• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Camp Showdown Season 1 - RP

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Welcome all to Camp Showdown, a reality tv show where contestants will battle through challenges to win a cash prize of 1 million dollars (Not real money of course.). At the end of each challenge a winner will be decided and that person will win immunity saving them from elimination. Than after a break the contestants will vote to send home one of their fellow competitors. This process will repeat until only two remain where they will rp on one final challenged determining their fate.

Sign up link - https://pokecharms.com/threads/camp-showdown-season-1-discussion.22699/#post-867613 (Valid until first challenge.)

A small boat rowed slowly over the water. On board were 9 people. 5 contestants, a host, a chef and 2 interns for the grunt work. They were on their way to a small island situated in the middle of the pacific.

As Jessica stayed in her luxury suite aboard the boat the other's all had crummy rooms to stay in with little privacy and slop for food. These contestants had been riding along the water for bout a week now and finally it was the day that the Island was seen across the water. The island were they would stay until the game was over.

As the stopped on a small jetty Jessica the host instructed the contestants to get their things and climb out of the boat.
"Right maggots!" She shouted to the group. "The first challenge hasn't quite been set up yet so head over to your dorms and unpack first. Then you can have a bit of time before the first challenge to converse with your fellow contestants." And with that Jessica walked away down a path to her luxury hotel.

The dorms however were crummy holes in the ground infested with insects and rats and moulds. The cafeteria was falling apart and the kitchen no better. The toilets were clean but small and without privacy. And the confessional booth was a tiny room that looked like it was built in 30 minutes.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Marcial awoke once they made it to the camp. He saw Jessica and grinned.
"Hi! I'm-" before he could go on, she barked at everyone, causing him to stand straight.
Maggots?
Once she spoke, she was gone, and Marcial was left confused. Still, might as well get ready he thought as he slung his backpack over his shoulder, and looked around.
"This is gonna be...interesting." he said to no one in particular.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Acerona sat in the boat with her arms and legs crossed, a darkly distrustful gaze sweeping everyone in it. She’d been on the boat for nearly a week, and had relaxed about a negative half-millimeter since the island came into view. As soon as the boat kicked against the shore, she was out and glaring at everyone else.

Ace rolled her eyes at the “maggots” comment. Typical. Another jerk. Not a surprise, though. Her gaze grew from unyielding to disgusted as she surveyed the “dorms.” Dorms was a strong word; more like bug-crawling, germ-infested, pits of doom. They didn’t even have a roof, for crying out loud. Even a tree would be preferable to this crap. Yech. Nasty. She heaved a reluctant sigh before drawing her knife and throwing it in the general direction of a hole in the ground, claiming it as her own. With that out of the way, she retreated away from the other contestants and pulled her flute from a different pocket, exercising her cramped fingers with a simple, slow tune.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kaito had found the journey not entirely pleasant and the host was equally distasteful, maggots! who did she think she was. He sighed and turned to the 'dorms', they were, well they were quite horrible to be honest. Kaito didn't think he had ever seen anything so disgusting before, he picked one out and tried to shoo away some of the insects to no luck, "well this will have to do" he muttered before leaving his stuff and returning to attempt to socialize. He walked over to a girl with a flute out "hello there, my name is Kaito, it's a pleasure to meet you" he said with a smile and an outstretched hand.
@Night's Shadow

Daisy had never been on a boat before, it was fun. She wasn't bothered by the maggots comment, she had been called worse. She looked around at the dorms and shrugged, yeah they were disgusting but that was almost to be expected of these things, they were supposed to make you uncomfortable so you would struggle with the challenges more. She quickly chose a 'room' and then made her way to a nearby tree and lent against it with her arms crossed.

Grace was excited, so excited that she didn't even hear the woman call her a maggot, she practically leapt from the boat and made her way to the dorms, she looked them over once and shrugged "could be worse" she said in her usual jolly tone. After she picked one she made her way over to a guy nearby and waved, "hello, my name is Grace, I'm so excited for this, are you, what do you think the first challenge will be, did you like the boat ride, the dorms are a little dirty aren't they" she said not really filtering the stuff coming out of her mouth as it happened.
@Gamingfan

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
When a boy approached Ace and introduced himself, she played a quick little trill on the flute before breaking off the tune. She accepted the handshake cautiously, half-expecting him to pull her into a knife. No one would do that, it’s broad daylight. Her mistrust faltered a minuscule amount before coming back full force. Still.

“Ace,” she said shortly by means of introduction. “I suppose it’s good to meet the competition.” Her gaze shifted to the hole in the ground that she’d be calling home until she went home, and she made a face before her emotionless mask came back up. “What a sorry excuse for living conditions. Disgusting.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Marcial turned to the girl letting out a barrage of words. Taking a moment to process the questions thrown at him, he spoke equally fast, grinning.
" Quite the talker eh? My name is Marcial and yes I'm excited, I don't know, I quite liked it, and if by dirty you mean tetanus-palooza, yes."
Speaking of which, he had to decide on which "dorm" he was gonna take. He simply chose one at random, tossing his backpack in it. He made a face as a few rats scampered out of the hole.
"Beautiful. I feel so at home."

Hunter looked at the hole where he was supposed to sleep. Not only was it infested with rats and insects, it didn't even have a roof. He chose one randomly, since they didn't really differ except for the places they were in. He threw his bag into the hole, and walked over to a nearby tree, where he sat down and leaned his back against it. "Living in rat-infested holes, that's not exactly the dream home for a regular person," he said to himself.

Charlotte stepped off the boat, after she had listened to the impolite woman calling them "maggots." She didn't really take any offense from it, so Charlotte simply ignored it and walked over to the "dorms." Was she really supposed to stay in there, a hole in the ground, infested with insects, rats and who knows what else? Looking disgusted, she tried to see if there was any hole that had some form of cover over it, but no. She decided just to throw her bag pick the dorm that was closest to where her bag landed. She didn't throw it very far, and it landed close to a hole that was a little farther away from the other holes, but still close enough. She dropped her bag into the hole. "Great, what a nice, comfortable home."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kaito upon noticing that Ace seemed on edge opted to walk away and take a seat on a overturned tree and decided to look around before stretching out and laying down on the log. He couldn't believe his luck, of all the things his father could have picked for a publicity boost, it was good that he picked this. He sighed constantly to himself and decided to close his eyes for a bit and rest.

Daisy smiled "they may be disgusting but they're better than nothing and they grant us a little privacy" she said in her bubbly tone as she stood near Marcial. "So Marcial what made you decide to put yourself through this hell, I decided to come on because me and my friends love fame show and that sort of thing so we thought what the heck and drew straws to find out who would come, I drew the short straw" she said as she hopped from one foot to the other happily.
@Gamingfan

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Jessica spent the time while her contestants were looking at their new dorms setting up the first challenge. Nothing to complex really, just a few easel’s and art supplies with some paper for writing.

Jessica called out to the contestants to follow her through the forest toward a clearing. Once they arrived she began to explain the challenge.

“For the first challenge each of you will draw your very own landscape picture. You can add as much detail as you’d like but the more detail you draw it in means the more chance you’ll miss something in stage 2, speaking of, stage 2 will be a written description of your drawing where you will be judged on how much description you add.”

“However, if you miss anything in the picture, you will automatically fail the challenge so add as much as you dare. And remember, whoever does the best will be immune from elimination and will automatically reserve a spot in the final 6. Now BEGIN!”