• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Camp Terra {Discussion}

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
So I just got back from a school trip to the YMCA Camp Marston. It was an amazing experience, and I want to share my experiences with you all. In the form of a RP, of course! This is Camp Terra, a place where all school-pokemon come to learn about the environment, and grow. There are so many different things to do. There are classes you can take, trails to hike, and walls to climb. Everyone is allowed to come here, if they want to. This camp is located somewhat high up in the mountains, so bring a jacket! There won't be any snow, but it can get to the thirties at night.

RP Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/camp-terra.18189/
  • This is one of 'those' role-plays in which the world is inhabited by Pokemon, but not humans, so don't be one.
  • You may be one of the students visiting for the week, or a counselor to make all the Pokemon happy, and teach them about nature.
  • If you are a student, do what you would in real life, and follow what the instructors say.
  • 'Romance' is allowed, but come on guys. These are Pokemon in sixth grade, or under. No-one gets in a serious relationship at that age. Unless you are a counselor, than romance fits a bit more. Just don't go too graphic. Keep this safe for work.
  • Up to 3 characters per person. If you can handle it.
  • Follow all the rules of PokeCharms.
  • If you want to kind of figure out what the camp looks like, google 'Camp Marston'.
Feel free to change anything, as long as you keep the most important parts, such as 'Name', or 'Species'.

Species:
Age (Make this as if Pokemon lived as long as humans. Basically 11 and below, unless you are a counselor. {Remove this info part on your form.}):
Name:
Personality:
Role (Put whether you are a counselor or a student.):
Any Medical Conditions (Disabilities, pre-existing medical conditions, etc. If this was actually real, it would be on a form to send to the counselors.):
Other:
Species: Oshawott
Name: James
Appearance: About 8 inches taller. Not joking, James is just really small.
Personality: Shy, but friendly if you can be friendly to him.
Any Medical Conditions: James cannot talk, but he can listen very well.
Role: Student
Other: None.

Species: Raichu (Kanto Form, not Alola)
Name: Deja
Appearance: Wears a little purple jacket with the words "Camp T Staff" in big bold letters
Personality: Very outgoing, loves to answer questions.
Role: Counselor
Other: Teaches kids in the "Tranimals" class. (You'll find what that is in RP.

I hope you join me to have fun!

Last edited:
Species: Quilava
Name: Hazel
Appearance: Hazel has light hazel eyes, hence her name, and her flames glow a bit of a pinkish tint.
Personality: Nervous around people, but very friendly. Often stammers a lot and is very clumsy.
Any Medical Conditions: Quilava's right back leg was amputated when she was very young, and so she is in a wheelchair.
Other: She is in a wheelchair.
(Are the students not allowed to have medical conditions? And is James a counselor or student?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Species: Metang.
Name: Metang.
Appearance: Metang.
Personality: Very direct and objective. Takes a very literal approach to most dialogue.
Role: Counselor, logistics master.
Other: Metang.

*casually shoves some information*

Added some information and modified the bio a bit since there's quite a bit with my character and also since I am using him from how he was back from the events of the last 2 RPs he was in. I will also be having my Chimecho nurse character as one of the counselors for various reasons. (Now, that does NOT mean that people will be controlling it like some sort of voodoo doll since the Chimecho is NOT an NPC by all means.)

Name:
His name is Charles.
Species: Charmander / Lizard Pokémon
Age: His age is currently unknown due to memory loss, though it is estimated to be around one to eight years from his Nurse after a brief checkup conducted.
Height: 1'6.5" / 46.99 cm
Weight: 8.7 lbs / 3.95 kg
Appearance: Aside from being a normal Charmander, Charles has on a fine layering of white compression bandages lovingly wrapped around his left leg, right wrist, lower chest and the top area of his head due to a horrific incident that happened earlier in his life. He also has on sky blue mittens and socks along with a pioneer bonnet that has a slightly darker hue in its shading of blue.
Personality: Unfortunately, not much of Charles's personality is known since he can be happy and carefree for one moment and then stomping in a fit of rage at the next. He tends to be alone or at least with someone he trusts such as his Nurse and tends to stay silent if he can even contain his anger for one minute since he has a hard time communicating with others. He also seems to have some rather silly habits that he does especially when alone; a main one being that he likes to put his left hand into his mouth.
Role: He is a student.
Any Medical Conditions: PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Aphasia, Acid Reflux, Psychosis.
Other: His gear that he had from previous RPs and his earlier life were confiscated from his Nurse a day prior to the RP's events since she did not want him to hurt others, and more importantly: Himself. Everything is safely stored in a hidden location in an underground house of her's that is a bit far from the camp after teleporting everything in a secure manner.

