• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Breeding Wish on to Eevee

Ok folks I need to know how to breed Wish on to a cute little Eevee, it's been driving me insane for days now. Garex suggested asking Raichu since she's a breeding expert so umm heh heh Rai chu any ideas? XD If nobody knows the answer I may have to walk to japan which is gonna be hard since I lack the walking on water ability.

I don't think Smeargle counts... =b

I'm pretty sure that Pikachu learns Wish by breeding with Togetic, and then you can breed the Pikachu with Wish with an Eevee. Serebii doesn't mention Wish on Pikachu though, but it's not like you can trust them anyway...

If that doesn't work, the only explanation I can think of is that an Eevee with Wish was available on the Japanese Pokemon Box, but I doubt it... =/

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Serebii isn't the only place that says that Wish isn't breedable onto a Pikachu though.

Smeargle looks like the only way.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Serebii is wrong. Pichu can learn Wish :p
Yoshi's still right, though. Smeargle is the easiest route to get the move on Eevee.

Anyways, if you want a really good guide for breeding check out Pokemon Forever's: http://pokefor.greenchu.de/zukan/gba/pokemon/

It tells you all the eggs moves AND who to learn it best from. Blows Serebii out of the water ;)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Woah :shock:! Thanks for that. I've been to Pokemon Forever tons of times and looked at that Pokedex before, but I didn't realise there was that much info lurking in the various pages of it!

The stats at multiple different levels is helpful too - before that I'd only ever seen tables of stats at level 100 (which is a bit late to work out if your pkmn is worth training the way you're trying to or not!).

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
OK, I am now confused, and I think resurrecting this old topic may be the best way to go about unconfusing me.

So according to Pokemon Forever, it is possible to breed Wish onto Eevee in three ways (excluding the Smeargle, which I will exclude because I don't have one):
Togetic --> Pichu --> Eevee
Togetic --> Skitty --> Eevee
Illumise --> Spinda --> Eevee

But I don't get how the last one would work. If I understand it correctly, Egg Moves are only learned if it is the father who knows the move? But Illumise is 100% female.

So does something special happen that lets Illumise pass on an Egg Move? Or is my understanding wrong? Or is (shock, horror) PokeFor wrong? :shock: