• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Buying English D/P at launch, waiting a bit, or not getting them at all?

When do you plan to buy Diamond and/or Pearl?

• Release day (Or as close as possible)

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Not right away, but someday

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buying one at launch, the other later

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
I'm going to reserve Pearl friday. Yay. It'll be for my birthday, how lucky is that, a game I've wanted for forever coming out 15 days before my birthday?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Is that really a meaningful question? >>

Not everyone here has pre-ordered, but the people who have won't need to rush... because they pre-ordered. As QQ said earlier, there's really not a lot of reason not to pre-order if you plan to pick the games up launch day. It's just a bit of extra security knowing that you'll get a copy on time.

Teh good thing about the release date for Poke'mon is that its around the same time I finnally get some money, so im just going to wait untill then, and hopefully I'll be able to get one before they get sold out Dx

and as for preordering, psssh preordering is for smart people :p I like to take my chances and see if the game owners have what im looking for or not.

Ive preordered my version of Pearl from America now... Aparently it will be in the UK for me within 2 weeks

The craziest thing about my order is... its working out cheaper than if I waited for it in the UK!!!!

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Pokemon Pearl with Bonus! 1 $34.99

Subtotal : $34.99
Tax : $0.00
Handling : $15.99
Grand Total : $50.98

Even with a horrible exchange rate I will be paying less than £30 for the game... Thats the minimum id expect to have to pay out over here... and im getting it about 6 months early!!!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The exchange rate is good. When we're buying stuff in America anyway. When we're getting money FROM America it sucks, but that isn't the case there. :p

I'll be ordering mine on the 20th, a two week wait wont bother me especially - I've had my "ZOMGZNEW" experience from the games already, now i'm just looking forward to getting to play it properly, which is something that wont hurt me to wait a fortnight for.

I can't wait to get through the game and get ready for some online stuff though - even better that the Team Galactic plot that makes up the game is guaranteed to be amazingly enjoyable.