• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Buying English D/P at launch, waiting a bit, or not getting them at all?

When do you plan to buy Diamond and/or Pearl?

• Release day (Or as close as possible)

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Not right away, but someday

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buying one at launch, the other later

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm wondering how many of you guys there will be from the get-go to trade/battle with. Personally, I'd think you're crazy if you didn't plan to get at least one right away, but some people are like that... That or they're broke, or very hateful towards the games/translations (or live in Israhell) :p

This topic isn't really fair to non-NA residents, but there's always importing ^^

Anyways, the only way I wouldn't have one of them launch day is if EBGames ran out of copies - I've already pre-ordered Diamond. Pearl I do plan to buy, but I'm waiting a bit until I have some extra cash together (and actually need it for restart/trading purposes).

I know the US has a pre-order deal going, and I can only hope Canada ends up with one as well... Not holding my breath for it, tho =/

I would like to say "Oh whenever, I don't care," but I'm not ^_^"

"AS CLOSE TO RELEASE AS POSSIBLE!!!!" XD

Me and MarineMilotic were kidding around, saying how we would camp out the night previous infront of ebgames or walmart (lol that's the good thing, eb games is right across from Walmart T_~ hehehahahaha)

Nemesis

Former Administrator
The only problem with importing is that we don't know if a US DP would work with an EU Wii and Battle Rev. I might get one of each (one EU one US) any way.

C

crump jr.

d/p is coming out in the us on april 22 you seei was sitin down on my big lazy butt one day and decided to turn on tv and it so happened that the comercial for d/p was on so i sat up on my not so lazy butt and BAM thats how i found out about the realese date...oh yeah it said order now and i get a free little d/p stylus ;D

To Linkachu: We will have a pre-order incentive in Canada, but not the same one that's running in the States. If you pre-order BOTH (has to be both), you'll get a Dialga/Palkia zippered DS Lite case.

I'm totally buying both on release day...but not both for me. Diamond is for my sister for her birthday, so I'll be using that to get a bunch of Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup straight away for everyone I know.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
To Linkachu: We will have a pre-order incentive in Canada, but not the same one that's running in the States. If you pre-order BOTH (has to be both), you'll get a Dialga/Palkia zippered DS Lite case.

O__O

... I ... may have to rethink a few things now =O

Has this deal been officially announced yet? My EB didn't mention anything about it =/

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The only problem with importing is that we don't know if a US DP would work with an EU Wii and Battle Rev. I might get one of each (one EU one US) any way.

To add to that, we can't even be sure that European GBA games will work with US D/P...

I'd say we're safe enough but if there ARE any problems, I'll be fine enough trading in my American Diamond for a European one.

I am most definitely getting Pearl as soon as I can...I'm also planning on threatening as many Fry's employees at spork-point as I need to to make them cough one up.

If something weird happens, and they only have Diamond, I think I'll still get it, then get Pearl later. But since I already have Diamond, that would be kinda weird. ^_^;;

I plan to import an american copy of pearl in the near future. I will then trade across some of my stronger Japanese pokémon to the game.
I'll preorder a UK version of Diamond as soon as I can.

Hopefully UK gen3 games will have the ability to trade with US versions of the game. We all know you can't do pal park with english games, however GBA dependant swarms (shuckle, seviper etc) do work with the japanese games which is good.
Luckily for me I have a US copy of emerald so if my UK copies of Ruby and Sapphire dont communicate I can always use emerald to transfer them up =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am most definately getting an American copy right away!!! I can't wait for it, and I am getting Pearl (I have a Japanese Diamond, so another one would be pointless). I pre-ordered, and I got that cool little Palkia stylus!

maybe someone can answer this here: in 1st/2nd/3rd gen, there was a 3rd game that is better. will they do this with diamond/pearl? that would suck...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
maybe someone can answer this here: in 1st/2nd/3rd gen, there was a 3rd game that is better. will they do this with diamond/pearl? that would suck...

I'd say that's a given, yes. And yeah, it does kinda suck since the 3rd one is usually better, but who can put off playing the games until it's released? Hopefully whatever they add and change in the 3rd game this time will be different enough to warrant owning it after already playing through D/P (and hopefully D/P will still have some exclusive content that the 3rd game won't, so it'll be worth hanging onto them as well).

R

Ryan Stone Poke Master

I've pre ordered both. I am going to be at my EB games to pick them up when it opens at 11 AM

R

Ryan Stone Poke Master

Whatever it takes. I wish they came out on the 21 though. Then we could have two days to play. But the 22nd means Sunday then school....

I was gonna buy Mystery Dungeon Blue @ GameStop in about a week, but the hype's getting to me. I'll pre-order DIamond, and then get Pearl and/or MDB when I gratuate this year (I get to get something when I graduate. ^_^).

I was gonna buy Mystery Dungeon Blue @ GameStop in about a week, but the hype's getting to me. I'll pre-order DIamond, and then get Pearl and/or MDB when I gratuate this year (I get to get something when I graduate. ^_^).
i suggest getting pearl MDB was easy/pointless. i thought it looked great, bought it, and was SO disapointed! :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the deed is done. Today I pre-ordered Pearl as well just so I could qualify for EB Canada's pre-order deal. That DP case is mine ^__^

Wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't mentioned it, so thanks for the tip, QQ :)

Meh. I'm both too lazy to pre-order Pearl, and I don't think the Palkia stylus is all that great...I like my normal pink styli, actually. I like how they fit into my pink DS Lite. ^_^ So no pre-order for me...I'll just have to beat off all the 8-year-olds the day of. >_

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd want the stylus' just to have really. I'd probably never use them, but I'm a merch-whore. Just sticking them on display somewhere and being able to say I have 'em would satisfy me ^^

I could care less about a pre-order deal, but I pre-order EVERYTHING. Whether I think it'll be snatched up quickly on the first day or not, I like having my payment done in advance, and it's not like there are any negatives.

*doesn't understand people who don't pre-order*

D

DarkLuxray

Ima buy it the day it comes out, and i pre-ordered it in EB Games, so im gonna get the free stylus!

My mom orederd Diamond at gamestop because it comes with a free Dialga stylus Topper.  :D  but I have to wait until it is realeased in the Us >:(.

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[size=10pt][/size] ;D I preordered Diamond and My sister Preordered Pearl
So im getting it on the day it comes out

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
im gna buy one and den c how GOOD it is and den buy the other one but we all know that there gna b AWESOME

I gave you a warning about your English language abuse not 15 minutes ago. Keep it up if you want to stay on the fast track too the Realm of N00bs.

Well I wasn't sure if I was gonna buy Pokemon diamond/Pearl or not, but luckily after playing the demo I got hooked. Then again I've yet to buy FFIII like I keep saying I'm going to. Pokemon Diamond is definitely gonna be mine the day it comes out even if it means trampling on little kids. and I'll be happy to battle fellow gamers on Wi-Fi, that is if I can get everything setup right lol. Sadly I no longer know much about Pokemon so I'll most likely lose, but I do feel diamond and pearl are a breath of fresh air to the dull repetitive series. In fact I almost feel as if I'm playing r/b/g/s again, from the 10 minutes of the demo I played. So Launch day I'll have one or maybe both.