• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Bye Bye KidsWB, Hello Cartoon Network!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This has been long coming, but its been officialized now that Pokemon will be saying goodbye to WB and moving to CN. The 9th season dub, which hits this fall, will be called Pokemon: Battle Frontier and include 52 episodes.

I really don't care either way because I only get WB on the dish and generally watch Pokemon on YTV. As long as this move doesn't effect YTV's airing of the show it's all good :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The brief article I read on this didn't mention either, but I'm sure that info'll be popping up on Cartoon Network's website (they do have one I'd assume?) sooner or later.

[quote author=QuagsireQing]Expect something like Pokémon: Advanced Frontier for the next season then, eh?[/quote]

[quote author=Doctor Oak]Advanced Frontier? I'd put money on it. ^^[/quote]

How much money did you bet, now? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Lol.

Technically you missed the Battle bit ;).

Though they probably shouldn't have kept the Battle bit - considering we're just finishing a Pokemon Advanced Battle season >_>...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And you thought they'd never drop the "Advanced" bit ;)

To be fair, though, if 4Kids was still dubbing the show they probably would've stuck with that theme. Just one of many changes we're sure to see this season and in the future.

*Can't help but think of "Bye Bye Butterfree" when reading the topic title* It actually does fit ;)

EDIT: Okay... Starting to be less positive about seeing 9th season on YTV now. Seems they've screwed the current air times in the @$$. According to YTV's website they've cut its Saturday lunchtime time-slot, leaving it solely with the weekday 5am time... of which the episodes aren't even new =/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, the change has/is happening, although last I heard the recasting for VAs is still going on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, Pokemon is no longer dubbed by 4Kids.

Hopefully cartoonnetwork does a good job on dubbing it and are able to match up their voices right. If you mean effect has in cancellation then I think Ytv will still air Pokemon for two reasons one if they don't they're going to loose a big audience and two Ytv get their bionix anime shows from cartoonnetwork so I'm sure they can do the same for Pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You've read my post a few up, I assume? I'd be more positive about YTV picking up the 9th season if they actually FINISHED the 8th first. But will they now that they've cut its Sat. noon timeslot? The fact that it wasn't even into reruns yet makes me wonder why they did what they did. They axed it during the best of the Hoenn episodes (the League) ... and for what? Was the show's ratings going down? Was it because of the move to CN or change in dubbers? Do they just not have access to anymore newer episodes at this point? What they placed in its slot is stupid, too, since that show (Beyblade I think it was) IS into reruns.

Give me a reason to have faith in YTV, because at the moment I see myself downloading all of next season. As much as I'd like to be getting up at 6am to see the new episodes, or setting my VCR every day... No thanks.