Name:
Her name is Claire.
Species: Chimecho / Wind Chime Pokémon
Height: 2'0" / 60.96 cm
Weight: 2.1 lbs / 0.95 kg
Appearance: Claire is your normal, everyday Chimecho, nothing too special or too dramatic about her appearance. She does not wear any clothing or accessories since it would be either costly or almost impossible to tailor them to her body's shape.
Personality: Claire is soft and gentle towards others, especially towards the young. She attempts to gain her patients' trust as soon as possible and try to assist others in any way possible after managing to read their minds like an open book; or at least the younger ones since they are more prone to revealing thoughts right out in the open. She attempts to hide her stern side away from her patients since she can be a bit of an disciplinarian to those she despises.
Role: She is a counselor, to be more specific, she is one of the main nurses for the camp. (Or just a nurse simply if she is the only one.)
Any Medical Conditions: None that anyone knows of since she does seem normal to her patients and such.
Other: She has her own office with a unique sign and door that would be hard for someone to miss even if they were in an urgent rush. She is also Charles's caretaker since he does not have any parents or even guardians to care for him. (It is unknown if his parents are still alive or not since he never got to see his parents even as a neonate.)

Species: Pichu
Name: Chu
Appearance: Just a regular ol' Pichu, although she is slightly smaller than the average Pichu, being 8 inches instead of the average foot. She also weighs less, due to her height, and her cheeks are larger in comparison to an average Pichu's. She looks more delicate looking, but those cheeks pouches hurt more than an average Pichu's.
Personality: She is quite the mischievous type, and is not afraid of getting into trouble. She is not a stranger to potentially getting into a fight, and she is quite the crafty manipulator, using her looks and charm (the move, too) to affect people's decisions. She won't do any heinous acts or decisions, but she'd play a few pranks here and there, which either comes down to disrupting a class or hurting someone's reputation if it gets that bad. Although, she is quick to apologize and make up for it by community service if there ever was a problem, and never really means to hurt anyone from her pranks. Deep down, she is kind and caring, but only her friends will ever see this side to her, as well as getting picked on more by her pranks.
Any Medical Conditions: She suffers from insomnia, due to a random mishap when her nervous system was being developed. This also led her right arm to occasionally twitch. Sometimes, this is painful. She's also allergic to Leppa Berries, as in she gets extremely sick and will throw up constantly.
Other: Due to the larger size of her electrical pouches, her ability is Lightning Rod, as well as the Electric-Type attacks not hurting her or damaging her stamina when she uses it. She is quite fast and hits hard with her electric attacks, but her defenses are lacking and are quite frail. One hit from Pound would almost be enough to completely knock her out.
When she gets into fights, she usually runs away and taunts at them from afar, using the environment to her advantage. however she doesn't know how to use it as much as the character below.
She does enjoy a bit of parkour and her hobby is dancing. She would sing, but her squeaky, high-pitched voice makes it almost impossible to listen to in such a setting and would better suit her by making her more adorable than talented in the art of singing.

