to come over, “-come say hi Dee!”

“That’s Dee, she’s my friend!” Todd beamed and eagerly awaited the response of the two Pokémon in front of him.

Beep was tired of waiting. He said one last "Hello?" Before deciding he was done. "Okay then, I'll just go on my way." He announced, before leaving the office. He started down the trail, breathing the fresh mountain air. "Holy heck," Beep said to himself. "This is my aesthetic." He approached some cabins, and his mood ring flashed a bright blue, before returning to purple. Did i mention purple was the normal color? There were a couple of other Pokemon, specifically a Pichu, Oshawott, Qwuilava (how do you even spell that) Sandshrew, and Sneasel. "Nice." He said to himself. Quickly after, he spotted one of the counselors. He walked up to the main counselor, and asked "Hello! I just got here, and uhhhh... What am i supposed to be doing?" Jeez. that was a long time between posts.

Last edited:
Charles finished reading his twenty page book in a matter of about ten minutes while he was now finished with his bottle of apple juice. Claire placed her book back down at her desk after finishing the second chapter, as she looked over at Charles only to see him staring off into space as usual when he had nothing to do. She took the book and bottle and placed them in their respective places and asked him, "So... how was the book? Be honest, I don't mind if you didn't like it."

Charles attempted to vocalize a comprehensible word towards Claire, but all that could come out of his mouth was a low sound of hesitancy almost as if he could not just simply state his thoughts like any normal Pokémon could. Claire scratched the sides of her head with her right arm and briefly read his thoughts after knowing that he was not going to give in. She gave a concealed sigh and said, "It's okay if you don't like it, I understand that trying to talk to them is going to be impossible... especially after they harassed you and doing other bad things here."

She took a deep breath and continued after clearing her throat, "I used to be a bit like you when I was just a kid and being this bell, but my mother once told me: Fight with your words, not with your force." She carefully lifted Charles and made her way towards the door with her bag, as she gave a quick check to make sure she had everything.

She gulped when she saw the Aipom on an examination table in the Health Center, as she thought, "Oh dear! I can't have Charles seeing that poor little guy! I almost forgot that this little lizard doesn't let things go like everyone else does... Or at least almost everyone."

She noticed a Ninetales staring at an Aipom with a likely worried manner, as she silently floated over to her and asked, "Umm... is the little guy okay? He looks like he's been healed by a professional doctor or something."

She gulped when she saw Charles's gaze focused in her direction, as she cried, "Eek! I think I might need to go back or something... uhh..." She grabbed her book and used it in an attempt to shield the Aipom from Charles's field of sight. However, it seemed as if Charles was not exactly buying into her last resort move attempting to mask the Pokémon that harassed him earlier.

"What's this? Someone's deciding to help the person that's bullying me? Well then... I do believe it's time for me to do what that lady told me to do... Destroy... every... impurity!" Charles thought while gathering a substantial amount of energy after having several burst thoughts. His entire body was soon engulfed in his chthonic aura a mere half minute later after having all of his bottled up emotions of various degrees of negativity; from anger, to envy and all the way to even mindlessness. The quiet flame on his tail was now a malevolent purple, while almost his entire body and the faintly visible aura surrounding him was a darkened, shadow violet.

Claire's body shook the moment when Charles lost it, as she made a break for the medicinal drawer. She crossed her arms with tremendous hopes of luck from the mythical gods that her sedative medicine was still there in the red container that read in big white letters, "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: BREAK GLASS." She took several deep breaths and prayed to Arceus that the sedative was still there, as she could only hope that Charles was not preparing a powerful move. It was too late to pray for that last part however, as Charles's right hand was glowing in a bright, purplish light of draconian power.

Emma noticed a Chimecho float over to her and ask if the Aipom was okay. "Yes, he is okay, actually. Some move a Pichu performed on it. I'm guessing it was a move like Heal Pulse or Wish or something similar," Emma replied to the Chimecho, sounding as professional as she could. She stared down at the Aipom again but then looked back up when the Chimecho appeared to be blocking herself with a book. Emma raised an eyebrow in confusion then peeked her head around the door, noticing a Charmander there. Not just an ordinary Charmander - a Charmander with a malevolent purple flame tail, and its body surrounded by a faint aura of darkened violet. "What the...?" Emma whispered in shock as the Charmander stared at the Aipom, its right hand glowing with a bright purple light. She noticed the Chimecho break for the medicinal drawer as Ninetales quickly stood in front of the Aipom, her tail shooting up to completely block the view of Aipom as she held out her arms. She didn't know what to say. "Stop that!" She yelled in a feeble, worried voice, staring at the Charmander with worried but also angry glaring eyes.

Hazel looked away from the Pichu and looked to her side, noticing a Sneasel and Sandshrew introducing themselves. The Sneasel apparently was named Dee and the Sandshrew named Todd. She didn't notice her instincts were kicking in and she slowly reversed her wheelchair away. She then noticed she was purposely without realising reversing her wheelchair backwards and blushed furiously as she quickly made up an excuse to get away now she'd completely embarrassed herself. "Oh! I forgot! I need to... go somewhere... uh, yeah. It's important." She lied feebly, quickly turning her wheelchair around and speedily wheeling away from Chu, Todd and Dee.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Through the crack of the open door, James could see Hazel backing up. James hopped out of his bed to take a look. He saw a Sneasel, and Sandshrew. He wondered who they were. He waved to them, and grabbed the piece of paper to write a message, but he stopped. He just waited to be noticed.

Chu shook her head from the dizziness that affected her, only for the Quilava, Hazel, to appear before her. She was about to introduce herself, but a Sandshrew and a Sneasel appeared, introducing themselves as Todd and Dee. Chu was about to introduce herself to all three, but Hazel quickly left the area. She sighed and finally, with her tired, but still squeaky as ever voice, introduced herself to the two newcomers. "My name is Chu. A Pichu. Nice to meet you. Now, I'm going to head into my room now before lunch starts, to make sure everything is there. See you guys later. Maybe we can hang out sometime."

With that, Chu quickly followed Hazel away to their room. When Chu finally made it to the room, she climbed up on a bed and told Hazel and James her name, right before she yawned. Her mouth gaped open to an almost impossible point for her own mouse-y jaw. The force of her yawn even sent her falling back on her bed. She then explained to James and Hazel what the big white, floofy Pokemon said. She assumed he was an Absol, but she wasn't so sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sol, his head now ceasing in its pain, gathered enough strength to throw his voice in Cabin 2. He walked up to the door and yelled that lunch was going to be ready in just a few minutes. That's when the pain surged in again. This time, he saw the enraged Charmander, ready to strike. He knew what he had to do, but the pain caused his vision to fail him. He only had his sense of smell to guide him, as his hearing was being bogged by the ringing heard within his head. He rushed back to the health center, feeling for the door before pushing it open. He then smelled the air and found the scent of the Charmander. A smell of chemicals burning and pheromones a lizard would have. He then walked over to the enraged Charmander and found his visage to be purple, unable to see any detail in him. That's when he knew he had to strike. He launched himself with the power of his back legs, pouncing towards the purple lizard with this forelegs in front of him. Hopefully, he didn't make too much noise coming in, as he was quite loud in his stumbling gait walking up to this point.

Dee had been unwilling to join her buddy and the other Pokémon for a friendly get-together. So, she continued to stand at the entrance to the cabin. A mild annoyance taking hold of her as she waited impatiently for Todd to get the small talk over with. It didn’t seem to take long as the two Pokémon defused the conversation, both with their own subpar excuses, and passed her by into the cabin. Dee flashed the two Pokémon a short, nasty glare before walking over to Todd. “Don’t worry about them, Todd, guess not everyone can be friendly.”

“What do you mean?” Todd retorted, genuinely confused about the words of his friend. “They have important things to take care of. They’re not mean, just busy! Right, Dee?”

Right.” Dee spitefully responded and looked back in the direction of the cabin for a brief moment before she turned her gaze back to her buddy. “They were just busy, you’re right. I was just silly. I’m sorry Todd.”

“It’s okay, Dee!” Todd beamed, smiling wide in an attempt to reassure his friend. “So, do we go inside?”

Dee nodded in agreement and went for the door, picking up the luggage she’d placed on the ground next to the entrance. “Coming?”

“Yes!” Todd caught up to the Sneasel and together they entered the cabin. Stepping into the shared room they were met with two Pokémon from before, but also another one. An Oshawott by the looks of it.

“Hey! I know him!” Todd exclaimed as he excitedly stepped up to the Oshawott to properly introduce himself. “Hi! I’m Todd, what’s your name?”

“Todd, Todd! Slow down!” Dee interrupted the introduction by calling her friend out on his statement. “How do you know him?”

“He was waving at us before. Outside.”

“Oh? Right. Okay.” With her curiosity satiated Dee left Todd’s side and claimed one of the beds as her own by tossing her luggage onto it. After which she sat herself down next to the unopened luggage and watched her buddy as he was, yet again, trying to make friends.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Shoot..." James once again, couldn't speak, which was now being hammered into his head. He forgot about the paper, so all he could do was sit their awkwardly. He shouldn't of waved back there. James was now giving off mixed signals to Todd. He looked shy, and awkward, but that was kind of the opposite. He blushed from embarrassment.

