• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Boryia Tales, Heritage of the Bracia's Throne

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Sorry, but I don't think its as simple as choosing.
First its not up to Crystal, but up to character of what their element is, and later they can use crystals of this element and Elements character can use are usually decided by the fact that it is said that one of the six deities give a certain character a blessing.
(Look spoiler Magic and Elements)

But I understand that you wouldn't realize and that it is really hard so... You can leave this empty for now, I will accept and you may add it later. Is that okay with you?
Fair enough.

Just curious what element do you think best represents Aloysius Reading his bio?

I’m starting to think Chaos would suit him.

Age: 18 (one week away from 19. If it's okay with you, i'd like to bump his age up a bit by a couple of years).
Now I just noticed this... Yeah, okay
You can raise his age up Garchomp-san, no problem at all ^^

Also, I think either Order or Chaos would suit him, but honestly we have 2 Chaos characters and 0 Order ones. I don't force you to anything, if you want then pick Chaos. Just saying that there is no one with Order yet.

Also Also morning everyone :)

Last edited:
I was wondering about the noble families a bit( the Montiante family specifically). I know you gave some background to them and I'm not sure if we were supposed to fill it in like some of the others did. Like you said that the Montiante were the richest family out of the 4, but why? Do they have access to a rare resource that they can sell?

Helios.

Now I just noticed this... Yeah, okay
You can raise his age up Garchomp-san, no problem at all ^^

Also, I think either Order or Chaos would suit him, but honestly we have 2 Chaos characters and 0 Order ones. I don't force you to anything, if you want then pick Chaos. Just saying that there is no one with Order yet.

Thank you!

Yeah I noticed that too. I also noticed that there are an awful lot of Earth and Air people. I was expecting more people to go for Water to be honest.

I will change Aloysius's element to Order for now. Maybe we can say the strict discipline of his father changed him a bit. Maybe its a reference to the 'new Order' he wants to create.

More like not that they have rare resources, but their resources are 40% of everything that is mined in this country.

Now seriously, imagine second biggest city after capital (Montiante's city) and imagine that not so far away are mines and other.

What about actual Mountain ranges? Where are they? The family is called Montiante after all!

Edit the post with the wanted age and with Order element and I will accept. ^^

Man you give me lots of work :D
See this map below, I draw with a blue where the mountain passage is (It goes even further through neighbors territory, but Montiante (and Bracia) control the biggest part of it)
IMG_20200715_120943.jpg

Helios.

Edit the post with the wanted age and with Order element and I will accept. ^^

Man you give me lots of work :D
See this map below, I draw with a blue where the mountain passage is (It goes even further through neighbors territory, but Montiante (and Bracia) control the biggest part of it)
View attachment 831209
Ah, I see, so it DOES go through Montiante territory. See, my other character's backstory as you may have read, Clay Coalmoore, had mines under a mountain involved, certainly with what happened to his father, so this confirms that it is accurate enough! Thanks for this!

Name: Ocarina Ocelota Tigroran
Nickname: Akashic wraith
Sexuality: bisexual
Heir or Retainer: retainer
Noble Family: Tigrorian
Appearance: 5'1, Ocarina has lithe and skinny build. She wears thick and oversized robe because she's prone to cold temperature. Poses grey eyes and pale blonde hair, which she never cut so it's now a whooping three meters, usually the hair is wrapped around her body beneath the robe as extra padding.
Personality: A melancholic and cheerful girl with unsatiated wanderlust. Also a hopeless romantic. Prone to existensial crisis and she wants to carve her name in history before she dies.
Element: order
Backstory: Ocarina comes from a small branch of Tigrorian that is entrusted with handling the grand library. She's born sickly but tries hard to gradually improve her health over the years. Her insisting to go to the king's funeral was a shocking news to the family.
Other: secretly joined a cult that worships chaos.

Name: Bronya Vidovya
Nickname: none
Sexuality: heterosexual
Heir or Retainer: retainer of a retainer
Noble Family: none
Appearance: 5'9, Bronya poses long black hair braided into a ponytail and black eyes. She wears a rather plain maid uniform, carries two sheathed swords on her left hips and is oftenly seen with a picture book on her hand.
Personality: no-nonsense, loyal and easily embarassed. Oftenly she would let her presence fade away into the background.
Element: water.
Backstory: someone that Ocarina picked up from the street, quite literally. Since Ocarina was lonely without people to keep her company inside the library, she recruited her as her personal assistant so she could have someone to talk to.
Other: Bronya has a tattoo of dancing red dragon eight-headed serpent on her back. Also, she has difficulty in reading.

Last edited:
I really like both bio's ^^
However, I would like that the first bio has also a necessary thing of the second one.
Hmmm... Or maybe its just me being picky... It is there in the end @.@
Ah, I overthink simple matters and it is there so

You are accepted @Spoiled Bread :)
Good to see you here

Also... Retrainer of retrainer? Not a bad idea and it isn't Forbidden so... Why not...
Well, honestly didn't knew what to do with it, but Bronya looks like a really cool Character so she passes ^^

Helios.

We're not allowed to have side characters who bare no significance to the main plot and aren't heirs or retainers are we? Not in addition to the two we've submitted?

I have recently come up with some ideas for characters that could fit well in.

Name: Yowashi Ranbell
Nickname: Yowa, K.O.M. (Which either stands for the king of madness or king of mice, depending on how much you like him)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Heir or Retainer: Retainer

Noble Family(Dragonheart,Tigroran,Montiante, Puresoulia): Pursoulia
Appearance: Standing at 5'6 with barely any muscle to show, he's not that spectacular to look at. he has a beige skin tone with blue eyes and beaches blond hair that was long enough to cover his ears. He has a ton of minor bruises littering his body, but can be easily be covered with the most basic of cosmetics( not that he does so often). His clothing is plain as any commoner but they are always amazingly clean.

Personality: Yowa is a very straightforward soul. Of course, he can lie but prefers to be silent if he cannot be honest. His approach to people is openly candid, even with speaking to higher Nobility. He is very intuned with his emotions and expects other people to do the same, in fact, he turns very confrontational if he thinks someone is intentionally being duplicitous. Yowa is always looking for a good time and generally has good intentions.

Element: Water

Backstory: Yowa is very much a member of the Pursoulia family even if his name would not indicate such. His father was noble who desperately wanted to rise in the ranks of prestige and come as close to kingliness as possible. He would generally talk down any of his family members and do his best to appeal to the populace. Unfortunately, this (brunette) man had a visit with a "woman of the streets" and sired a bastard. Not wanting the kid to ruin his reputation he had the child removed from his household and appointed a guard to make sure his secret was never revealed. This made Yowa's childhood similar to that of a commoner with a few perks. At a very young age, his guard taught him to read and study mathematics. He perused the town and made good friends with the kids of merchants or beggers. he would sometimes help farmers alongside going of on mini-adventures. He even had a knack for making friends with some of the simple wildlife (hence the nickname King of Mice). At around age 14, Yowa finally had pieced together his connection to the Pursoulia family and outed his own father. though successful, he never fully integrated into the lifestyle and was not given the chance to become an heir. Still, he does what he can as a retainer and hopes that one day he could do more for his people.

Other: One time he was almost bitten by a snake which he swore was a "dancing red dragon".

I rather like the Monarchy, but those are probably matters for after we take the throne.

I want to try and work-out the relationship between our chars. How long they would've known each other and how well they know each other; things like that.

For example, I noticed Yowa dislikes duplicity. It's not something Tia uses a lot, but if Puresoulia's main thing is diplomacy and negotiation she isn't going to be completely against deception where she feels it's needed. She wouldn't want to do it at the cost of alienating one of her retainers though.

Oopsie oops. My bad for jumping the gun.

As for character dynamics @kyuukestu Yowa has only truly interacted with the family for 8 years during these years he knows general objectives and who is who. But given that Tia is also a bit adventurous they would probably have interacted outside of nobility, like coworkers that sometimes hang out.

Also Andre is a simple person, when it comes to politics and the fact what pushes him to help Puresoulia gonna be shown in rp. ^^

As for character dynamics @kyuukestu Yowa has only truly interacted with the family for 8 years during these years he knows general objectives and who is who. But given that Tia is also a bit adventurous they would probably have interacted outside of nobility, like coworkers that sometimes hang out.

I see, I see.

How long would they have been Tia's retainers? and would she know about their skills?

Andre is the main 'fighter' of the group, but I can't really get a pin on Yowa's skills from his bios.

@Sentorus67 as it turns out Andre and Tia haven't actually met, they shall be doing so in RP. So before I post I wanted to know where Yowa would be. Would he have traveled to the Capital along with Tia in her carriage or do you have other plans in mind...?

I want to know if I should make reference to him in my post because Tia will be staying outside the castle walls and waiting for all her retainers to arrive. Oh, and if you get back while I'm off or something and want to post then I'll outline what Tia's doing.

The Puresoulia carriage would be outside the castle and Tia wouldn't have left it as yet. She wants to observe the other nobles and @RisingGarchomps is having the Tigroran put on such a good show, someone should at least be there to watch lol. Tia would want to enter the castle last though, and she'd want to talk a bit with her retainers before then as well.

First question
Sorry, if anyone from kings family would left then it wouldn't come to heir system. It has however a place in plot how it happend that there is no one left soo... You jist broke a suprise :(

Second Question
There are!
For example, Nis is an Elf. :angel:
There are other races, but they are not as common as humans and most of them hides from the world.
Also, goblins are considered a monster race as anything that isnt smart enough to use magic is considered a monster.
(That's why dragons aren't seen as monsters, but as a race)

Helios.

Second Question
There are!
For example, Nis is an Elf. :angel:
There are other races, but they are not as common as humans and most of them hides from the world.
Also, goblins are considered a monster race as anything that isnt smart enough to use magic is considered a monster.
(That's why dragons aren't seen as monsters, but as a race)
So the only intelligent races are humans and elves? What are the Elves like in this world? Where is 'across the sea'?