Species: Absol
Name: Sol
Appearance: Just a regular ol' Absol with the staff uniform tailored to his quadrupedal body, with the "T" for Terra on his chest and back. He's also taller than an average Absol, being 4'03" instead of the usual 3'11". Because of his difference in height, he also weighs a little more, especially when his body is quite ripped.
Personality: Very kind and nurturing for an Absol, and has quite an intimidating demeanor when a student doesn't act appropriately. He is also quite defensive of the students and the staff, and would do just about anything to keep everyone safe. He helps kids how to overcome their fears by putting them through obstacle courses, helping them train and fight their fears at the same time.
Any Medical Conditions: None as far as anyone knows, but he does suffer a bit from night terrors, due to his ability to see the horrible events happening in the future. Because of this, he's quite tired.
Other: His Ability is Super Luck and he could also see through someone lying, although won't outwardly say it until the right time to make a point or to make a joke out of the situation. Also, he's quite agile, moving at speeds that others wouldn't perceive, since he'd just be a blur to them. Although, he's quite fragile, he could still take a hit, but he'd just have to be careful.
He's quite resourceful, and it has what led him to make an obstacle course for training. Recently, he had to get over his fear of letting his students down and them getting into trouble by darker forces, so he trained in his own course, getting faster and stronger until he's as fast and strong as he is at the time of the RP. This made him feel better about himself, but his fear still persists, albeit it fuels his passion to protect more so than making him freeze up.
His hobbies consist of walking around the forest near the campgrounds and participating in song with his baritone voice. He also hates dancing and will either walk away or sleep it away and ignore everything that happens to him, mainly because his feet aren't that coordinated to dance, and he turns into a tomato when someone offers him to dance, especially when it's a female staff member, regardless if he has a crush on the Pokemon or not. He's just slightly bashful about his dancing.

I will reply to the roleplay, however, I'm not very sure as to how Hazel will deal with her amputated back leg. I do want her to have some kind of leg problem, as I love Quilava and Hazel reflects me a bit and I am in a wheelchair in real life...

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oh, sorry to hear that. Having her in a wheel chair should just be enough, the counselors would be trained in all the medical things, and would be able to help Hazel. Let's just assume the bus has a thing for wheelchairs.

Species: Ninetales (Kanto form)
Name: Emma
Appearance: A normal Kantonian Ninetales, apart from a black scarf. Looks very elegant.
Personality: Acts in an elegant matter, but really is friendly, sociable and kind to everybody. She isn't vain or liking to show off her elegance, she just likes to keep herself clean and to show her pride of being a Ninetales.
Any Medical Conditions: None.
Other: Nothing other.

(If I'm allowed another character. :D )

I might maybe have my characters at the camp already since it would be more fitting to have them already in the Nurse's Office. (Since Claire is caring for Charles and he wouldn't exactly be fitting in with the others as much as the counselors would like.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
It does not matter what gender you are roleplaying, as long as you make sure to include the character form. Without that, we cannot tell who you are. You can start roleplaying as soon as you provide that sheet.

Species: Riolu
Appearance: has a bite mark on his left ear
Personality: loves everything and is really ambitious about his choices he loves his camp and his counclers and his friends.
Role: student
No medical conditions
Other: he wants to be brighter than the sun

I'll be updating the status of my character's conditions and such since that does tend to fluctuate and it's meant to be a relative gauge of how they're doing. I'll try to reply as soon as possible since being in a wheelchair with the iv and the fancy machinery ain't fun.

Species: Zorua
Name: Shade
Appearance: A normal Zorua
Personality: She is quite kind, but wouldn't mind pranking someone.
Role (Put whether you are a counselor or a student.): Student
Any Medical Conditions:NA
Other:

Species: Houndoom
Name: Darkus
Appearance: A normal Houndoom
Personality: Very protective, but shows little emotion. Darkus wouldn't think twice about hurting someone to protect others.
Role (Put whether you are a counselor or a student.): Counselor
Any Medical Conditions (Disabilities, pre-existing medical conditions, etc. If this was actually real, it would be on a form to send to the counselors.): NA
Other: He stands as the Night Warden who watches the camp.

Species: Meowstic
Name: Nyaonix
Appearance: Psychic Gem Necklace
Personality: Nice, A bit Sassy, Likes Pranks
Role (Put whether you are a counselor or a student.): Student
Any Medical Conditions (Disabilities, pre-existing medical conditions, etc. If this was actually real, it would be on a form to send to the counselors.): None
Other:
Moves
Magical Leaf
Confusion
Shock Wave
Shadow Ball