Todd tilted his head somewhat confused, but remained patient and waited for the embarrassed Oshawott to respond. A response that didn’t come. To break the awkward silence Todd decided to bring up another topic, hoping it would get a conversation going. “Why’d you come to Camp Terra? Do you like the mountains?”

Todd, once again, patiently waited for a response to come. Yet, this time it was Dee that broke the silence. Calling over from the bed she had made herself comfortable on. “Hey! What gives? Meowth got your tongue? Just tell him your name.”

“Dee!” Todd turned to face his friend, “Be nice, please?”

Dee took a final glance at the overly quiet Oshawott and laid down onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. With the snarky Sneasel taken care of Todd focused his attention on the quiet Oshawott in front of him. “Don’t worry about her. She’s really nice when you get to know her, promise!”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot..." James thought about what to do. Now it seemed like he was really shy, which he wasn't. He wished that someone, like Hazel, would fill Todd and Dee in. Wait a minute... James remembered the paper he was using to send messages to Hazel. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and wrote, "My name's James. I was born with a disfigured vocal box. I can't speak." He passed the paper down, blushing from embarrassment. He had to do this all over again.

Even though it was all still very confusing, Todd accepted the piece of paper and read the lines that the Oshawott had written down. He didn’t quite understand what was wrong with the Oshawott, but knowing the Pokémon wasn’t able to speak made everything a lot clearer nonetheless. “Do you mind if I tell Dee?”

“Tell me what?” Dee retorted, her curiosity sparked by the mentioning of her name. She nimbly got off the bed and walked up to join Todd and the Oshawott. “What’s going on?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
How was James supposed to tell Todd. He shrugged, and plopped down on his bed. He didn't really care if Dee knew that he couldn't speak, she could probably already tell. "Better to get that off my chest." He thought.

Chu then explained to what Dee was wanting to know: "James can't talk. He was born with a problem in his voice box. Also, sorry for rushing away from you guys like that. I was truly making sure everything was here."

With that, she looked in her bag to do what she had said was going to do. It seemed that everything was there as it is. She smiled before bringing back her full attention to the two newcomers. With her powerful hearing, Chu did hear their interaction when she had left the area, and she wasn't so sure if this Sneasel was going to be nice to her. All the while, she still wanted to be nice to her, just in case. She went up to the Sneasel and asked: "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Her ears cocked to one side in curiosity, with them going slightly backward in submission, as well. Her cheeks began to spark again, and the faint sparking and crackling of the electricity within her pouches can be heard, but just faintly. It was enough for this Sneasel to hear though.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James sighed. "Nice on, Chu..." He thought.

Deja looked at the time. It was lunch time. "Come on kids! Line up in the hallway! It's lunchtime!" Deja shouted that individually into each one of the rooms. Deja told Emma where the lunch room was, and then unlocked the door ready for kids to come out.

“Oh, oh! You don-“ Todd halted his sentence as he realized that asking the Oshawott for permission to tell Dee wasn’t all that smart. The Pokémon couldn’t speak so how was he going to respond to his question. Todd frowned and stared down at the piece of paper as he was trying to figure out what to say or do in this situation. He didn’t want to upset anyone.

“He doesn’t what?” Dee broke the awkward silence and was about to pull the piece of paper from Todd’s hands when she was interrupted by the Pichu speaking up about James’ condition. Dee’s interest shifted and momentarily forgot about the paper as she turned around to face the yellow mouse, her expressing neutral at best.

“Ah, right, eh-“ Dee stopped in the middle of her sentence and glanced back over her shoulder at Todd, remembering his request to be nice. “Thanks.”

“Anything you can do for me? No, I don’t think so?” Dee struggled to find a response as the unexpected friendliness of the Pichu confused her slightly. Luckily she was saved by one of the counselors requesting the kids should line up in the hallway.

"We should go. Come on Todd." Dee grabbed her buddy by his hand. Not giving him any time to even consider objecting as she pulled him along, out into the hallway.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Where are they going?" James thought, and then he realized that Deja announced that it was lunch, so he got into line in the hallway. He already made two good friends, he wanted to make friends with Todd. He liked Hazel's positive attitude. He also liked Hazel's ability to persevere, she never gave up because of her condition. Hazel made James think about his own problems, and how to deal with them. He stopped his complicated thoughts to think about lunch.

Chu jumped about with joy when she heard lunch was ready. She hurried off toward the line and stayed behind James and waited for Hazel to appear. She then saw ahead that the Absol wasn't there, so she was quite confused if he was okay or not. She just stretched and yawned, sitting down in line, while she waited for the lunches to be distributed. She peeked into their room before establishing her spot with her bottom though, seeing if Hazel was coming out.