• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

BW2 Team Help

I checked out the Black/White 2's new info on Serebii, specifically the World Tournament and Battle Subway, and thought, "Wow, this is sorta like competitive battling only without all the weather and unoriginal teams". As such, I've actually decided to put some effort into building and raising a team that'll do well in those fields. I've come up with a Game Team and a Main Team but need help building them cuz I is derpface. Only have Pokemon so far; barely any moves to speak of.

Game Team: Samurott, Arcanine, Crustle, Crobat, Jolteon, Zoroark

Main Team: Feraligatr, Crobat, Donphan, Jolteon, Gardevoir, Arcanine

Others: Snorlax, Machamp, Venusaur, Gengar, Staraptor, Dewgong, Liepard, Electivire, Braviary, Scrafty, Haxdragon, Weavile, Gliscor, Porygon2, Gallade.

Any other suggestions as to Pokemon or, really, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Hey there :)

First of all, you really need to post at least sample move sets for your Pokémon - as it says in Le Rules:
7. Finally, don't just post a team of 6 Pokemon and expect us to make all your movesets from scratch - at least go as far as to suggest your own ideas for movesets, as well as making sure we know exactly what you want each Pokemon to do for you.
Right now, I have no idea what you'd be planning to do with the team - there are as many strategies in competitive/Battle Subway environments as there are Pokémon suited to it, and the style that will work for you might not be what I'd recommend. Before anyone can help you with your team, you'll need to look over The Rules and the Basics to Competitive Team Making sticky - once you do that, have a dig around and see what you'd choose, move wise, and then we'll be able to advise you further. :)

Right, right, my fault DX That's what I get for posting at 2 in the morning....

Feraligatr @ Muscle Band | Samurott @ Shell Bell
Adamant Nature | Mild Nature
Torrent | Torrent
104HP/252Atk/152Spd | 180HP/136Atk/192Sp.Atk

- Waterfall | - Aqua Jet
- Crunch | - Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance | - Surf/Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet | - Megahorn

Crobat @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
Inner Focus
196HP/60Atk/252Spd

- Acrobatics
- Toxic
- U-Turn
- Taunt

Donphan @ Leftovers | Crustle @ Leftovers
Impish Nature | Adamant Nature
Sturdy | Sturdy
196HP/188Atk/124Def | 120HP/@52Atk/136Def

- Earthquake | - Rock Blast
- Stone Edge | - X-Scissor
- Ice Shard | - Earthquake
- Rapid Spin | - Shell Smash (I guess...?)

Jolteon @ Shell Bell
Timid Nature
Volt Absorb
4HP/252Sp.Atk/252Spd

- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Shadow Ball

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Lonely Nature
Intimidate
20HP/152Atk/84Sp.Atk/252Spd

- Flare Drive/Wild Charge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower
- Reversal/Close Combat

Gardevoir @ Leftovers | Zoroark @ Wise Glasses
Calm Nature | Lonely Nature
Trace | Illusion
208HP/176Sp.Atk/104Sp.Def/20Spd | 20HP/84Atk/152Sp.Atk/252Spd

- Psycho Shock | - Night Burst
- Thunderbolt | - Flamethrower
- Calm Mind | - Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp | - Nasty Plot

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Forgot this was here:

- Feraligatr is superior to Samurott overall. He won't need both Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance on his set, plus with Waterfall already there you hurt your type coverage. I'd consider Ice Punch/Dragon Claw and Earthquake/Superpower as coverage moves for Feraligatr, Crunch doesn't really offer a lot in terms of offensive coverage that Waterfall can't deal with itself.

- Crobat is fine.

- Donphan is the superior pick over Crustle since Crustle isn't a particularly good Shell Smash user anyway. Donphan's access to Rapid Spin and Ice Shard are much more valuable, especially when Crustle's job would already be done by Feraligatr here.

- Shell Bell is a horrible item that should never be used. Either pick Life Orb or Leftovers here. The coverage offered by Shadow Ball is negligible and you'd probably be better off running Substitute/Baton Pass over Shadow Ball and Volt Switch to provide support for your team-mates on top of damage.

- Flare Blitz/ExtremeSpeed/Wild Charge/Close Combat is the best set for Arcanine overall. Drop Leftovers for Life Orb, since Leftovers recovery won't make a difference when your defenses are being dropped by Close Combat and Flare Blitz is inflicting recoil damage to you. You also won't need Sp.Attack EVs for this.

- I honestly don't like Gardevoir or Zoroark, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Zoroark just for Sucker Punch. Also Dark Pulse > Night Burst due to the 100% accuracy on Pulse and the flinch chance.

All sweepers need speed-boosting natures - this includes Zoroark, Feraligatr and to a lesser extent Arcanine. Speed is the most important stat for sweepers, and you need yours to be as high as possible. Also, make sure you look out for the new moves and formes arriving with B2/W2 since they will make quite a big difference to the game.

KoL did most of the coverage, but one thing I'd like to point out is that you have a general lack of bulky Pokémon, especially if you opt to go for Zoroark over Gardevoir (who has some good Sp.Def). Hyper offense is a viable style of play, but it does require some really hard-hitting stuff and general good synergy. You also have no form of recovery whatsoever on your team, which is not advisable, as well as no entry hazards (which really do wonders in competitive Pokémon). I would swap Stone Edge for Stealth Rock on Donphan, and possibly go for a bulkier EV spread. I would also try to get a Specially defensive Wish passer (those criterion are just screaming Blissey :D (Especially with gen V's Wish mechanics))in the last slot, for some recovery for the team. These are just my thoughts :)

Still choosing between Gardevoir and Zoroark. Garde could work as a Wish passer, I guess and I like it more than Blissey (seen too many of those annoying little !!#$@T%#s to every want to use one. Them and their stupid pre-evolution with Eviolite.). Probably gonna go with Gardevoir since Hyper-offense isn't really my style.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Hyper-offense is actually quite common this generation due to the number of offensive options available as well as the power of those options. It's not uncommon nowadays to see teams with only one Pokemon taking a defensive role (usually Ferrothorn or Tentacruel for utility) while everyone else runs offense to overpower enemy teams.

Just goes to show that choosing hyper-offense this generation isn't actually too bad an idea - if you do it right.

I know, the standard metagame is really offensively oriented anyway, but the thing is that style usually has some real hard hitters (Terrakion, Haxorus, Latios etc), and I didn't really think the guys on this team fall in that category, that's why I pointed that out.