• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open BTU Sign-Ups

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Thank you, by the way it's amazing how much you can write! I wish I can write as much as half of what you write.

Yeah it's still the same day. I will move the days along and introduce NPCs using my posts. Right now everyone is just getting settled, meeting their roommates etc

Thanks Scorch, I've been doing this a while. The length doesn't matter as long as the post is well thought out.

I appreciate your attentiveness to the role-play Orion, thanks so much!

I read through some of your chapters about Blake Star's Journey. It's an excellent piece of writing. Great work Blake!

You sure could use a water-type right now Orion and Scorch!

One of you should add the story element of the fire alarm and the roof sprinklers going off! That would make a nice continuation into getting everyone tired and back to their rooms for the next day.

Hey, Orion, I had a question about battling. Will you limit us to four moves like the games or allow us to use the full moveset of the Pokemon to a certain level?

Barreling will be done like in the anime. So your Pokémon can interact with the environment as well as using moves exceeding the limits of the games. It is worth mentioning however that while I don't require you to limit what move you use. You're supposed to leave yourself room to grow as a trainer. So try and keep away from the fireblasts and Draco meteors... for now ;)

I've been seeing a few comments about this in game so here's some more info

{BTU Student Handbook}

All students at BTU are required to have exactly three Pokémon on their person all times. You may switch your Pokémon at any time excluding within seven days of a ranking event. Switching Pokémon within this period may result in a harsh decrease of a student's standing class rank.

Thanks for the clear up Orion! I'm probably just going to stick with the moves that are given to each Pokemon under the first evolution.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@Orion778 What do you mean by standing rank? And if you making this "BTU Student Handbook" a file or something I sure would love to download it. This RP is very interesting.

No. Just when I see people seeming confused about things I'll make a "handbook" post here. If I can find the time today maybe I'll start writing an actual BTU handbook.

I believe that he is using a ranking system for the school, probably similar to Pokken Tournament if you've ever played that.

Anybody watch VGHs on YouTube. It's a ranking system like that. There will be periodic tournaments to determine who the most skilled trainers in the grade level are

I looked at the schedule just now and the break between the 1st and 2nd class is 30 minutes while the free period is also 30 minutes. Is this intentional?

8:00-9:00 Regional Studies: Professor Larch
Academic Hall Room 1123
9:30-10:30 Double Battles: Professor Sakura
Academic Hall Roof
10:30-12:00 Free period

12:30-1:30 Single Battles: Professor Beech
Convention Building A
2:00-3:45 Endurance Training: Professor Holly
Safari Zone

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I believe that everyone that is active on the role-play is ready to begin.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I just read your post, god I wonder how you can come up with so many details. I know you've been here for over a year but damn!

I used the same details from Orion's post but put them into my own words. Its always a good idea to react to the environment. I also add quite a bit of action and quirks into my character so I have more to write about.

Please try and ask OOC questions here in the discussion. I would say Pokémon between level 10-15. But in truth it doesn't matter that much

Shieldon Moveset- Tackle, Protect, Taunt, Metal Sound, Take Down, Smack Down, and Iron Defense
Ability: Soundproof
Moveset Lvl- 1-19

Growlithe Moveset- Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer, Odor Sleuth, Helping Hand, Flame Wheel, Reversal
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset Lvl- 1-19

Last edited: